Rain Team for local tournament with friends

Hey guys, this is my first post and I actually just started learning how to team build, so please, forgive any noob mistakes I might have made here, hehehe.

First of all, this is by no means a hardcore comp, I'm just preparing to a championship with a few friends that we organized for the weekend, as most of us got pokemon x and y quite recently, we were all from the R/B/Y times and just got back to pokemon XD

This is the team I made, its a rain based team, with no legendaries and I hope you guys can give some advice, so that I can destroy my friends mercilesly hahahahaha

The Team:

Cradily
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Suction Cups
EVS: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Toxic
Recover
Stealth Rock
Rock Slide

Goodra
Item: Damp Rock
Ability: Hydration
EVS: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Moves
Rest
Rain Dance
Aqua Tail
Power Whip

Gyarados
Item: Assault Armor
Ability: Intimidate
EVS: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Moves
Stone Edge
Waterfall
Earthquake
Ice Fang

Volcarona
Item: Chesto Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVS: 160 HP / 236 SpA / 112 Spe
Rest
Hurricane
Quiver Dance
Fire Blast

Kingdra
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swin
EVS: 242 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Moves
Dragon Dance
Rain Dance
Waterfall
Outrage

Mawile
Item: Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVS: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Swords Dance
Rough Play
Sucker Punch
Iron Head

Strategy:

Cradily - Lead

Essentialy, lay down rocks, spread some poisons and try to take some hits with recover. Nothing amazing, i just really like cradily =)

Goodra

Very nice support for my rain team, with hydration he is really tanky. I like how it helps me deal with the troublesome Rotom-w with its strong uninvested Power Whip

Gyarados

As a bulky water, it can do some solid damage with its 125 base attack while also sponging damage with the assault vest, denting targets for Kingdra and Mega Mawile to pick later. I think the double intimidate with Mawile can provide a lot of oportunities to switch in some of my less bulky attackers. It also helps me keep in check Blaziken, which i think is really powerfull with the speed boost ability.

Kingdra is my sweeper of choice, with both dances and two very diverse stabs with excelent coverage he's got the tools to set a sweep.

Mawile is very strong now with the fairy advent, helping me take care of dangerous targets like Gengar and Alakazan and even being able to set up with swords dance with some prediction. On the rain mawile is much more reliable as it can take some weaker non stab fire moves that normally would realy hurt it

Volcarona is my response to Ferrothorn, Forretress and the like. And it is not entirelly useless in the rain with 100% accuracy hurricane and access to quiver dance, it can pretty much carry it's own weight and even sweep on its own sometimes.

So, thats it. Let's see the feedback :)

Just a general comment, it would be better if you posted the Natures of Pokemon.

For Kingdra, is Dragon Dance just for backup? With non-never ending rain, it doesn't look like a good idea to set up in the rain. Maybe Specs would help more when you get down predictions

About the natures, i didn't put then down, because as we are going to play this weekend, I'm most sure i won't be able to breed the intended natures with the IV's i've been working on just in time. Sorry about that! :(
The dragon dance is mostly backup, maybe I should go for Specs and get an additional coverage move? Any suggestions? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)