First OU Team :D

[Edit: Updated the Team]
Allo people of the inter-webs! I've always wanted to battle competitively, so I made this team here. The main focus is the Mega-Venusaur, sense the thing is a freaking tank! This is to be used on the meta-game Wi-fi battles. I am willing to change the whole team if necessary (which I think it is). So let us begin!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Original Team

Mega-Venusaur@venusaurite
Nature: Calm
Ability: Chlorophyll
-Synthesis
-Leech Seed
-Giga Drain
-EQ
EVs: 252 Def/ 252 HP/ 4 Atk

This is the main focus of the team. Mega-Venusaur is a beast tank with only two weaknesses being flying and psychic. He is to be used as a Def-wall and slightly as a staller.

Azumarill@choiceband
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Huge Power
-Play Rough
-Super Power
-Waterfall
-Aqua Jet
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Hp/ 4 SpD

This azumarill is part of this team to chase away those pesky dragons and Talonflame sweepers. This is a dangerous pokemon to beheld, being used for the common sweeper strategy.

Talonflame@Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
-Swords Dance
- Brave Sword
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP

One of the most annoying sweeper pokemon to date. Sweeping with priority Brave Bird and healing with Roost. It can easy destroy teams if not handled properly. It is very frail though and can easily be taken down with ST.

Carbink@light clay
Ability: Sturdy
- stealth Rocks
-light screen
-reflect
- explosion
Evs: 88 SDef/ 252 HP/ 168 Def

Used on the team as the dual screen setter as well as the stealth rocker. Then there is always the last suicide choice, which is not used well in this case. The light clay will have the screens up for 8 turns and the stealth rocks for Charizards, Talonflames, ect.

Goodra@assualt vest
Nature: sassy
Ability: Sap Sipper/ Gooey
-Sludge Wave
-Thunder Bolt
-Draco Meteor
-Flamethrower
EVs: 252 SDef/ 252 SAtk/ 4 HP

Goodra here is used for a SpDef Wall. With crazy high SpDef coupled with assault vest and a EV input it is can be scary. Goodra though can be hard to use being very slow and poor predicting can get it killed quickly.

Krookadile@Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
-EQ
-Crunch
-Stone Edge
-Outrage

This Krookadile is supposed to be a sweeper. With the Moxie ability and choice band it can munch right through some teams. With two immunities being electric and psychic it can help with venusaur's threats of psychic attacks.

OK, I know it's still a work in progress and I'm so sorry for being so brief with the description of the pokes. I jut feel like I don't have the battling experience to know what pokemon works well with what...at least to a complex degree. So please rate as honestly as you can., while I figure out how to use the forums edit ;b
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Revised Team So-Far

Mega-Venusaur@venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed
-Toxic
-Sludge Bomb
EVs: 252 Def/ 252 HP/ 4 Atk

Azumarill@choiceband
Ability: Huge Power
-Play Rough
-Super Power
-Waterfall
-Aqua Jet
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 SpD

Talonflame@Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
-Swords Dance
- Brave Sword
- Roost
- Flare Blitz

Carbink@light clay
Ability: Sturdy
- stealth Rocks
-light screen
-reflect
- explosion
Evs: 88 SDef/ 252 HP/ 168 Def

Goodra@assualt vest
Nature: sassy
Ability: Sap Sipper/ Gooey
-Sludge Wave
-Thunder Bolt
-Draco Meteor
-Flamethrower
EVs: 252 SDef/ 252 SAtk/ 4 HP

Krookadile@Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
-EQ
-Crunch
-Stone Edge
-Outrage

Last edited:
Hello, not a bad team but a lot of room for improvement.
Venasaur doesn't really need Giga Drain, I would suggest Toxic over it. Earthquake is good for Heatran and Bisharp.
Calm is fine as the nature.
Azumarill is a good Aqua Jet revenge killer so it can remain as it's. I would suggest speed over HP.
Talonflame is hard to figure out, (not sure if this your first RMT but your supposed write what each Poke does underneath it). I see SR kinda screws it up and when you use a turn to Roost of the damage any Poke could easily kill it cause of its frail defensives. So you need a spinner/defogger. You don't really need Carbink cause your not forcing many switches but I guess it's fine the only thing I see stopping it is. Taunt. You struggle for 3 turns while the other Mon gets to set up on you for pretty much free. I'd personally rather have a different Rocker but that's you choice. Goodra I used the exact same set as you and it works great except you have no recovery. Maybe wish support would be nice. Krookidle is not a bad Revenge Killer but in OU it is. Scarf Salamence would be much better over Krook. It gets Moxie and is a mixed attacker.
Also I'll post correct sets for these Pokes later but you have a lot of work on your team and how you write RMT's. You should go read the "How to make an RMT" thread first.
Anyways I'll write the new team for you later but for now see ya. :)

Krookadile and Carbink were the ones I was most willing to get rid of. If I use the Salamance then I would have two dragons and that always makes me feel a little iffy. ..I'm unsure which pokemon I should replace Carbink that would fit in this set...right now I'm leaning towards a Magic Bouncer Espeon, or perhaps a Forretress. There is just so many possibilities! 0-0

Last edited:
Heyyyyy, sorry for taking so long to get back. One word. School :p. Anyways it seems fine now, if you have a Pokemon Showdown account tell me what it is so we can test it. :)

you need to increase the length of your descriptions or this thread could be locked by a moderator. The rules witch can be found here, state that each mon must have a least 3 lines of description.

ok first thing change the 4hp ev's on talonflame to 4 def, because with the ev's that talonflame has a even number of hp and if you have an odd number you can switch into rocks 3 times. Next thing is you need a way to get rid of stealth rocks and other hazards. I recommend replacing carbink with latias. Latias provides you with much needed hazard removal, and can thier be specially defensive, or a good screen setter if that is what you need. I personally think carbink would be the better one to replace and run a supportive latias set like this.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Thunderbolt

This set allows you not only hit hard with life orb but to remove hazards, and give talonflame or another mon a second chance with life orb as well. Latias can also run both screens if you replace carbink and want them. also you really should not worry about having two dragon and the team as you have enough coverage in other mons cover the ice and fairy weakness.

finally replace superpower with knock off on Azumaril. Knock off is a great coverage move for choice band azumaril and allows it to cripple walls and Aegislash on he switch in.

hope this helps :)

edit: overlooked lack of rocks after latias replace you could run rocks on Krookadile

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)