Official NBA 2013 - 2014 Season Thread

Out of all the games to watch today I woke up too late and was stuck with Pacers x Hawks. Pacers just dropped so much they got Jeff Teagued

EDIT: Dropped in the sense they decided to randomly suck late in the season. Then Jeff Teague exposed them lel

Last edited:
Looks like the Boobcats will get swept after all, that is, if Al Jeff sustained a lingering injury.

At least Kemba didn't predict his team would win in six games against the Heat (looking at you, Jennings)

West: Spurs in 5, Thunder in 6, Clips in 6 (it should be 7 if not for Bogut's ribs) and Rockets in 6
East: Pacers in 6, Heat in 5 (had it 6 before if not for Al's injury), Bulls in 7 and Nets in 4 (Raps too young)

MVP: KD
DPOY: Hibbert (he's the best defensive player for MOST of the season)
ROY: MCW (stats matter in ROY)
Most Improved: Griffin
Coach: Hornacek
1st Team: Curry, Harden, KD, James, Noah
2nd Team: Paul, Wall, Love, Griffin, Howard
3rd Team: Lowry, Dragic, George, Aldridge, Duncan

Defense 1st Team: Rubio, George, Durant (look at his stats), Ibaka, Hibbert
Defense 2nd Team: Hill, J Butler, Iguodala, James, Noah

Millsap/Antics still proving to be a tough match-up for Hibbert as they were in the last regular season blowout home game for the Pacers. Jeff Teague is cool but the true culprit of those wins are the bigs who can shoot and pull Hibbert away from the basket.

Pacers are going to have their hands full.

Dubs got absolutely destroyed tonight.

Still, the series shifts back to Oracle tied at one.

If you're a Warriors fan, you've got to be happy about that.

These playoffs are extremely competitive and really there's no legit pick for a Finals Matchup so far. This year playoffs are exciting compare to recent years, the fact that there has been so many upsets and wild finish games so far such as...

• The Indiana Pacers losing at Home Vs the 8th Seeded Atlanta Hawks.
    The Charlotte Bobcats finally making the playoffs. But lose their best player Al Jefferson to a foot injury in the 1st Quarter of Game 1, something that might sideline him or limit him to his full potential, which would of benefited the Bobcats any chance on Winning.
    MY BROOKLYN NETS. Beating the Toronto Raptors at Toronto in that crazy frenzy crowd they had, and slowing down the young youth fresh legs of the Raptors. Paul Pierce definitely took over that 4th Quarter and sealed it for the Nets.
    Memphis Grizzlies pulling a MAJOR upset @ OKC in OT and Winning on the Road to tie it up at 1-1. Zach Randolph is a CANNON! can't beat that Man in a 1 on 1 matchup.
    The Blazers also Winning on the ROAD. Upsetting the Houston Rockets in OT.
    The Washington Wizards Winning on the Road against one of the top Defensive teams in the NBA, The Bulls.
    The Golden State Warriors Winning @ LA Clippers, but then to get blown out by 40Points on Game-2.

Just putting this out-here. These Playoffs have been well balanced so far. The fact that, so many teams are Winning on the ROAD makes it HUGE. Meaning NO team is Safe with Home-Court. Seems like every team is comfortable Winning on the ROAD this far. Let's see how it goes when Home-Court switches up for Games-3. I see a lot of Games-7 and a LONG playoff Series with a lot of teams!

OKC's going to sweep Memphis.
    Series is tied 1-1. Memphis maybe an 8th Seed. But they're a WAY better team than any 8th that has ever played in the past couple years in my opinion. Let me remind you this is the same team that beat OKC last year. Yeah, OKC did not have Westbrook. But they lost last night at Home WITH Westbrook. I actually see this Series going 7 games unless Westbrook pulls it together. The Man doesn't show up in the 4th at all.

Hawks are taking over. Our year finally!!
    Relax, Lol. It was an impressive Win, it really was. But Indiana is still the TOP seed in the East. If they can get another Win, then MAYBE you can get your hopes up some more...

darkie Gabe Thoughts ?!

Last edited:

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
These playoffs are extremely competitive and really there's no legit pick for a Finals Matchup so far. This year playoffs are exciting compare to recent years, the fact that there has been so many upsets and wild finish games so far such as...

• The Indiana Pacers losing at Home Vs the 8th Seeded Atlanta Hawks.
    The Charlotte Bobcats finally making the playoffs. But lose their best player Al Jefferson to a foot injury in the 1st Quarter of Game 1, something that might sideline him or limit him to his full potential, which would of benefited the Bobcats any chance on Winning.
    MY BROOKLYN NETS. Beating the Toronto Raptors at Toronto in that crazy frenzy crowd they had, and slowing down the young youth fresh legs of the Raptors. Paul Pierce definitely took over that 4th Quarter and sealed it for the Nets.
    Memphis Grizzlies pulling a MAJOR upset @ OKC in OT and Winning on the Road to tie it up at 1-1. Zach Randolph is a CANNON! can't beat that Man in a 1 on 1 matchup.
    The Blazers also Winning on the ROAD. Upsetting the Houston Rockets in OT.
    The Washington Wizards Winning on the Road against one of the top Defensive teams in the NBA, The Bulls.
    The Golden State Warriors Winning @ LA Clippers, but then to get blown out by 40Points on Game-2.

Just putting this out-here. These Playoffs have been well balanced so far. The fact that, so many teams are Winning on the ROAD makes it HUGE. Meaning NO team is Safe with Home-Court. Seems like every team is comfortable Winning on the ROAD this far. Let's see how it goes when Home-Court switches up for Games-3. I see a lot of Games-7 and a LONG playoff Series with a lot of teams!

Series is tied 1-1. Memphis maybe an 8th Seed. But they're a WAY better team than any 8th that has ever played in the past couple years in my opinion. Let me remind you this is the same team that beat OKC last year. Yeah, OKC did not have Westbrook. But they lost last night at Home WITH Westbrook. I actually see this Series going 7 games unless Westbrook pulls it together. The Man doesn't show up in the 4th at all.

Relax, Lol. It was an impressive Win, it really was. But Indiana is still the TOP seed in the East. If they can get another Win, then MAYBE you can get your hopes up some more...

darkie Gabe Thoughts ?!
Grizzlies are the 7th seed and YTP was joking

Nene is just too much for Joakim to handle. Too strong, too quick, and too skilled. He produces whether you play him close or far away, and if Wall/Beal are having good games, the more the merrier.

Pacers went small to counteract Millsap/Antic. Nice.

Houston doing the same mistake Orlando did in the day: feeding Howard in the post and making everybody stand around. He just isn't a dominant big man offensively.

And Aldridge can't be guarded by anybody on the Rockets. Howard isn't used to guarding pick and pop big men. Asik is too slow. TJ is too small. Lilliard doesn't help things if he gets going.

Last edited:
Houston doing the same mistake Orlando did in the day: feeding Howard in the post and making everybody stand around. He just isn't a dominant big man offensively.
Well, Howard was in a conference where nobody can defend him; Stan was right on making him dominate in the post to attract double teams. But agree with you that Houston shouldn't just copy that. I'd like to see more Harden-Howard P&R (Harden was great at that in OKC).

And yeah, Portland is plainly attacking Howard-Asik-Jones vulnerability on defense thru a very smart LMA offense (face-up vs Howard/Asik, post vs Jones), especially they know Beverly will be pesky on Lillard.

I'm glad Mavs won, but it's worrying for the Spurs that the Mavs held 2-digit leads over them in the 4th quarter.

Man, this West is getting tougher through years.

Okay, Aldridge is a beast lol. I had Portland winning it from the beginning and with the way Aldridge is playing right now, I don't think the Rockets will be able to comeback unless they have an answer for him. He is beating them in a lot of ways and the Blazers also have outside threats that can light it up if they need to.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Aldridge has found another level in his game. It's like watching Curry vs the Nuggets last year but even more impressive.

the Pacers, whose best player was purportedly probably its center, are losing to a losing team missing its best player / center

sports are the best, go Hawks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)