(UPDATE: Peaked 1884) First RMT in awhile: Need your help Smogon

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey all, Stallion here with my first XY RMT. This team showcases some weird pokemon being used effectively, and got me to a peak rating of 1861 on the Showdown ladder. EDIT: New peak of 1884 testing a combination of the changes suggested by MCBarrett and Shurtugal

The reason I'm RMTing it is because it seems to have problems with Stall and specific pokemon like Gliscor, Mew and Zapdos. I used to have pokemon like Gothitelle and Heatran (over Rotom-c and Togekiss respectively) which made my matchup with such teams a lot easier, but I have since replaced them to help me against other playstyles. This team's success lies in using Volt Switch and U-Turn to constantly put pressure on the opponent by giving stuff like Crawdaunt free turns. Once the opponents team has been weakened, this allows my faster pokemon to clean up afterwards. I feel as though this team could be a lot better though and that a lot of my wins have been as a result of my play rather than the strength of my team, which is where you all come in hopefully :). Without further adieu:

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Just your general revenge killer. This is here pretty much so that Charizard's don't get out of hand. Standard moves with EQ in the fourth slot so I'm not completely helpless against Aegislash. Often gets late game sweeps for me when the opposing team has been severely weakened. PS the amount of games I've lost from Stone Edge missing..... ._. Update: Added Rock Slide so I only have to use Stone Edge when absolutely necessary. I never used Zen Headbutt at all tbh.

Bisharp (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

Just your standard Bisharp being tested here in place of Crawdaunt as suggested by Shurtugal. It makes people think twice about Defogging and more importantly gives me a way to trap and punish the Lati twins and Aegislash, making the game that much more fun for my Manectric and Rotom-c. I've been alternating its spot in the team with this Diggersby

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

My stallbreaker suggested to me by MCBarrett. It hits like an absolute nuke, 2hkoing Skarm after a SD with a resisted attack. Self explanatory ev's are given to allow it to outspeed as much as possible, and Adamant so that stall weeps at the very thought of facing it.

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

Easily my MVP, not only is it my Talonflame/Pinsir check but Intimidate + Volt Switch alone gives me that much momentum that it's very easy to play around even weaknesses of mine. Just then, I almost pulled off a win against a stall team that had a severe advantage against my own team just due to Volt Switch never allowing Chansey to heal up. The speed on this thing gives me an advantage against most offensive teams, as without Scarfers they've got nothing that can even touch it outside of priority. Moves and EV's are pretty standard. Flamethrower does plenty and Overheat always seems to miss when I need it most, so it's here to stay unless someone has a really compelling argument otherwise.

Rotom-Mow @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Rest
- Will-O-Wisp

People usually don't know how to handle this because of how rarely it's seen. I needed something to switch into CB Azumarill and Rotom-w and animenagai suggested this; so far it hasn't disappointed. The speed ev's are for creeping Azumarill's and Crawdaunts and the moveset is pretty much your standard Rotom-w moveset but with Leaf Storm to deter ground types much in the same way that Hydro Pump does. Currently testing the new EV spread to outspeed Bisharp's and hit them with Will-O-Wisp and using ChestoRest for Gliscor. I've been alternating its spot in my team with this Amoongus.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 240 HP / 32 Def / 236 SDef
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Also suggested by MCBarrett, this gives me something to switch into Gengar and Aegislash (even SubToxic variants lose to this) while still allowing me to shut down Keldeo and Azumarill like Rotom-c did. Foul Play to say no to King's Shield shenanigans and Sludge Bomb > Clear Smog cause I haven't found a single time in testing where I'd found I wanted it.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 56 Atk / 204 Def / 8 Spd
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Standard Landorus-Therian here, this thing is my primary switch in to Mega Mawile, Charizard X and physical attackers in general. When I had Heatran running Stealth Rock, I used to run Knock Off - which was an awesome fourth move on Land. I miss it quite a bit but Rocks are quite important. 8 Speed ev's cause I'm a creep like that with lots of defensive investment so it can do its job well. Impish nature to take hits from Mawile and Talonflame much better.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SDef / 16 Spd
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Night Shade

Currently testing this in the last slot to give me a Zapdos, Kyurem-B, a Lati switch in and a Defogger all in one. So far it has done its job admirably, but it does make me more Bisharp and Aegislash weak so I'll probably end up replacing it for something else. This shines more in the team variant Amoongus and Diggersby as the aforementioned aren't quite as much of a threat. Standard SpDef ev's with the speed so that I can creep opposing Bisharp.

SpDef Mega Scizor + Diggersby + Taunt/NP Thundurus over Manectric, Bisharp and Mew.

Crawdaunt (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

This thing just punches holes in everything. A Life Orb Crabhammer from this does 10% more then a CB Azumarill Waterfall, which is just ridiculous. I try and get this in on Ground types like Hippowdon or Landorus-T or fire types such as Heatran and use the likely switch out to blast holes in the opponents team. Also serves as my revenge killer to Landorus-I's that get out of hand.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Defog

I used to run Heatran here but I was really AV Conk weak and well played Deoxys-D teams would wear me down and crush me (I also tried Latias but I had no Dragon resist lol), so I went with a Defogger that could switch into Dragons and special attacks in general (such as Aegislash Shadow Balls). Togekiss is probably the weak link in my team however, granting stuff like Zapdos and Rotom-w free switch ins. I've considered Body Slam just to get around Taunt Mew and BP teams over Thunder Wave. Any suggestions for this slot would be much appreciated! I've been strongly considering something like Defog/Will-O-Wisp/Roost/Night Shade Mew but that would just compound my ghost weakness.

There it is. I'll add a threat list eventually, but in short my main threats have been mentioned above as well as stuff like Kyurem-B. I'd like to make this a little better against stall as well, and as with most teams BP can be a dick. Thanks in advance for the rates everyone <3

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure if this will be helpful, but defog gliscor is always an option. EQ, defog, u-turn, SR/ice fang/toxic. That sort of combines lando-T and kiss into one pokemon -- cutting the fat. Gives you an extra spot to work with.

I don' t know how much X-scissor is usefull on terrakion.

For dark types u have close combat. Psychic mons are crippled by stone erge. U can think about zen headbutt for megasaur (even if u have kiss).

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

U can even think about rock slide for stone edge.

Nice team, i love that rotom-m.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I don' t know how much X-scissor is usefull on terrakion.

For dark types u have close combat. Psychic mons are crippled by stone erge. U can think about zen headbutt for megasaur (even if u have kiss).

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

U can even think about rock slide for stone edge.

Nice team, i love that rotom-m.
I had no idea Terrakion got Zen Headbutt, but it makes a lot of sense for Venusaur and Gengar (I hate Stone Miss sometimes).

animenagai - Gliscor doesn't quite take hits as well as Landorus, but it does give me the option of running something that can switch into other Gliscor, Mew, Zapdos and Conk's in my final slot so I might try it. If anyone has any suggestions to test in Togekiss' slot I'd be open to hearing them!

MCBarrett

i love it when you call me big hoppa
Hey Stallion, pretty cool team you've got here. I like how you've used some underrated threats but have still been able to stay within the frameworks of a standard balanced XY team. With that being said, there are a few major threats to your team that still remain, namely Aegislash, Specs Keldeo, and Stall teams.

My first suggestion is gonna be around solving your Aegislash problem. With Choice-Locked Terrak and Togekiss giving Aegi free switch-ins all day you're going to need something that can take repeated Shadow Balls and if possible not be worn by Toxic / Coverage moves like Togekiss is. For these reasons I think Amoonguss over Rotom-Mow would be a great fit. Amoonguss still deals with the two threats you were using Rotom to check in Rotom-W and CB Azu but it also is one of the best Aegi checks in the game thanks to its poison typing and access to Foul Play (252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 236+ SpD Amoonguss: 135-160 (31.2 - 37%) -- 80.2% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery). Not to mention this also gives you a more solid Keldeo check which is always appreciated.
Here's the set:
Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain

Now Stall teams remain a problem for you but there are a few options you can take to help deal with that from this point. First you could replace your Mega Manectric for a Thundurus, opening up a Mega slot for a Stall Breaker Mega such as Mawile, Medicham, Gyarados etc. to go over Crawdaunt which is more or less your wallbreaker right now, only it can't beat stall on its own and your team doesn't have the offensive presence to help it to break stall. This is probably how I would deal with this but you seem to like the utility Volt Switch + Intimidate brings to your team so I'll suggest a non-mega Stall breaker that you can try over Crawdaunt which I've found to be pretty fun. SD Diggersby absolutely mutilates stall teams since it can 2hko Quag through Unaware and absolutely demolishes any other mons after a boost, even Skarm is 2hko'd at +2. This set isn't dead weight against offense or balance either as +2 Quick Attack is enough to OHKO some threats such as Latios or Thundurus after SR damage. Plus it can setup against Aegislash which is extremely common on every playstyle.
Here's the set:
Diggersby @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

Hopefully I was able to help you out a bit. As I said with the stall problem there's a couple different ways you can go about handling it, I just thought I'd give you a couple options and let you try them out yourself. Nice team, and good luck going forward!

Stallion

Tree Young
Hey Stallion, pretty cool team you've got here. I like how you've used some underrated threats but have still been able to stay within the frameworks of a standard balanced XY team. With that being said, there are a few major threats to your team that still remain, namely Aegislash, Specs Keldeo, and Stall teams.

My first suggestion is gonna be around solving your Aegislash problem. With Choice-Locked Terrak and Togekiss giving Aegi free switch-ins all day you're going to need something that can take repeated Shadow Balls and if possible not be worn by Toxic / Coverage moves like Togekiss is. For these reasons I think Amoonguss over Rotom-Mow would be a great fit. Amoonguss still deals with the two threats you were using Rotom to check in Rotom-W and CB Azu but it also is one of the best Aegi checks in the game thanks to its poison typing and access to Foul Play (252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 236+ SpD Amoonguss: 135-160 (31.2 - 37%) -- 80.2% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery). Not to mention this also gives you a more solid Keldeo check which is always appreciated.
Here's the set:
Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain

Now Stall teams remain a problem for you but there are a few options you can take to help deal with that from this point. First you could replace your Mega Manectric for a Thundurus, opening up a Mega slot for a Stall Breaker Mega such as Mawile, Medicham, Gyarados etc. to go over Crawdaunt which is more or less your wallbreaker right now, only it can't beat stall on its own and your team doesn't have the offensive presence to help it to break stall. This is probably how I would deal with this but you seem to like the utility Volt Switch + Intimidate brings to your team so I'll suggest a non-mega Stall breaker that you can try over Crawdaunt which I've found to be pretty fun. SD Diggersby absolutely mutilates stall teams since it can 2hko Quag through Unaware and absolutely demolishes any other mons after a boost, even Skarm is 2hko'd at +2. This set isn't dead weight against offense or balance either as +2 Quick Attack is enough to OHKO some threats such as Latios or Thundurus after SR damage. Plus it can setup against Aegislash which is extremely common on every playstyle.
Here's the set:
Diggersby @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

Hopefully I was able to help you out a bit. As I said with the stall problem there's a couple different ways you can go about handling it, I just thought I'd give you a couple options and let you try them out yourself. Nice team, and good luck going forward!
Awesome rate, everything you've said makes so much sense - I can definitely see why you've got that badge!! I'm definitely gonna test your suggestions out :). A few quick questions: is there much of a point of Clear Smog on Amoongus? It's useful for stat uppers I know but I've found in my tests that I've found myself wishing I had Sludge Bomb a couple of times. Just wondering if there's anything specific Clear Smog is for. Np Thund? And secondly would be that if I were to try and go the Thundurus route (although I probably prefer the Diggersby one that you suggested), what set you'd recommend on it and what Mega (and set) you'd recommend as my stallbreaker? Sorry if that's too much work, your rate had me genuinely intrigued in that respect. Thanks so much once again!

EDIT: Amoongus leaves me a little Mega Gyarados weak. It can be played around though I suppose

MCBarrett

i love it when you call me big hoppa
Awesome rate, everything you've said makes so much sense - I can definitely see why you've got that badge!! I'm definitely gonna test your suggestions out :). A few quick questions: is there much of a point of Clear Smog on Amoongus? It's useful for stat uppers I know but I've found in my tests that I've found myself wishing I had Sludge Bomb a couple of times. Just wondering if there's anything specific Clear Smog is for. Np Thund? And secondly would be that if I were to try and go the Thundurus route (although I probably prefer the Diggersby one that you suggested), what set you'd recommend on it and what Mega (and set) you'd recommend as my stallbreaker? Sorry if that's too much work, your rate had me genuinely intrigued in that respect. Thanks so much once again!

EDIT: Amoongus leaves me a little Mega Gyarados weak. It can be played around though I suppose
Yea Clear Smog on Amoongus is just for insurance for setup sweepers but I'm sure Sludge Bomb would work fine.

If you decide to go the Thundurus route you could go a few different ways since you already have a scarfer. Some sets would be the standard T Wave 3 attacks, NP T Wave 2 Attacks, NP 3 Attacks, or Stallbreaker which runs the following spread:
Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Spd / 112 Atk / 144 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Superpower
- Fly / Psychic
First time I saw this set it was just Fly in the last slot but I've found after using it that it's just way too easy to play around early game so Psychic or HP Flying (Both have same BP vs M-Venu) makes sense as an option to hit M-Venu. EVs let you 2hko Chansey with Superpower 100% of the time. I wouldn't think you'd need a set that has T-Wave but if you feel stuff like M-Gyara is too problematic it's totally viable.

As far as the Mega goes one of my favorites is Mawile.
I've used the following set a lot and it does well vs all play styles as long as you have something that can wear down M-Venu a bit.
Mawile @ Mawilite
EVs: 116 Spd / 140 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Focus Punch
- Knock Off
Basically its the Sub Punch set with Knock Off over Sub since Knock Off is just so useful and it's usually easy enough to predict when to use Focus Punch that Sub isn't necessary. A set of SD / Play Rough / Sucker Punch / Knock Off or Iron Head can wreck Stall as well with Iron Head Ohko'ing M-Venu at +2 and Knock Off doing more to Skarm while +2 Play Rough can 2hko M-Venu. You can run more speed on SD as well so you don't have to rely on Sucker Punching Heatran, 216 is enough to outspeed uninvested.

The other Mega that is just a pure Stall Breaker is Mega Medicham.
Medicham @ Medichamite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Psycho Cut
- Fire Punch
- Substitute / Ice Punch / Bullet Punch

Basically 2hko's or Ohko's every common stall mon and requires no setup at all. Fire Punch is there to hit Aegi, Sub lets you setup on King's Shield or just gives you an extra hit against slower teams, Ice Punch hits Grounds hard and BP hits fairies and gives priority.

Other than those there's like Mega Char-X, Mega Gyara, Mega Ttar, Mega Hera that all do well vs stall but those are pretty straightforward sets so I didn't feel I needed to put them. If you need me to though, just let me know n_n

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
I feel like a Taunt / Swords Dance LO Bisharp over Crawdaunt could help break stall teams more. You could also opt to run Pursuit to trap Lati@s and Aegislash, making Terrakion and Manectric lategame sweeps that much easier.

Looks like a neat balanced team otherwise. I personally prefer Impish natured Landorus-T since CB Talonflame does a lot of damage, as I'm sure you've noticed.

Also, just a note, but I like Rotom-M. It adds VoltTurn while still being able to be useful. I recommend hitting 240 speed (not evs, but speed tier), so that you may burn Jolly Mawile and Adamant Bisharps, as well as being able to outrun Jolly Azumaril (mighty useful against Jolly Belly Drum that try Play Roughing on you). You lose some bulk, though, so the choice is yours.

Personally, I think Bisharp's steel typing brings a lot to the table. Hope I helped! :)

(EDIT: You say you run Crawdaunt for Ground-types, but with Rotom-M, Landorus-T, and Togekiss, you handle them pretty well imo. ChestoResto Rotom-M can effectively beat Gliscor if you need it to.)

Stallion

Tree Young
Thanks for all that MCBarrett , you've given me so much to test - this is gonna be fun :).

I feel like a Taunt / Swords Dance LO Bisharp over Crawdaunt could help break stall teams more. You could also opt to run Pursuit to trap Lati@s and Aegislash, making Terrakion and Manectric lategame sweeps that much easier.

Looks like a neat balanced team otherwise. I personally prefer Impish natured Landorus-T since CB Talonflame does a lot of damage, as I'm sure you've noticed.

Also, just a note, but I like Rotom-M. It adds VoltTurn while still being able to be useful. I recommend hitting 240 speed (not evs, but speed tier), so that you may burn Jolly Mawile and Adamant Bisharps, as well as being able to outrun Jolly Azumaril (mighty useful against Jolly Belly Drum that try Play Roughing on you). You lose some bulk, though, so the choice is yours.

Personally, I think Bisharp's steel typing brings a lot to the table. Hope I helped! :)

(EDIT: You say you run Crawdaunt for Ground-types, but with Rotom-M, Landorus-T, and Togekiss, you handle them pretty well imo. ChestoResto Rotom-M can effectively beat Gliscor if you need it to.)
What you say makes quite a bit of sense. What moves would you recommend on SD/Taunt Bisharp and Pursuit Bisharp? Testing Impish on Landorus-T and I definitely like it better. Also gonna test 240 speed ChestoRest Rotom as a fuck you to Gliscor. I don't think very many would have the stones to run Taunt Toxic EQ Roost so I should definitely be fine there. Thanks for the awesome rate!!

Random aside, I'm super super Kyurem-B weak. Suggestions for this?

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
I see you've added a Mew!

To be honest, with Mew, KyuB shouldn't be much of an issue -- the two most common sets in Scarf and LO are effectively beaten by this team with a combination effort from Bisharp and Mew.

However, I must say, that Night Shade is probably the worst move you could possibly use on Mew. Why not run Taunt in its place? Stallbreaker Mew makes stall so much easier to face -- the only thing i would consider is maybe more speed on it, like 253 for Scizor or 260 for Dragonite or even 267 for Gyarados, Tyranitar, and bulky DD Charizard.

With Mew carrying the Taunt, I feel this makes the Bisharp you are currently using a much better pokemon to use than the Swords Dance / Taunt variant since you have more coverage with the 4 attack LO set, and you have mew to back it up in stallbreaking. I was currently going to suggest running SD or Taunt / Knock Off / Sucker Punch / Pursuit, but the additional coverage is better, and with Mew running Taunt, Bisharp no longer has to stallbreak as much. The Pursuit is probably going to be key, as it makes Terrakion's and Manectric's life that much easier. Bisharp is also a great mon for VoltTurn since you can constantly use it to pressure, as well as Mew.

I knew Impish would be better -- too many strong physical threats out there, you need the extra oomph in the defenses. Also, you keep saying KyuB is a threat, but Mew + Scarf Terrakion + Bisharp can keep it in check.
With these changes, getting #1 on PS should be easy peazy.

Hey Stallion, cool to see you playing XY! Cool team as well, I have used Manectric + Landorus-T a couple of a battles and that double Intimidate is really useful.

Anyways, as for the stall problem, I think a cool solution to combine Bisharp with the stallbreaking aspects of Diggersby is to use Grass Knot on Bisharp. Bisharp is actually a pretty troublesome Pokémon for stall, if it switches in on a Defog it is extremely threatening (even without that boost it can do lots of damage). However, stall usually has Quagsire as solid Bisharp switchin. Grass Knot lets you eliminate Quagsire, allowing you to wreck havoc with Bisharp. Also, they lose their Volt Switch immunity which lets you VoltTurn a lot easier, which can help as well.

I agree with McBarrett that you are weak to Specs Keldeo, but I want to add that Greninja can also be a threat. Unfortunately, even though they are both specially offensive Water-types, their checks/counters do not necessarily overlap. Greninja usually carries Extrasensory and has STAB Ice Beam, while Keldeo has Secret Sword. For example, Amoonguss is solid versus Keldeo, but it can't take on Greninja. However, to be honest, I don't really see an easy way to fix both of these issues, as something like Ferrothorn > Rotom-C helps versus Greninja, but you will have a hard time against Specs Keldeo (though thanks to Mew you can play around it). And for something that fixes this, eg Assault Vest Azumarill or Mega Gyarados, I don't really see you fitting them in. Though it might be worth a shot to use Azumarill > Terrakion. Now, this might seem like a weird change but in general they have a little overlap. You mentioned Terrakion as your main check for the Charizards, Azumarill works well for this, it takes on Charizard X easily thanks to its typing, Charizard Y is annoying with SolarBeam. In addition, Azumarill also checks Keldeo, Greninja, etc. Aqua Jet is also okay for lategame sweeping, not too amazing.

Now, you lack a Choice Scarfer which isn't that important in XY but I think it is better for you to change Landorus-T to a Scarf set if you go with this. Landorus-T is also one of my favorite Scarfers, Earthquake / Stone Edge gives him enough coverage and he can fit U-turn and Knock Off in his last two slots which are both amazing. It also still has Intimidate to revenge kill unsuspecting Pinsir (and even suspecting ones as +1 Quick Attack isn't that impressive), Mawile, etc. This removes Stealth Rock though, but a solid fit for that would be on Mew over Night Shade, which quite frankly isn't that good of a move. Also, bump up Mew's Speed to 108 regardless to outspeed Jolly Bisharp and burn it.

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off / Superpower

Landorus-T @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off / Superpower

I slashed Superpower for both because Bisharp + Azumarill + Landorus-T means you end up with three Knock Off users, maybe you want to cut it down to two.

Bisharp:
Grass Knot > Pursuit
Lonely > Adamant

Mew:
Stealth Rock > Night Shade
108 Speed EVs

Again, just a suggestion that could be worth trying. GL!

Stallion

Tree Young
Hey Stallion, cool to see you playing XY! Cool team as well, I have used Manectric + Landorus-T a couple of a battles and that double Intimidate is really useful.

Anyways, as for the stall problem, I think a cool solution to combine Bisharp with the stallbreaking aspects of Diggersby is to use Grass Knot on Bisharp. Bisharp is actually a pretty troublesome Pokémon for stall, if it switches in on a Defog it is extremely threatening (even without that boost it can do lots of damage). However, stall usually has Quagsire as solid Bisharp switchin. Grass Knot lets you eliminate Quagsire, allowing you to wreck havoc with Bisharp. Also, they lose their Volt Switch immunity which lets you VoltTurn a lot easier, which can help as well.

I agree with McBarrett that you are weak to Specs Keldeo, but I want to add that Greninja can also be a threat. Unfortunately, even though they are both specially offensive Water-types, their checks/counters do not necessarily overlap. Greninja usually carries Extrasensory and has STAB Ice Beam, while Keldeo has Secret Sword. For example, Amoonguss is solid versus Keldeo, but it can't take on Greninja. However, to be honest, I don't really see an easy way to fix both of these issues, as something like Ferrothorn > Rotom-C helps versus Greninja, but you will have a hard time against Specs Keldeo (though thanks to Mew you can play around it). And for something that fixes this, eg Assault Vest Azumarill or Mega Gyarados, I don't really see you fitting them in. Though it might be worth a shot to use Azumarill > Terrakion. Now, this might seem like a weird change but in general they have a little overlap. You mentioned Terrakion as your main check for the Charizards, Azumarill works well for this, it takes on Charizard X easily thanks to its typing, Charizard Y is annoying with SolarBeam. In addition, Azumarill also checks Keldeo, Greninja, etc. Aqua Jet is also okay for lategame sweeping, not too amazing.

Now, you lack a Choice Scarfer which isn't that important in XY but I think it is better for you to change Landorus-T to a Scarf set if you go with this. Landorus-T is also one of my favorite Scarfers, Earthquake / Stone Edge gives him enough coverage and he can fit U-turn and Knock Off in his last two slots which are both amazing. It also still has Intimidate to revenge kill unsuspecting Pinsir (and even suspecting ones as +1 Quick Attack isn't that impressive), Mawile, etc. This removes Stealth Rock though, but a solid fit for that would be on Mew over Night Shade, which quite frankly isn't that good of a move. Also, bump up Mew's Speed to 108 regardless to outspeed Jolly Bisharp and burn it.

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off / Superpower

Landorus-T @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off / Superpower

I slashed Superpower for both because Bisharp + Azumarill + Landorus-T means you end up with three Knock Off users, maybe you want to cut it down to two.

Bisharp:
Grass Knot > Pursuit
Lonely > Adamant

Mew:
Stealth Rock > Night Shade
108 Speed EVs

Again, just a suggestion that could be worth trying. GL!
Thanks for the rate! With Bisharp I like how it can survive random physical attacks and take priority decently so I'm trying a naughty nature. If Hippo switches in on Knock Off it's actually got a chance at being 2hkoed without Rocks (guaranteed with), so Grass Knot is a badass suggestion. Av Azumarill is great too because it puts pressure on the opponent more then something like Amoongus while still being bulky enough to switch in on powerful special attacks. The only thing I'm not sure about is Scarf Land-T, I love the extra U-Turn and double intimidate is boss but I was kinda wanting my Scarfer to outspeed DDzard as right now if Azumarill is worn down I have an incredibly tough time killing it. I was thinking maybe a regular Landorus (physical too) just to hit that 101 speed, but I do like having a second Intimidate. Maybe it's a good thing not to have an extra one so that Bisharp finds less opportunity to boost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)