Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically you have to break it down to what your IVs are. Essentially, if your IV is odd, you need 252Evs to reach your maximum stat, but if your IV is 30, you need 248 but you are still a point short on your absolute maximum. Because Pokemon truncates decimals (so 120.5 becomes 120) you end up losing that point.
Well I've just started the game so I don't know the IV's of my pokemon since I don't know their HP's. So what should I do?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Well I've just started the game so I don't know the IV's of my pokemon since I don't know their HP's. So what should I do?
If youve just started dont worry about it? Play through the game normally and then worry about it when you have the tools at your disposal to use.

Regarding Volcanion and Hoopa, we supposedly have data on their stats, abilities, and signature moves now.

Where did such data come from? I see a lot of people talking about the data, but I haven't seen anyone who actually has links/screenshots/videos/etc.

Where did this come from?

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Regarding Volcanion and Hoopa, we supposedly have data on their stats, abilities, and signature moves now.

Where did such data come from? I see a lot of people talking about the data, but I haven't seen anyone who actually has links/screenshots/videos/etc.

Where did this come from?
Project Pokemon has been ram dumping and the site has been our primary source of info. That being said many of them are also a part of Smogon and they tend to let Showdown devs know about stats and moves among other things.

http://projectpokemon.org/

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Does anyone know if putting a dime under the circle pad to pass Day Care steps can cause any significant damage to it? I don't put it in too deep, just the bare minimum to move, but I want to be sure since I can't exactly afford to be buying a new 3DS any time soon.

What nature would be best for Traunt Durant to be used at the Battle Maison?
Jolly. Max speed is important to outspeed Scarf Manectric; obviously, special attack doesn't matter. EVs depend on your team, but you probably want enough attack to OHKO Magic Bounce Espeon with X-Scissor, since it blocks the strategy.

Does anyone know if putting a dime under the circle pad to pass Day Care steps can cause any significant damage to it? I don't put it in too deep, just the bare minimum to move, but I want to be sure since I can't exactly afford to be buying a new 3DS any time soon.
Why not use tape or something like that to hold it down instead? Doesn't go in the circle pad, just pulls it down.

Say I made my Black's character open a shop in my W2. Can my Black character still be recommended to go to other shops after I pass them again or are they stuck in the shop?

Say I made my Black's character open a shop in my W2. Can my Black character still be recommended to go to other shops after I pass them again or are they stuck in the shop?
They are stuck. That's the reason why we usually use NPCs for that.

Hulavuta

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So I have a small explanation for this question.
Due to circumstances that I do not want to go on about, I cannot get on the Internet on my 3DS, this means that I can't go on the GTS, trade with other people online, or anything else. I am currently looking for a HA Starly, which believe me isn't the easiest thing because A. There's no Staravia in the FS and B. There's a whole ONE Starly horde in the game that is Rare and frustrating to find. Now since I don't have a HA Starly currently, I cannot pass it down through any means. There's probberly something obvious I've missed, but my questions are
1. Is there a way to breed Hidden Abilities without having a Hidden Ability parent?
2. Are you absolutely sure that Hordes give you HAs? I've been Skill Swapping for the last damn hour and all I get is Keen Eye.
3. What ball should I catch a Starly in?
Thanks for your time :)

Due to circumstances that I do not want to go on about, I cannot get on the Internet on my 3DS, this means that I can't go on the GTS, trade with other people online, or anything else. I am currently looking for a HA Starly, which believe me isn't the easiest thing because A. There's no Staravia in the FS and B. There's a whole ONE Starly horde in the game that is Rare and frustrating to find. Now since I don't have a HA Starly currently, I cannot pass it down through any means. There's probberly something obvious I've missed, but my questions are
1. Is there a way to breed Hidden Abilities without having a Hidden Ability parent?
2. Are you absolutely sure that Hordes give you HAs? I've been Skill Swapping for the last damn hour and all I get is Keen Eye.
HA can only be passed on when breeding with a HA parent. I can pass you a free spitback (in a normal Pokeball though and the parent was caught from horde :p), so just PM me if you need it. If not, WiFi requests thread is your friend. :)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Cruel Tortoise suggesting trading when HC already said he has no wifi :(

But yeah you're just getting really unlucky! Hordes do produce hidden ability 'mons (I've had murkrow try to haze my level 100 blastoise many a time before being drowned by surf (coz prankster)) so there's that. And yeah obviously you need a hidden ability parent to breed hidden ability babies. The RNG sucks but you've just gotta rough it out unfortunately...

EDIT: luxury or timer ball

Most of it has been covered above, but something else you may want to consider is obviously using something like role play to trace the ability to a specific starly.

From memory, the worst horde i've faced was slowpoke when trying to get regenerator! Every turn they each kept using yawn, lol. I would expect out of 2 hordes, you should be able to find one...

If I transfer a Pokerus-infected Pokemon from Black 2 to X, will it remain contagious?
Also with single-use hold items, do they regenerate after a wifi or maison battle? I've been too cowardly to test and apparently suck at google searching.

Hulavuta

If I transfer a Pokerus-infected Pokemon from Black 2 to X, will it remain contagious?
Also with single-use hold items, do they regenerate after a wifi or maison battle? I've been too cowardly to test and apparently suck at google searching.
Hi Odd Sponge Out, I know personally that the non-viral Pokerus will transfer, so I believe the contagious Pokerus should also transfer, but I'm not certain. A bit of searching on Google seems to suggest it should...

As for the single-use items, yes, they will always be replaced after a Maison or Wi-Fi battle.

Cruel Tortoise suggesting trading when HC already said he has no wifi :(

But yeah you're just getting really unlucky! Hordes do produce hidden ability 'mons (I've had murkrow try to haze my level 100 blastoise many a time before being drowned by surf (coz prankster)) so there's that. And yeah obviously you need a hidden ability parent to breed hidden ability babies. The RNG sucks but you've just gotta rough it out unfortunately...

EDIT: luxury or timer ball
Well, I sorta forgot about that. So, yeah, really sorry to Hclegend for making that dumb suggestion.

KingHeracrossTheBug You'd need more than just Roserade to rule UU since there are some dangerous opponents in UU that can stop it cold despite Roserade's quite good stats for the tier...

Not sure if I should ask right here, but what are the chances of finding a Darumaka in the route ahead of Castelia City in Pokémon Black 1? I wanted to do another Nuzlocke, and I want to know what are my chances of finding that Pokémon, and decided wheter I choose Tepig as my starter or risk finding something else there for my Fire-Type.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Not sure if I should ask right here, but what are the chances of finding a Darumaka in the route ahead of Castelia City in Pokémon Black 1? I wanted to do another Nuzlocke, and I want to know what are my chances of finding that Pokémon, and decided wheter I choose Tepig as my starter or risk finding something else there for my Fire-Type.
Serebii lists the encounter rate for Darumaka as 40%. Their Pokearth pages are pretty useful for this sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)