Veni, Vidi, Vici

Hello everyone, n0b/n00b here, and welcome to my first RMT! Some of you have probably seen me around in the ubers room on PS, and have probably seen this team already. I initially made this team as a sort of joke, but it turned out to be fairly successful. I recently hit first on the ladder with this team, so I've decided to RMT it (and probably retire it). The team I'll be sharing is of my favourite playstyle: Hyper Offense. Without further ado, here it is.

Warning: walls of text ahead.

I initially decided to build a team around two of the tier's most frightening offensive forces: Ekiller Arceus and Geoxern. Both of these provide immense offensive power, to the point where each and every team in the tier must have some way of dealing with these two. Arceus kills with its physical attacks, Xerneas kills with its special attacks, simply put, and it is difficult to handle both of these at once.

I then proceeded to continue piling on the offensive power. Blaziken was a good choice - with Protect, it is capable of revenging even fast threats, cleaning up quite well in the early game and smashing holes into almost anything that doesn't resist its STABs. Additionally, it would help in tearing through the Steel types that both Arceus and Xerneas somewhat dislike (looking at you, Aegislash).

Of course, that was not nearly close to being enough. The team still had many flaws in it, and a whole bunch of Pokemon that it still had trouble breaking through. And so I stuck in Yveltal, my favourite Pokemon to come out in X/Y. Great mixed offensive stats with Dark Aura and a Life Orb boost meant that it could easily tear through many walls that the team would otherwise struggle with, like Giratina, Lugia or Aegislash. It would also serve as a stallbreaker with Taunt - turning Blissey, Chansey, Ferrothorn and many others into near dead weight.

At this point, I was laughing to myself. I just stuck 4 of the most powerful offensive threats into a team, with very little regard to team synergy. And so, my obvious next step was simple: add more offensive power. This time, it came in the form of a suicide lead - Deoxys-Attack. With incredible offensive stats, excellent speed, and access to Stealth Rocks, it could come in, set up rocks to punish switches, break sashes and multiscale and ruin Ho-oh's day, and then leave a large gaping hole in whatever was out with an incredible array of offensive moves.

Last but not least, I had to stick a 6th Pokemon on here. For this, I chose a rather unconventional Pokemon running a rather unconventional set - banded Genesect. With the arrival of Gen 6, the Lati twins and Rayquaza have all but disappeared for various reasons (Gamefreak pls give soul dew back), and so Genesect has lost much of its niche. However, at the same time, it found a new niche: a Pokemon that could resist the new Fairy type, while dishing out huge damage to them in the form of a STAB boosted Iron Head. With Choice Band and a somewhat situational ability in download, it provides excellent offensive ability, along with the ability to gain some momentum through a very strong u-turn, giving the many offensive forces on this team a few more chances to come in.

A quick overview

6 potent offensive threats. HO is the embodiment of the adage, "the best defense is a good offense". This team is no different. Deoxys-A serves as the lead, setting up rocks to break sashes, multiscale, and punish the inevitable switches that this team will force. All 6 Pokemon are there to do one thing: kill as many Pokemon as they can before they themselves are killed. Again, like any other HO team, there is very little switching with this team - none of these Pokemon particularly enjoy getting hit. As such, it is a team that requires some thought in playing, but can be quite devastating if played well. Unfortunately, most of these sets are horribly standard and overused. However, I feel that this team's greatest strength is in how well it works together to break more or less any single Pokemon in the game, applying constant offensive pressure in order to maintain an advantageous position.

The team

Deer (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 64 Spd / 252 SAtk / 192 HP
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Nice and simple, Geomancy Xerneas. I'm sure most of you already know how powerful this Pokemon is. The EVs are to balance bulk and speed, allowing it to survive a surprising number of threats with its good natural bulk with a good deal of investment, as well as outspeeding all relevant threats at +2 speed.

The moveset is also fairly standard - I opted for psyshock and hp fire over thunder and focus blast simply because I dislike how unreliable those two moves are. Moonblast more or less kills anything that isn't specifically there to check it. Psyshock hits Pokemon like ho-oh and blissey on their weaker defensive stat, 2hkoing the most common sets for both at +2.

+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 211-249 (50.7 - 59.8%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 350-412 (53.6 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Finally, HP Fire hits steel typed threats like Scizor, Ferrothorn and Aegislash. Given the right conditions, this Pokemon can easily win a game all by itself. This is mainly intended to get in whenever it has a free chance and its checks are down, set up, and sweep.

Fuck quagsire (Arceus) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 240 HP / 16 Spd
Naughty Nature
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Shadow Claw
- Grass Knot

Another fairly simple Pokemon, Extremekiller Arceus. I opted for a bulky Lum set because my team already struggles very much with status - having a Pokemon that could take status once without being completely crippled is a godsend on this team. Again, the EVs are to be bulky to survive a number of threats and even set up on them, while outspeeding neutral base 90s.

Swords dance and extreme speed are both fairly obvious, shadow claw to dish out damage to ghosts and steel types. Last, and again certainly not least, we have grass knot. No, I am not kidding, no that was not a typo and yes I am entirely insane. Grass knot, even with no investment, no life orb and a hindering nature still does its job extremely well, surprising opponents with 2HKOs or OHKOs on opponents that expect to wall this with Groudon, Hippowdon and Quagsire. I originally had bullet seed here as a kind of joke, but another player, Orch, suggested grass knot instead (which I really didn't think of initially). Sometimes I really wish I had Earthquake over this (e.g. against bulkier steel types and to avoid King's Shield shenanigans with Aegi), but for the most part it isn't a huge issue. You can replace this if you want, obviously.

This Pokemon is not only great for sweeping and cleaning, but also for revenge killing weakened offensive threats.

420BlazeKick (Blaziken) @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Knock Off

Yet another standard set, Mega Blaziken. An incredible attack stat with some very high powered STABs, a good speed tier and an amazing ability in speed boost make it an incredible offensive force, one that teams are often unprepared for. The EVs are self explanatory, with choice of jolly instead of adamant, solely for guaranteed outspeeding (at +1) scarfed threats like ogre.

Flare Blitz and Low Kick are the two STABs, with Flare Blitz doing very nice damage to pretty much everything, but at the cost of some HP. Low Kick is slightly less reliable in its damage, but still hits most of the Pokemon on the tier for max power (ubers is full of fat Pokemon). I picked low kick over high jump kick because if its improved accuracy and reduced risk. Protect is also immensely useful on this team - by guaranteeing it a +1 boost and a mega evolution into its slightly faster form, along with the choice of jolly over adamant, it can revenge a whole bunch of threats like scarf kyogre, scarf zekrom and more. Finally, to round off the set, we have knock off, which gained an impressive buff this gen. With it, you can hit Pokemon like giratina and ho-oh which would otherwise ruin blaziken, as well as getting rid of their items (and very few Pokemon enjoy losing their items).

This Pokemon is used best as a revenge killer, as well as a late game cleaner, or even just to punch holes into teams earlier in the game.

BACON (Yveltal) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Again, another horribly standard set, the classic mixed attacker Yveltal. EVs again are standard, focusing on speed and spatk to maximize damage. Life orb stacks multiplicatively with dark aura and stab; for those of us less mathematically inclined, it just means that dark moves coming from this guy do a ton of damage. With dark being one of the best offensive types in the game, with an excellent secondary stab in flying, Yveltal can dish out serious damage to whatever happens to be in front of it.

Dark pulse is the main attacking move on this set, doing massive damage to anything that doesn't resist. Oblivion wing also does a huge amount of damage, while recovering a good deal of damage, healing up any damage it may have taken from enemies, rocks, LO or whatever. Sucker punch is great for taking out threats that could otherwise outspeed and threaten it, doing massive damage even without much investment in atk, usually putting the unfortunate victim in range for a revenge kill from one of the many revengers on this team, as well as serving as an excellent tool for revenge killing. Finally, taunt turns the most common sets of giratina, lugia, blissey and other similar mons into useless paperweights, removing most of their utility (no healing for you) and allowing Yveltal to avoid getting statused, giving it even more chances to kill things.

Yveltal here functions more as a stallbreaker, as well as breaking a number of walls that the team might otherwise struggle with (e.g. Lugia). With a good speed stat and access to the strongest priority in the game in the form of Dark Aura and STAB boosted Sucker Punch, it also serves as a very good revenge killer.

FSM (Deoxys-Attack) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psycho Boost
- ExtremeSpeed
- Low Kick

Again, a standard set in suicide lead Deoxys-A. Most of the time, it leads, but if I see something like kanga on the enemy team, I'll probably switch out to something like gene to avoid giving a 1 mon advantage to the other team right off the bat. Its goal is fairly simple: set up rocks, then deal a lot of damage before dying. Psycho boost is perfect for that, as an extremely high powered stab coming off of an extremely high spatk. Low kick hits any steel types that might be around, which would otherwise not take very much damage from Psycho boost. Extreme speed rounds off this set, allowing it to deal some damage to things like timid scarf ogre after it has set up rocks and lost its Sash. If Deo-A is somehow still alive after the first few turns, it can be used again later, again as an excellent revenge killer.

Big Bad Bug (Genesect) @ Choice Band
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- ExtremeSpeed
- Explosion

Genesect is the odd one out - it is somewhat unusual in that it lacks coverage for so many Pokemon. At first glance, the choice of moves just seem bad - it lacks serious offensive power without the atk boost, and its moves are resisted by so many Pokemon (e.g. Almost any steel type). But at the same time, each and every move on this set is almost mandatory.

U-turn is self explanatory - with band, STAB and a potential free atk boost, it can dish out a nice chunk of damage while gaining the team some momentum, getting free switch ins for the team. Iron head does a massive amount to Fairy types, ohkoing Pokemon like max def CM xern after rocks which could otherwise be a threat (assuming you get the atk boost). Extreme speed is, unfortunately, somewhat weak, but is incredibly useful considering the lack of speed that the band set has. With it, you can revenge weakened threats, clean up weakened teams and dish out some damage in emergency situations. Finally, to end this RMT with a bang, we have explosion. It is incredibly powerful with the right boost, and still doing huge damage without. When Genesect is almost dead, you can go out with a boom to dish out a huge amount of damage to whatever decides to be in your way. For example, max def Ho-oh is obliterated by this - with the atk boost (which genesect will certainly get from ho-oh), it can easily outspeed and ohko with explosion.

Threat list

Defensive threats

Klefki - There are not enough words I can use to describe how much I hate this Pokemon. Swagger sets are just an indication of the horrible character of the person using it, while other, more humane sets are still a huge issue for this team. Firstly, its typing gives my entire team a very hard time - it resists almost all the attacks on this team, and is only really threatened by Blaziken. Even then, a Prankster twave will cripple Blaziken, screwing things up even further.

Support arceus - Unfortunately, this fairly common Pokemon gives my team a bit of trouble. With its good bulk, it can survive repeated hits from more or less any Pokemon on my team, assuming that I'm not hitting super effectively and that I haven't set up yet. With its good speed and bulk, it can almost always get a defog on Yveltal, which cannot outspeed and Taunt a good deal of the time. Steelceus and fairyceus in particular often give this team a good deal of trouble, resisting many of the team's attacks and dishing out damage or burns to much of the team.

Ho-oh - This bird is another nuisance to this team, especially if rocks aren't up. Sacred fire burns are never fun, and its attacks, even uninvested, are a serious threat to most of the Pokemon on the team. Special attacks struggle to break through this Pokemon's stellar spdef, and the physical attackers are either too frail (Blaziken, Genesect) to break through this, or they just don't like the burns (Arceus). Stealth rock, Lum on ekiller and Explosion on Genesect is my usual way of dealing with this, though Sucker Punch + Taunt on Yveltal is also a good way to deal with it (assuming it doesn't get burned).

Shuckle/sticky web - Fairly self explanatory - HO teams absolutely hate having web up on their side of the battle. With mental herb and sturdy, there is literally no way I can stop Shuckle from at least getting down webs, except with something like an Iron Head flinch. Obviously, this team has no defog, so once it's there, it's there. The reduced speed is somewhat ignored by the numerous priority moves on this team, but it's still not very fun at all.

Sableye - A rarer Pokemon, but still one that poses a danger to this team. Ekiller is more or less hard walled by max def variants - it is immune to espeed, and so I have to use Shadow Claw, which is lower priority than Sableye's Prankster Will-o-wisp. After it's burned up my Lum berry, it can burn me again, then spam recover to regain its health back up to full. Additionally, it burns my Genesect which it absolutely hates, is immune to all 3 of my moves on Deo-a, and can take a few repeated hits from Blaziken while recover spamming, forcing Blaziken to deal huge damage to itself through flare blitz. Yveltal is the best bet against this Pokemon, as it doesn't mind the burn too much, but is still an annoyance.

Blobs - Chansey, in this case, hard walls Xerneas, Deo-a, and to a lesser extent, Yveltal. Yveltal can taunt, but it still cannot do very much damage to it. Blissey is a little easier to deal with, having lower defenses, but is still a pain to break through.

Giratina, Lugia - These two are typically dealt with by Yvetal, which either kills them or forces them out. Again, taunt is incredibly useful, while just hitting them with Dark Pulse is also a good option. Blaziken is also immune to burns from Giratina (but doesn't like any of the other status moves), while giving it some trouble with Knock off.

Aegislash - A shitty Pokemon in general in ubers imo, but still an issue for this team. Without EQ, Ekiller has to make sure it doesn't hit Aegi when it King's shields, similarly with Blaziken. It also hard walls everything else on this team, save for Yveltal, which forces Aegislash out most of the time.

Offensive threats

Ekiller - Oddly enough, ekiller is a huge issue, especially speedy LO sets. Even without investment, this Pokemon is fairly bulky, and is capable of tearing through my team. My best bet is to smack it around before it sets up, and hope it doesn't crit and OHKO my own Ekiller. Xerneas is also a very shaky check to this, surviving

Lucario - Especially with webs up, this is one of the most underrated offensive threats in the tier (in my opinion), and it can absolutely tear through my team. 0 of my Pokemon outspeed this Pokemon naturally (when Lucario is in its mega form), and it resists any priority my team has. In addition, it resists a whole bunch of moves that my team has, making it somewhat difficult to kill. With webs up, even my Blaziken is powerless to stop it - one turn of protect only brings my Blaziken up to +0 speed, meaning that it is still slower, and it will get OHKO'd by close combat. My only way of dealing with this is hoping that it doesn't have iron tail (or it misses iron tail) and my xerneas is healthy and at max hp, or hitting it with Yveltal's owing before it mega evolves, or somehow having Deoxys (with sash intact) or Blaziken out (with at least +1 speed)

Xerneas - Despite its overwhelming offensive presence in this tier, geoxern is actually one of the Pokemon that I have almost no trouble dealing with. Basically any Pokemon on this team is capable of bringing it down to KO range for one of the Pokemon with Espeed. Most commonly, I find Geoxern setting up on my Yveltal. Assuming that it isn't a horribly shitty set running max speed timid, Yveltal usually can get in an owing, followed by a sucker punch, bringing it down to enough heal to revenge with espeed from ekiller or gene. On the other hand, Calm Mind sets are usually more defensive in terms of EVs (i.e. not max speed), which allows my Genesect to outspeed and dish out huge damage with iron head (assuming that Xerneas has already gotten at least one CM boost, download will give Gene an atk boost).

Offensive Ghostceus - A somewhat rarer threat this gen, but still a dangerous Pokemon. CM and SD sets both give this team some trouble, as most of the priority in this team are espeed (which is normal type). Yveltal is the best bet against these, as Sucker Punch will be usually sufficient to take out most ghosty sets, given a little bit of prior damage.

Ho-oh - In particular, the banded sets give this team some trouble. Most of the Pokemon can deal a good amount of damage to this, but at the cost of their life, or a burn from Sacred Fire. Again, the best bet against this is my Lum berry, Sucker Punch or just keeping rocks up.

Scarfed things - Threats like Kyogre and Zekrom give this team a little bit of trouble, but not too much. Tons of priority, as well as Protect on Blaziken allow my team to revenge these threats fairly well.

Ditto - Ditto does what ditto does and ditto ruins everything. I have to be careful while setting up when ditto is alive, because I really don't want to get counter swept by a +2 ekiller (which my team already has trouble dealing with). For the most part, so long as it doesn't lock itself into a priority move, I can usually deal with it just fine, but careful play is still needed to take this Pokemon down.

Shoutouts
Too lazy to mention all you scrubs in the Ubers room one by one but you know who you are. Additional shoutouts to those who I've haxed to death on the ladder (sorry) and "fuck you"s to those who have defeated me through the use of bloody Swagplay.

And there you have it, my team. If you've just skipped all the way to the end because TL;DR, then I'll give you a short summary - send out Pokemon, kill other Pokemon, win. ez game ez lyfe ggwp

Feel free to rate, steal, share, trash talk, or whatever.

Fuck quagsire (Arceus) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 240 HP / 16 Spd
Naughty Nature
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Shadow Claw
- Grass Knot

Deer (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 64 Spd / 252 SAtk / 192 HP
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

420BlazeKick (Blaziken) @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Knock Off

FSM (Deoxys-Attack) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psycho Boost
- ExtremeSpeed
- Low Kick

BACON (Yveltal) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Big Bad Bug (Genesect) @ Choice Band
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- ExtremeSpeed
- Explosion

EDIT: K guys I enjoy and appreciate the shitposting quality rates but I'm not gonna be using this team anymore, so I won't edit the original post with your suggestions (but I will keep them in mind for future teams), feel free to fix anything you might want to fix for yourself tho (and keep sharing suggestions those are always nice).

Last edited:
Triple posting cuz fuck it, ur sets are just so damn terrible
Shadow claw gk ekiller over eq fire blast kills me
Everything else is "standard", but u just dont know how to build a damn team
Ask dice to coach u pls

nice shit team IMO
0/10 would not steal
anyways on to the rate
Use thunder over psyshock on xern for better coverage and if you are afraid of missing use tbolt which is piss weak.
Use 104hp/28def/252spa/124spe on xern which lets you outspeed mewtwo in webs after geo.
Use jolly lum ekiller and use fire blast instead of GK which lets you hit more important targets IMO.
Use adamant blaze for more power since most of the scarfers are neutral base 90.
Use naive on deo-a to tank rapid spins.

Last edited:
Forget what I said earlier, just realized all these people are joking, my bad. I'm really dumb for not reading all the way through O.o

Anyway, great team n00b; congrats on number one on the ladder!

Last edited:
%n00b: I welcome all trash talking and shit posting

even tho there is no way for my rate to be as based as Li's,

placeholder for when i actually do decide to rate, still congrats tho on Number 1 lol :]

everyones beaten n00b hundreds of times, imo

#LiForPresident2014
Thanks bro, knew I could count on you ily <3

Seriously though, I'm p sure the only reason n00b is #1 is bc he haxed chubby .-.

You're using Ekiller and GeoXern on the same team you fgt

No seriously, even if I hate the EKiller+GeoXern bs core so much, this team is fucking scary to fight against and basically puts all the pressure on a team's utility check(s) in order not to get ripped apart (at least from what I've seen). Good job tho, but maybe try climbing the ladder with a not so generic boring OP team u scrub

Seriously, what's so bad about Ekiller+GeoXern? You can't call it a core but at least they're good Mons..
Oh it's fine, I'm just legging n00b's pull. I'm just sick and tired of seeing multiple GeoXerns and EKillers on the same team (but at least this team has multiple mons that cause offensive pressure).

Personally, I would use earthquake over shadow claw on your ekiller, since you have geoxern to demolish giratinas anyways. Yveltal can handle ghostceus easily too.

I'm not a really fan of this team, mostly because of Kangaskhan weakness which you didn't note n_n. I would rate this team as 4/10 due to the length of your troublesome stuff and major Kangaskhan weakness. Decent try I guess.

Personally, I would use earthquake over shadow claw on your ekiller, since you have geoxern to demolish giratinas anyways. Yveltal can handle ghostceus easily too.
I wouldn't do that, you'll feel dumb get one of your mons burned just cus ur LUM BERRY Arceus doesn't have a ghost type move to hit them with n_n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)