Idea for android app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there. My name is Fowlron and I'm a new user here, so hello.
I'm here to say that, after reading an old thread about why this is not on mobile devices, from copyrights to needing to rewrite the code, I think I found a way to go around copyright's without too many code changes.

As I see that the site works flawless in the browser, I think it would be possible just to make the app's main screen have a button for "Edit teams" that would open another activity (or "screen") that would just get info from the site with an web API or something. The idea is not to make any code in the app to actually do the things, but just to interact with the site, with minor changes that would make it easier to drag sliders in the EV's screen, See the enemy's pokemon type, chat while fighting, etc.

This would make it easier to us, android users to use the site, would probably be good with copyrights since there is actually nothing actually "in" the app that is copyrighted. Everything that's got any copyright is in the site, not the app, which should be enough, and should need no changes to the site's code, or minor easy ones.

This should allow you to get some adds on the app to support it, or just to cover the initial expenses if uploading for android on play store, which only charges for sign up and no additional charges ever.

I'm not skilled enough with java or android (and no experience at all with apple devices) to make this, but I'm sure that we can find someone to do it.

Long short simple, it would be an app with a fancy main menu, some fancy buttons for a cool main menu layout and each button would open kind of a built in custom browser in the page for the team editor, battles or whatever.

What do you think about the idea?

Thanks for reading and sorry for the long post. See ya

Sunako

Although PS can be used on mobile browsers, I agree an app would be nice. However, considering the amounts of times it's been suggested, and the reasons behind why there isn't one already, I doubt a PS app will be made any time soon. To my knowledge, it was more than just copyright issues keeping an app from being made.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
a) use the suggestions thread if you have suggestions.
b) it clearly says in the OP of the suggestions thread not to suggest a mobile app unless you're willing to make it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)