Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

How am I supposed to know where Zapdos will appear in Platinum. Also, do roamers have encounter slots?
The roamers don't have encounter slots :) They are generated when talking to Oak after beating the Elite Four :) Each bird have a different starting frame. I believe Moltres is on frame 1, so if you want to RNG all three birds, you should start with Moltres.
If you have already released the birds, KO the one you want to RNG, beat the Elite Four again, and then save in front of Oak and start RNGing it :)
Also, if you want to catch the birds, you should lead with a pokemon 1 level below the birds (with mean look) and go in and out of a route and see if it's there. Just repeat until you get it :)

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
How am I supposed to know where Zapdos will appear in Platinum. Also, do roamers have encounter slots?
http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpphgss_rng_part2#roamers

If all birds are there, they'll be in offsets 1-6-11, in order of the following arrangement: Moltres-Zapdos-Articuno.
If there are only 2, then the offsets will be 1-6, still using the same order (e.g. if Moltres is missing, then Zapdos will be 1 & Articuno 6)

I know what frame he'll appear on, I don't know what in game location he'll be in. Am I supposed to just walk east of Eterna City, do the advancements, and hope Zapdos appears there?

I know what frame he'll appear on, I don't know what in game location he'll be in. Am I supposed to just walk east of Eterna City, do the advancements, and hope Zapdos appears there?
I assume you did the advancements before releasing the bird? Yes, IIRC, I just walked back and forth in Eterna as well in hopes of finding it in the nearest patch of grass to capture and verify if I hit my target.

got my ID
but I have another problem
So I caught a shiny Pidgey in a Heartgold game which I ended up deleting because I used "change trainer ID" code which Pokecheck marks it as illegal which is why I came here.
problem is I have the Pidgey still with the illegal ID info ID but since its shiny and the shiny SID that I'm looking for on RNG reporter wont show up or is taking too long. How can I make my heart gold game have trainer ID 51044 and SID 30630 to match Pidgey?

EDIT: or at least keep the ID and different SID as long as its a shiny

got my ID
but I have another problem
So I caught a shiny Pidgey in a Heartgold game which I ended up deleting because I used "change trainer ID" code which Pokecheck marks it as illegal which is why I came here.
problem is I have the Pidgey still with the illegal ID info ID but since its shiny and the shiny SID that I'm looking for on RNG reporter wont show up or is taking too long. How can I make my heart gold game have trainer ID 51044 and SID 30630 to match Pidgey?

EDIT: or at least keep the ID and different SID as long as its a shiny
I think no matter what you do, Pidgey will still be illegal. For ID/SID, you just have to keep searching and hope you get a seed. There are some impossible ID combos though

I assume you did the advancements before releasing the bird? Yes, IIRC, I just walked back and forth in Eterna as well in hopes of finding it in the nearest patch of grass to capture and verify if I hit my target.
... Won't my frame get advanced by NPC's, walking, or Zapdos itself?

I don't think so, since once you hit your target and then release the bird (talking to Prof. Oak) corresponding to your target seed and advancements, frame becomes locked to that legendary bird alone after release.

... Won't my frame get advanced by NPC's, walking, or Zapdos itself?
No, you hit your seed and do your advances when right before talking to Prof Oak, because talking to him releases the birds :)
After you have released them, it won't matter how many steps you take etc, since they will have the same IVs every time until you KO them and respawn them :)

So how do roamers work in HGSS? Do I save the game, input their locations in seed to time, generate, attempt to hit the seed, and check their locations?

So how do roamers work in HGSS? Do I save the game, input their locations in seed to time, generate, attempt to hit the seed, and check their locations?
If you want to use the roamers to verify that you have hit your seed, then yes, that is what you do. You can also use Elm/Irwin calls to verify (Irwin is easiest since you don't need to do extra work for him)
If you are RNGing the roamers, you should KO the roamer you want to RNG, then go to the elite four and save on the step before the autowalk sequence with Lance. Then hit your seed and advance the frames before battling him. The roamer you KOd will then have respawned :)

If you want to use the roamers to verify that you have hit your seed, then yes, that is what you do. You can also use Elm/Irwin calls to verify (Irwin is easiest since you don't need to do extra work for him)
If you are RNGing the roamers, you should KO the roamer you want to RNG, then go to the elite four and save on the step before the autowalk sequence with Lance. Then hit your seed and advance the frames before battling him. The roamer you KOd will then have respawned :)
do you know if the shut down wi-fi in may 20 is going to affect dream world stuff ?

I have white 2 but i haven't played it yet and i'm planning to get a few dream wolrd pokes to start RNGed , and does it require wi-fi internet ?

do you know if the shut down wi-fi in may 20 is going to affect dream world stuff ?

I have white 2 but i haven't played it yet and i'm planning to get a few dream wolrd pokes to start RNGed , and does it require wi-fi internet ?
The Dream World has been closed since january btw :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)