Togekiss [QC 0/3]

I agree that the offensive set should look like the above. One change I would personally make in the slashing is Aura Sphere/Flamethrower/Heal Bell in the last slot, or perhaps Heal Bell in moves. Togekiss's strengths lie in its typing and diverse coverage options coupled with decent speed, allowing it to beat threatening Pokemon like Bisharp, as mentioned. While Heal Bell is good against stall, it sacrifices invaluable coverage against offensive teams. Relying solely on flinch hax to get past Heatran seems silly too. Alternatively, Flamethrower hits a very prominent threat in Aegislash, but you're not setting up on it anyway. Dazzling Gleam deserves a moves mention at most; as mentioned, it detracts from Togekiss's useful stallbreaking niche and also provides somewhat redundant coverage with Air Slash.

Last edited:

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Sdef heatran 4hkos toges with air slash so you can set up on it to +6, and then heall bell of your status. after that it helps to flinch but you can still break heatran down with some HP to spare with just air slash.

Youre not really relying on flinches, just that theyre so likely to happen that hte odds of beating Heatran and staying healthy are relatively high

If anyone cares, here's the set I'm using.

Nickname: Toge-Kick-Butt (because it totally kicks butt)
move 1: Thunder Wave
move 2: Air Slash
move 3: Roost / Wish (Wish for slower recovery, but the ability to support the team as well)
move 4: Heal Bell
ability: Serene Grace
item: Leftovers
evs: 4 SpDef / 252 HP / 252 Def
nature: +SpDef, -Atk

Basically the idea is to send Toge in to soak up an attack, (preferably resisted of course, because of split defenses, special fighting attacks are really fun,) Thunder Wave the foe, heal up, use Heal Bell if the team needs it, then proceed to gracefully paraflinch the opponent to death. Lefties help keep your health up, and the EV's/Nature are there to maximize ability to take any kind of hit. Not a whole lot to it, but it works incredibly well. Possibly my favorite pokemon to use right now in OU, because it doesn't let them attack, set up, recover, status, or really do anything once it gets going.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)