Doubles Battle Factory

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion

sick logo by Bummer as usual

Welcome to the Doubles Battle Factory, a place of intense battling, teambuilding challenges and fabulous prizes! After being in the works for almost half a year, the Doubles Battle Factory has been opened and inside await eight of Doubles' best players—fight your way to the Factory Head and receive wonderful prizes!... Well, that's what the brochure says, anyway.

Rules
The Doubles Battle Factory is perhaps the pinnacle of Doubles' forum challenges thus far. And no, I'm serious this time. It works similarly to the in-game Battle Factory; here are the rules:
  • To sign up, please send me (Level 51) a PM titled "DBF Challenger | <your username>". I'll get back to you as soon as possible with your Pokemon. Should you have any questions about rules or procedures, feel free to include them in your sign-up PMs!
  • You get to choose a team of 6 from 9 randomly generated Pokemon, after which you must fight through a wave of trainers. Note that the other 3 Pokemon you did not choose are discarded and can no longer be used.
  • Battles are best-of-one.
  • After each win, you may choose to swap one of your Pokemon for one of the Pokemon the trainer you fought used. Note that this is a 1-for-1 trade; you cannot use the Pokemon you traded away any more.
  • If you lose, you don't have to reset, unlike in the actual Factory! You only need to wait 24 hours before you can challenge that trainer again. In the mean time, you can challenge any other trainers you have not beaten yet.
  • After you beat 5 of the 7 trainers which constitute a wave, you move on to the next wave. You are given a fresh set of Pokemon, and the cycle begins again. If you're a trainer, you must beat 5 of the other trainers to advance a wave.
  • After each win and each completed wave, you earn BP! Records will be stored in a Google Docs Spreadsheet linked below.
  • If you manage to clear 5 waves of trainers, you get the choice to fight the Factory Head for a small fee of 1 BP. If you beat the Factory Head, you win 20 BP!
  • The challenge ends on June 20 (2 months from now), when 2 people have beaten the Factory Head, or when interest dies out, whichever comes sooner. please not the last option
The Trainers
In alphabetical order:

Poké Kid Arcticblast
"I hope I don't end up in Theorymon's dreams by virtue of my outfit."

"Lady" Audiosurfer
"It's the newest fashion trend, honest! Haven't you heard??"

Black Belt Biosci
"I think I'm the only normal person here."

Mira Impersonator BLOOD TOTEM
"(◕‿◕✿)~"

Fisherman Laga
"Wanna hook up with my Super Rod? ;)"

Burgh Lookalike Lolk
"I don't just look like Burgh, I'm almost half as fabulous as the ma-er, person himself!"

Pokémon Trainer Pwnemon
"At least fangame will have to use a different team here :|"

Factory Head ???

Who is the Factory Head? Well, if you're asking yourself that question, it's not you! "Simply" get past 5 waves of trainers to find out for yourself who the Factory Head is!​

Prizes
Ah, prizes! Because without them really, would any of you actually want to sign up for this? After the Factory challenge is over, BP earned will be tallied, and a prize shop will be open. Potential prizes range from forum Custom Titles to in-game items to Doubles Major Round 1 Byes, so keep your eyes peeled!

Doubles Battle Factory Records Sheet
Let me know if I've missed out anything!​

Last edited:
I will be afk today because of Easter stuff but feel free to challenge me whenever I am on irc starting tomorrow.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yep, it was too much for the dream team

edit: also lost to aurarayquaza. i swear everyone is gettin better teams than me

Last edited:

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
level 51 kangaskhan cannot learn knock off you bum
hiiiii sorry i sent out a pm wrt this but if you didnt get it:
- thundurus' sky drop is glitched. please change it to u-turn.
- so is dnite's. please change it to fire punch.
- kangaskhan cannot learn knock off. please change it to crunch.

in the mean time guys PLEASE send me match results in pms instead of posting them here, it's easier for me thanksssssssss

edit: it would also help if the trainers sent me their wins/losses too
edit2: added records sheet to the OP

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)