Other XY OU Viability Ranking Thread (V2) (Last update on post #5189)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Eviolite didn't exist (in Gen IV) Blissey used to had this set as the main set:
Blissey Leftovers
EV: 252 HP 252 Def 4 SpD Nature: Bold
-Thunder Wave/Toxic/aromatherapy
-Flamethrower/Ice Beam
-Seismic Toss
-Softboiled

And worked very well.

Chansey can't use an elemental attack. And Leftovers is more important for a wall that you think. Furthermore, it's the item most missed by difference when you have to use the Mega Stone. I used Mega Gardevoir and it really miss Leftovers.

Even though Chansey > Blissey in general, Blissey has three niches; Leftovers while taking almost the same for many special attacks, having a possible attack for specific threats, and less crippling from random Knock Offs from things like Mandibuzz, Venusaur and Sableye. Not Knock Offs from Bisharp, Weavile, Crawdaunt and Conkeldurr

Last edited:
I heavily disagree with that ranking of Nidoking, it may be outclassed by Landorus as a Sheer Force plus Life Orb user, but you cannot deny his stellar coverage and wall breaking potential. Nidoking can abuse Sticky Web and sweep even easier. Maybe Nidoking is bad but not D rank. Nidoking for C+ rank. It can be effective given the right support and it's flaw is its stats which can be easily fixed by Sheer Force plus Life Orb and Sticky Web.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just a tiny little thing to say: I think Mega Charizard X should be placed in front of Mega Charizard Y in the OP, since everything else is in alphabetical order. Just makes things seem more professional and neater to me.
That, along with the definition of D rank.
D Rank: Reserved for Pokemon who have a small niche in the current OU metagame, but have very noticable flaws that make them more trouble then they're worth the majority of the time.
should be
D Rank: Reserved for Pokemon who have a small niche in the current OU metagame, but have very noticeable flaws that make them more trouble than they're worth the majority of the time.

When Eviolite didn't exist (in Gen IV) Blissey used to had this set as the main set:
Blissey Leftovers
EV: 252 HP 252 Def 4 SpD Nature: Bold
-Thunder Wave/Toxic/aromatherapy
-Flamethrower/Ice Beam
-Seismic Toss
-Softboiled

And worked very well.

Chansey can't use an elemental attack. And Leftovers is more important for a wall that you think. Furthermore, it's the item most missed by difference when you have to use the Mega Stone. I used Mega Gardevoir and it really miss Leftovers.

Even though Chansey > Blissey in general, Blissey has three niches; Leftovers while taking almost the same for many special attacks, having a possible attack for specific threats, and less crippling from random Knock Offs from things like Mandibuzz, Venusaur and Sableye. Not Knock Offs from Bisharp, Weavile, Crawdaunt and Conkeldurr
That doesn't apply to XY. Salamence, Garchomp, Scizor, and Flygon were near-ubiquitous in DPP. Also, Wish wasn't listed because it healed 50% of the recipient's HP, not using 50% of Blissey's HP. Essentially, for an offensive move to work this gen on Blissey it has to be on a switch. Leftovers is the ONLY advantage

I'm not a very prominent ou player and I can't give my input on the rankings themselves, but I do agree that the ranking definitions should be changed. If 99% of teams that wants a pink blob use Chansey (which most people seem to agree on) then that's not as relevant a niche as something could be good but has a lot of flaws as well. Maybe the C rank should hold pokemon that are "mostly eclipsed" and the D rank should have ones that are "almost completely or completely eclipsed". For now, this is meant to be a guide on what pokemon newer players should use so we don't have to abide strictly by the ranking definitions. I think if enough people say Blissey (almost) completely outclassed by Chansey, it should go in D.

I'm honestly wondering why Hawlucha is C- instead of D. I used it a bit from writing its analysis, and it has so many crippling flaws that I can't see why it should even be in C-. Here are a few of luchabird's most prominent downsides:
  • Checked or countered by a ridiculous number of common threats in the metagame, namely Aegislash, Thundurus, Pinsir, Talonflame, and even more less common threats such as Zapdos
  • Literally next to no reason to be used as a sweeper over Pinsir or Bulk Up Talonflame
  • Very priority-weak in a metagame that is filled with priority
  • Incredibly frail
  • Lacks the power to beat physical walls even at +2
  • Is laughed at by both Unaware users
Honestly, Hawlucha has so many crippling flaws in the current metagame that I can't see how you could justify it being above D rank.

Blissey should also be D rank since there is literally zero reason to use it over Chansey. Blissey has a few minor advantages, yes, but none of them are as big as Chansey's advantages and none of them give Blissey and sort of niche over Chansey. If its advantages let it fit on certain teams better than Chansey or soomething, I could see it being viable, but it really isn't. However, it should stay on the list as to inform players how bad it is, similarly to how Deoxys-N is on the Ubers viability rankings.

Last edited:
I think it would be in our best interest to add an E rank. While D-rank Pokemon are still pretty bad, they still have notable enough niches compared to complety outclassed things like Blissey and Florges. Adding an E rank with a definition that clearly states that its inhabitants are utterly terrible or outclassed and should never be used would solve a lot of problems.

Last edited:

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
I think it would be in our best interest to add an E rank. While D-rank Pokemon are still pretty bad, they still have notable enough niches compared to complety outclassed things like
Blissey and Florges. Adding an E rank with a definition that clearly states that its inhabitants are utterly terrible or outclassed and should never be used would solve a lot of problems.
So basically D Rank: Good, but with crippling flaws. Still has a niche.
E Rank: Can accomplish something, but will basically always be worse, and should almost never be used. I think we found a perfect rank for the blacklist, Machamp, and Blissey. I'm pretty sure UU did this last gen, with a D rank and a D for Dusclops Rank.

Also, I kinda sorta feel like we should rank everything with higher usage than ranked Pokemon, just to tell the new users not to use them. Examples: Dusclops, Electivire, Pikachu. Maybe that's just me.
I'm not a very prominent ou player and I can't give my input on the rankings themselves, but I do agree that the ranking definitions should be changed. If 99% of teams that wants a pink blob use Chansey (which most people seem to agree on) then that's not as relevant a niche as something could be good but has a lot of flaws as well. Maybe the C rank should hold pokemon that are "mostly eclipsed" and the D rank should have ones that are "almost completely or completely eclipsed". For now, this is meant to be a guide on what pokemon newer players should use so we don't have to abide strictly by the ranking definitions. I think if enough people say Blissey (almost) completely outclassed by Chansey, it should go in D.
I agree. In my opinion, it should be something like

S Rank: Extremely powerful Pokemon with little risk factor in using. They can contribute to basically any team placed on, and will almost always be successful. They have immense niches that aren't done better by any other Pokemon. Ex. Aegislash

A Rank: Pokemon that lack the sheer unpredictability, power, and utility of S ranked Pokemon, but still have immense niches, and have little risk factor when used. They have competition for some of their niches, but are still important threats. Ex. Mawile

B Rank: Pokemon whose niches are partially eclipsed by other Pokemon, or Pokemon with a substantially larger risk factor than Pokemon in above ranks, but still have the ability to contribute to the metagame. They may also be hindered by certain low stats, but regardless they make a name for themselves. Ex. Sylveon

C Rank: Pokemon with niches in the metagame that are valuable to some teams. These Pokemon are not ones that fit on any team, but ones that either should be put on as a focus, with a large amount of support, or ones that's support only is necessary on a team by team basis. These can also Pokemon that have unique niches, but whose niches aren't important enough in the metagame. Ex. Omastar

D Rank: Pokemon that have one niche and one niche only. Everything else they can do can be done better by something else, and even their own niche is often not worth using or basing a team around. Support they provide is minimal, but they still can warrant use on some teams. Ex. Empoleon

(Proposed) E Rank: These Pokemon are entirely eclipsed by Pokemon in higher ranks. They contribute practically nothing original to the metagame, and a simple change to a different Pokemon will always be met with more success for the user. These Pokemon may have small positive aspects over their competition, such as +18 speed or +30 Special Attack, but, in the end, their potential niche is not important enough. Ex. Florges.
Gary's right.
-------------
Based on these definitions, one Pokemon I seriously think should move up is:

Whimsicott is often made fun of, however, it is actually a fairly decent Pokemon. Its most used set, SubSeed, is what it's known for. However, it's not its best set. Whimsicott's combination of Priority Encore, Leech Seed, and Memento make it very useful for offensive teams. Encore and Memento both force switches, allowing Pokemon like Mega-Pinsir to easily set up to +2 and destroy teams. No other Pokemon (that I'm aware of) has Prankster Memento and Encore, and both carve an interesting niche for it. Prankster Seed is also very useful for healing it and its teammates, but it shouldn't be relied on for a set. Whimsicott also has Priority Sunny Day, which allows it aid Sun Teams to victory. As long as it isn't SubSeeding, Whimsicott is never outclassed. Its niche is very valuable, and having it in D rank is misrepresentative of what it can do. I suggest Whimsicott for C Rank. However, under the current system, it is D rank, as if something is completely outclassed it's C Rank, and if it has a niche it's D rank.

I feel like we don't operate off of these definitions anyway (Empoleon fits the definition of C rank and Venusaur fits the D rank definition, however, it's clear Venusaur is a much more viable Pokemon than Empoleon, and it's justly in a higher position). Since we don't even use the definitions, it can't hurt to change them to better reflect viability.

Last edited:

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
ctrl + f Victini and Gothitelle
~B Rank and not ~A
:mad:

@A/A-
This shouldn't be a surprise to many. Victini is a threat right now, it's versatility is almost as bad if not as bad to deal with as Charizards. Not only does it vary on the special/physical spectrum, it can vary on the item spectrum, I've used a LOT of victini sets so far and these are the most viable so far-
Physical: Scarf, Banded, Physical LO
Mixed: V-Create / Blue Flare | Grass Knot / Glaciate / Energy Ball | Psyshock / Zen Headbutt | Bolt Strike
Special: Assault Vest, Special LO, SpecsTrick (for chansey, tried it, it's kind of like a latios with more bulk and more consistent nuke move (2 blue flares > 2 dracos in power)), Special Scarf, Ebelt Lure

Between the most popular sets in bold alone, it's one tough cookie to crack, for instance, you switchin and see special with no LO recoil, obv ebelt right? so later on in the match you switching chansey to take the hit and bam! Tricked!. Not only it's versatility buti t's one of the most powerful threats as well, it's power without LO on the physical scarf set can compare to Zard X w/ tough flaws flare blitz, and with a LO or CB, it's no joke, outpowering Zard X by a near mile. It can pair well with Zard Y by getting sun support from it and psyshocking goodra or tricking chansey for Zard Y or both if played properly! It can also compete with Zard Y as a bulkier, more versatile version with more coverage and psyshock and trick. Also check ut the modest deo-d calcs to compare it to the tiers most amazing Special Attackers, it otupwers all of them after dracos side effect for latios!

252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mew: 261-307 (64.6 - 75.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mew: 244-288 (60.3 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mew: 268-316 (66.3 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mew: 317-374 (78.4 - 92.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mew in Sun: 226-267 (55.9 - 66%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Victini Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mew: 165-196 (40.8 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Goodra in Sun: 74-87 (19.2 - 22.6%) -- possible 5HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Victini Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Goodra: 191-226 (49.7 - 58.8%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Victini Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Deoxys-D: 130-153 (42.7 - 50.3%) -- 1.6% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Deoxys-D: 130-153 (42.7 - 50.3%) -- 1.6% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Deoxys-D: 142-169 (46.7 - 55.5%) -- 73.8% chance to 2HKO (2 dracos makes it a whole lot weaker)

Overall Victini is simply one crazy powerful wild card that cannot be ignored
Special Life Orb
@
/
/

Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Timid OR Modest Nature
Blue Flare | Psyshock | Glaciate OR Thunder OR Thunderbolt |Focus Blast

Specs Trick
@

Timid Nature
Blue Flare | Psyshock | Trick |Focus Blast

Physical
@
/
/

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
V-Create | Bolt Strike | Trick OR Brick Break | U-Turn

@A-/A

I'm not going to say much on it because there isn't much to say. Specs and Scarf Trick are amazing in this metagame where having all 6 of your mons is so important and crucial for synergy, and I feel those 2 are underrated, but onto my other big problem: Taunt LO Gothitelle. It takes complete dumps on the average stall team, especially ones lacking heatran. I am certain this thing will ruin your stall team if you lack Mandibuzz/Heatran. Even Chansey can't stop tauntgoth, just look at this:
252 SpA Life Orb Gothitelle Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 183-216 (25.9 - 30.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
+ Taunt means Chansey is on an utter lockdown waiting for it's demise of a 4HKO, also, it traps and eliminates 2 important stall members: Skarmory and Mega Venusaur:
252 SpA Life Orb Gothitelle Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 229-273 (62.9 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Gothitelle Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 278-328 (83.2 - 98.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
also Lando-T, Scizor, Deo-D etc can all be lured and trapped dpending on the hidden power or other last slot coverage:
252 SpA Life Orb Gothitelle Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Landorus-T: 328-390 (85.8 - 102%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Gothitelle Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor: 354-416 (100 - 117.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Gothitelle Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Scizor: 276-328 (80.2 - 95.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Also signal beam / shadow ball + Taunt completely roflstomps DeoSharp as even if all Goth can do is hit for ~30%on Deoxys-D, deo-d can't hit back for shit as all it commonly packs to attack is psycho boost or Superpower:
0 Atk Deoxys-D Superpower vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gothitelle: 34-40 (12 - 14.1%) -- possible 8HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Gothitelle Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Deoxys-D: 96-114 (31.5 - 37.5%) -- 87.1% chance to 3HKO

Also talking about last move slots, TauntCM is a very good stallbreaker as it can set up easily on things like mega venusaur and procede to heavily damage stall:
4 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. +1 4 HP / 0 SpD Gothitelle: 67-79 (23.7 - 28%) -- 88.4% chance to 4HKO
+3 252 SpA Life Orb Gothitelle Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 177-209 (45.8 - 54.1%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery ( you can set up all over it)

Taunt
@

Ability: Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
Taunt | Psyshock | Thunderbolt | Hidden Power [Fire] / Hidden Power [Ice] / Shadow Ball

Taunt + Calm Mind
@

Ability: Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
Taunt | Psyshock | Thunderbolt | Calm Mind

Is Mega Gyarados even that great? Having a dark type added seems a bit... negative. What's a decent set on him?
Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

What (I believe) makes it very good is that it has the beautiful ability Intimidate/Mold Breaker, making it's defences above average, and with Mold Breaker nothing is safe from it (Screw Sturdy, Thick Fat, and Levitate). Also, it's typing change is amazing, allowing it to play mind games such as resisting a Scizor, then switching right into Mega Form to take on an Aegislash.

Last edited:
Is Mega Gyarados even that great? Having a dark type added seems a bit... negative. What's a decent set on him?
People thought it sucked for Dark-typing, but that's completely wrong. It can change typing at will one time giving it a key advantage and not to mention it is the best DD Sweeper in the game, backed by bulk and a huge Attack, not to mention Intimidate gives it so much more bulk and Mold Breaker allows it to beat Unaware Pokemon!

Out of curiosity, what puts Haxorus so low? I'm using one currently and he does pretty well for me. I haven't had him get OHKO'd yet (2-3HKO'd usually, but still), and he tends to outspeed quite a few things. Am I missing something? >.>

Out of curiosity, what puts Haxorus so low? I'm using one currently and he does pretty well for me. I haven't had him get OHKO'd yet (2-3HKO'd usually, but still), and he tends to outspeed quite a few things. Am I missing something? >.>
MegaZardX and Dragonite are generally better Dragon type DDancers, and KyuB is generally a better wallbreaker.

MegaZardX and Dragonite are generally better Dragon type DDancers, and KyuB is generally a better wallbreaker.
I've had no luck with Dragonite. ZardX I can see, I just... happened to be an idiot and pick Blastoise as the Kanto starter and not care enough to get a Charmander. :/
But yeah, my Dragonite tends to drop in a single ice beam. Granted, I invested like, zero bulk, but still. Haxorus turned out a bit better.

As for KyuB, haven't used one at all myself, is it viable in OU?

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
I've had no luck with Dragonite. ZardX I can see, I just... happened to be an idiot and pick Blastoise as the Kanto starter and not care enough to get a Charmander. :/
But yeah, my Dragonite tends to drop in a single ice beam. Granted, I invested like, zero bulk, but still. Haxorus turned out a bit better.

As for KyuB, haven't used one at all myself, is it viable in OU?
A Pokemon's viability really shouldn't be judged on if it can take 4x super effective moves without investment. Which Dragonite, can, btw.

252 SpA Life Orb Deoxys-S Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 205-244 (63.2 - 75.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Goodra Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 288-340 (88.8 - 104.9%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 328-385 (101.2 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
200 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite: 540-636 (166.6 - 196.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Greninja and Kyurem-B are the only OU Pokemon whose Ice Beam can actually OHKO it. Dragonite is very bulky, and as such is a very useful Choice Band user and Dragon Dance Sweeper.

Also...

252 SpA Life Orb Deoxys-S Ice Beam vs. 36 HP / 0 SpD Haxorus: 278-328 (92 - 108.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Goodra Ice Beam vs. 36 HP / 0 SpD Haxorus: 384-454 (127.1 - 150.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 36 HP / 0 SpD Haxorus: 439-517 (145.3 - 171.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
200 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 36 HP / 0 SpD Haxorus: 360-426 (119.2 - 141%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Dragonite actually takes all of the Ice Beams better.

Anyway, Kyu-B is A+, so obviously it's viable in OU. It's a very useful stall breaker, with all of its stats being very good. It can also be a great Choice Band user. Check out its analysis if you're looking for a more in depth explanation of its uses.

A Pokemon really shouldn't be judged on if it can take 4x super effective moves without investment. Which Dragonite, can, btw.
252 SpA Life Orb Deoxys-S Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 205-244 (63.2 - 75.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Goodra Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 288-340 (88.8 - 104.9%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 328-385 (101.2 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
200 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite: 540-636 (166.6 - 196.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Huh. I think mine's defective (likely, I think it has a 0 IV in Sp. Def). Not that it matters too much, I'm not huge on Dragonite anyway. Looks too silly, imo.

I didn't see Kyurem-B on the A+, must've missed it >.< I've been meaning to move mine up with Pokebank, kinda lucked out and got a Hasty one, so I think I'll try the Physical moveset on it when I move him up.

He's one of the best Dragon Dancers, with good bulk, coverage, and Mold Breaker, which allows him to destroy Unaware users and Rotom-W. Water/Dark isn't a great typing by itself, but the fact that he can switch from Water/Flying to Water/Dark makes countering him really hard.

BLISSEY IS NOT OUTCLASSED BY CHANSEY!

- it's not as vulnerable to Knock Off as Chansey
- can actually use a special attack (Flamethrower to get rid of Ferrothorn, Forretress, Skarmory, Scizor and deal solid damage to Aegislash, which Chansey can't hurt at all. Blissey can also use Ice Beam to get rid of the dragons, or Thunderbolt for Mega Pinsir, Azumarill, (Mega) Gyarados or Talonflame). Blissey can even afford to invest some EVs into Special Attack.
- can hold Leftovers, which means it can recover 6% of its health per turn
- can beat Gengar

Keep Blissey in C+.

- can actually use a special attack (Flamethrower to get rid of Ferrothorn, Forretress, Skarmory, Scizor and deal solid damage to Aegislash, which Chansey can't hurt at all. Blissey can also use Ice Beam to get rid of the dragons, or Thunderbolt for Mega Pinsir, Azumarill, (Mega) Gyarados or Talonflame). Blissey can even afford to invest some EVs into Special Attack.
- can beat Gengar

Keep Blissey in C+.
0 SpA Blissey Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 72-86 (22.2 - 26.5%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Blissey Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 136-162 (40.7 - 48.5%) -- 9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Blissey Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 94-112 (31.1 - 37%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

0 SpA Blissey Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gyarados: 82-98 (24.6 - 29.5%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock

0 SpA Blissey Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame: 94-112 (26.1 - 31.1%) -- 8.8% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Yeah Blissey isn't very threatening with its special moves, outside of 4x effective moves they often barely beat out Seismic Toss and Blissey is simply set up bait for Mega Gyarados unless it has Toxic/T-Wave and BU Talonflame unless it has Toxic (which is harder to fit on if you run a special move because Seismic Toss is still pretty much mandatory).

Chansey outclasses Blissey, not in every single way, but in enough ways to make the latter a worse option in almost every situation.

The Shellder Smuggler

Banned deucer.
0 SpA Blissey Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 72-86 (22.2 - 26.5%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Blissey Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 136-162 (40.7 - 48.5%) -- 9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Blissey Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 94-112 (31.1 - 37%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

0 SpA Blissey Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gyarados: 82-98 (24.6 - 29.5%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock

0 SpA Blissey Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame: 94-112 (26.1 - 31.1%) -- 8.8% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Yeah Blissey isn't very threatening with its special moves, outside of 4x effective moves they often barely beat out Seismic Toss and Blissey is simply set up bait for Mega Gyarados unless it has Toxic/T-Wave and BU Talonflame unless it has Toxic (which is harder to fit on if you run a special move because Seismic Toss is still pretty much mandatory).

Chansey outclasses Blissey, not in every single way, but in enough ways to make the latter a worse option in almost every situation.
Yep, you're right actually. I invested 56 EVs into SpA on the damage calculator and I found that it can only 2HKO Abomasnow with Fire Blast after Stealth Rocks. So yeah...

Blissey's niche is having Leftovers, which makes it Knock Off bait too, and no smart player will leave Chansey in on anything with a remote chance of Knock Off. Blissey cannot even beat most Knock Off users, so this point is useless.
0 SpA Blissey Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 136-162 (40.7 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
It 2HKOes Scizor, which Superpowers or Knocks Off in the meantime, and it does not beat Ferrothorn thanks to Leech Seed, unless it misses. Forretress is utter shit, so?
How is that solid damage in any way whatsoever?
0 SpA Blissey Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Pinsir: 112-134 (41.1 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Blissey Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Azumarill: 124-146 (30.6 - 36.1%) -- 47.7% chance to 3HKO
0 SpA Blissey Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gyarados: 82-98 (24.6 - 29.5%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO
0 SpA Blissey Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 138-164 (46.3 - 55%) -- 65.2% chance to 2HKO
If it gets Knocked Off, and you seem to think that it will get knocked off, then it is not bulkier, and 6% doesn't justify the difference in bulk.
- can beat Gengar
Can beat Gengar? In what way. If it Tricks it a Scarf then it is dead, this is utter shit, in what way?

Blissey just needs to move down to D already jeesh u.u

This thread is ti also help new users to right? So, wouldn't it be a good idea to link each pokemons analysis to their name to? Also may I ask why Arcanine is black listed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)