Training Items only
36 hour DQ
All abilities
2 subs
No recovers
No chills
Challenger picks an arena

Queue
Canis Majoris vs ??? (2v2 LC Doubles) (ref: Ute)
??? vs. ??? (>=4 1v1 Singles) [Ref: CorruptedCheese] [WARNING: Complex Arena]
Zarator vs CorruptedCheese (1v1 NFE)
Fighterman481 vs ??? (3v3 FE Singles)
Mulan15262 vs ??? (3v3 NFE Triples)

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well, sending out an open challenge!

3v3 FE Singles
3 Day DQ
2 Subs
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
Training Items Only
All Abilities
Pick an arena, as long as it's not too complicated. I would prefer something other than the ASB Arena, although I'm OK with that.
If I forgot anything, pick that.
hi i want
YEAH MARIO KART PICK UP ITEM BOXES AND THROW THEM AROUND WOOHOO

At the end of each round, each Pokemon currently out on the battlefield has a 50% to crash into an item box and receive a consumable item to be used later in the match. A Pokemon may also expend 2 EN and an action to pick up an item box. A Pokemon with Pickup has a 70% chance to crash into an item box and needs to expend only 1 EN to pick one up. Each Pokemon may only hold one item at a time in addition to their standard battle item. An item can be used at the beginning of any action without taking up that action at priority +999 but needs to be specified in the action order. An item box will contain one of the following items, with probabilities and effects listed:
  • [27%] Green Shell: Deals 8 DMG
  • [27%] Banana Peel: Lowers the target's Speed by one stage and has a 30% to flinch it for an action
  • [13%] Red Shell: Deals 12 DMG at the end of the first action next round
  • [13%] Fake Item Box: Deals 4 DMG and destroys the next item an enemy picks up. Expires after two rounds.
  • [5%] Mushroom: Increases the priority of your attacks by 2 for the next two actions
  • [5%] Blooper: Reduces the accuracy of all enemies by two stages
  • [3%] Star: Decreases DMG taken and EN consumption by 100% for one action
  • [3%] Thunderbolt: Inflicts PRZ [15] and reduces the target's SC to 1 for three actions
  • [2%] Bob-omb: Deals 16 DMG and nullifies the opponent's attack if it uses a contact move. Expires after three actions.
  • [2%] Spiny Shell: Deals 20 DMG and causes the opponent to flinch if the target has more HP and EN than the user.

QUEUE
Mulan15262 vs ??? (3v3 NFE Triples) [ref: Avnomke]

I think it's just about time for me to commit referee suicide.

Issuing a battle to be reffed by your's truly:

13v13 FE Triples
Positioning=OFF
Switch=OK
All Items
2.5 Day DQ
All abilities
2 subs
2 Recoveries
5 Chills
ASB Arena

QUEUE
??? vs ??? (13v13 FE Triples) [ref: Psyco_Josho]

Reactions: Ute
Gonna get some training in...

Open Challenge:
3v3 LC Triples
Positioning=OFF
Switch=OK
Training Items
1 Day DW
All abilities
2 subs
2 Recoveries
5 Chills
ASB Arena

Queue:
??? vs ??? (13v13 FE Triples) [ref: Psyco_Josho]
Ff7hero vs ??? (3v3 LC Triples) (Ref=???)

Changing my battle:

13v13 FE Singles
Positioning=OFF
Switch=OK
All Items
2.5 Day DQ
All abilities
2 subs
2 Recoveries
5 Chills
ASB Arena

And also reffing ff7hero's battle.

Queue:
??? vs ??? (13v13 FE Singles) [ref: Psyco_Josho]
Ff7hero vs ??? (3v3 LC Triples) [ref: Psyco_Josho]

Changing my battle:

13v13 FE Singles
Positioning=OFF
Switch=OK
All Items
2.5 Day DQ
All abilities
2 subs
2 Recoveries
5 Chills
ASB Arena
I will be a part of this 13v13!

Queue:
AOPSUser vs ??? (13v13 FE Singles) [ref: Psyco_Josho]

Changing my match to 4v4 NFE Triples. Avnomke I'm alerting you since you are reffing it right now, so you can back out if you don't want to ref a 4v4 Triples.

Queue:
Mulan15262 vs ??? (4v4 NFE Triples) [ref: Avnomke]

Seeing as no one is interested in my previous free reffing, Removing it from the queue and replacing with the following:

1v1v1v1 (That's four players, folks)

Two teams of two will be randomized after pokemon are sent in and thread opened. Orders will be posted in the thread. If one team is completely eliminated before the other, the opposing team then splits and battles for the victory. Rewards will be awarded in the final round, regardless of when a player is knocked out of the competition.

The Titanic
After a randomly generated number of rounds, Pokemon will have to brace on tables, chairs, chandelier etc. This action has no energy cost and can be added to the end of any non cooldown action. If a trainer fails to order their pokemon to brace, the icy water will deal a flat 2 damage and a 20% chance of freezing.
By discretion of the ref and player's creativity, certain objects in the room may be used in an attacking manner. This will be discussed via PM and in the orders, will be posted as "Special Action".

Also Free Reffing on this arena:
First Circle of Hell ~ Limbo

Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: High
Format: All
Field Description: Essentially the ASB arena, however the sky is blood red–preventing weather from being used. Minos/the Referee presiding over the battle ready to pass judgment on the pokemon/loosing trainer
Restrictions:
  • No Weather
  • If a pokemon is in the arena for 3 cumulative rounds, the pokemon will be judged at the end of the third round it's in. Then the pokemon is categorised into one of the lower circles of hell. This is decided by a RNG roll between 1 and 8 (the eight remaining circles of hell). A pokemon can only be judged once and the judging remains permanent.
  • If the battle is shorter (i.e. an 1v1) or too many pokemon have fainted before reaching the third round to be judged the referee may reduce the time it takes to be judged or judge a pokemon instantly
The Circles of Hell:
  1. Lust - Contact moves heal 50% of damage dealt. When contacted by the opponent there is a 30% chance of infatuation regardless of the opponents gender, egg group or etc.
  2. Gluttony - 'Bite', 'Crunch' and any move with 'Fang' have base power increased by 2 to them before calculations. The user will be Sluggish the next action after use.
  3. Greed - The move 'Payday' is learnt by the pokemon for the battle (if Payday is already learnt the damage multiplied by 1.5). Payday will have -6 priority when used.
  4. Anger - The move Rage is learnt and both attacking stats are raised one rank. The accuracy of all attacking moves are lowered by 10%
  5. Heresy - The moves 'Taunt', 'Torment' and 'Nasty Plot' have their energy costs halved and are learned if not so already. The duration of these moves are doubled (Nasty Plot's boosts decay slower). Sound based moves will cause this pokemon to loose focus, making them confused for six actions.
  6. Violence - Close Combat, Beat Up (will always hit six times) and three random moves affected by Iron Fist (that it does not already know) are learnt. Moxie and Iron Fist become the pokemon's only abilities. The pokemon is slowed (-1 Speed) permanently.
  7. Fraud - All entry hazards (Spikes, Toxic Spikes & Stealth Rock), Mimic and Copy Cat are learnt by this pokemon. Due to its fraudulence the pokemon's highest attack rank is dropped by one rank.
  8. Treachery - The pokemon is covered in a veil of thick ice, reducing damage of incoming attacks by 3. However there is a 50% chance that the pokemon will be immobilised each action, this does not decay.

All others to be decided by challengers

Also:

Open Challenge!
4v4 LC Singles
KO Subs
One Ability
rest to be chosen by acceptor
Arena:
First Circle of Hell ~ Limbo

Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: High
Format: All
Field Description: Essentially the ASB arena, however the sky is blood red–preventing weather from being used. Minos/the Referee presiding over the battle ready to pass judgment on the pokemon/loosing trainer
Restrictions:
  • No Weather
  • If a pokemon is in the arena for 3 cumulative rounds, the pokemon will be judged at the end of the third round it's in. Then the pokemon is categorised into one of the lower circles of hell. This is decided by a RNG roll between 1 and 8 (the eight remaining circles of hell). A pokemon can only be judged once and the judging remains permanent.
  • If the battle is shorter (i.e. an 1v1) or too many pokemon have fainted before reaching the third round to be judged the referee may reduce the time it takes to be judged or judge a pokemon instantly
The Circles of Hell:
  1. Lust - Contact moves heal 50% of damage dealt. When contacted by the opponent there is a 30% chance of infatuation regardless of the opponents gender, egg group or etc.
  2. Gluttony - 'Bite', 'Crunch' and any move with 'Fang' have base power increased by 2 to them before calculations. The user will be Sluggish the next action after use.
  3. Greed - The move 'Payday' is learnt by the pokemon for the battle (if Payday is already learnt the damage multiplied by 1.5). Payday will have -6 priority when used.
  4. Anger - The move Rage is learnt and both attacking stats are raised one rank. The accuracy of all attacking moves are lowered by 10%
  5. Heresy - The moves 'Taunt', 'Torment' and 'Nasty Plot' have their energy costs halved and are learned if not so already. The duration of these moves are doubled (Nasty Plot's boosts decay slower). Sound based moves will cause this pokemon to loose focus, making them confused for six actions.
  6. Violence - Close Combat, Beat Up (will always hit six times) and three random moves affected by Iron Fist (that it does not already know) are learnt. Moxie and Iron Fist become the pokemon's only abilities. The pokemon is slowed (-1 Speed) permanently.
  7. Fraud - All entry hazards (Spikes, Toxic Spikes & Stealth Rock), Mimic and Copy Cat are learnt by this pokemon. Due to its fraudulence the pokemon's highest attack rank is dropped by one rank.
  8. Treachery - The pokemon is covered in a veil of thick ice, reducing damage of incoming attacks by 3. However there is a 50% chance that the pokemon will be immobilised each action, this does not decay.

Queue:
??? vs ??? vs ??? vs ??? (1v1v1v1 Doubles) [Ref: CorruptedCheese]
??? vs ??? (???) [Ref: CorruptedCheese]
CorruptedCheese vs ??? (4v4 LC Singles)

Last edited:

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
I hope I'm not making a mistake...
Taking ff7hero 's battle. Please be lenient on the DQ...

Queue:
Geodude6 vs ??? (1v1 FE Singles)

Accepting cbrevan's challenge.

Queue:
cbrevan vs S0L1D G0LD (2v2 LC Singles)

Reffing cbrevan vs S0L1D G0LD. Send me your teams when ready.

Queue:

Geodude6, I have you reffed. CorruptedCheese, I also have your 4v4 reffed.

Queue:
CorruptedCheese vs ??? (4v4 LC Singles) [ref: Psyco_Josho]
Geodude6 vs ??? (1v1 FE Singles) [ref: Psyco_Josho]

Serious match!
Bring 5 3v3 FE Singles
Switch=OK
All Items
2 Day DQ
All abilities
2 subs
2 Recoveries
5 Chills
ASB Arena

Queue:
Youngjake93 vs ??? (Bring 5 3v3 FE Singles)

All right, it's time for the third, and hopefully final, test of my new Gym Arena! If you want to get a crack at my Normal Pokemon to see how it'll go in an actual match, now's your chance to do so!

Open Challenge
3v3 Gym Test Singles (Maxim brings six Pokemon, Challenger brings three, though can bring six if they really want to)
2 Day DQ
Infinite Chills/Recoveries
EDIT: 1 Mega Evolution
2 Substitutions
Switch=OK
All Abilities
Items=On
Arena: The New and Improved Sonata Theatre!

Deep in the reaches of Castelia City in the Unova region, is a small corner where the Normal Gym of CAP ASB resides. At least, that's what you were told, but after exploring the city from end to end you have found nothing. You were warned that this gym was particularly difficult to find, but you didn't expect it to be this hard. Frustrated, you decide to stop in for a drink at some random coffee shop to refuel and review the directions you were given. After just a bit more walking, you find a place called the Cafe Sonata, and walk in for a drink. After ordering one, you sit in a corner of the cafe and bring out your map.

While you are reviewing the map, a man walks over and says "Say, you wouldn't happen to be looking for the ASB Gym around here would you?" You nod, and he chuckles a bit "Yeah, a lot of people get themselves lost on the way there, but I can show you where it is if you like." You swiftly take up his generous offer, and the man guides down several streets, until you finally reach a place called The Sonata Theatre. Raising your eyebrow a bit, you explain that you're looking for the gym, to which the man responds with "Yeah, it's here all right, I find it baffling that he set up shop here of all places, but hey, what can you do?" The two of you walk in, and you immediately notice a small poster noting a schedlue. What particularly strikes your interest are the events labeled "Baron Maximus's Gym", to which your guide explains "Yeah, that's the gym leader all right, he puts up a rather interesting performance every week with his gym matches. I'm sure you'll see soon enough."

Your guide directs you into the back of the theatre, explaining that you're one of the challengers for the gym here. In the back, you find a lot of up and coming thespians, stagehands, and other such people getting ready for something. Soon after you enter, a man in a blue longcoat approaches you.

"Ah, Hello, I trust you've found this place without too many issues?"

You shake your head, to which the man responds.

"Ah blast it, how many times do I have to tell the League to put down better directions to this place? Regardless, you're here now, and not a moment too soon. A few things about the arena before we get started. First, you can tell our stagehands to roll out a "Setting" every time you switch Pokemon. Don't worry overmuch about it, it just gives your moves a bit of extra oomph. Next, you'll want to pick out some props for your Pokemon. I have a large list of rules regarding it, but suffice to say it'll change your typing effectiveness just a little bit. That's pretty much all I have to say, just don't try and knock your opponent's props off, we can't have costumes going off in the middle of the production after all!"

Effects in Detail:

The Stage is Set:
1. Every time a Pokemon is sent out onto the battlefield, the trainer must choose a "Setting" to place his Pokemon in. All that is really required here is a typing that is strong in this setting. The setting can be anything the trainer can imagine flavor-wise, so long as it's in good taste. Whichever typing you choose will get +1 BAP for all moves of that type...for both sides of the field. This setting may change every time a Pokemon comes in, even if they have been in before. Important: You MUST choose a setting and specify what effect that setting has, otherwise it will default to a Normal Arena that gives +1 BAP to Normal typed moves.

The Characters Always come Prepared!:
2. Every Pokemon sent out on the field may, if they choose to do so, equip a prop. The props in this arena have a strange effect on Pokemon, and allow them to choose a resistance to gain, but also forces them to choose a new weakness. The prop itself will be equipped in addition to the current held item the Pokemon has, and can be anything the trainer can think of, so long as it's in good taste. Do note that this is not compulsory, and the trainer can choose to not equip a prop. Unlike Settings, these props are permanent and may not be changed if the Pokemon comes out again.

Check out these rulings to make sure you use your Prop effectively if you decide to use one. Be Warned: If you use a prop that violates any of these rulings, then the prop will instead keep all resistances the same, except with a flat 2x Normal Weakness (even overrides immunity).

Rulings:
a. A prop ticks a resistance/weakness either one tier up/down. For instance, a Pokemon that equips a fire resistant prop will have it's weakness shift from 2x to 1x, while it could also intensify his water weakness from 2x to 4x.

b. A prop must either create or intensify a weakness. This means that it can only heighten a type effectiveness that starts at Neutral or Higher.

c. Props do not count as items for the purposes of Fling, Unburden, etc.

d. If an ability interacts with a certain typing (such as Lightningrod) then the Pokemon's weakness/resistance is assumed to be changed according to that ability. (For instance, a Pokemon with Motor Drive would be assumed to have an immunity to electric attacks, while a Pokemon with Thick Fat would be treated as though it had a resistance to Ice and Fire.

e. Immunities cannot be affected by props at all.

f. Props cannot put a weakness past 4x, or a resistance past 1/4x.

g. The Normal typing cannot be affected by a Prop (basically, you can't say all Pokemon have Normal resistance)

h. Pokemon that can change their typing via abilities (Such as Castform, Kecleon, etc) cannot equip props.

i. Any moves that change the user's typing are considered disabled while they wear a prop. Moves that change an opponent's typing are banned.

The Show Must Go On:
3. Because it would be rude to knock off an actor's disguise during a performance, moves, abilities, etc that prohibit, knock off, destroy, or change the position of an item are not allowed.

The Script Must Be Followed:
4. If a Pokemon is forced out by a Switch-Forcing Move or a Red Card, that Pokemon's trainer can choose which Pokemon goes in next. (i.e. If the Leader's Snorlax uses Whirlwind on the Challenger's Lucario, the Challenger can choose whether to send in Slowking or Pyroak next)

A Day in the Limelight:
5. All Pokemon on the field can spend an action and 8 Energy on a Typeless Move called Shine Spotlight. This gets rid of all Evasion Boosts on the opponent (though not Double Team and similar moves). If the target is a Ghost type, then the light additionally has the properties of Foresight for six actions, otherwise it acts like Lock-On.

Tl:Dr Version
1. Make sure to set a typing for your Setting every time you send out a Pokemon
2. You may choose a prop to change your resistances/weaknesses by one each.
3. Items cannot be prevented from having their effect.
4. Switch Forcing moves and Red Cards allow the affected trainer to choose which Pokemon comes out, as opposed to it being random.
5. All Pokemon can use the move Shine Spotlight.

Last edited:
I'll take you on Maxim. I'm probably not ready for an actual Gym Battle, but hey, practice, right?

Queue:
Maxim vs Psyco_Josho (Maxim brings six Pokemon, Challenger brings three, though can bring six if they really want to)

Reffing Psyco_Josho vs Maxim. PM mons!

Queue:

I was going to make my own match, but I think I'll just take youngjake93's instead.

Queue:
Youngjake93 vs Psyco_Josho (Bring 5 3v3 FE Singles)

Reffing Psyco_Josho vs. youngjake93. Send mons!

Queue:

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Taking Canis Majoris match. Sending to Ute. And sure, I'll snag a slot from CorruptedCheese!

Queue:
Canis Majoris vs Birkal (2v2 LC Doubles) (ref: Ute)
Birkal vs ??? vs ??? vs ??? (1v1v1v1 Doubles) [Ref: CorruptedCheese]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)