Media Metalheads Thread III

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
It's been a long time since I played my guitar and I'm getting some cramps trying to learn the opening riff to this song (starting at 0:52 after the intro).

That little chord movement at 0:57 is just killlleerrr on the hands.

just saw them posted about on last.fm.

guess i'll check them out.

EDIT: oh hey i snatched them last year, need to dig that out.

So this band's playing in my town in a couple weeks and after checking out some of their stuff, I'm looking forward to it like a kid before Christmas.

My boi TEA_DEMON (why u no come around here anymore?) linked me those guys last year, really dig em.

http://blackmonolith.bandcamp.com/

Really good black metal album from a former touring-only member of Deafheaven. The longer songs perhaps recall a bit of Deafheaven's sound, but much rawer and grittier, while the shorter songs sound nothing like Deafheaven and have a noticable hardcore punk influence.

This came out last year but totally slipped by me.

Industrial metal doesn't get a lot of love in my music listening, but I really have been digging this. A supergroup of sorts featuring members of Neurosis, Eyehategod, Yakuza, and Minsk, they deliver a version of industrial metal that is strongly influenced by the atmospheric sludge metal background of a couple of their members.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)