Other Creative / Underrated Sets Thread (Read the thread, NO SHITTY GIMMICKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying you're a complete idiot. I'm saying you called his set a shitty gimmick without even saying anything about. And I said 2 charizard y outspeeds scarf garchomp. I also didn't say that he can't be countered, I'm just saying that you made it sound like everything counters charizard y.

Zard Y is a sweeper and Wallbreaker. I've done both with him.

I don't see how it's relevant. It was one mistake, you act like I changed pokemon forever.

So yeah dude, I think you should just accept that you're kinda wrong
OK. I know i was exaggarating a bit, but the point is that he is not gonna baton pass any speed boosts to charizard. So, it can't outspeed garchomp even if it is not scarfed. So, on this point you were wrong. And, let's bury this matter, shall we? :]

Less argument, more discussion about Role Play Landorus.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 136 Spd (very flexible; max HP because I like my Landorus bulky, enough Speed to outrun Greninja that's been Rock Tombed on the switch, rest in Atk)
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb (or Stone Edge if you enjoy missing, but Rock Tomb's my preferred Rock move and it's also not the focus of the set; if you prefer power and not getting destroyed by Bisharp that's fine too) after more testing rock tomb is absolute balls use stone edge instead
- Swords Dance
- Role Play

This Landorus is an effective way of punishing anyone who uses Gliscor. And if they don't, well, it still does what a normal Landorus-T is meant to do and you're not losing out on much by putting Role Play in that moveslot. So it's not just a situational moveset that's otherwise useless.

It's not hard to set up a Gliscor vs Landorus scenario, since Gliscor is a decent switch-in to most Landorus-T and you can easily come in on Gliscor yourself unless it has ice fang then you're screwed with this set. The idea is to eat the Toxic, copy Poison Heal with Role Play (it handily bypasses Protect/Substitute in case you were wondering), set up and sweep with your hefty Attack stat, status protection and 12-18% (depending on whether Leftovers gets knocked off) HP regeneration each turn. Anyone who's played Hackmons should know how difficult it can be to stop a Poison Heal Pokémon without a niche move used specifically to beat Poison Heal. I use Rock Tomb to alleviate the somewhat less than desirable base 91 Speed and Stone Edge's accuracy, but that can be done by running max Speed Jolly or something like that if you prefer. Not Rock Polish>SD though, otherwise you'll never muscle past the Gliscor.

But isn't this just a dead weight if you don't have a Gliscor to steal PH from? Not really. Landorus doesn't suffer immensely from the use of Role Play over one of its more standard moves and depending on how you want to EV it, it can still perform as a bulky pivot or threatening Swords Dance sweeper regardless. Besides, there are various other situations in which Landorus can make use of its opponent's ability: pink blobs, Heatran, Chesnaught, Regenerators, Scolipede, Magic Guard?, some Moxie users, users of sand-based abilities and Dragonite come to mind; none of these are as game-changing as Poison Heal but they can come in handy. And it's not like you'll ever miss Intimidate because it only activates upon switching in.

This set loses against things like Rotom-W, Greninja (unless you predict) and generally faster special-based Pokémon that aren't scared of Earthquake, so make sure you're prepared for those. So, just like most Landorus-T. It's probably worth using this alongside a cleric, just in case you get forced out while poisoned and end up losing your ability and being crippled for the rest of the match. I've had a lot of fun using this myself - it's very threatening if you get hold of Poison Heal and not at all disappointing if you don't. I'd be interested to see what you think.

EDIT:
-The original set I posted loses the matchup against more Gliscor variants than I'd like, so I've crossed out a lot and am experimenting a bit to find a set that works better.
-Bulk Up>Swords Dance ensures the victory against Gliscors carrying Ice Fang or Swords Dance and makes you more durable afterwards. Haven't tested, but probably the superior option.

Last edited:
Would a Defog Chlorophyll Shiftry be good on a sun team? Seems ideal that it's a non-SR weak Defogger who dramatically benefits from the Sun. Here's a set I was thinking of:

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick / Knock Off / Tailwind
- Seed Bomb / Rockslide
- Defog

Thoughts on the set? Low Kick takes care of TTar, which would be a pain to sun teams. Enough speed to outspeed +1 positive nature base 100s in the sun.

Also, I've seen that Deoxys-s is becoming a popular offensive rain setter - wouldn't it also work just as well as a sun setter? I curious to know if there's something I'm missing in this assumption.

Would a Defog Chlorophyll Shiftry be good on a sun team? Seems ideal that it's a non-SR weak Defogger who dramatically benefits from the Sun. Here's a set I was thinking of:

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb / Rockslide
- Defog

Thoughts on the set? Low Kick takes care of TTar, which would be a pain to sun teams. Enough speed to outspeed +1 positive nature base 100s in the sun.

Also, I've seen that Deoxys-s is becoming a popular offensive rain setter - wouldn't it also work just as well as a sun setter? I curious to know if there's something I'm missing in this assumption.
Shiftry's much too frail to be a good defogger, his purpose on a sun team is to provide offensive coverage. All OU rapid spinners/defoggers are quite bulky, and there's a reason for that.

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb / Rockslide
- Defog

Deoxys-S would make a fine sun setter - the only reason it's not used for that is that nobody ever uses sun. Rain is generally better because swift swimmers can get a speed boost and a boost to their water STABs at the same time, while chlorophyll users receive no boost to their grass STAB. So it's not because deoxys-s is bad at setting sun, but because sun isn't that good in the first place.

EDIT: frail hazard removers work just fine, see Starmie, Excadrill, and Latios

Deoxys-S would make a fine sun setter - the only reason it's not used for that is that nobody ever uses sun. Rain is generally better because swift swimmers can get a speed boost and a boost to their water STABs at the same time, while chlorophyll users receive no boost to their grass STAB. So it's not because deoxys-s is bad at setting sun, but because sun isn't that good in the first place.

EDIT: frail hazard removers work just fine, see Starmie, Excadrill, and Latios
Excadrill is by no means frail. Neither is Latios. You do have a point with Starmie though.

Edit: Forgot Starmie's stats and ability; natural cure + recover make Starmie quite durable

Last edited:

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Here are two never-seen and decent char-x sets:

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Fire Punch

Double dance. This set is ridiculously strong and it is hard to stop after it has settup. The problem with this compared to bw haxorus is lum berry, which would be very useful, otherwise this set destroys most bulky offensive teams, and can wall break through stall. What i love about this is that im finding there to be much less scarfers, and if there are, it can easily tank a hit.

EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def Or 144 HP / 240 Atk / 4 SDef / 120 Spd (taken from bulky dd analysis)
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz / Fire Punch / Earthquake
- Roost / Substitute

This is my favourite set. I havent sorted it ou completely but is great. This 6-0's stall and demolishes more bulkier teams. The reason dd varient have an easy time to settup is because of its amazing natural bulk. This set focuses on that and with correct predictions you can easily get a sub up, sd then demolish.

A sub dd set could work as well but i am rly liking this one atm

Here are two never-seen and decent char-x sets:

EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Fire Punch

Double dance. This set is ridiculously strong and it is hard to stop after it has settup. The problem with this compared to bw haxorus is lum berry, which would be very useful, otherwise this set destroys most bulky offensive teams, and can wall break through stall. What i love about this is that im finding there to be much less scarfers, and if there are, it can easily tank a hit.

EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def Or 144 HP / 240 Atk / 4 SDef / 120 Spd (taken from bulky dd analysis)
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz / Fire Punch / Earthquake
- Roost / Substitute

This is my favourite set. I havent sorted it ou completely but is great. This 6-0's stall and demolishes more bulkier teams. The reason dd varient have an easy time to settup is because of its amazing natural bulk. This set focuses on that and with correct predictions you can easily get a sub up, sd then demolish.

A sub dd set could work as well but i am rly liking this one atm
I'm pretty sure that Fire Punch would be superior at +2 with the combined boosts from STAB and Tough Claws. You mention its natural bulk then list Flare Blitz as the main STAB option? Not worth the recoil unless there are any notable KOes against threatening pokemon that I'm missing. Can we see damage calcs against pokemon like Hippowdon and Landorus-T? Might be useful.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm pretty sure that Fire Punch would be superior at +2 with the combined boosts from STAB and Tough Claws. You mention its natural bulk then list Flare Blitz as the main STAB option? Not worth the recoil unless there are any notable KOes against threatening pokemon that I'm missing. Can we see damage calcs against pokemon like Hippowdon and Landorus-T? Might be useful.
The set i have made isnt the final draft, i am still working on the best moves/ev's. I put flare blitz with roost as with sub, char would be too warn down.
Calcs:
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 367-433 (87.3 - 103%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 229-271 (54.5 - 64.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Hippowdon: 498-586 (118.5 - 139.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Hippowdon: 312-367 (74.2 - 87.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 469-553 (122.7 - 144.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 294-346 (76.9 - 90.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Unaware Clefable: 372-438 (94.4 - 111.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Unaware Clefable: 232-274 (58.8 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Togekiss: 427-504 (114.1 - 134.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Togekiss: 267-315 (71.3 - 84.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Gliscor: 372-438 (105 - 123.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Gliscor: 232-274 (65.5 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

On more offensively based sets definately use fb, on the bulky set fp is probably better

The set i have made isnt the final draft, i am still working on the best moves/ev's. I put flare blitz with roost as with sub, char would be too warn down.
Calcs:
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 367-433 (87.3 - 103%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 229-271 (54.5 - 64.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Hippowdon: 498-586 (118.5 - 139.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Hippowdon: 312-367 (74.2 - 87.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 469-553 (122.7 - 144.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 294-346 (76.9 - 90.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Unaware Clefable: 372-438 (94.4 - 111.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Unaware Clefable: 232-274 (58.8 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Togekiss: 427-504 (114.1 - 134.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Togekiss: 267-315 (71.3 - 84.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Gliscor: 372-438 (105 - 123.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Gliscor: 232-274 (65.5 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

On more offensively based sets definately use fb, on the bulky set fp is probably better
Point taken.

How effective is Rotom-W holding Choice Scarf or Choice Specs? I can't see it being bad in either role, it even has Trick to cripple opponents like Blissey. Or does it need all the bulk to check the pokemon it has any business taking on?

How effective is Rotom-W holding Choice Scarf or Choice Specs? I can't see it being bad in either role, it even has Trick to cripple opponents like Blissey. Or does it need all the bulk to check the pokemon it has any business taking on?
Choiced Washtom was quite a popular set in the fifth generation, although since the rise of Talonflame, Rotom now needs to run as much bulks as it can afford in order to provide an answer to it. I'm not saying it is a bad choice by any means, but it is pretty much a bit dated in today's meta.

This has been a WIP and has been testing quite well at local tournaments and rated battles. I can post damage calcs once I get on my pc but here's the gist of my idea

Seismitoad@Choiceband
Adamant nature
150 Hp/252Atk/106 Spe
Water absorb

Knock off
Ice punch
drain punch/poison jab
Earthquake

This generation seismitoad got a boost to his attack to a respectable 95. With the sudden burst of knock off this set seems more than viable. Sadly he has no water stab on the physical side but can be mitigated by combination of ice punch and eq. The spe evs allow it outspeed bisharp with 132 speed investment which I have been seeing more of from the bisharp thread. With water absorb, electric immunity and great typing it can check a good amount of the OU meta. Comparing to his 2 same typing counterparts swampert and quagsire seismitoad provides a different niche. Quagsires water absorb and typing is outclassed by his unaware set for stall countering. While swampert has a bit more bulk and attack than toad he fails to provide the best switch in on water attacks as his abilities are sub par. In other words it doesn't have a similar Pokemon that outclasses it without losing something that gives seismitoad more of an advantage.

Alternatively you could potentially go with a naughty life orb set and add in hydro pump for the dual Stab but I haven't done investment checking for it.

Last edited:
Choiced Washtom was quite a popular set in the fifth generation, although since the rise of Talonflame, Rotom now needs to run as much bulks as it can afford in order to provide an answer to it. I'm not saying it is a bad choice by any means, but it is pretty much a bit dated in today's meta.
Subsequently, with the recent decline of Talonflame's usage, and the discovery of relevant checks other than Rotom, the Choiced set has risen to become a viable option, as the standard Bulky Scarf spread is still only 3HKO'd by Talonflame.

Choiced Rotom W is now a very effective utility tool, often packing Wil-O-Wisp to burn those who attempt to speed creep, while crippling a select threat and snatching momentum thereafter, extending its usability through the end game.

I often see this guy paired with Skarmory, as a targeted Trick/volt switch could give Skarm a favorable match up for hazard stacking. As a back-up answer for Talonflame's Brave Bird, the compromise in Rotom's Bulk is not sorely missed.

This has been a WIP and has been testing quite well at local tournaments and rated battles. I can post damage calcs once I get on my pc but here's the gist of my idea

Seismitoad@Choiceband
Adamant nature
150 Hp/252Atk/106 Spe
Water absorb

Knock off
Ice punch
drain punch/poison jab
Earthquake

This generation seismitoad got a boost to his attack to a respectable 95. With the sudden burst of knock off this set seems more than viable. Sadly he has no water stab on the physical side but can be mitigated by combination of ice punch and eq. The spe evs allow it outspeed bisharp with 132 speed investment which I have been seeing more of from the bisharp thread. With water absorb, electric immunity and great typing it can check a good amount of the OU meta.

Alternatively you could potentially go with a naughty life orb set and add in hydro pump for the dual Stab but I haven't done investment checking for it.
Seismitoad is a pain to fight, and he deserves a bit more OU play! While I think Swampert does the Choice Band set better, with the same typing, I am very interested with the prospects of that Naughty Life Orb set you mentioned.

Naughty LO could work very well on a Rain team, finding use for both Water Absorb (as a buffer for opportunistic Keldeos trying to abuse your rain) or Swift Swim (to nab additional KOs on frailer threats. However, bear in mind that the Toad's presence on a rain team will have opponents thinking that it is Swift Swim out of the gate, which would lead to bulkier switch-ins, and makes a stronger case for Water Absorb.

A set that almost did a number on me was this (or this is my re-imagining of it):

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Cotton Guard / U-Turn
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Encore / Taunt / Stun Spore / Moonblast / Hurricane / Tailwind

Between Leftovers and Leech Seed, you're usually recovering (or almost recovering) all the health you used to make a substitute whilst draining health from your opponent. You can tank up Whimsicott's Defense with priority Cotton Guard, making his subs hard to break on the physical side. Encore is the preferred move to provide set up opportunities for your team, or to just prevent other stall-mons accessing their recovery move after they've tried to break your sub - but Whimsicott really does have a lot of options here (an attack can make sure you're not completely screwed by Magic Guard users). If the opponent lacks a grass pokemon, Infiltrator, Taunt user or Magic Guard user (if you've opted for a non-attacking variant) then you pretty much have a win condition right there. I know similar sets have existed in the past, but Whimsicott's defensive typing got a boost with the addition of Fairy this gen, making it resist several common types it didn't before (Fighting, Dark, Dragon Immunity).

Fortunately enough, I did have a Magic Guard user - never underestimate the 1 HP Alakazam!

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rain Dance
- Rest
- Scald

This thing is a beast and is so underrated. It acts as a very very bulky special sweep and rekts everything once it sets up(bar water absorb pokemon, but you have 5 other pokemon for them) I use this on my mono water team and it is just a beast. It walls very hard physical attacks and once it sets up a calm mind or two it can take a bunch of hits and then rest up to set up again! I've swept manymany teams and caused lots of forfeits with this pokemon its insane, while I've only swept a handful with the usual tail glow manaphy. It's very good pokemon to use if you want bulk and strong attacker.

Some calcs:
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Manaphy: 169-201 (41.8 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Manaphy: 178-211 (44 - 52.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Dragonite Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Manaphy: 159-187 (39.3 - 46.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

This thing has balk it's insane.

Some replays of sweeps:

Overall, CM Manaphy is really underrated, but it's so good once it gets to set up.
Must give credit to Starmaster for suggesting this set to me a while ago in my rmt(http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...21-on-the-monotype-ladder-new-peak-6.3503838/)

Last edited:
It's his first post here, I think it can work though. Lots of changes have to be made though. Don't forget, magneton was RU last gen, which is not great, but at least not NU.

1) Firstly, to run a defensive set, max out a defense and don't max out the other, invest in HP.

2) Toxic + Thunder Wave + Discharge won't work. You need to choose one status move - Discharge is best, having a good chance to paralyze and doing nice damage.

3) Since protect and toxic are out of the system, rest + sleep talk is in, as a form of recovery and will choose a good move usually, occasionally choosing rest.

4) Flash Cannon is a good filler.

Magneton
Item: Eviolite
Nature: Bold
Ability: Sturdy/Analytic
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpAtk
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Flash Cannon
- Discharge

By the way, magneton's defense + eviolite is killer:

252 Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Infernape Mach Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Magneton: 88-109 (28.9 - 35.8%) -- 20.7% chance to 3HKO

252+ Atk Dragonite Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Magneton: 92-110 (30.2 - 36.1%) -- 46.9% chance to 3HKO
:( And okay.

Mega Charizard Y (F) @ Charizardite Y
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Solar Beam
- Roost

The Flare Blitz Zard-Y is here, say goodbye to every Chansey/Blissey! If you rly hate stall teams that set can do a good work, even if the standard Zard Y is generally better because that set loses power on pretty much the whole threat list but yer it still does a great job against stall teams and it's somewhat gimmick as well so I had posted it. Moves are p standard, Flare Blitz 2HKOs Blissey/Chansey but destroys Zard-Y too due to the recoil, EQ hits Heatran n Tyranitar and Solar Beam for coverage on Rotom-W, Quagsire and blablabla. Not too good but still useful sometime.
Nice but why the Flare Blitz? Better if you had Overheat for switch out coverage or Dragon Pulse

Mega Aerodactyl:

Jolly
120Hp, 252 Attack, 136 Speed

Fly
Stone Edge
Fire Fang
Hone Claws

dont have calcs, got me to around 1650 on ladder.

you didnt explain why it was good :I
its good because fly has massive power yo. 90*1.5*1.333 = base power. after a hone claws it goes up to 270 power off of 369 attack along with a troll speed of 407 it manages to outspeed all non scarved pokemon in OU.

EQ is not better than fire fang because fire fang lets you beat ferrothorn and many other steels. Heatran usually got 1hko or 2hko with stone edge

its good because fly has massive power yo. 90*1.5*1.333 = base power. after a hone claws it goes up to 270 power off of 369 attack along with a troll speed of 407 it manages to outspeed all non scarved pokemon in OU.

EQ is not better than fire fang because fire fang lets you beat ferrothorn and many other steels. Heatran usually got 1hko or 2hko with stone edge
LOL But EQ is what is usally set uped. But fire fang i agree has good coverage, But take something out for the EQ or Iron Head for fairy coverage, EVen though, Earthquake has more base power than fire fang

Last edited:
I have been using a Klefki set that I'm enjoying at the moment. Im sure most people wont like using eject button (although I think its one of his better sets) but it works with light clay too

Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (can be switched to specially defensive but wouldnt advise it)
- Fairy Lock
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Thunder Wave/Foul Play

This set is perfect when paired with a win-condition like Mega mawile, and the identical typing plays heavily in your favour. Using this set, you can lure in pokemon who can beat mega mawile such as heatran or landorus-t, and lock them in place after your death to be revenged by a powerful pokemon. I like using a core of Klefki, specs Keldeo (who can 1-shot anything that Klefki lures and traps such as heatran/lando-t) and Mega Mawile as mentioned before. This can work well with other win-condition pokemon, such as mega pinsir or megazard-x.
The idea is not to let klefki die the first time it switches in (unless you get the chance to get one of your desired targets), but later in the game when it has already set up screens once or twice and is low enough to be killed by a single attack from Heatran/Lando-T. Luckily a 4x bug resistance means Lando is very unlikely to be able to finish you off with u-turn and switch out of fairy lock at the same time, while Keldeo will outspeed him afterwards in order to ohko before he can use u-turn.

You can use this with eject button klefki too, which means you have the option of locking in the opponent while being able to instantly switch out without the need to sac your klefki.
I think Fairy Lock is criminally underused considering you are able to trap anything for revenge killing after they take out a support pokemon who has likely already set up screens for your team already.

The last slot is up to your personal choice, both moves are good at crippling things attempting to set up on you, but usually I run thunder wave in order to cripple things faster than my revenge killers so that they are outsped whilst trapped. Foul Play is a solid alternative though to not be so crippled by thundurus or other taunt users.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)