19:21:07 UncleSam: is next up
19:21:08 UncleSam: i think
19:21:11 daletterel: mekkah was killed
19:21:16 starwarsfan: damnit
19:21:19 daletterel: mekkah was the pretty chill games mayor
19:21:24 daletterel: aka starwarsfan
19:21:29 Paperblade: well we lost
19:21:30 starwarsfan: im shocked
19:21:41 daletterel: the remaining players are: paperblade, shade, unclesam, imperfectluck
19:21:46 Paperblade: okay guys I'm now accepting bribes
19:21:56 daletterel: the remaining aliases are: jackal, shiv, amelia, exarius
19:22:02 starwarsfan: hey wait
19:22:03 daletterel: someone had something to say last night
19:22:08 starwarsfan: idiotfrommars?
19:22:10 daletterel: "unclesam is a scrotum"
19:22:11 imperfectluck: and alphabravo and mre and laundry and idiotfrommars
19:22:12 daletterel: oh
19:22:14 daletterel: idiotfrommars
19:22:16 starwarsfan: gj
19:22:18 daletterel: and alphabravo
19:22:24 daletterel: and laundry
19:22:32 daletterel: and mre
19:22:34 daletterel: are all still alive
19:22:54 starwarsfan: was there
19:23:00 Paperblade: dododo
19:23:02 starwarsfan: a chill games eliminated message?
19:23:07 daletterel: nope
19:23:10 starwarsfan: wat
19:23:12 daletterel: no chill games eliminated message
19:23:12 Paperblade: I told you assholes I was chill
19:23:13 Paperblade: all game
19:23:17 starwarsfan: huh
19:23:20 daletterel: It is now day[9]
19:23:23 starwarsfan: not gonna say anything
19:23:26 daletterel: you may talk and vote or whatever
19:23:27 starwarsfan: till postgame
19:23:29 UncleSam: daletterel
19:23:31 UncleSam: do we vote here
19:23:34 Paperblade: I am tempted
19:23:34 daletterel: yeah
19:23:36 daletterel: vote here
19:23:38 UncleSam: !vote exarius
19:23:41 Paperblade: to give mafia the win because US screwed me over in a game once
19:23:45 shade: vote exarius
19:23:49 shade: Paperblade
19:23:51 shade: give me the win
19:23:52 imperfectluck: I vote for Jackal
19:23:55 imperfectluck: !
19:23:56 shade: its half 3
19:24:01 shade: and im staying up
19:24:03 shade: to do this shit
19:25:22 Paperblade: Old having priority over me in a 1v1
19:25:23 Paperblade: is really lame
19:25:40 shade: ere right
19:25:42 shade: pls vote
19:25:44 shade: either way
19:26:11 Paperblade: vote exarius I guess
19:26:23 imperfectluck has left ()
19:26:31 UncleSam: gg wp
19:26:38 shade: IM A WINENR
19:26:50 shade: pls mention my mighty performance
19:26:52 shade: in the postgame
19:26:53 Yeti is now known as this_was_not_a_gg
19:26:55 starwarsfan: lol
19:26:58 shade: yeti
19:27:00 shade: do you agree i did well
19:27:01 Cypher has joined (TheWorst@Just.Simply.Terrible)
19:27:04 starwarsfan is now known as not_gg
19:27:05 this_was_not_a_gg is now known as this_game_sucked_Dick
19:27:23 shade has left ()
19:27:24 daletterel: lol
19:27:28 daletterel: shade mvp
19:27:29 this_game_sucked_Dick is now known as Yeti
19:27:31 not_gg is now known as starwarsfan
19:27:33 Yeti has left ()
19:27:39 Cypher is now known as imperfectluck
19:27:43 Paperblade has left ()
19:28:03 imperfectluck is now known as Cypher
19:36:09 UncleSam has left IRC (Quit: Leaving)
19:41:22 Cypher has left ()

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I have a hard time saying gg considering our team was wiped out by a lucky random lynch D1 and then a newbie's three-times-over mistake we had no control over no matter how hard we tried to ensure he didn't do anything dumb and he wasn't leaking info and he wasn't getting picked on by the village bullies.

Like sorry but that kind of sloppiness/luck is not a good game. Call me salty all you want but I've had way more 'fun' in bigs I idled all through or was never trusted as a villager. Now I know how jumpluff feels yelling at the retard idle villagers wishing she could do everything for them because when they do something on their own they screw it up.

squire's a newbie so I don't want to be TOO hard on him but gd he totally ruined this game for me. Just... the sloppiest stupidest mistake nobody should EVER make.

I mean 'congrats' but it's an empty congratulations =\

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
So how did you guys throw this? Who neglected to talk to ipl, or didn't do it good enough?

Not that we, or either village, would have particularly deserved a win. The mafia played almost perfectly. Not mafias got screwed, but as a whole they had god like ability to pick and kill aliases, multiple lynch stoppers, and faced a village that was far more susceptible to crossfire than they were. The fact that they still lost by 3 people is poor design. All them playing well accomplished was preventing the chill and old games from having ANY meaningful counterplay in the end game.

I'm curious what other village sheet you think ipl had snype, he didn't have mine. Walrein spreading around a sheet without aliases like herpes really doesn't explain how the mafia killed who they killed.

People are going to say that I made mistakes. I did not. I made errors. You can learn from mistakes. Looking at a village with 2 freezers, a rogue, and a miller, and thinking at least ONE of them was mafia can't be something that anybody can blame me for. I just ended my game where I warned people the village was unorthodox... and it looks fucking vanilla as shit in comparison.

celever and starwarsfan helped blow this game. The sheer single-mindedness of their determination to out me as mafia opposed to all signs to the contrary was ridiculous, and it led to things like celever actually taking a kill order from stevensnype. But the worst offender? I planted the seeds for moling Old Games on N0. Without my own faction to lead, I took that and got UncleSam's sheet. When I gave it to swf thinking he was the last person left, he immediately told UncleSam. You fucking moron. Don't play mafia ever again please.

SANDS-type-thoughts:
Our faction felt weak, both in player composition and in role distribution. We never really knew anything all game, and we never had anyone who could really lead our faction. Only having an alliance checker definitely crippled us. (For reference, the part of the SANDS sheet that wasn't directly copied from other villages read, in full,: cute, alphabravo-npc)

Our reverse martyr's secondary ability felt really out of place on a faction that was aligned with the village. I'm still not sure why we even had that.

Our hunt for secrets was largely crippled by the fact that we didn't actually know who they were until N5, and even then we thought there were 3 of them. We had thought that snype was secret for a long time (and tried to have him killed 3 times. FYI Cypher, by hooking us N3, you saved the village from a kill, so that was nice of you.). Again, this leads back to our horrible info all game. The secret secondary win condition seemed like a flourish on an otherwise simple win condition which didn't actually make it much harder.

As for actual SANDS play, we made approximately one major mistake every night. Our lack a person versed in leading informed factions deeply hurt us. Overall, we were hurt by pretty much everything that could have hurt us.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
If you had kingmakered properly, you'd have convinced ipl to not kill swf.

Remember back in the aftermath of killing Archen and Generalspoon, how I said that you and tas both talked it over with me? Well it's because you fucking did, and your complacency the next day helped swf oust me from the village, then later convinced him you were mafia when everyone thought I was old games. Which no doubt convinced you HE was mafia. If we had just stayed the course and maintained a little unity in the end we would have won easily, but inactivity and complacency wins out once again.

Last edited:
ipl got on irc and instantly killed swf even though I asked DLE to let me talk to people at night during the previous day phase, there wasn't much I could do about that

Gg. This is only my first mafia game, but the fact that no mafia were killed at night and a village won seems funny. I had fun with sands, although the odds seemed kinda stacked against us

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
VonFiedler said:
Walrein spreading around a sheet without aliases like herpes
A list of users with access to that sheet:
Me
VonFiedler
Celever
Paperblade
kingofkongs
starwarsfan

Note which team all these users are on.

Ipl had our sheet for a while, we kicked him quite quickly but the damage was still done (since we had the chills sheet that Von gave us for whatever reason?) so that was our fault, sorry edit: i'd like to add that this was after zorbees died so i'm pretty sure it wasn't responsible for anything before that

Chill had way more players than us what the fuck?

Man the night before I died I thought that we had basically no shot at winning but I guess I was wrong :)

Last edited:
Damn y'all are mean, so I don't wanna keep liking these posts that are insulting new players b/c they have to learn somehow and it was a 'biginner' game, but I gotta say a) I would probably not design and balance a beginner game this way and b) as a player, even though all the mistakes I make are from second-guessing myself so I shouldn't be talking, sometimes you really, really have to reevaluate your mindset c) tbh the biggest mistake anyone ever made was sticking RODAN on a neutral team, even if it was harmless, you guys should know by now not to give him anything that requires activity even if he asks for it d) this was an interesting game but difficult to follow because I've played with more of the aliases than the players probably

My commiserations to those who played well and still lost

P.S.

inactivity and complacency wins out once again.
Now I know how jumpluff feels yelling at the retard idle villagers wishing she could do everything for them
QFT fuck leading a village

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)