BH Tour- Tour III signups (Balanced Hackmons BiWeekly Mini Tours)

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
approved by DTC
BH Tour- BiWeekly Balanced Hackmons Mini Tournaments

How to participate:

• The BH tour is run just like an official Smogon tournament. The first thread/post posted is the sign-ups. During the sign-ups you post "in".
  • The Rounds will last exactly 4 days from the second the round is posted here in the OM sub-forum. At the end of the 4 days, unfinished matches at the deadline will decided by coin flip. Exception: *If you contacted your opponent but they do not respond by the day before the deadline, then if that match does not get completed you will win by activity*
  • Each mini-tournament will consist of 16, 24, 32, 48 or even 64 participants. It will be first come first serve. Sign-ups will last for approximately 3 days unless the tournament reaches 64 participants, at which point sign-ups will finish.
General Rulings for all Tournaments
Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections

Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

BH Tour Rules:
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown! unless both players agree otherwise.
  • Standard Gen VI Balanced Hackmons. Refer to this page for more information on usable Pokemon.
  • This is a single elimination best of one tournament.
  • You may switch your team each round.
Battle Clauses:
  • Ability Clause
  • Timed Battle
Other things to note about BH Tour:
  • Some of these tournaments will have quirks/gimmicks such as allowing previously banned pokemon or banning certain BH pokemon.
  • There won't be more than one tournament running at a time.
  • Any of the above rules are subject to change depending on the tournament at hand.
  • The second post will always outline the special rules of the tournament.
  • If someone wins 3 BH Tours, they get voice in the OM room, if they are already voice or higher, they get the gift of being proud of themselves lol.
Thanks to ShootingStarmie for the Thread OP (stolen from OU minitours)

Last edited:

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Tournament One Rules:

This will be Team tour, form a team of 4 people , create a name, and sign up as in

• If you do not want to be in your respective team anymore, VM me here on smogon
  • Teams will each have 4 people so the format will be like this:
  • player 1 team 1 vs player 1 team 2
  • player 2 team 1 vs player 2 team 2
  • player 3 team 1 vs player 3 team 2
  • player 4 team 1 vs player 4 team 2

Please note that this is just for the first tournament. Subsequent tours will have different rules, but will still have an air of fun to them!
Team Listing
HORNY RHYDONS
Teammates:
1.) Asterat
2.) Adrian Marin
3.) Kl4ng
4.) Keep it Playful
------------------------------------------------------
Electrify Gengars
Teammates:
Ranger Mike
Chesnaught
Kit Kasai
bobbyvaporeon
-------------------------------------------------------
tbd
Teammates:
Arcticblast
MJB
Nollan
perplexing pool
-------------------------------------------------------
Round 1

Last edited:

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Alright OIA, it's up to you to make a Stall vs. Offense tourney one of these days XD

I'll see if I can get a team together.

• Teams will each have 4 people so the format will be like this:
  • player 1 team 1 vs player 1 team 2
  • player 2 team 1 vs player 2 team 2
  • player 3 team 1 vs player 3 team 2
  • player 4 team 1 vs player 4 team 2
Since there's an even number of players on each team, what's the tie-breaker?

Edit: BTW, trying to gather players.

Last edited:

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
I'll be debuting the AwesomeBalance team in this tour so just calling all not taken people I like and remembered
Rumors
Pikachuun
and my offensive wild card fren:
E4 Flint

team Praise CTC lgi jk team #FREELEAFEON #FREEGROUDON #RESSUREKTGEN5

btw current team listings are up, if chesnaughts team goes in, then we need 1 more including mine to have an even 6

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey oi I'd love to participate but I have exams coming up so I'll have to withdraw from this tourn sadly. This is why I stopped laddering in BH incidentally lel. Just another month and I'll be back.

oi the if flint is gone then you should call on that teflon guy oh wait... or that e6 flint... or (insert one of flints 1000000000000 alts that he uses to ladder here)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)