Pokémon Malamar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malamar's analysis got rejected, so he has absolutely no niche in OU, which would mean there's no value in discussing him here.

If you'd like to discuss Malamar's usefulness in UU, go to the UU subforum. Although he's barely relevant there either so ._.
Sooooooooooooo what you're saying is he's f**king useless?

I'm surprised that this thread has lasted this long. It should have been locked months ago when all the other non-OU viable gen 6 'mon threads were getting the axe.

Actually, Malamar may stick around in OU for a bit longer, because it can somewhat counter Baton Pass teams, with Topsy Turvy and Night Slash for Espeon.
Forcing everyone to run something as bad as Malamar to counter Baton Pass is the exact reason people are wanting to ban Baton Pass.

I've been using Assault Vest Malamar, with 252 HP 252 Atk and 4 Speed with Sticky Web Support with SuperPower, Night Slash, Psycho Cut and Rock Slide. It's deadly in RU but I doubt it would work in OU and it hates getting poisoned or burned.

seriously though I suspect the next game with tutors will give it at least Knock Off.

Having access to STAB Knock Off would make it more viable in OU. But even when Knock Off, it will remain a Pokemon that is not very good on its own and requires some team support. Its not fast enough to sweep and without Assault Vest, it can't take many special hits. I wish it had Close Combat instead of Superpower, it would have made it a superb tank/utility Pokemon.

My top 2 favourite Pokemons of this generation ended up not being good enough for OU, which is a shame.

Having access to STAB Knock Off would make it more viable in OU. But even when Knock Off, it will remain a Pokemon that is not very good on its own and requires some team support. Its not fast enough to sweep and without Assault Vest, it can't take many special hits. I wish it had Close Combat instead of Superpower, it would have made it a superb tank/utility Pokemon.
Well Knock Off is better than nothing and you never know.

My top 2 favourite Pokemons of this generation ended up not being good enough for OU, which is a shame.
Maybe it will tutor learn Close Combat in Pokemon Z/XY2/whatever.

Why would Malamar get V-Create? It's the Victini's signature move, and the only other Pokémon that get it is Rayquaza which got it after a poll to determine which is the favourite mascot Pokémon of Japanese fans, so the chance that Malamar will get a similar event are near to zero.

Sucker Punch is a much more likely addiction to its learnset in the future.

Why would Malamar get V-Create? It's the Victini's signature move, and the only other Pokémon that get it is Rayquaza which got it after a poll to determine which is the favourite mascot Pokémon of Japanese fans, so the chance that Malamar will get a similar event are near to zero.

Sucker Punch is a much more likely addiction to its learnset in the future.
Just being imaginative. Also keep in mind Inkay was the pokemon that got Happy Hour rather than Pikachu or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)