EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Submission
- Shadow Claw / X-Scissor
is viable due to Wonder Guard's buff.

Yes.
You can use Life Orb Shedinja and not get laughed at.
You're welcome.
Also
That seems like a nice meta. I decided to start implementing it. The code is open source at https://github.com/xfix/Pokemon-Showdown/tree/brokemons, in case you are interested, but I probably will run a server for just this meta, so you could play it after the code will be reasonably playable. I'm probably a random person, but I believe I could write everything within a week.

View attachment 11827
Progress? Also can you code in Brokemons BH? Adrian Marin, take note. Brokemons BH could become a thing (I hope).

Progress? Also can you code in Brokemons BH? Adrian Marin, take note. Brokemons BH could become a thing (I hope).
I don't know what you mean by "code in Brokemons BH". I'm coding in my fork of Pokémon Showdown. The installation of this mod will be as simple as modifying config/formats.js, and uploading brokemons into mods. I'm even planning to start a server, when this will be completed.

Some of the more complex mechanics are already implemented (I still hate you, Aqua Ring), now I'm dealing with simple things that take at best 2 minutes to implement each. Anyway, I have a few questions, which aren't explained too well on "Brokemons Mechanic/Move/Ability/Item/Type Chart Changes" page.
  • Can Acid lower Special Defense?
  • Does Assurance deal more damage if the opponent was hit already (confusion, for example)?
  • Is Blast Burn two turn move?
  • Is Blizzard Swift-accurate in hail?
  • Can Bone Club flinch?
  • Does Bug Bite eat berries?
  • Does Charge increase Special Defense or power up next Electric-type move?
  • And other moves like this with unmentioned side effects, too lazy to write everything now.
  • Also... how multi-type moves work? Oh, I see, just like Flying Press.
Also, I have a question about abilities.
  • Air Lock, Cloud Nine - should it stop the weather from happening, or behave like other weather abilities (activating only when entering)?
  • Cheek Pouch - once per switch, or once per battle?
  • Forecast - should the weather be summoned for 5 turns, 8 turns, or infinite turns?
Also, what is the Fling effect of every single new item? I don't think anyone will use Fling, but it still should work.

I might ask more in the future, currently those are issues I met with.

Also, the new items and abilities work, except you will need to manually import the Pokémon with the given ability, as Showdown doesn't recognize it. The list of abilities is client-side, and I don't think that modifying the client is a good idea. For the same reason, Blast Burn shows message "needs recharging", as the client is hardcoded to do so. The entire progress is available on GitHub, if you are interested.

Last edited:

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
I don't know what you mean by "code in Brokemons BH". I'm coding in my fork of Pokémon Showdown. The installation of this mod will be as simple as modifying config/formats.js, and uploading brokemons into mods. I'm even planning to start a server, when this will be completed.

Some of the more complex mechanics are already implemented (I still hate you, Aqua Ring), now I'm dealing with simple things that take at best 2 minutes to implement each. Anyway, I have a few questions, which aren't explained too well on "Brokemons Mechanic/Move/Ability/Item/Type Chart Changes" page.
  • Can Acid lower Special Defense?
  • Does Assurance deal more damage if the opponent was hit already (confusion, for example)?
  • Is Blast Burn two turn move?
  • Is Blizzard Swift-accurate in hail?
  • Can Bone Club flinch?
  • Does Bug Bite eat berries?
  • Does Charge increase Special Defense or power up next Electric-type move?
  • And other moves like this with unmentioned side effects, too lazy to write everything now.
  • Air Lock, Cloud Nine - should it stop the weather from happening, or behave like other weather abilities (activating only when entering)?
  • Cheek Pouch - once per switch, or once per battle?
  • Forecast - should the weather be summoned for 5 turns, 8 turns, or infinite turns?
Also, what is the Fling effect of every single new item? I don't think anyone will use Fling, but it still should work.

Also, the new items and abilities work, except you will need to manually import the Pokémon with the given ability, as Showdown doesn't recognize it. The list of abilities is client-side, and I don't think that modifying the client is a good idea. For the same reason, Blast Burn shows message "needs recharging", as the client is hardcoded to do so. The entire progress is available on GitHub, if you are interested.
by "code in brokemons bh" he means add that tier, which basically means take the mod you made and have a Bh sub tier for it. Hope that clears that up.

Anyways I'd be glad to help you out if I wasn't so packed for time, I even know how to manage and launch a custom client on the average showdown server so if you do want a custom client, just hit me up with a visitor message on my profile and tag me/quote me in a post here in this thread.

• Can Acid lower Special Defense? - Yes
  • Does Assurance deal more damage if the opponent was hit already (confusion, for example)? - No
  • Is Blast Burn two turn move? - No
  • Is Blizzard Swift-accurate in hail? - Yes
  • Can Bone Club flinch? - Yes
  • Does Bug Bite eat berries? - No
  • Does Charge increase Special Defense or power up next Electric-type move? - Neither
  • And other moves like this with unmentioned side effects, too lazy to write everything now. - dude, i'll answer them individually. just PM me the list
  • Air Lock, Cloud Nine - should it stop the weather from happening, or behave like other weather abilities (activating only when entering)? - once a 'mon with those abilities switches in, weather disappears until it is set up again
  • Cheek Pouch - once per switch, or once per battle? - once per battle; Cheek Pouch is like having a free Sitrus Berry (that was my reasoning)
  • Forecast - should the weather be summoned for 5 turns, 8 turns, or infinite turns? - 8 turns (acts like Drizzle/Drought/Sand Stream/Snow Warning with the Damp/Heat/Smooth/Icy Rock)
Copper Wire: 60 BP, 50% paralysis chance
Fairy Dust: 30 BP, 100% infatuation chance
Cherry Blossom: 30 BP, 40% sleep chance
Graverald: 80 BP, 100% chance of Smack Down effect
Wonderful Stone: 80 BP, 40% chance to lower target's accuracy
Strange Relic: 80 BP, 100% chance of Telekinesis effect
Sacred Gem: cannot be Flung

I answered the questions in the quote.

Some people are most likely wondering about the state of implementation. Well, enough said, a week was definitely too optimistic, because of school and technical issues. For example, while lots is already implemented (or at least I've idea how to), there are some things that just want to annoy me. For example, Chatter causes both self and self opponent to be confused. That would be easy, if not a silly Pokémon Showdown limitation of one status for one move. So, I can set Chatter to confuse self, or the opponent, but not both. I've tried dealing with it, but I cannot find a solution.

Some people are most likely wondering about the state of implementation. Well, enough said, a week was definitely too optimistic, because of school and technical issues. For example, while lots is already implemented (or at least I've idea how to), there are some things that just want to annoy me. For example, Chatter causes both self and self opponent to be confused. That would be easy, if not a silly Pokémon Showdown limitation of one status for one move. So, I can set Chatter to confuse self, or the opponent, but not both. I've tried dealing with it, but I cannot find a solution.
Maybe I should make Chatter kinda like a weaker Outrage, but with a 50% chance to confuse after each hit. Would that fix it?

Am I the only one who thinks hyper beam and giga impact should be buffed like the elemental hyper beams?(blast burn, hydro cannon, frenzy plant)

Am I the only one who thinks hyper beam and giga impact should be buffed like the elemental hyper beams?(blast burn, hydro cannon, frenzy plant)
That would make sense. Any objections? The only problem I have is that they are so widely distributed unlike the elemental beams and Rock Wrecker, which are pretty much signature moves. Normal also got buffed offensively in this metagame. It might be too much.
If they were to get buffed though, maybe they could get their Gen I effect and have no side-effect if Hyper Beam/Giga Impact gets the kill? I don't see much else working as a buff.

canno

formerly The Reptile
That would make sense. Any objections? The only problem I have is that they are so widely distributed unlike the elemental beams and Rock Wrecker, which are pretty much signature moves. Normal also got buffed offensively in this metagame. It might be too much.
If they were to get buffed though, maybe they could get their Gen I effect and have no side-effect if Hyper Beam/Giga Impact gets the kill? I don't see much else working as a buff.
I've got an idea

Hyper Beam
100 BP | -- Acc | 5 PP | Normal-type | Special | This attack will always score a crit. The user cannot attack next turn.

Giga Impact
100 BP | -- Acc | 5 PP | Normal-type | Physical | This attack will always score a crit. The user cannot attack next turn.

100 BP + Auto Crit gives it essentially 150 BP. The effect also lets the user switch out after attack rather than being forced to stay in. Thoughts?

I've got an idea

Hyper Beam
100 BP | -- Acc | 5 PP | Normal-type | Special | This attack will always score a crit. The user cannot attack next turn.

Giga Impact
100 BP | -- Acc | 5 PP | Normal-type | Physical | This attack will always score a crit. The user cannot attack next turn.

100 BP + Auto Crit gives it essentially 150 BP. The effect also lets the user switch out after attack rather than being forced to stay in. Thoughts?
That would be good. What do you think simsims2800?

Maybe I should make Chatter kinda like a weaker Outrage, but with a 50% chance to confuse after each hit. Would that fix it?
If PS has a limitation of one status condition per move, then how does Tri Attack work? Or, as a better example, Fire Fang (and the other elemental fangs) which have two independent effects, a 10% chance to inflict a status condition and a 10% chance to flinch? Incidentally, they can both happen on the same turn; I've been Frozen by Ice Fang, thawed, and flinched all on the same turn.

I've got an idea

Hyper Beam

Giga Impact

When Ranger Mike said, "buff", I think he was referring to how the three of them, Rock Wrecker, and moves with a charge turn got rid of their charge/recharge turn entirely in favor of a different effect.

Ok, I finally dealt with the Chatter. You can see the solution at http://git.io/h3Wfww, if you want to. Instead of using built-in status damagers, I wrote my own hit callback, which manually adds confusion status.

If you want to help, feel free to implement easy moves from the list at http://pastebin.com/yGbN0NxB, and modify https://github.com/xfix/Pokemon-Showdown/blob/brokemons/mods/brokemons/moves.js. You will need to register, and send a pull request (don't worry, I can merge them in one click, so merging doesn't add to work), however. I implemented moves up to Cross Chop, so you will be easily able to write another move. I'm probably not going to implement moves, until everything else will be implemented, because they already get quite annoying to work with (there are just lots of these), but you are free to, because it's quite easy (I think so, at least).

The short guide is like this, register on GitHub, view the file I linked to, press "Edit", implement a move and write some simple description. After that press "Pull Request" button, and just press "OK" (I don't need descriptions for pull requests). For example, Cross Poison will require you to make secondary chance entry with 'tox' status (like in Blast Burn) and setting multihit to 2 (like in Aqua Tail).

With few exceptions, modifying move list doesn't require much programming, but I cannot automate this (unlike mon changes), so it's just simply annoying. Also, see https://github.com/xfix/Pokemon-Showdown/blob/brokemons/data/moves.js for original moves, so you will know what to overwrite from the original moves. Don't modify descriptions, the client doesn't see change in these anyway.

Last edited:
How about Sandslash being Ground/Fairy?
There is a type of armadillo called the 'Pink Fairy Armadillo' and could make Sandslash like a counterpart to Marowak (which is now Ground/Ghost).

Ground/Fairy also has great coverage, as the Ground type beats both of Fairy's Weaknesses!
see
There is no flavour whatsoever in sandslash being a ground/fairy
I agree with Ranger Mike. Sandslash has NO flavor in a Fairy typing.

I've tried into some Ground-type mons, but there is nothing Fairy-like. The closest thing is Flygon, I guess, but it's a dragon, and let's be honest - Ground type doesn't make much sense here (in fact, it was already replaced with Bug). Besides, if you really want Ground/Fairy, use Slurpuff. Not sure how much it makes sense flavor-wise, but it's already there.

Also, I noticed that there was a discussion about buffing Hyper Beam. Instead of making it always critical, what about going back to Gen1 mechanics, where Hyper Beam is one of the best moves - that is, you won't need to recharge if you defeat the opponent, miss the attack or break the Substitute. It doesn't make much sense, but it's how it worked in Gen1 (not that not having to recharge if you miss in newest games makes sense either). It means that you cannot spam it (without recharging), but you can use it to finish the opponent.

Giga Impact could be buffed the similar way, even through it's Gen4 move. The difference between Hyper Beam and Giga Impact is damage type anyway.

This is just a suggestion however, feel free to ignore it.

EDIT: Hm, I should actually watch the thread, as someone mentioned Gen1 effect. My suggestion still applies however.

All right. I was the one that made that made Sandslash Ground/Fairy after seeing it in a ROM hack or something, but no one seems to like that. :/

I got a great patch from simsims2800, which implements Cross Poison, Crush Claw, and Dazzling Gleam. I got "NO POKEMAN. You are going to lose privileges again. Get off of it NOW" message for some reason after merging the pull request (automatic GitHub confirmation), but I assume it's just overzealous auto-responder. It actually made me laugh for a while, so it's not that bad. Thanks for helping, your contribution is really helpful.

Anyway, the development is halted for a while (my last commit was six days ago). I believe I should explain why. Currently, I have lots of work in school, as well as I deal with a security issue in a way more important project (with 10k users or so). I probably will continue writing in Saturday, when the issues will be hopefully dealt with. This is real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)