Pokémon Zygarde

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that is true, Sub Coil will be so much better. Hitting the Fairy Flying typing ( Togekiss ) it is just what it needs. Very few things will be able to wall Zygarde. I'm starting to like this thing more and more.

If zygarde does get thousand arrows, (which it probably will), its viability is going to skyrocket since it will be only pokemon to have ground type move that can hit flyers and levitators. I also have a question does thousand arrows hit pokemon holding an air ballon.

If zygarde does get thousand arrows, (which it probably will), its viability is going to skyrocket since it will be only pokemon to have ground type move that can hit flyers and levitators. I also have a question does thousand arrows hit pokemon holding an air ballon.

By the data I saw it says Pokemon lose their Ground immunity, so I'm assuming so

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
Personally, I think it's DD set also gets a buff, as it's no longer reliant on Outrage to beat Rotom-W and doesn't get completely walled by Skarm, as shown here: +1 252 Atk Zygarde Land's Wrath vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 212-252 (63.4 - 75.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

And Thousand Waves also allows it to acquire more boosts on easy setup fodder if it gets the chance.

Zygarde becomes even more interesting as time goes on.

I think the biggest question now is to get these moves on to Zygarde do you have to:
-Simply get it into a new form? (Skymin)
-Morph two Pokemon together? (Kyrum-B/W)
-Mega Evolve? (MewTwo)
-Something else? (Move Tutor, Event Only)

I see the biggest issue could be if you need to Mega Evolve. Do you risk losing your Charizard, Pinsir or Venusaur just to hit flying types and Rotom? Mega Gyarados can do the latter. Losing your Mega Spot might not be worth it. However, if it's one of the other ways Zygarde is beyond fantastic.

Also, even with Thousand Arrows Zygarde does get an answer to Rotom-W but only as a small check. Unless you perfectly predict the Volt Switch you may get burned and I can see more Rotom-Ws wanting to carry HP Ice
4 SpA Rotom-W Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 192-228 (53.6 - 63.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Rotom-W Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 388-460 (108.3 - 128.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
I get that it's only a small chance that Rotom would run HP Ice but if Zygarde's usage skyrockets then it might just start having to.

I think the biggest question now is to get these moves on to Zygarde do you have to:
-Simply get it into a new form? (Skymin)
-Morph two Pokemon together? (Kyrum-B/W)
-Mega Evolve? (MewTwo)
-Something else? (Move Tutor, Event Only)

I see the biggest issue could be if you need to Mega Evolve. Do you risk losing your Charizard, Pinsir or Venusaur just to hit flying types and Rotom? Mega Gyarados can do the latter. Losing your Mega Spot might not be worth it. However, if it's one of the other ways Zygarde is beyond fantastic.
If Zygarde gets it by Mega Evo, then he will have two Megas, each with 700 BST and (possibly) different stat distributions. Which would make him top tier OU at the very least, and definitely worth picking over other Megas depending on your team

If Zygarde gets it by Mega Evo, then he will have two Megas, each with 700 BST and (possibly) different stat distributions. Which would make him top tier OU at the very least, and definitely worth picking over other Megas depending on your team
Unless the stat changes are awesome for Thousand Waves, no one will use it as the other has Thousand Arrows.

If Zygarde will recieve Thousand Arrows (and it seems it will, because this move's animation is full of green hexagons), I would like to see it using Coil and maybe Rest+Sleep Talk?

If Zygarde will recieve Thousand Arrows (and it seems it will, because this move's animation is full of green hexagons), I would like to see it using Coil and maybe Rest+Sleep Talk?
That'll probably be an option, but WOULD EVERYONE STOP WITH THE SPECULATION!

Zygarde's already a pretty good pokemon, and we have no guarantee that any changes are coming, and that the changes will be available in OU, so I just don't see the point in discussing them.

Has anyone tried an assault vest zygarde? 108/95 special defensive is still pretty good. I used it one time and it worked decently well.

Zygarde @ Assault Vest
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail/Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Rock Slide/Crunch/Brick Break

Has anyone tried an assault vest zygarde? 108/95 special defensive is still pretty good. I used it one time and it worked decently well.

Zygarde @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail/Outrage
- Extreme Speed
yeah, but since his claim to fame is coil, and he absolutely needs status protection, AV never caught on

Zygarde @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail/Outrage
- Extreme Speed
I've never tried it, but without any form of recovery this seems outclassed by Specially Defensive Coil sets. Zygarde absolutely needs setup and/or some form of recovery (via Rest or Leftovers). This doesn't seem bad though and could be an effective tank.

I run a set using coil to it's maximum potential.

Zygarde@leftover/lum berry
252 HP/252 AT/4 SpD
Adamant nature

Coil
Extreme Speed
Earthquake
Stone edge

I've been using a double dance set and it has been working pretty well for me

Zygarde @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 104 Spd / 152 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Coil
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

The speed EV's allow it to outpace Greninja at +1 and kill it with Earthquake.

did you mention that you dont need a dragon stab, well heres what i use, its my lead, choice band, outrage, earthquake, crunch, extreme speed, kill them after they set rocks

Does anyome know if rocky helmet activates through substitues?I've been musing about a subcoil phazing set with it. I understand subs without the passive recovery of leftovers may be disastrous however I felt it was worth experimenting with due to coil making your physical defence stellar and physical attacks unlikely to break your subs.

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
As long as you make contact with the rocky helmet user, you will take damage, Sub or no.
However, if the opponent attacks you behind a sub and you're holding a rocky helmet, they will technically not make contact with you because they break the sub first. So basically, unless the opponent is an arm thrust mega heracross, rocky helmet is pretty useless on sub coil :/ Stick with lefties

As long as you make contact with the rocky helmet user, you will take damage, Sub or no.
However, if the opponent attacks you behind a sub and you're holding a rocky helmet, they will technically not make contact with you because they break the sub first. So basically, unless the opponent is an arm thrust mega heracross, rocky helmet is pretty useless on sub coil :/ Stick with lefties
Good to know. Slightly disappointed but I suppose a sub user with neither any recovery or a pinch berry is a bit of a silly risk anyway. in retrospect a dedicated phasing set wouldn't have excelled anyway do to the new dragon immuity and the lack of reliable recovery.

Good to know. Slightly disappointed but I suppose a sub user with neither any recovery or a pinch berry is a bit of a silly risk anyway. in retrospect a dedicated phasing set wouldn't have excelled anyway do to the new dragon immuity and the lack of reliable recovery.
actually, zygarde is a pretty fantastic phaser. I personally run max hp and sp def with substitute, coil, dragon tail, and e-speed. If fairies and steels are gone/weakened enough, zygarde can get up a sub and a few coils and start an extremely annoying chain of phasing that is very difficult to stop. Not to mention the fact that zygarde becomes very bulky on the physical side after a coil. You could run earthquake over e-speed, but I prefer the ability to pick off a weakened opponent before it has a chance to do anything.

actually, zygarde is a pretty fantastic phaser. I personally run max hp and sp def with substitute, coil, dragon tail, and e-speed. If fairies and steels are gone/weakened enough, zygarde can get up a sub and a few coils and start an extremely annoying chain of phasing that is very difficult to stop. Not to mention the fact that zygarde becomes very bulky on the physical side after a coil. You could run earthquake over e-speed, but I prefer the ability to pick off a weakened opponent before it has a chance to do anything.
I hadn't considered that. I may have to try it and go through with a phasing set after all. I'm just worried that without reliable recovery the set can be easily worn down if it's caught outside a sub. I think the problem is in my mind I'm comparing it to subshuffle Kyube from last gen when they'd in reality function fairly differently, what with the E-speed access and defense boosts.

I hadn't considered that. I may have to try it and go through with a phasing set after all. I'm just worried that without reliable recovery the set can be easily worn down if it's caught outside a sub. I think the problem is in my mind I'm comparing it to subshuffle Kyube from last gen when they'd in reality function fairly differently, what with the E-speed access and defense boosts.
the trick is to get that sub up as soon as possible. Try to get an opportunity against a slower Mon. Ferrothorn and other slow mons are your best bet. Avoid trying to sub against faster mons or ones that could speed tie, especially kyurem. Any physically based Mon without an ice move are also pretty safe to set up on. If you have a few coils under your belt you can choose not to sub if you feel like it, but in my experience with this set, once a smart player sees what you are doing, they will try their hardest to get a status ailment on you, which makes any cleric a pretty good teammate. Another great teammate for this set is heatran. They form an excellent defensive core with heatran being immune to the the two statuses zygarde fears most, and zygarde being immune to t-wave. Heatran also resists zygarde's weaknesses and zygarde doesn't mind earthquakes or water moves, if its specially defensive. Hope this helps

Zygarde is OU.....This pokemon is not even good.
You haven't even read the thread yet have you?
Zygarde functions greatly as a defensive Coiler. Many Pokemon wish they could have this move. With access to Dragon Dance as well, this think functions about as well as Garchomp, typing and all, with extra moves to back it up.
Please don't produce copious amounts of nonsense with out at least reading the thread and backing up your argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)