Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something such as that can be easily remedied by increasing the time limit. While I believe 8 months is a fair amount of time you may scale the time limit up or down using better judgement but the fact still remains that if someone was on hiatus it isn't difficult to log in once to make sure your name is safe and then go back to said hiatus. Frankly that responsibility is minuscule on the players part. If your not active in a period of 5 months + it really begs the question, are you ever coming back? Whereas logging in to reset the timer is very easy to do so a time limit for accounts should be implemented in my opinion.
Stuff like school/college lasts years, am I wrong? I know lots of people who've left for months, sometimes even over a year, then came back.

Ninety Nine

Stuff like school/college lasts years, am I wrong? I know lots of people who've left for months, sometimes even over a year, then came back.
Of course people will leave for long periods of time but I can't see any reason why you would not be able to spare 30 seconds to log into your account to secure your username from termination.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
My only suggestion would be making the Showdown accounts more personal. At least adding an email to these accounts.
Email would require us to enforce COPPA, also repeat offenders shouldn't have too much problem creating multiple emails. Best I could do is ask mods to lock before banning but sometimes banning is just faster for really bad offenses.
Js.

Yeah um, I once saw a guy get banned, as well as his alts. He was a troll, and had literally about 50 alts. No exaggeration. I doubt enforcing an email system would produce the same results. Do you have the time to make 50 emails? I sure don't, but it takes a matter of seconds to create that many alts on the current system Showdown uses.

Yeah um, I once saw a guy get banned, as well as his alts. He was a troll, and had literally about 50 alts. No exaggeration. I doubt enforcing an email system would produce the same results. Do you have the time to make 50 emails? I sure don't, but it takes a matter of seconds to create that many alts on the current system Showdown uses.
Even if we were to put in an email system (which we won't), alts would still be a thing. It would be a bit ridiculous to expect people to create a new account entirely just for a new nick/alt.

Pikachuun

If you read the quote of V4Victini in my post, you would see that we would have to enforce COPPA, which is something that a chunk of users would not want us to do. Also, repeat offenders can just make new emails if they really want to spam again, as it just takes a slightly longer time to make a new email then make a new alt than to just make a new alt. There was a spam attack once on here (the forums; that I witnessed at least), and because you have to make a new email and verify it every single time, I'm pretty sure that making emails required would not deter spammers. Also the 50 alts is probably because he's at a school/campus/public ip place.

shotgun37

Banned deucer.
i suggest chats where you can make your self an invite friends i wound like this to have tournaments because there are some rules in tourney room and you can.t make what ever tournament you like.

If you read the quote of V4Victini in my post, you would see that we would have to enforce COPPA, which is something that a chunk of users would not want us to do. Also, repeat offenders can just make new emails if they really want to spam again, as it just takes a slightly longer time to make a new email then make a new alt than to just make a new alt. There was a spam attack once on here (the forums; that I witnessed at least), and because you have to make a new email and verify it every single time, I'm pretty sure that making emails required would not deter spammers. Also the 50 alts is probably because he's at a school/campus/public ip place.
Well thanks for linking me to my second arguement. I live on a college campus. Forbid one of them dicks around in the chat and then I have to pay for it, right? That'd be a horrible situation for yours truly. And I'm not saying spam attacks won't happen, but they'd definitely be minimized. Trust me on that, I'd been around on the internet haha. Modded some websites, was the equivalent to a "voiced" on a few others.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Well thanks for linking me to my second arguement. I live on a college campus. Forbid one of them dicks around in the chat and then I have to pay for it, right? That'd be a horrible situation for yours truly. And I'm not saying spam attacks won't happen, but they'd definitely be minimized. Trust me on that, I'd been around on the internet haha. Modded some websites, was the equivalent to a "voiced" on a few others.
Do you even know what COPPA is? If you do, do you realize how much of our user base would suddenly have to be banned from the site?

The kids are annoying anyway, let them go.

Just kidding, but that doesn't change my viewpoint honestly. Sorry *shrugs*.
Also, staff have to ban anyone who says they're under 13. We had so many ban appeals from people claiming they were under 13, and it became a huge inconvenience.

Also, staff have to ban anyone who says they're under 13. We had so many ban appeals from people claiming they were under 13, and it became a huge inconvenience.
So I take it this topic has been brought up before?

The arguements against the emails have been thought out it seems, and I can't ask for more than that. So I'll end the debate here.

Why do we have a DPPt LC ladder and not a DPPt Ubers ladder? I mean, if you like speed ties, go play RBY OU instead.
supporting the fuck out of this, DPP ubers has a much larger playerbase, and having a ladder for it will only increase that player base.

Also, any chance that % and up could have a set time to mute instead of 7/60 minutes?

supporting the fuck out of this, DPP ubers has a much larger playerbase, and having a ladder for it will only increase that player base.

Also, any chance that % and up could have a set time to mute instead of 7/60 minutes?
I don't think this is needed. It would take them more time to apply discipline and 7 and 60 serve the purpose well enough.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.

Complain to user Joim in his RuinsofAlph programming development thread in the RoA subofrum under past gens

This is a new format myself and some friends have been playing for a while through self-regulation, I thought it would be cool to share it with you guys, it would be awesome if it became an actual format.

Level One
  • All Pokémon must be Level 1, as the name suggests.
  • Only Pokémon which are the lowest form of an evolution line can enter.
    This means no Poémon such as Absol which do not evolve, or Pikachu who is not the lowest in the evolution line.
  • Only Pokémon with a BST (Base Stat Total) of <=360 may enter.
  • All moves/items which deal static damage are banned.
    This bans moves such as Sonicboom or Dragon Rage and items such as the Oran Berry.
    Items such as Leftovers or Sitrus Berry are allowed, as they deal with percentages rather than static values.
  • Level restrictions upon moves are ignored.
    Allows the Pokémon to use all moves they can learn even though they are only Level 1.
So, what do you think? We've had quite a lot of fun playing this format by ourselves so far.

Pikachuun

This is a new format myself and some friends have been playing for a while through self-regulation, I thought it would be cool to share it with you guys, it would be awesome if it became an actual format.

Level One
    This means no Poémon such as Absol which do not evolve, or Pikachu who is not the lowest in the evolution line.
    This bans moves such as Sonicboom or Dragon Rage and items such as the Oran Berry.
    Items such as Leftovers or Sitrus Berry are allowed, as they deal with percentages rather than static values.
    Allows the Pokémon to use all moves they can learn even though they are only Level 1.
So, what do you think? We've had quite a lot of fun playing this format by ourselves so far.
Once again, wrong thread. Try making a new thread with your metagame here. Just so you know, you can delete your posts with the Delete button below it.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Level One
I actually created a level 1 metagame some time ago; the main difference is that it was based on legality. Level-up restrictions still applied, but any Pokemon obtainable at level 1 was permitted, including monsters like Dialga and Manaphy! Also Drought was banned, fuck that noise.

I've been noticing many players on the PS! server tend to count Tailwind turns incorrectly, or even worse, they don't even notice Tailwind is up at all. The animation for Tailwind is a little too simple; most players don't even realize it has been used leading them to lose their match because they were not aware of their opponent's speed advantage.

I suggest making the Tailwind animation a little more complex, such as a gust of wind blowing through the field to make it more noticeable. Or, there could be a timer or counter for the number of Tailwind turns left so that players won't miscount; Laga lost a Doubles Seasonal Tourney Match because he miscounted the number of turns Tailwind had left. :/

Just wanted to throw in my two cents, as a lot of people are having this problem. In fact, I had just played a ladder match and the guy I was playing didn't even realize I used Tailwind with Talonflame and that costly mistake enabled me to win the battle. Hope this could potentially get fixed :o

Last edited:
I've been noticing many players on the PS! server tend to count Tailwind turns incorrectly, or even worse, they don't even notice Tailwind is up at all. The animation for Tailwind is a little too simple; most players don't even realize it has been used leading them to lose their match because they were not aware of their opponent's speed advantage.

I suggest making the Tailwind animation a little more complex, such as a gust of wind blowing through the field to make it more noticeable. Or, there could be a timer or counter for the number of Tailwind turns left so that players won't miscount; Laga lost a Doubles Seasonal Tourney Match because he miscounted the number of turns Tailwind had left. :/

Just wanted to throw in my two cents, as a lot of people are having this problem. In fact, I had just played a ladder match and the guy I was playing didn't even realize I used Tailwind with Talonflame and that costly mistake enabled me to win the battle. Hope this could potentially get fixed :o
Same thing goes for Magnet Rise since it doesn't say how many turns it has left when you use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)