My First Ever Competitive Team.

Swanna @ Damp Rock/Bold/Keen Eye
EV: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
1. Tailwind
2. Defog
3. Rain Dance
4. ?
Swanna is my lead. I use her to set up a tailwind and rain dance.

Barbaracle @ Focus Sash/Tough Claws/Jolly
EV: 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 Hp
1. Shell Smash
2. Stone Edge
3. Cross Chop
4. Razor Shell

Barbaracle is my go to pokemon after a pokemon dies I only switch him out if a pokemon dies so focus sash is effective and I can set up a shell smash and then proceed to sweep.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet/Iron Barbs/Relaxed
EV: 252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 Atk
1. Stealth Rocks
2. Spikes
3. Leech Seed
4. Thunder Wave

Ferroseed is used to annoy people and literally just cripple pokemon and set up my defences with stealth rocks and spikes.

Goodra @ Weakness Policy/Hydration/Modest
EV: 252 SpAtk / 252 Hp / 4 Spd
1. Rest
2. Rain Dance
3. Thunder
4. Dragon Pulse

If swanna dies early Goodra can come in with a rain dance and goodra is immensely good in the rain with thunder and I use goodra as a tanky sweeper.

Mawile @ Mawilite/Intimidate/Adamant
EV: 252 Hp / 252 Atk / 4 SpDef
1. Iron Head
2. Swords Dance
3. Play Rough
4. Sucker Punch

Another sweeper, chose mawile to give me needed coverage and can potentially dominate.

Rotom Wash @ Choice Specs/Levitate/Modest
1.Thunder
2. Hydro Pump
3. Will-O-Wisp
4. Trick

Rotom wash is a beast in the rain massive boost to hydro pump and thunder. This little guy will be beastly.
What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You need longer descriptions for your pokemon. If you dont change it soon, Jirachee will lock this thread. Also, you really shouldnt use swanna. Use something like tornadus as a rain setter and tailwinder. He is much better at that job.

I'm new to competitive battling so I don't have much detail to write for their descriptions but I thought swanna would be perfect. Swanna tailwind and raindance and I can then use her to remove hazards and screens. If I used tornadus who should I replace with a spinner or another poke who can learn defog?

Ununhexium

is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Maybe rotom wash. You could replace it with starmoe which retains the water typing as well as offensive presence.

Ununhexium

maybe. Are you implying you've never tested it? This is for battlers trying to fix a tested team. Not to build a new one entirely.

One last question. What is your opinion on mandibuzz instead of tornadus and starmie as it can learn those 3 moves and is OU? Or since I plan on sacrificing my lead so focus sash works with barbaracle would those 2 be better, keeping my spinner and the one I'm sacrificing separate.

Before a mod comes and locks your thread, write at least 3 lines about why each Pokemon is on your team. Ditch T-Wave on Ferrothorn. It's completely worthless on it, instead use Gyro ball (Give it 0 Speed IV's) to hit Fairies and have a reliable way to damage. Don't use Will-o-wisp on trick specs Rotom, use Volt switch since it's more of an offensive set and volt switch gives you a decent Electric type move to use when rain ends. Swanna is trash, use Mandibuzz. It's a lot bulkier and will stay on your team for a while, and since this team has a MASSIVE weakness to Aegislash,Mandibuzz will let you deal with it. Heres the set I use:

Mandibuzz
Ability: Overcoat
Item: Leftovers

EV's 252 HP 252 Def 4 Atk
Impish Nature
-Foul Play
-Brave Bird
-Roost
-Defog
Foul Play is to kill Aegislash when it tries to set up. Mandibuzz can actually take a +2 Sacred Sword and follow up with an OHKO from Foul Play. Brave Bird is too kill Conkeldurr which walls most Mandibuzz sets. (I believe Brave bird is a 2HKO)

Hi OultimoManiac, and welcome to Smogon! :D

Unfortunately, I don't think your RMT post meets the posting requirements as noted by the Other Teams RMT Rules; if you don't meet the requirements, your thread will get locked by a mod. ): Plus, you should specify your tier so other Smogon users such as myself can rate your team effectively. Is your team meant for XY Battle Spot Singles? OU? We won't know for sure until you specify.

Also, I'm glad more people are getting into the competitive scene! Good luck with your team, man. :]

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips. This thread is pretty much finished, so you can lock it, no point in editing it now, I'll keep the rules in mind for my next post. Thanks for all the help guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)