Not open for further replies.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Pokemon Showdown Username: Watt Do You Want
Dark Horse Pokemon: Kyurem and Rotom-Mow
Full Team Importable: PasteBin link here

Proof of new alt

Last edited:
Alright, everyone that has signed up has been successfully added to the OP.

And as per Ernesto, the stats this project will be based off of are indeed the 1695 stats. Sorry for any confusion and or issues this causes.

EDIT: TeraVoltage yes the 0.5% does matter, and any decimal above exactly 35% will also matter. You'll have to adjust your team.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Can I join? I'm running hitmonlee and mismagius

I have 1500 Elo already only using this team purely. my total usage is ~25% im not gonna give mazz my free team.

View attachment 11499

What are leaderboard points?

Last edited:
EDIT: TeraVoltage yes the 0.5% does matter, and any decimal above exactly 35% will also matter. You'll have to adjust your team.[/quote]

Hey the usage stats from the op have been changed from the list that i used earlier today, which actually brings my teams score down radically... Do i just use those stats? (old ones had Darmanitan, victini, blastoise ect on top, and this one seems to be older since it has crawdaunt and Salamence up top.) Mazz

Hey the usage stats from the op have been changed from the list that i used earlier today, which actually brings my teams score down radically... Do i just use those stats? (old ones had Darmanitan, victini, blastoise ect on top, and this one seems to be older since it has crawdaunt and Salamence up top.)
Yes this project is using 1695 stats now, so if your team fits under these stats, then your team is legal.

Pokemon Showdown Username: LoudestOfCoffins
Dark Horse Pokemon: Exploud (1.5%) / Cofagrigus (3.2%) / Flygon (3.5%) / M-Banette (1.5%)
Screenshot of Ladder Ranking:

Full Team Importable:
Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spd
- Trick Room
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Pain Split

Exploud @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spd
- Boomburst
- Surf
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast

Arcanine @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SAtk
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Grass Knot
- Defog

Flygon @ Choice Band
Ability: Levitate
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SAtk
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 SAtk / 0 Spd
- Knock Off
- Disable
- Protect
- Destiny Bond

My team only adds up to 21.5% lol. Only chose Exploud & Cofagrigus at first, but I then built my team & saw I had 4 under the 4% threshold (& Empoleon is just over it at 4.3%) so I'm going with 4. I have no idea how this team will function, but it should be a good challenge!

Last edited:

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Can't people cheat easily though? You can say that you're using a certain Pokemon, but actually not...Idk...

Well, the fact that you have to post the name of the alt you are suing to ladder basically defeats any chances of that actually happening. I also think we can assume that people aren't stupid enough to actually try and cheat.

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Well, the fact that you have to post the name of the alt you are suing to ladder basically defeats any chances of that actually happening. I also think we can assume that people aren't stupid enough to actually try and cheat.
Idgi, can you look up battles fought by a certain person? I'm slightly worried because I accidentally used a different team on my Dark Horse alt >.<

Alright, simply because I don't get notifications when people edit their posts, I'm going to have to ask everyone to PM me their teams. Keeping track of this is rather time consuming, so hopefully this speeds things up. I'd prefer if you sent them to me in a pastebin link, as I'm simply hyperlinking that link to your name on the OP.

If your name is already hyperlinked on the OP (unless you've made changes to your team), this does not apply to you.

I think this would be more interesting if we had usage stats from right after UU went official. Right now Suicune is sitting at just barely above Keldeo in usage, who was banned for almost all of UU beta. 4 of the top 6 used mons are no longer in the tier.

Can I join? I'm running hitmonlee and mismagius

my total usage is ~25% im not gonna give mazz my free team.
While I'll commend you on having a very successful team with such a low usage percentage, you will need to use a fresh alt and provide me with your team if you plan on taking part in this project. You've been added to the OP as a participant, but won't be able to collect the prize if you don't provide those two aforementioned requirements.

Metal Sonic said:
What are leaderboard points?
Excellent question. Win five and you get a CC badge nomination. More regarding Leaderboard Points can be found here.

On a side note, the OP has been fully updated to reflect teams sent to me by VM rather than PM contrary to how I had asked. I'm also going to point out that there's only 15 days worth of laddering for the Dark Horse left, as it will promptly end at 11:59pm MST April 30th.

Also eaglehawk, Mozz, Wyvern, and mallpal, I still need your team importables in order to add you four to the OP. Please send them to me by the end of next week or you will be eliminated from contention, and will have to rejoin next month.

I think this would be more interesting if we had usage stats from right after UU went official. Right now Suicune is sitting at just barely above Keldeo in usage, who was banned for almost all of UU beta. 4 of the top 6 used mons are no longer in the tier.
I also wanted to address this, as it raises some good points. These are our official stats now if I'm not mistaken, as RU is based off of these (read, don't quote me on that). They're a bit of a mess now, but soon enough they'll be more than fitting for this project. Thanks for bringing that up though.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The leaderboard prize is based on the Elo or Glicko of the participant?

It is based on raw score rather than relative position in the tournament? As far as I can see, none on the ladder has achieved 1900 Elo at all, and considering the constant ladder resets it sounds silly to have such a high requirement, could it be changed to a relative position to those on?the ladder/participants of the project instead?

Also lol @ giving free 1900/1700 Elo teams to the public

Last thing are you sure koko actually gives out cc badges lol

The leaderboard prize is based on the Elo or Glicko of the participant?
For this project, Elo. For Research Week ranks, I use Glicko.

Metal Sonic said:
It is based on raw score rather than relative position in the tournament? As far as I can see, none on the ladder has achieved 1900 Elo at all, and considering the constant ladder resets it sounds silly to have such a high requirement, could it be changed to a relative position to those on?the ladder/participants of the project instead?
Uhh, not quite sure what you mean in the first bit. This isn't a tournament, and there's no "relative position". It's first to 'x' Elo with their dark horses wins. I have been thinking about reconsidering the Second and First place requirements, probably to something along the lines of 1600 and 1750 respectively. I dunno, first place is supposed to be hard to get and the ladder was a tad different when this was set up.

Quite honestly, the ladder should only be resetting once a month, and I'll look into the matter if it isn't.

Metal Sonic said:
Also lol @ giving free 1900/1700 Elo teams to the public

Last thing are you sure koko actually gives out cc badges lol
You've obviously never frequented the RMT subforums and their archives often. While they're not common, you can find examples of top Elo teams there. Other subforums have run the DHP fine. If your insecurity about revealing such a team, which isn't guaranteed to pull a 1700 Elo for a different player and will be known as your team regardless, then don't join.

And yes he does, I think he's up to five over the past two generations, myself included. They aren't direct badge handouts either; if you're lacking anything resembling the ideal bare minimal requirement for a Community Contributor badge you're obviously not going to get it. It's just the nomination that you're playing for.

Name: Supatease

Pokemon: Snorlax and Gardevoir
Team:

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 144 HP / 184 Def / 164 SDef / 16 Spd
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Crunch
- Rest

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 216 HP / 252 SAtk / 40 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Crobat @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Trick

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 232 HP / 236 Def / 32 SDef / 8 Spd
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Slack Off

Pastebin of team being less than 35%: http://pastebin.com/5nJMaPzi

got the C Rank, will continue updating if i beat that.

Last edited:
I just started playing UU and I join a Dark Horse project, I must be crazy o.o

Alt: Adrian Dark Horse

Dark Horses: Amoonguss, Quagsire, Reuniclus

Team:

Amoonguss @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Crunch
- Morning Sun

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SDef
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Defog

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Proof of clean alt:

Overall usage:

Just reached the C mark:

Last edited:
Alt Name: UUSand
Dark Horse Pokemon: Toxicroak, Rhyperior, Shaymin, & Stoutland
Total Usage Percentage: 32.18207%
Hippowdon (M) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Def / 28 Spd
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Rhyperior (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Toxicroak (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Spd / 248 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Blastoise (M) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 20 Spd / 252 SAtk / 236 HP
Modest Nature
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Stoutland (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Fire Fang

EDIT: I guess Toxicroak is a Dark Horse too

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)