Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
please fix this bug, that i am sure a lot of people have already mentioned. This is like the 1000 time that i lose a game because i reconnect, and then instead of seeing my own pokes i see the opponents. sometimes

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Hitting the skip to last turn button in a battle will just freeze the entire page, its happened for a while so i wanted to tell you if you guys didnt know about it.
Yea this button is shit, but I cant think of how to fix it or how to implement it better atm.

Fury Cutter seems to only be 20 base power, although it should be 40 base power:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-109461478

I used X-Scissor on turn 1 as the control, to easily compare Fury Cutter with. (With technician, it should be 60 base power with its initial hit.) The Scyther has no EVs and is Technician. The Pinsir is max HP/Def.
Fixed by user Relados and should be up next restart

Knock Off + Sticky Web should be illegal on Leavanny. Only Sewaddle learns Sticky Web whereas Knock Off is a Gen V tutor move for Leavanny only.
Still looking into how to fix this...

Mint Berry is not listed in the team builder for Gen 2 OU and PS does not allow the use of Chesto Berry in its place. I apologise if this has been reported before.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mint Berry is not listed in the team builder for Gen 2 OU and PS does not allow the use of Chesto Berry in its place. I apologise if this has been reported before.
That update has been sitting in the pull requests for a while (I don't know why it hasn't been merged yet).

EDIT: This has been added and will be live on the next server restart.

Last edited:
Land's Wrath's description in both the teambuilder and in battle is wrong: the teambuilder says 'no additional effect', and in battle it says it hits 'one adjacent target'. Nonetheless its correct behavior of hitting both enemy Pokemon functions correctly.

EDIT: New thing! Mega Kangaskhan crits on the second hit of a Parental Bond-ed attack: does the kind of damage that would require that the crit bypassed Parental Bond's damage reduction on the second hit. I suppose this might be correct behavior (I can't test it myself), but I find it unlikely.

More specifically it was a Mega Kangaskhan using Ice Punch on a Zygarde, with the first hit doing 40~% (From perfect health) and the second finishing it off, with no Yache Berry or anything to explain this. Intuition would suggest that a crit on the second hit should result in Power Up Punch like behavior: if the first hit did 40%, then the second hit is a base of 20% and a 50% increase should result in 30%.

Last edited:
Don't know what to call this but its really annoying.

So basically my opponent left as my mouse was hovering over Venomoth. I was not able to click "Claim Victory" and had to forfeit :[

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Don't know what to call this but its really annoying.

So basically my opponent left as my mouse was hovering over Venomoth. I was not able to click "Claim Victory" and had to forfeit :[
you can type

/timer on

into the chat. Its not a perfect solutions but it works

I encountered a bug with critical hits. The crits do to much damage i was with my +4 def gliscor againts a +4 atk azumarril and the azumarril aqua jet did a little above 20% a few times before against my gliscor and then it got a crit and did over 80%. I have a replay which shows the battle:http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-110840024

Also before that the azumarril did over 60% damage with a crit to my scolipede and the turn after that i didn't get rid of my substitute with aqua jet both.
It was +6 btw

I encountered a bug(?) with Protean Greninja and Hidden Power. It seems to not be changing Greninja to the correct type, and in fact after a short talk, another PS user tried it with the same result. There definitely seems to be an issue here.

Sorry if this has been reported already... I didn't see it on the known bugs list though, I did check.

Update: I don't know if this bug is "conditional" but I tried it again and it worked in a different battle... maybe I'll test some stuff out.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, and thanks to the mod who corrected it.

I don't know about this... I definitely had the issue but didn't record the game, and last couple battles it's worked. If it happens again, I'll try to record.

Last edited:
I did a random battle. my opponent had a jellicent. the bar said it was female, the party sprite was a female one, but the sprite on the battle field was a MALE ONE. also they still haven't updated genesect's sprite

Knock Off + Sticky Web should be illegal on Leavanny. Only Sewaddle learns Sticky Web whereas Knock Off is a Gen V tutor move for Leavanny only.
I Think not. If a sewaddle were to be in gen V and learned sticky web. it could just not forget it when it learns a new move. It would still have the move through evolving. as a levanny, you could tutor it knock off while having it keep sticky web.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I did a random battle. my opponent had a jellicent. the bar said it was female, the party sprite was a female one, but the sprite on the battle field was a MALE ONE. also they still haven't updated genesect's sprite

I Think not. If a sewaddle were to be in gen V and learned sticky web. it could just not forget it when it learns a new move. It would still have the move through evolving. as a levanny, you could tutor it knock off while having it keep sticky web.
Sticky Web didn't exist in BW.

I was playing PS, Hackmon match. My opponent says that his Arceus has the ability No Guard, which seems plausible, given that all of its Sheer Colds have hit me. He used Recover once, and once only. I managed to put Arceus to sleep, then attacking while it was asleep. When Arceus was at critical health and still sleeping, the opponent switched out to a Dragonite. A short time later, Arceus was called out again, with full HP and a healed status. I don't think there's any item that does this, and the only abilities that would heal upon switching out don't heal everything. This doesn't make much sense to me, and I was hoping you could help.

Here's a replay for those that want to see for yourself:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/hackmons-111423787

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
I was playing PS, Hackmon match. My opponent says that his Arceus has the ability No Guard, which seems plausible, given that all of its Sheer Colds have hit me. He used Recover once, and once only. I managed to put Arceus to sleep, then attacking while it was asleep. When Arceus was at critical health and still sleeping, the opponent switched out to a Dragonite. A short time later, Arceus was called out again, with full HP and a healed status. I don't think there's any item that does this, and the only abilities that would heal upon switching out don't heal everything. This doesn't make much sense to me, and I was hoping you could help.

You can run more than 1 of the same Pokemon in hackmons, you know.

Have you considered that the healed Arceus your opponent sent could have been another Arceus?

Yes, but then why does it only show 1 Arceus on the sidebar?
The client shouldn't help you telling you it was another Arceus if you weren't able to figure that out by yourself o_o

Hi, I noticed an error in the implementation of the move fly in [Gen 1] OU (beta).

In gen 1 if a pokemon uses fly but then is prevented from finishing the move (e.g. due to full paralysis while in the air or something like that) then the pokemon remains in the semi-invulnerable state until using the move again, but this does not happen in showdown.

Here is the replay:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/gen1oubeta-99821139

My Zapdos is paralyzed on turn 28.

It uses fly on turn 30 and is fully paralyzed on turn 31, preventing the move from completing.

On turn 33 the opponent attempted to use sleep powder which failed due to Zapdos already being paralyzed. If the move was working as in the games then I'm not sure whether the miss or the failure would have priority.

However Zapdos is then hit and KO'd by explosion on turn 34.

Thanks for all your hard work guys!

EDIT: Confirmed for dig as well. (guy really made me work for it though lol. Also not sure why he had lower level pokemon.)

The replay:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/gen1oubeta-99839541

TURN 30: Slowbro is paralyzed.
TURN 35: Slowbro uses dig.
TURN 36: Slowbro is fully paralyzed, interrupting dig.
TURN 37: Slowbro is hit by body slam, losing 7.6% of its health.
Hello, I posted this about a month ago and it is still not working, however I did not see any replies to it nor see it in the known bugs section, so I just wanted to make sure the original post hadn't fallen through the cracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)