PS! Model Mod & Fixing Thread

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
In the end? Everything. But for now I'm sticking to everything that have front/back fixed. That's more than enough to keep me busy for a bit.
(Is there an animation in between these, or is it just a flip like before?)

Quite Quiet

is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
The other half of the Crobat equation and a bonus Staraptor.

(I started working on Volcarona, but it's going to take a while to get that one done.)

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Here's Volcarona.

Edit: Can someone fix the Ampharos-Mega form so I can get that done if it isn't? I can't tell when half the megas aren't listed in the spreadsheet.

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have ensured all megas and their base mons up to Ampharos have been fixed, images on the chart.

(also Manectric)

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Escavlier, posting them as they go so I keep track of what I've actually said is done so no one have to redo it.

Also, the Ampharos front have the same "1 frame shiny but not the rest" disease like a bunch of others. I was using the wrong sprite, ignore this.

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Ampharos both kinds. Unsurprisingly enough this was much kinder to me than the last few. (My own fault, I know)

(It was news to me that Serebii had the shiny mega fronts as well. A welcome surprise, but still.)

Edit: Posting them made me realize how horribly purple they were. It's a bit less now.

Edit2: Bisharp back still isn't listed as done in the spreadsheet

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So apparently they have been really busy with shinies on pkparaiso: http://www.pkparaiso.com/xy/sprites_pokemon_variocolores.php

I never noticed that they did all this :d

I am going to try and just motor through a ton of these. In the mean time assume all fronts are good, and backs are the name of the game.

EDIT: With like 200 done I'm updating now.

Also here is the deal: Some of our recolours and manual labour look better than the colour reduced shinies (mostly cause of the same problems) such as Genesect and Charizard, some don't. A lot look exactly the same. I take a look at the colour reduced shinies and make the judgement call myself. This is why I have the fixed and made colours separate, so we always remember.

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
I started working on the Terrakion sprite, both as a fix and to make it shiny. But I'd be grateful if you could check how well the compression does the shiny version. If it's better it's easier to make the normal from the shiny. Back sprite have no such options, but I rather not spend 3-4 hours patching up something pointlessly.

Malamar back sprite, according to the post above.

(If you hadn't noticed yet, I'm working my way through the ones that require manual work so if there's any other than the ones marked can you tell me?)

Edit: Abomasnow and Mega. I fixed the tip of the crystal, which apparently was an error with the original sprite as well. Also removed a bunch of static.

Last edited:

Anyone else see the frame skip near the end of the neck going down? Don't think anyone else would see Lapras enough to notice it.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
yo

pkparaiso using a cool little technique has pulled off all the shiny back rips, now this is not to say the work we did has gone to waste (if anything I have prefered some of our rips to the shiny versions)

but wait until I get them all up, then we will continue manual labour from there.

EDIT: Ritchie you got any of the backs past Raikou? Not sure if you saw my last message.

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
yo

pkparaiso using a cool little technique has pulled off all the shiny back rips, now this is not to say the work we did has gone to waste (if anything I have prefered some of our rips to the shiny versions)

but wait until I get them all up, then we will continue manual labour from there.
I assume yes, but for the few non-shiny pokémon with graphical oddities they'd still be fair game to try and fix manually right?

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
that was just because they weren't all updated yet.

OK so on the chart I have restarted the entire shiny section, and from here we'll re-fix them as necessary. The old ones are all on the old tab, just so we can get them back (I also have all my old ones on file). If we decide a made one is better (as I did already with char-x back and lanturns) then we will add them back in as necessary.

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Here's a bunch of fixed stuff.
Head

>

Nose
>

Disc on the leg
>

Top looks as good as it will be

That feet thing
>

Frame
>

Edit: I just saw the Golurk sprite, is it supposed to stutter like this? (It's both the normal and shiny, so I assume is)

Edit2: Azelf got its outline on the tail back.

Last edited:

(from digletts view) its right side is bulging and its giving me nightmares
if its actually supposed to be like this then just what the fuck gf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)