Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Melee's Adventure Mode was way better than shitty Subspace Emissary. It's the feel of all the character/game tie-ins that made Adventure Mode great and while SSE did well enough with the boss fights, the bland platforming and faceless purple blob enemies that made up the bulk of the game mode was a step down.

If they can just combine the best shit from both games, and have a soundtrack that is as amazing or more so than Brawl's was, I'll be happy. Of course, I'll have to wonder if I'll even be able to afford to pick up a Wii U in due time...

I hope there is still a one-player mode outside of classic. Adventure mode in Melee was a lot of fun so I hope that makes a return since a SSE type mode is definitely not coming back. What are the chances we ever get board the platforms back? I'm assuming stuff like wire frame mode, target test, home run test, and event matches will come back.

The roster and stages so far look really good, but there are so many reveals. Do you think any of these characters are going to have to be unlocked? Seems a bit much to have so many Pokemon reps available from the start. I'd assume Greninja and/or Lucario would be locked (along with Jigglypuff if she's in). Unlocking characters was one of my favourite parts of the Smash series and Brawl kinda made it lame and I can see why people would rather just have the whole roster available right away though... maybe they could come it a happy medium where you can just pick whether you want to all fighters available from the start or not when you first play.

EV

Banned deucer.
I know it would be odd for people from the Pokemon franchise to actually fight Pokemon, but seriously, put Giovanni or AZ or Ghetsis in the game. They are ready to fight.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
Now that I think about it, the Shadow Triad would have been freakin' awesome instead of Greninja.

Can't say I've been keeping up with these things, but the challenger approaching stuff on the front page is now missing which might indicate some new veteran tomorrow. The time frame is just about right for NES Remix, Mario Golf, or Kirby Triple Deluxe, so I'd take a guess of Ice Climbers, Wario, or Meta Knight if anything's getting shown off soon. Again, haven't been monitoring when these things go down, so if they've done this before and I've missed it, I guess point it out and let me soak in disappointment.

Hello everyjuan. I wanna talk about the possibility of another metroid character here pls
It's a shame that it was hinted in one of the directs that Ridley will likely be a stage hazard, or a boss character of sorts. He would definitely make an interesting character. After all, even bowser had to be scaled down a bit; have you seen him in the recent 3D instalments? He's almost 3 times mario's size iirc.
Dark Samus would have been the next candidate as a new metroid character, buuuut she's an assist trophy. .___.
um... anyone thinking about that bipedal mother brain form from super metroid? No? ;~;
The hunters from MPH? Plenty of them have nice designs, Trace and Sylux looked really cool IMO. However their roles were so minuscule in the metroid timeline they aren't worth it ;-; Yet, does anyone remember that special ending at corruption, where a spaceship similar to the Delano-7 follows behind samus's ship? Hmmm...
Adam Malkovich? Nope. I can't seem him as a character at all. Computer Adam from Fusion was awesome, Manga Adam was a badass, and other M Adam... meh. He'll appear as a trophy at the very best.
That niqqa from Other M can eat a butt
Well, I guess I've ruled out most of the character possibilities from metroid.
Ehh nvm new ZSS looks sexy

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Do you think we'll get the full roster by E3 for the tourney?

I found a neat tool that lets you make your own roster so I'm gonna post my cause reasons

They've done demos before launch before. In all of them, they've cut the selectable roster to a handful of revealed fighters. I'm almost completely certain they won't unveil the full roster for the E3 tourney.

I tried making one of those lists then realized I don't know what I want and scrolling through 2000 options to find who i want.
I kinda want another sonic character and a few DK characters. Eggman or something and cranky sounds cool

So, are any of you familiar with the Gematsu leak?
For those unfamiliar

Yes, and while the Wii Fit Trainer guess is extremely convincing, I'm still skeptical. Among the humongous volume of bullshit that pops up with the speculation of a smash game, there's usually one or two actual legit leakers and this is probably the closest we have to someone right at the moment. There's also with such a huge volume of people speculating that someone could have just gotten a lucky guess. I'm still not fully convince since outside of the Wii-Fit Trainer, the other predictions are fairly safe. When I see the chorus boy, I'll be 100% convinced.

For those unfamiliar

Yes, and while the Wii Fit Trainer guess is extremely convincing, I'm still skeptical. Among the humongous volume of bullshit that pops up with the speculation of a smash game, there's usually one or two actual legit leakers and this is probably the closest we have to someone right at the moment. There's also with such a huge volume of people speculating that someone could have just gotten a lucky guess. I'm still not fully convince since outside of the Wii-Fit Trainer, the other predictions are fairly safe. When I see the chorus boy, I'll be 100% convinced.
Ah, such a delight to hear skepticism about the leak. There are a good number of people who actually fully believe the leak and treat it like some absolute truth, sometimes against their will. I personally don't believe that leak due to a suspicion I have that Miis will not be playable, like so many believe. Without them, the leak loses its credibility.

But, if Chorus Men are revealed to be playable characters, then the leak is almost certainly real.

*is just waiting to play as Greninja*

hopefully he doesn't end up annoyingly spammy, as a lot of those lighter, nimble characters tend to :[

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If there's anyone I want to have playable in this next Smash Bros. thet hasn't been revealed yet, it's Shulk. Here's hoping the Gematsu leak is real.

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The one thing that really throws me off the gematsu leaks is how he says "Pokemon from Pokemon X and Y"
Really it would not have been hard for him to just say "Greninja" or, at the very least, "one of the XY starters." I know his other predicts are pretty safe (bar WFT) but that one is so broad it makes me doubt a little. Though, if there is one leak to turn out true, its that one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)