UU Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a great summary of this thread:
alexwolf said:
Effective cores are very important in competitive Pokemon, and any good player uses them, intentionally or not. Defensive cores rely on covering a lot of attacking types and common threats within the core, while also offering team support, so that the core is useful even when walled. On the other hand, offensive cores still like having the common attacking types covered between its members, but offensive synergy is most important. Be it one member of the core attracting Pokemon that another member can easily switch into and force out, one member luring and weakening the checks and counters of another, or one member being able to beat the Pokemon that the other can't, those are the characteristics that are wanted from a good offensive core. Finally, there are mixed or balanced cores, as well as support and pivoting cores, which blend in into offensive and defensive cores. Support or pivoting elements in cores aim to either provide easier switch-in and set up chances to offensive Pokemon, or help to wall and stall out the opponent in the case of defensive cores.
One important thing before I begin:
Do not fill this thread with shit or it will get locked! Thanks :].

None yet:].

I'll spark the discussion with a core that most people have used / heard of:
+

I never really liked Florges + M-Agg combo to be honest. Sure, it's great defensively on both sides, but it gets destroyed too easily by the Nidos, who are increasing in usage rapidly. It has worked for me though when using it with Cresselia or Specially Defensive Mew.

Swampert and Crobat is also a pretty decent Balanced Core imo, they cover up their weaknesses pretty nicely barring Psychic and Ice from Crobat's side.

^I agree. Mega Aggron and Florges are both fantastic UU Pokemon in their own rights, but they don't form a great core together. The Nidos, Victini, and Mega Houndoom, to name a few, all have the potential to break down the popular Florges/Aggron core.

Chesnaught and Mega Blastoise form a pretty nice core together. Typewise, they cover each other nicely and both are capable of tanking hits and dealing plenty of damage back thanks to their good offensive stats and generous movepools. I don't know how you'd categorize this core based on the criteria above because you can go offensive, defensive or balanced with it depending on what sets you want to run. Adding a Fire type to this core makes it even better, but there are so many great Fire types in UU that suggesting one over all the others seems pointless. I tried Rotom H and it grants you a nice Flying resistance which this core otherwise lacks.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A couple of cores I really like using:

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Nature: Bold
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Heal Bell

+

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static --> Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SAtk
- Volt Switch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Pulse​

This core is predicated on outlasting many of the top threats in the metagame. Between Wishtect and RestTalk, Vaporeon and Mega-Ampharos can outlast many offensive Pokemon in the tier. The synergy is really cool as M-Ampharos is able to easily come in on Grass- and Electric-type moves Vaporeon doesn't like while Vappy resists Ice and can handle most Ground-type moves. This core also ensures no Fire-type can overwhelm the team. While Vaporeon is able to handle with Entei and Darmanitan quite handily due to their lack of Electric-type coverage move, M-Ampharos is able to handle Victini, Arcanine, and Chandelure (to an extent) as they have coverage moves to hit Vaporeon with. Neither is really a sitting duck either as physical attackers find it quite difficult to setup on Vaporeon due to the burn chance from Scald while M-Ampharos can utilize Volt Switch to get away from a bad situation with Sleep Talk having a 33% chance of picking the move while M-Ampharos is asleep. While the core lost a bit of its luster with the removal of Tornadus-T from the tier, it also got a bit better with powerful Dragons such as Hydreigon, Zygarde, Haxorus, and Salamence being banned recently (though Scarf Mence couldn't even OHKO M-Ampharos with Outrage after Rocks!) While it is a defensive core, the fact that both can deal some damage when needed also allows them to work on balanced teams as a defensive backbone.

and one more

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge / Poison Jab

+

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SAtk / 20 Spe
Nature: Modest
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt / Discharge
- Heal Bell​

Yeah, if you couldn't tell, I really like Mega Ampharos. Most of my best teams have it. Anyway, this is more of an offensive / balanced core with Mienshao and M-Ampharos. Ever wished you could find more ways to get Mienshao in to battle in order to wreck shit? Well, I'm here to grant you that wish. With low Speed and a strong Volt Switch, M-Ampahros is easily able to get the frail, yet powerful Mienshao into battle more often. The best part? You can't spam Thunder Wave in front of Mienshao thanks to the immunity that Electric-types like M-Ampharos have to it. Anyway, Dragon Pulse is strong enough to 2HKO Hippowdon, and the 20 Speed EVs ensure M-Ampharos outspeeds it after the Speed drop through Mega Evolution. The choice of Thunderbolt and Discharge comes down to slightly more power or a slightly higher paralysis rate. Despite paralysis helping Mienshao beat out faster threats like Scarf users and Starmie, Thunderbolt is preferred since paralysis can keep M-Ampharos from giving the slow Volt Switch Mienshao wants. Heal Bell is cool as it can let Shao stay in to cripple a Ghost-type with Knock Off without fear of a lasting burn. As for Shao, its moveset is rather self-explanatory. HJK is for that reliable STAB option to beat up stuff with. Knock Off cripples Ghost- and Psychic-type switch-ins while U-turn forms a balanced VoltTurn core with M-Ampharos. Stone Edge is there to crush Flying-types, but Poison Jab can be useful to lure in and pummel Florges, a fairly major problem for this core otherwise.

What about ye old Regenerator core?

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Toxic
- Psyshock / Ice Beam

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb / Clear Smog
- HP Fire / Toxic

The core is pretty straightforward and easy to use. Slowbro tanks physical hits like Flare Blitzes and V-Creates that aimed at Amoonguss while he walls Grass and Electric attacks for Slowbro. You can also add something like Chandelure, Houndoom or Arcanine and voila, you have a solid FWG core. Nidos could potentially destroy this core thanks to their excellent coverage, but they break through a lot of stuff anyway lol.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Heal Bell

+

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
- Volt Switch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Pulse​

This core is predicated on outlasting many of the top threats in the metagame. Between Wishtect and RestTalk, Vaporeon and Mega-Ampharos can outlast many offensive Pokemon in the tier. The synergy is really cool as M-Ampharos is able to easily come in on Grass- and Electric-type moves Vaporeon doesn't like while Vappy resists Ice and can handle most Ground-type moves. This core also ensures no Fire-type can overwhelm the team. While Vaporeon is able to handle with Entei and Darmanitan quite handily due to their lack of Electric-type coverage move, M-Ampharos is able to handle Victini, Arcanine, and Chandelure (to an extent) as they have coverage moves to hit Vaporeon with. Neither is really a sitting duck either as physical attackers find it quite difficult to setup on Vaporeon due to the burn chance from Scald while M-Ampharos can utilize Volt Switch to get away from a bad situation with Sleep Talk having a 33% chance of picking the move while M-Ampharos is asleep. While the core lost a bit of its luster with the removal of Tornadus-T from the tier, it also got a bit better with powerful Dragons such as Hydreigon, Zygarde, Haxorus, and Salamence being banned recently (though Scarf Mence couldn't even OHKO M-Ampharos with Outrage after Rocks!) While it is a defensive core, the fact that both can deal some damage when needed also allows them to work on balanced teams as a defensive backbone.

and one more

Mienshao @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge / Poison Jab

+

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SAtk / 20 Spe
Nature: Modest
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt / Discharge
- Heal Bell​

Yeah, if you couldn't tell, I really like Mega Ampharos. Most of my best teams have it. Anyway, this is more of an offensive / balanced core with Mienshao and M-Ampharos. Ever wished you could find more ways to get Mienshao in to battle in order to wreck shit? Well, I'm here to grant you that wish. With low Speed and a strong Volt Switch, M-Ampahros is easily able to get the frail, yet powerful Mienshao into battle more often. The best part? You can't spam Thunder Wave in front of Mienshao thanks to the immunity that Electric-types like M-Ampharos have to it. Anyway, Dragon Pulse is strong enough to 2HKO Hippowdon, and the 20 Speed EVs ensure M-Ampharos outspeeds it after the Speed drop through Mega Evolution. The choice of Thunderbolt and Discharge comes down to slightly more power or a slightly higher paralysis rate. Despite paralysis helping Mienshao beat out faster threats like Scarf users and Starmie, Thunderbolt is preferred since paralysis can keep M-Ampharos from giving the slow Volt Switch Mienshao wants. Heal Bell is cool as it can let Shao stay in to cripple a Ghost-type with Knock Off without fear of a lasting burn. As for Shao, its moveset is rather self-explanatory. HJK is for that reliable STAB option to beat up stuff with. Knock Off cripples Ghost- and Psychic-type switch-ins while U-turn forms a balanced VoltTurn core with M-Ampharos. Stone Edge is there to crush Flying-types, but Poison Jab can be useful to lure in and pummel Florges, a fairly major problem for this core otherwise.
Just a question why don't you use Reckless as Shaos ability instead of Regenerator? I mean you would rather Shao to beat up more shit rite?

regen makes shao a great revenge killer, as its very fast, and can u-turn out most of the time after killing something, making it a great pivot that stays at full health throughout the game

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Heal Bell

+

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
- Volt Switch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Pulse​

Ive slept on that core for awhile because it really allowed dragons to continually switch in. But now without any dragons switching in and Fires are starting to dominate the tier, im gonna give this core another shot :) And gonna add meinshoa to it for some great momentum.

this thread is somewhat dead lol

anyways, i have something to contribute

(Chesnaught) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Spiky Shield
- Leech Seed
- Hammer Arm

Jellicent @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 208 SpD / 48 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Destiny Bond / Sludge Bomb

I'll edit this in a bit, but basically Chesnaught sets up spikes support while taking water and dark moves aimed at Hound and Jelli, scouts choice users like Flygon or Mien, and stalls out mons who can't do anything to it. Jelli is pretty standard, but the speed evs are to creep Umb and Vape and taunt them, stalling them out. Megadoom is standard as well, DBond is effective because it utilizes its great speed to take out mons who can tank hits even at +2 like Megastoise and OHKO back. SBomb takes care of Florges who does work to this core, but if you have something that can deal with Flogre like Meta or Victini then I'd use DBond.

Last edited:
I was playing something very similar to your core however slightly different in that I was using a watered down popular BW2 OU core: Ferrocent.

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Thunder Wave

Jellicent @ Leftovers
EVs: 206 SDef / 252 HP / 48 Spd
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

I was playing Umbreon for what I believe the same reason you originally added Mega Houndoom was: to counter Chandelure. It's also great to have the Heal Bell support so that the core is much more tedious to break down. I wasn't and still am not too sure about Thunder Wave on Ferroseed but I really couldn't find a proper fourth move.

By far the biggest issue I see with both of those cores is how open you are to Fire-types. The problem with Jellicent (and especially with SpDef Jelli) is that it's a bulky water that simply fails to check anything but Scarf Darm and Tini. Obviously you have to use it as a slow pivot that is a pain in the ass for stall teams yada yada but when used in a dedicated defensive core and especially in a fwg core it just fails to do its job.
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Jellicent: 234-277 (57.9 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Victini Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Jellicent: 474-558 (117.3 - 138.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Now this is less of a problem for Bouffalant's core which has an offensive check in Flash Fire regular Houndoom, and is generally more suited for offensive teams that need pivots against slow bulky teams and can work fine without hard counters to those two. But still I'd like to point out that using PhyDef Ferroseed in this metagame just doesn't seem right. Last gen the SpDef set was okay because it was one of the two "counters" to Kingdra (tho it still lost to SubDD) as well as an emergency check to like Roserade and Shaymin but considering that physical Fire- and Fighting-types basically rule the tier I just don't see Ferroseed working out in UU this gen.

So yea basically at least make Jellicent physically defensive as otherwise you've just dedicated three teamslots to a defensive core that gets rolled over by two of the most common offensive dudes in the tier.

-----------------------------------------------------

Now for my own contribution to the thread : a neat little offensive core I like to run that is centered around a very useful mon right now - SubPass Mienshao.
This set was already seriously underrated last gen but now that LO Shao basically only needs two attacks (HJK and Knock Off) it got really really good (it rk Honchkrow handily too). Pair it with stuff that destroy it's usual switch-ins and enjoy the ride :)
I went with T-Bolt Nidoqueen (for Florges and Crobat) and LO Shaymin (for Slowbro and Suicune, as well as Sableye I guess) and so far it's been dandy.

Mienshao @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Nidoqueen (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 100 HP / 252 SAtk / 156 Spd (you might wanna creep a lil' bit but LO Shao beats Queen on its own anyway)
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Synthesis

(i dunno what the fuck went wrong with the html >:[)

Overall it's a neat core that doesn't give Cune any breathing room which is always nice. LO Shao behind a Sub is seriously frightening cause it beats up most of its checks and not even its usual counters are safe when you can just bp out and get in the appropriate mon for free. Srsly this thing lays down the hurt and is even more mindless than clicking U-turn... what's not to like ?

edit at below : Psychic hits all the Fighting-types and Roserade stronger while being your best move against Crobat

Last edited:
You're absolutely correct on the Defensive Jellicent/SpD Ferroseed and I'll definitely look into that if and when I resume using that core.

I personally would like to know what Psychic on Shaymin covers that is more important than using something like Air Slash instead, however. Mind explaining your thought process on that?

You're absolutely correct on the Defensive Jellicent/SpD Ferroseed and I'll definitely look into that if and when I resume using that core.

I personally would like to know what Psychic on Shaymin covers that is more important than using something like Air Slash instead, however. Mind explaining your thought process on that?

Psychic is pretty much for Crobat alone tbh, usually Shaymin will be using either Seed Flare or Earth Power so it's nice to nail it on the switch in.

Would Slowbro and Florges work as a defensive core? All of Slowbro's main weaknesses (Dark and Bug) are both resisted by florges, whereas Florges's weaknesses (Poison and Steel) can be handled by slowbro. Slowbro resists steel and can hit poison types with a psychic/psyshock.

Would Slowbro and Florges work as a defensive core? All of Slowbro's main weaknesses (Dark and Bug) are both resisted by florges, whereas Florges's weaknesses (Poison and Steel) can be handled by slowbro. Slowbro resists steel and can hit poison types with a psychic/psyshock.
Nidoking and Nidoqueen punch a ton of holes in that core. It would be absolutely crucial that Slowbro have an Assault Vest for this core to work.

252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoqueen Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro: 242-286 (61.4 - 72.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoqueen Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Slowbro: 161-191 (40.8 - 48.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro: 238-281 (60.4 - 71.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Slowbro: 160-188 (40.6 - 47.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

On the off chance the aforementioned Nidoqueen and Nidoking are running Thunderbolt, this core is flat out ruined.

252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoqueen Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Slowbro: 205-242 (52 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoqueen Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro: 304-359 (77.1 - 91.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Slowbro: 200-237 (50.7 - 60.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro: 299-354 (75.8 - 89.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Physically Defensive Gastro + AV Metagross

+

Gastrodon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam / Earth Power
- Recover
- Toxic

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake / Ice Punch

Something I've been using a lot lately. They cover each other's weaknesses pretty well. Metagross can take easily take Grass attacks and Gastro can sponge an EQ and Fire moves. Only things to worry about are Dark/Ghost moves (lol Steel nerf).

Last edited:

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Pain Split
- Knock Off

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SDef
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab

I really like this core. The two moves that are strong against Cofagrigus are weak against Scrafty, and Scraftys Fighting type does nothing to Cofagrigus.
If you have a steel type on the team to help with Scraftys weakness to flying and fairy it would help.

As an offensive core, I like venomoth and nidoking. Not that they compliment each other much, but because if you can pass a few QDs to nidoking it can spell doom for the other team.
Mega Blastoise also works extremely well with Venomoth. After a 2 Quiver Dance boosts, Blastoise can 2HKO the entire meta. With its natural bulk, Blastoise can take the Fire attacks aimed at Venomoth while Venomoth can sponge the Grass attacks.

this is my current SPOOKY GHOSTS core:

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Destiny Bond
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Shadow Sneak

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Lonely Nature
- Swords Dance
- Toxic
- X-Scissor
- Shadow Sneak

Mienshao @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Fake Out

Pair with a couple of kamikaze wallbreakers and a spinner and youre good to go!
Most people so far havent seemed to know what to do against it. Mega Banette cripples the things that threaten Shedinja, and usually if they can't kill mega banette they also cant kill shedinja.. and if they CAN kill mega banette then you know what happens.. An incredibly slow knock off paired with destiny bond means you can destiny bond and then hit last on the next turn, knocking off items and screwing over switch-ins.
Mienshao is a good addition to the core as he can pass substitutes to shedinja as well as being able to do it repeatedly without being worn down too much. I'm pairing it with CB darmanitan and Scarf victini to blow holes in the enemy's team so they are forced to lose shedinja checks, with forretress providing reliable spinning

Now that Hydreigon's back, I'd like to bring up Hydreigon + Doublade. They are the perfect pair resisting all of each other's weaknesses (Hydreigon resists Ghost, Dark and Fire and is immune to Ground, while Doublade is immune to Fighting and resists Dragon, Fairy, Bug and Ice) and provide Special and physical attacks. Hydreigon has an easy time switching into Doublade with U-turn if it decides to carry it and makes up a little bit for Doublade's slow speed. Doublade has access to priority and can easily deal with Florges, the most common Pokemon in the tier. One thing that the core struggles with, unfortunately, is Mega Blastoise, so a Pokemon with strong Grass or Electric type moves is needed. The pair also has no recovery, so wish support is very helpful (Florges and Aromatisse are really easy to fit in with this core anyway). However, the pair isn't very weak to hazards at all with Hydreigon taking neutral damage from Stealth Rock and not being affected by all other hazards and Doublade resisting Stealth Rock, not caring about or appreciating Sticky Web, and being immune to Toxic Spikes. While Assault Vest is often slapped onto too many Pokemon without much thought, Hydregion actually works quite well with it, bluffing a Choice item and giving Doublade an even better switch-in to Special attacks. It also allows you to take 66-79% from Aura Sphere uninvested after Draco Meteoring for over 50% and possibly switching out for extra damage with U-turn afterwards. All in all, awesome UU core. :)

EDIT: Forgot that Hydreigon gets Roost. Yay! :D

Last edited:
that's a nice find, and florges would make a perfect partner since mienshao carries supereffective moves for both (knock off/high jump kick) and she resists mienshao's whole moveset as well as having the ability to heal them both/ clear status. I can see that trio being hugely effective o.o

Jaguar360 I prefer to use a Pokemon that doesn't get completely neutered by Knock Off on my offensive core (no offense, HydreiBlade is good, it's just that Doublade is definetly not comparable to Aegislash and its overall effectiveness is SEVERELY hindered without Eviolite).

+
= DESTRUCTION
Metagross
@ Life Orb
EV's: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Spdef
Nature: Adamant

Moveset
Agility
Meteor Mash
Ice Punch
Earthquake

Hydreigon (King Ghidorah) @ Choice Specs/Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd, 4 Atk
Nature: Hasty

Moveset
Draco Meteor
Dark Pulse
Fire Blast
U-Turn

Metagross and Hydreigon cover each other's weaknesses almost flawlessly (Hydreigon resists or is immune via ability to ALL of Metagross' weaknesses and Metagross resists 3 of Hydreigon's 5 weaknesses and is neutral to the other 2) and can cover both sides of the offensive spectrum. Metagross can get a free Agility upon switching into Florges (one of Hydreigon's only REAL counters) and sweep or maim from there. Hydreigon can do the same for Metagross as it can switch into Chandelure, M-Houndoom, and Victini with little-to-no fear and smash a gaping hole into the opponent's team with a Specs Draco Meteor or Dark Pulse, or use U-Turn to gain momentum.

Noivern + Mega-Aggron is, on paper, a nice balanced core. Put them together and you won't have any gaping weaknesses, the only real threat to them is the Nidos - only if they're carrying Ice Beam. However, Specs Noivern can OHKO both of them with Draco Meteor, so it's not much of an issue.

Jaguar360 I prefer to use a Pokemon that doesn't get completely neutered by Knock Off on my offensive core (no offense, HydreiBlade is good, it's just that Doublade is definetly not comparable to Aegislash and its overall effectiveness is SEVERELY hindered without Eviolite).

+
= DESTRUCTION
Metagross
@ Life Orb
EV's: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Spdef

Moveset
Agility
Meteor Mash
Ice Punch
Earthquake

Hydreigon (King Ghidorah) @ Choice Specs/Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd, 4 Atk
Nature: Hasty

Moveset
Draco Meteor
Dark Pulse
Fire Blast
U-Turn

Metagross and Hydreigon cover each other's weaknesses almost flawlessly (Hydreigon resists or is immune via ability to ALL of Metagross' weaknesses and Metagross resists 3 of Hydreigon's 5 weaknesses and is neutral to the other 2) and can cover both sides of the offensive spectrum. Metagross can get a free Agility upon switching into Florges (one of Hydreigon's only REAL counters) and sweep or maim from there. Hydreigon can do the same for Metagross as it can switch into Chandelure, M-Houndoom, and Victini with little-to-no fear and smash a gaping hole into the opponent's team with a Specs Draco Meteor or Dark Pulse, or use U-Turn to gain momentum.
That's a really nice core. Imma steal it. I got one too.

Chesnaught plus Jellicent

Pringles(Jellicent)@Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb/Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 208 SDef / 48 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Will O' Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

Alvin(Chesnaught)@Big Root
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Spiky Shield
- Wood Hammer

A very common and successful core. Nice synergy. Jellicent spinblocks. Chesnaught stalls. Blah blah blah.

That's a really nice core. Imma steal it. I got one too.

Chesnaught plus Jellicent

Pringles(Jellicent)@Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb/Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 208 SDef / 48 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Will O' Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

Alvin(Chesnaught)@Big Root
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Spiky Shield
- Wood Hammer

A very common and successful core. Nice synergy. Jellicent spinblocks. Chesnaught stalls. Blah blah blah.
Here have a standard FWG core as well :)

+
+
= YAY FWG CORE OMG

Entei @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EV's: 96 HP/ 252 Atk/ 160 Spd
-Sacred Fire
-Extreme Speed
-Bulldoze
-Stone Edge

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Atk
Nature: Impish
-Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Spiky Shield
-Wood Hammer

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent => Mega Launcher
EV's: 252 HP/ 192 SpDef/ 64 SpAtk
Nature: Calm
-Scald
-Dark Pulse
-Aura Sphere
-Rapid Spin

Core Description: Ah the beloved FireWaterGrass core, its solid at its core (punny I know) and has held tried and true through the Generations. AV Entei is a form of bulky offense and spreads burns that the other team members like having over their opponents; Chesnaught resists ALL of Entei's weaknesses and Entei resists Chesnaught's 3 most common weaknesses in Fire, Ice, and Fairy (can't you just smell the synergy?). M-Blastoise is there for Rapid Spin support as well as threatening out pretty much all of Entei's primary threats. Chesnaught's EV's are standard, but Entei and Blastoise's are custom. Entei's were originally suggested by the user Passion and the EV's were designed for OU to outspeed Adamant Max Speed Excadrill and retain good bulk; these EV's haven't failed me in UU yet, so I have let them be. Blastoise's is invested in SpDef to deal with Nidoking/queen much easier and the SpAtk EV's are there to smack things a little harder than a pure Special Defense set. Hope this helps! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)