Tournament Tags

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
This is honestly just for convenience purposes, but it would be helpful to have "Sign Ups", "Active" and "Finished" tags in the Tournaments forum just so at a glance you can find tournaments to sign up for... or something. I don't know, just in different situations I've wanted this to be a thing. What do you guys think?

Edit: Yay I got likes!

Last edited:

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
dont have an opinion tbh but why do we need a "finished" tag. if it's locked it's obviously finished.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
dont have an opinion tbh but why do we need a "finished" tag. if it's locked it's obviously finished.
Because there's locked round threads too? And finished tours have their threads remain openfor a few days before locking.

Tags are cool to make things look more obvious. But will all threads have the tags or only the current thread? Like the Active tag gets removed when locking the previous round so a tour has only one tag at any point in time.

Also tagging tds Oglemi Bloo and whoever they want to tag haha... xd

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
why would you put "finished" on a locked round thread. idgi. if they're finished why does it need a tag. go to the "active" thread. like literally every tournament thread ive seen has links to old rounds anyway. "won by x" is a pretty good sign for finished but ok.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
every single signups thread has [SIGNUPS] or (Sign-Ups) or similar in the title. i cant see a use for (Active) tags because the only people that would care about a tournament being active or not is the people in the tournament, and they sure know. a locked thread, or a WON BY MCMEGHAN in the title (which is only temporary to allow the congratulations to happen) signifies a Finished tournament.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
why would you put "finished" on a locked round thread. idgi. if they're finished why does it need a tag. go to the "active" thread. like literally every tournament thread ive seen has links to old rounds anyway. "won by x" is a pretty good sign for finished but ok.
I don't think that's what the OP meant? I was thinking of Finished tags only applicable for the final round of the tour where there is Won by McM to make it even more noticeable.

Yea sign up tag at the least is good because of increased visibility. It's faster to just look out for the tag than to glance around and see what's in the Sign Ups stage. It's not very significant but more visibility is always good. Regarding Active tag, I sometimes like to just read random tour threads but takes several glances to find the latest round of the tournament; like sometimes I find an older round first instead of the current round.

Pretty much just for convenience and visibility I guess :0

Stratos

Banned deucer.
every single signups thread has [SIGNUPS] or (Sign-Ups) or similar in the title. i cant see a use for (Active) tags because the only people that would care about a tournament being active or not is the people in the tournament, and they sure know. a locked thread, or a WON BY MCMEGHAN in the title (which is only temporary to allow the congratulations to happen) signifies a Finished tournament.
that being said, adding a sign-ups tag would take a minute or two out of mcmeghan's daily routine because now he can just filter by tag so he can see what tours he still needs to sign up for without scanning through currently active tours.

edit: so, i agree with ogles

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)