Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 37 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah not interested in him. Might run Rotom wash as an alternate sweep, or smash pass Gorebyss. Still am undecided about the last slot. Wanna stick to special attackers since I am not gonna be passing a swords dance, unless I use smash pass. I guess it's worth mentioning that this is just a team im making for fun to use against friends. Not for use in OU or smogon anything really
Rotom wash counters talonflame which destroys scolipede

Rotom wash counters talonflame which destroys scolipede
Yeah but I also like having a full team of passers. Just makes the whole thing feel more unified. I think the point of the team is to make it gimmicky so that it wins, but not all the time. Like I said, my friends don't play super competitive teams. Just whatever is fun. If I just beat them all the time it's no fun for them or me ;-)

Thanks guys. Was mainly concerned with dealing with Conkeldurr and M-Venusaur so I was hoping I could fit in Extrasensory somewhere, but I guess I could use a Latios on the team to check them :]
I guess on a serious note, I use extrasensory, hydropump, dark pulse, and ice beam. You could switch dark pulse for hp fire and that would work

What would be a good fourth move for a Jolteon that doesn't have HP Ice against enemies like Garchomp? I've been using Hyper Beam on the off-chance that I'm left against a powerful counter with just Jolteon, I've also tried Substitute and Protect, neither really work well.

Also, how viable is a Dragon Dance Moxie Zen Headbutt/Crunch/Drain Punch Scrafty in high metagames?

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks guys. Was mainly concerned with dealing with Conkeldurr and M-Venusaur so I was hoping I could fit in Extrasensory somewhere, but I guess I could use a Latios on the team to check them :]
I think Conkeldurr would destroy Greninja with mach punch regardless. Also Greninja suffers from 4-move slot syndrome anyway, it usually achieves the best coverage with Hydro Miss/Ice Beam/Dark Pulse/HP Fire but loses the scouting of U-Turn (and also misses the point of running a mixed nature in the first place). I'd suggest to build a team and let the others decide which coverage is more needed.

What would be a good fourth move for a Jolteon that doesn't have HP Ice against enemies like Garchomp? I've been using Hyper Beam on the off-chance that I'm left against a powerful counter with just Jolteon, I've also tried Substitute and Protect, neither really work well.

Also, how viable is a Dragon Dance Moxie Zen Headbutt/Crunch/Drain Punch Scrafty in high metagames?
Roar?

Also:::
Still need opinions if this works for baton pass team.
Absol - #359 (Naive) :
31 / 31 / 31 / 24 - 25 / 31 / 31
Baton pass, ice beam, flamethrower, Sucker punch

On a Jolteon, probably the frailest Sp. Attacker in the entire game?

Even with the almost perfect IVs mine has, it still goes down to both Life Orb draining and at least one x1 damage attack.

Not necessarily viable, the only opportunities I'd have to Roar would be when they switch out their Poke or on a builder, and in either case it can easily just result in a switch/roar battle.

Also, concerning your Absol, do you have any Speed Boosting teammates? Do you plan on Speed Boosting Absol before it goes in? If so, I'd say replace Sucker Punch with Night Slash. Sucker Punch is really only useful against enemies you know are gonna be faster and 1HKO it. Night Slash is better situationally, and it's only a 15 damage loss.

Even with the almost perfect IVs mine has, it still goes down to both Life Orb draining and at least one x1 damage attack.

Not necessarily viable, the only opportunities I'd have to Roar would be when they switch out their Poke or on a builder, and in either case it can easily just result in a switch/roar battle.

Also, concerning your Absol, do you have any Speed Boosting teammates? Do you plan on Speed Boosting Absol before it goes in? If so, I'd say replace Sucker Punch with Night Slash. Sucker Punch is really only useful against enemies you know are gonna be faster and 1HKO it. Night Slash is better situationally, and it's only a 15 damage loss.
Forgot about roars priority... Doh.
And Sucker punch is to beat other priority users, like gale wing talonflame. Bullet punch scizor doesn't care about a boosted Sucker punch, but wouldn't want a flamethrower in the face. Venipede will be passing his speed boosts

Im assuming the other 3 are shadow ball, t bolt, volt switch? Pretty tricky to nail a garchomp with baby doll eyes on the way in..
Hello. I am about to participate in a high stakes match with my friend (1/4 of good on the line) I am desperate for a corphish with decent iv's to kick his ass with. I don't have much time so please pm me and let's work out a deal.
I love this post so much ill donate one to you if you can wait a couple hours till I get home..flawless jolly or adamant only problem is it'll be level 1 ut

Im assuming the other 3 are shadow ball, t bolt, volt switch? Pretty tricky to nail a garchomp with baby doll eyes on the way in..
Charm or Baby-Doll Eyes would actually be great ideas, but, I kinda evolved the Eevee to Jolteon as soon as I got it, so it has no Egg moves, Tutor moves, or Eevee moves bar Tail Whip.

Hello. I am about to participate in a high stakes match with my friend (1/4 of good on the line) I am desperate for a corphish with decent iv's to kick his ass with. I don't have much time so please pm me and let's work out a deal.
I still have the one I promised you a few days ago, it has perfect IV's in HP, Atk, and Sp. Def. Does it sound good enough?

Charm or Baby-Doll Eyes would actually be great ideas, but, I kinda evolved the Eevee to Jolteon as soon as I got it, so it has no Egg moves, Tutor moves, or Eevee moves bar Tail Whip.
Wait so is this an in game jolteon? If its bred and is 5iv you may get lucky and be hp dragon..it wont help against anything but garchomp but...its better than volt switch

Wait so is this an in game jolteon? If its bred and is 5iv you may get lucky and be hp dragon..it wont help against anything but garchomp but...its better than volt switch
In-game Jolteon, HP Dark.

And my problem is it's Shiny, which is why I don't just breed it to get a HP Bug or something else.

Would anyone happen to have a good-IV Timid Xerneas that they'd trade me? I have some things to offer. Let me know what sort of stuff you're looking for.

Just wondering, if I breed a chimchar to get the egg move thunder punch, then switch the parent chimp with the thunder punch one, witch is a male, then switch the other parent 4 another pokemon thats female with ann egg move i want to pass down, does the gender matter when trying to pass egg moves, because i dont want to be trying to breed 12.5% females just to swap the parent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)