Mama Bear and God

At a glance:

Core Pokemon:

This team began with the desire of using these two Pokemon. The set I wanted to use for Kangaskhan was a specially defensive Parental Seismic Toss set. Yveltal was a little harder to choose a set for. Yveltal was amazing stat distribution, but the problem is that it's got small coverage. However, it does have Dark Aura boosting it's Dark Pulse, which hits like a truck. It's also got a choice between Oblivion Wing and Hurricane, forcing the usage of Kyogre. O-Wing healing 75% damage makes the Life Orb set very nice to look at, especially if I can't fit Kyogre.

Countering the counters:

The first Pokemon that came to mind when looking at counters are listed here. Aside from Arceus-Fighting, all of Kangaskhan's counters were physically offensive, and all of its counters were fighting types. Giratina was the perfect counter for anything that Yveltal didn't already counter.

Yveltal was a bit harder to choose counters for its counters. The three most immediate threats were Kyogre, Kyurem, and Xerneas. Kyogre can be crippled by Kangaskhan, if it's an offensive choice scarf set. Specially defensive Kyogre needs 3 Surfs to KO Kangaskhan, making it a hard counter to that set.

Kyurem White, however, was a scarier monster to fight. With Kyurem White, I can set up on it by sacrificing something to get a clean switch into Xerneas. Switching in Xerneas clean, I can set up a Geomancy which will cause me to only take 45% max from specs Kyurem White. Kyurem White went from threat to set-up fodder.

Xerneas is so powerful that, as far as I've heard, Geomancy Power Herb was being talked about being banned from Ubers. Yea, thats enough said. Scizor can switch in on a Geomancy, and hit a banded Bullet Punch on Xerneas. It's got a 6% chance to OHKO, but it will leave it low enough that, at minimum, Yveltal can revenge kill with Sucker Punch. If the Sucker Punch is predicted, the Xerneas can't do anything. If it switches, it loses its Geomancy boost. If it goes for Geomancy to avoid the punch, it dies to anything on the following turn.

Rounding out the edges

Here's the fun part. At this point, I noticed I had a bit of a weakness to Dialga. While most are defensive, a specially offensive one will wreck my face. Xerneas? Flash Cannon. Giratina? Draco Meteor. Kangaskhan can tank the hits that arent specs. Specs 2HKOs guaranteed, and Life Orb can 2HKO with decent damage rolls. Yveltal can be OHKO'd by Life Orb Draco as well. Scizor can take a hit, but what the hell can it do back? Scizor gets outspeed and Fire Blast from a Life Orb Dialga does 264%+ to a 252 HP Scizor. I have a 30% chance to avoid, and then a 43.8% to OHKO with Superpower. Anyone who doesn't wanna do the math, thats a 13% chance to counter with Scizor if Dialga is Life Orbed. With 2 minimum rolls, Dialga literally barely 2HKOs with Draco Meteor.

Now at this point, I was giving myself a headache looking for a Dialga counter. I was talking to MapCrimsonCobra from YouTube over Skype about this. I showed him my team, and he told me to use Blissey with Red Card to counter Xerneas. The conversation is located here. The Blissey set was created just for Xerneas. However, I now had a counter for Xerneas, and a counter for Dialga.

Looking at my team, I have a few weaknesses here. The first one that I tackled was steel types that counter Xerneas. I also have no physical attackers on this team. As a result, I decided Ho-Oh was a great option. Specific Pokemon I wanted to counter were Genesect and Scizor, which Ho-Oh can easily not only OHKO, but just destroys with Sacred Fire and Choice Band.

Changes round 1 (2014/4/18, 0916 EST):

Crimz came up with the idea of switching Blissey for Deoxys-D while I was writing up this post. I have since been testing Deoxys D, and it works exceptionally well. Deoxys D lives a +2 Moonblast and forces Xernies out with the red card. On top of that, it's got access to entry hazards in Spikes, which have seemed to be more useful than Rocks in my experience. With Recover and Seismic Toss to do be the back-up special wall, Deoxys-D has filled in very well.

Without realizing I had access to Defog on Giratina (I was going to use Defog on Ho-Oh, but it can't get both Defog and Regenerator), I decided Ho-Oh was the weakest link and was a last minute throw on anyway in all honesty. Ho-Oh was there to counter scarf'd Genesect, but even Expert Belt or Life Orb Genesect laughs as it outspeeds it anyway. My first though was Blaziken, but it's pretty slow. At +1, I've had my Blaziken outsped by Mewtwo on several occasions, and it needs to hit +2 to outspeed Scarf Genesect. Then I thought about Infernape, and my issue went from speed to power: Scarf'd Close Combat doesn't even OHKO Arceus with Adamant Nature. Both weren't viable for this team. Im not sure what spawned the idea of Mewtwo, but with the incredible base 130 speed, 159 Special Attack, and the extremely diverse movepool, Mewtwo is perfect. Modest Mewtwo outspeeds Jolly/Naive Genesect, and with them both being Scarf, guarantees I'll OHKO with Flamethrower. So far, Mewtwo has proven a great asset to my team.

The move sets:

Invasion (Deoxys-Defense) @ Red Card
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss
- Recover
- Spikes

666 (Giratina) @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roar
- Dragon Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Mama Bear (Kangaskhan) @ Kangaskhanite

Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Protect
- Crunch

Genetics (Mewtwo) @ Choice Scarf

EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Flamethrower
- Psystrike
- Ice Beam

Bambi (Xerneas) @ Power Herb

Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

GOD (Yveltal) @ Life Orb

Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch

All the movesets were explained above, so I feel I don't need to reiterate myself here.

Threats:

Xerneas is still a major threat, because it can carry Psyshock. To be honest, I dont know why no one carries Psyshock. They tend to carry Thunderbolt, as far as I can tell, and I have no godly idea why. However, if they do, my counter is destroyed.
As of the first change, Xerneas is no longer a threat.

While not a serious weakness of the team, between how little it's seen and that it's more of an annoyance than a weakness, I've found Defensive Foul Play Yveltal with Rocky Helmet is a problem. However, I haven't seen one since switching Ho-Oh for Mewtwo, whom can be OHKO 62% of the time from Foul Play with 0 atk IVs (a change that's forgotten in this post, but is current on Showdown, just laziness). Modest Mewtwo, however, 2HKO's Yveltal, so it's not a good counter.

This team uses two Pokemon weak to Stealth Rocks in Ho-Oh, which packs Regenerator, and Yveltal, which packs Oblivion Wing, both allowing for recovery. However, due to the weaknesses, I'd prefer a way of destroying Stealth Rock.
As of the first change, Stealth Rocks are not as big of a problem as they were, but are still a slight concern.

Other potential teammates:

Deoxys Defense can take the place of Blissey, resisting the Psyshock from Xerneas, as well as having access to Spikes and/or Stealth Rock. I am currently testing Deoxys-D over Blissey.
As of the first change to the team, Deoxys-D has replaced Blissey.

Not a new teammate, but a different moveset, I'm thinking of switching out Shadow Sneak with Rest for recovery on Giratina. Im not sure of the reliability of Rest without Sleep Talk, and I lack the room for Sleep Talk unless I want to get walled even worse by taunt. With Fairies running around, Dragon Tail is now inferior to Roar, even more than it was in generation 5, because it's stopped by both Substitute and Fairy types, so I need Dragon Claw for damage.

Again, not a new teammate, but this time an EV change for Xerneas. I remember in generation 5, Scarf Dark Void was a thing, but I dont think it's been a thing so far this generation. Until I can get a little more research on it, I do want to keep Xerneas with enough speed to be able to outspeed Scarf'd Darkrai after a Geomancy. However, if Scarf Dark Void is no longer a thing this generation, then I only need 44 or 48 (need to double check) speed EVs to outspeed Scarf'd Genesect, as well as Mega Gengar, keeping said mon from revenge-killing me.

Exported team:
http://pastebin.com/dphrPCgw

Last edited:

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey TheVoid619,

Overall, the team is solid, but it has a few crippling weaknesses to top tier threats.

Zekrom is a major one. He'll pretty much steamroll through this team. I strongly suggest Landorus-T > idk what, maybe Kanga. It also gives you an important Fairy / Ground build.

Ho-Oh is another major threat here. Once again, no checks and he will pretty much destroy this team. Arceus-Rock is the hardest counter, though the aforementioned Lando-T + maybe cleric support from Blissey will help, possibly allowing you to run a lesser check like Waterceus or something like that.

Both Ekiller and Kyogre will give you major problems. I pretty much cried when you said you were weak to Dialga without seeing that Gira-A was your only Ekiller check (Refresh, WoW miss, overall not the most reliable check) and Blissey loses to Specsogre in a clean 2HKO. I will try to not make too many changes, but more checks are a must.

However, I feel this team struggles the most, not even from a lack of counters, which is still pretty bad, but from the playstyle itself. It's weird. You're running a Support Kanga, with some other offensive mons, although Support Kanga lends itself more to stallish teams. Blissey as well. I don't really know how to fix this unhappy meld of offense and stall without changing too much though.

On a different note, the type synergy suffers. You probably need a steel type btw, it gives you so many helpful resistances. Try to patch up some glaring weaknesses like ice.
http://www.marriland.com/tools/team-builder#894|1509|902|1442|1650|1651|

Oh, wait.

Hazards. You are running Ho-Oh, without defog support. Practically suicide, plus you have no hazards of your own. Defog+Rocks. Use them. You need Defog especially though, since this team has to pokemon that lost 1/2 and 1/4 of their HP just switching in, one of which takes LO too, and the other takes BB recoil.

Optimization:

Cleric Blissey > current Blissey, also, Shed Shell > Red Card since escaping Gengar is Blissey's only advantage over Chansey in Ubers. I'd personally use different EVs but it's fine I guess. (Psych Up :/ wat)

RestTalk Giratina > current since recovery + Sleep fodder is nice. Or Defog. Actually, defog is probably better.

Sleep Talk > Punishment on Ho-Oh, for sleep fodder, definitely run Defog on Giratina.

Xerneas: 108 HP / 28 Def / 252+ SAtk / 120 Spd > current spread. Enough Def to give Gene the SAtk boost, enough speed to outspeed relevant mons, max power, and rest in overall bulk.

LO set EVs- Justification? I have no idea what that does for you at all. I'd probably run a different set like the first one here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/yveltal-qc-2-3.3501245/

In general, the team just needs work, and I can't tell you how to do everything.

Good luck though!

As of right now, I have had literally no problems with either Zekrom or Kyogre. Between Giratina to sponge Bolt Strikes and Xerneas to sponge Outrages, Zekrom isn't even a threat. While Kyogre may be scary, it's really not as big a deal as you're making it out to be. I wasn't aware that Giratina has defog access, and ended up switching Ho-Oh out for something that works a little better overall (will update in a few minutes).

Ho-Oh on the other hand, while I don't have a hard counter for it, it can be dealt with effectively by Giratina, whom takes at most 24% from the common Careful one. Even an Adamant Ho-Oh only does about 27-31% with Brave Birds. Ho-Oh isn't really a threat.

As for E-killer, I don't see it. I don't quite understand why it's made out to be such a big threat, when it's pretty weak by comparison to other physical sweepers in Ubers. A +2 Espeed only has a 12% chance of KOing Xerneas, and I have a bad build bulk-wise (I have been meaning to redo it's evs, thats the next thing Im going to do when I get back on Showdown later). Another hard counter to Arceus is, once again, Giratina. A +2 Shadow Force is a 2HKO, thus 4 turns to KO. Plus, I can switch into Kangaskhan to eat the Shadow Force. Shadow Claw is a 3HKO, but with a burn on it I can just switch out or roar it out.

As of this point in testing, the team has only had problems with hax and bad plays on my part. You know, those moments when you choose an option and then immediately facepalm and ask yourself "what the hell did I do that for?". Even still, Rocks and Ho-Oh weren't getting along, and I found Ho-Oh to quite often be sleep fodder or a sacrificial lamb to get me a safe switch into something better for the situation. On top of that, Ho-Oh's main purpose was to counter Genesect, which outspeeds Ho-Oh with the U-turn anyway. As such, I am replacing Ho-Oh with a Choice Scarf'd Modest Mewtwo, specifically designed to outspeed Scarf'd Genesect and OHKO with Flamethrower. I have also found that Deoxys-D has done Blissey's job better in this team, and thus replaced Blissey. Thunder Wave cripples so many things. I am updating the opening post now.

My god stop using fucking green text, it's impossible and unattractive to read.

This team is sadly 6-0ed by Geomancy Xerneas, as Deoxys-D is going to get weakened very easily, and is especially toxic prone since you have no cleric. Xerneas gets loads of chances to set up, or just do damage by attacking since you included no fairy resists with two weaknesses. I sadly cannot fix the build as the structure of the team would be completely different but I suggest you look into the metagame more, play more games, and read more posts on the sub forums to get a grasp on the tier. Good luck!

Geomancy Xerneas is countered by Deoxys-D, whom forces it out with Red Card. Having two special walls, one in Mega Kangaskhan and one in Deoxys, I can let Kangaskhan in on anything that I need to wall, to preserve the Red Card. It's not the greatest plan, and I do need a better one, but it's working for now. Are there any steel-type special walls that can OHKO Xerneas?

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You've made some valid points. I'm going to try to make some arguments though.

252+ Atk Teravolt Zekrom Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 306-360 (60.7 - 71.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Teravolt Zekrom Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 278-330 (55.1 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Teravolt Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 271-319 (68.7 - 80.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Teravolt Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 246-291 (62.4 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Initially, you are forced into a 50/50, that makes the switch in get 2HKOd if you mispredict. Frankly, Fairy / Ground is almost mandatory this gen for a solid build but I see where you were coming from. Ofc you could switch to the other but since neither get reliable recovery, Zekrom can come in again and again, breaking down this team's only Ygod check and Ekiller check. Plus it builds momentum via Volt Switch and can get in pokemon that force you out.

Anyways, Specsogre is still a major threat.

252 SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Giratina: 280-330 (55.5 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Giratina in Rain: 175-207 (34.7 - 41%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 56 HP / 0 SpD Yveltal in Rain: 622-733 (152.8 - 180%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 56 HP / 0 SpD Yveltal in Rain: 415-490 (101.9 - 120.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 108 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas in Rain: 622-733 (148 - 174.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 108 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas in Rain: 415-490 (98.8 - 116.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Kangaskhan in Rain: 441-519 (106.5 - 125.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Kangaskhan in Rain: 295-348 (71.2 - 84%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ho-Oh in Rain: 842-992 (202.4 - 238.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ho-Oh in Rain: 564-666 (135.5 - 160%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey in Rain: 358-423 (50.1 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey in Rain: 240-283 (33.6 - 39.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

Dang that was a lot. Specsogre OHKOs 4/6 of the team and 2HKOs the "counters." Scarfogre OHKOs 1/2 the team and 2HKOs/3HKOs the rest.

As for Ho-Oh,

252+ Atk Life Orb Ho-Oh Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 177-211 (35.1 - 41.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Meh. Its pretty good numbers, but remember that you can't do much back to it since you can't burn and your attacks are relatively weak. Phazing only postpones defeat.

Oh yeah, what hack said. With rocks, you lose and with Blissey gone you lose worse.

EDIT: Deo-D does NOT counter GeoXern. Neither does Kanga.

+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Deoxys-D: 237-279 (77.9 - 91.7%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Kangaskhan: 418-492 (100.9 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Scizor and Aegislash for the steel queston.

Maybe it's just my playstyle, but I've always played prediction-heavy (my main OU team has 4 choice'd users for this reason, lol), and as of right now I'm 6-0 with Zekrom predictions. While I should get a better counter, I think Xerneas is the more prominent threat right now. Kyogre, while scary, does have one major flaw: thats mostly specs spout damage. That means that a single hit on Kyogre and that damage output drops significantly, so again Xerneas is the more important threat. I've been thinking, maybe Brave Specially Defensive Aegislash with Gyro ball/Iron Head? Both can OHKO, even with a +SDef nature instead of a +Atk Nature (Iron Head doesn't always OHKO, but Shadow Sneak will finish it). Here's some calcs on the Xerneas's attacking Aegislash:

Brave Aegislash:
+2 252 SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 123-146 (46.9 - 55.7%) -- 21.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 146-172 (45 - 53%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Sassy Aegislash:
+2 252 SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Aegislash-Shield: 112-132 (42.7 - 50.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4+ SpD Aegislash-Shield: 133-157 (41 - 48.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Based on those calcs, Im thinking of going with the max HP 4 SpD Aegislash, though I am not sure which nature to use.

Geomancy Xerneas is countered by Deoxys-D, whom forces it out with Red Card. Having two special walls, one in Mega Kangaskhan and one in Deoxys, I can let Kangaskhan in on anything that I need to wall, to preserve the Red Card. It's not the greatest plan, and I do need a better one, but it's working for now. Are there any steel-type special walls that can OHKO Xerneas?
no, it's not a counter. you have a 31 % chance of getting OHKOd by +2 Xern after SR, and without leftovers constant reliance on recover to keep your HP at absolute max will be impossible ESPECIALLY since your build lacks defog, meaning something like a Deo-S lead will get spikes+SR and at this point it's pretty much gg. Your disproportional build that has a weak scarfer, two Xerneas weak mons and no resists will give it ample opportunities to both dish out neutral hits to weaken your "core" (I don't know if I'm allowed to say core since that would imply you could handle at least some metagame threats) or set up and sweep later.

and stop having green text omg

haxiom

God's not dead.
Lol sorry for grilling you here.

First of all, the biggest change needed is text font.

SDef Aegislash is pretty much necessary to check GeoXern sufficiently.

As for Krom predicts, where are you on the ladder? Atm you might be able to read but it really should be a flip of the coin.

no, it's not a counter. you have a 31 % chance of getting OHKOd by +2 Xern after SR, and without leftovers constant reliance on recover to keep your HP at absolute max will be impossible ESPECIALLY since your build lacks defog, meaning something like a Deo-S lead will get spikes+SR and at this point it's pretty much gg. Your disproportional build that has a weak scarfer, two Xerneas weak mons and no resists will give it ample opportunities to both dish out neutral hits to weaken your "core" (I don't know if I'm allowed to say core since that would imply you could handle at least some metagame threats) or set up and sweep later.

and stop having green text omg
1| Like I said a post or two ago, Deoxys deals with Xerneas, but I am looking for a better counter. As of the next time I get on, I'll be testing Aegislash.
2| Explain how exactly Mewtwo is a weak scarfer. Aside from Kyurem White, which is usually specs as far as I've seen, it's it's got more raw power than any other scarfer I can find in this tier. Maybe it is weak, but I legit don't see it.
**Edit: this is not including the +1 that Genesect gets, because it's not consistent and relies on the opponent's stats. While you often know what boost you'll get, it's still able to be manipulated by your opponents with mons that have base stats that are even in def/Sdef.
3| Better now?

Lol sorry for grilling you here.

First of all, the biggest change needed is text font.

SDef Aegislash is pretty much necessary to check GeoXern sufficiently.

As for Krom predicts, where are you on the ladder? Atm you might be able to read but it really should be a flip of the coin.
I'll test Aegislash in a few hours, I need to sleep soon since I have work in like 6 hours. To answer your question, however, I'm just shy of the 1400 mark.

Last edited:
I've been doing some thinking, and here are potential Pokemon that may or may not help me with my 3 main threats:

Klefki - Twave will cripple Xerneas, and it doesn't need to sponge a hit before getting off the Twave due to prankster. Dual-status Klefki can also toxic the Ho-Oh and/or Zekrom, or it can set up spikes. However, Klefki gives me another weakness to Ho-Oh's Earthquake. I'm thinking this could replace Deoxys as a wall, most likely special depending on Klefki's base stats (I havent looked or done any calcs yet).

Excadrill - Excadrill completely shuts down Choice Scarf Zekrom, taking max of 45% with max hp, 0 def investment, or 30% with max defensive investment. With this ev spread and Assault Vest, it can take 2 +2 Moon Blasts with less than 1% chance of being KOd. However, Focus Blast still OHKOs it easy, as well as another Ho-Oh weakness. This also gives me a spinner.

Arceus Rock - Physically defensive, Arceus Rock can take defensive Ho-Oh's earthquakes with ease, and KO in 2 Judgments, or take offensive Ho-Oh's Earthquake and OHKO with Judgment. Offensive Arceus-Rock can OHKO with decent damage rolls on defensive Ho-Oh with Judgment and Timid nature, or always OHKOs with Modest. Modest Arceus also outspeeds Jolly Ho-Oh by a lot. Scarf Zekrom still beats Arceus-Rock one v one if it's offensive Arceus. Defensive Arceus can KO Zekrom, but it's more likely to lose one on one as well.

I'm debating between Klefki and Aegislash, as well as using Arceus. Zekrom will require a sacrifice, but it can be revenge killed with Xerneas, whom can take Bolt Strike with Stealth Rocks and a layer of spikes, and can potentially take it with 3 layers of spikes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)