Programming Gen1to3 All-in-one Editor and Converter

Oh MetropolisJ I have a quick question. The pid that metropolis generates might not be accurate? I tried seeing if anything would be wrong if I even would want to transfer pokemon to pokemon x and y, so I uploaded them to pokecheck and the pid all say invalid... What should I do?
Here is a link to one of my pokemon
https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=9860474
There should be a legality check on the page. If not just tell me and I will send you a printscreen. You might not even need it. Anyways just thought I should tell you.

Last edited:
Oh MetropolisJ I have a quick question. The pid that metropolis generates might not be accurate? I tried seeing if anything would be wrong if I even would want to transfer pokemon to pokemon x and y, so I uploaded them to pokecheck and the pid all say invalid... What should I do?
Here is a link to one of my pokemon
https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=9860474
There should be a legality check on the page. If not just tell me and I will send you a printscreen. You might not even need it. Anyways just thought I should tell you.
Thanks for letting me know, but I'm aware of this. Your pokemon should not pass legality checks because they have not been generated legally! There are no plans to create 'legal' PIDs. Of course you're welcome to manually edit the PID to whatever you wish but this isn't the point of the program. Gen 2 to 3 converted Pokemon are illegal by definition :-)

Metropolis 1.2 is in development and will feature:
  • Sprites matching Trainer and Pokemon species on relevant screens.
  • Improved algorithm for faster reading and writing of files. Ensures files are not locked whilst using the editor (only for the short time when a save is being run).
  • Multiple window support for PKM files, save files and pokemon in storage.
  • Internal cut/copy/paste that auto-converts Pokemon from different generations, even working across multiple loaded save files.
  • Single Load button on menu for both SAV and PKM.
  • Various small bug fixes, such as closing the windows out of sequence will now cascade through dependent windows.
  • Proper Pokerus editing, validation and preservation between Gen2 and Gen3 conversion both ways.

Last edited:
That looks like a nice save editor. The only issue I have with it is that it cannot modify the main inventory. While I can maximize number of items in bags like TMs or Berries, the only way I noticed to add other items is to add them as held items. I imagine it would be more convenient if it actually could add items without such hack.

Download link for new version in original post. This is a major update, featuring numerous bug fixes and all the improvements listed above. Tested on Windows 7 and Mac OS Mavericks.

Feedback much appreciated. Currently working on item editing. Re xfix: Indeed, it would be more convenient but I want to implement it with proper validation so e.g. only Poke balls can be added to the Pokeball pocket. There aren't many ingame items you need more than one of anyway that can't be bought. Lucky egg, exp all etc aren't needed, you might as well just edit the experience points. For held items like Leftovers and Thick club, it's natural to just edit the held item anyway. The main drawback atm is no Gen 1 Items can be edited at all.

Hey I've been having issues using Metropolis. Whenever I try to load a SAV file, it gives me a "Selected file not recognised" error. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

on Windows 8.1 the download doesn't raelly work. I just get a ZIP file named metropolis.jar and it contains a bunch of random files.

It's strange - I could open previous versions of Metropolis because the download had just an "Executable JAR File" but this one does not seem to be an executable JAR file that's recognized.

EDIT: On Firefox's Download screen it shows the real name as "Metropolis.jar.zip". Just fixed it by renaming it to just Metropolis.jar!

It's strange - I could open previous versions of Metropolis because the download had just an "Executable JAR File" but this one does not seem to be an executable JAR file that's recognized.

EDIT: On Firefox's Download screen it shows the real name as "Metropolis.jar.zip". Just fixed it by renaming it to just Metropolis.jar!
Strange - I only use Chrome and it downloaded and executed as .JAR fine. Maybe Firefox autozips things or something? Glad you've got it working :-)

hi metro!
i appreciate you work. but there is a little problem
i can't get access with my emerald sav. file.
for blue, crystal etc. is working without problems.
only my emerald file is causing the "Selected file not recognised" to pop up.
i'll send you my file. maybe you can work it out.
i'll send you my sav. file in a zip file, because, this homepage doesn't seem to reckognise the sav files as upload.

Attachments

Thanks phantomas. The problem is the size of the save file - your's is 66KB.
When ripped from a real GBA cartridge, the size is 128KB, and standard emulators will output a file of this size when Export Battery Save is run.
Then you edit it, then you import battery save back in.

I tried running an emulator with your save and get the in-game error saying the data was corrupted or erased. Sorry there's nothing I can do to help, you should ask on an emulator-specific forum how to get the 128KB you'll need.

How do you transfer the Pokémon from III Generation digital emulator game to III Generation physical cartridge?
Google, there's free tools online using a DS flashcard that goes in the top of DS Lite and GBA game goes in the bottom. I'm not sure if it's allowed to be discussed here, it's off topic anyway.

I'm sorry if the thread was dead but I have a question.
When I try to save the changes in my sav by using the Save As command, it says "Game could not saved".

Also when trying to save normally (after editing a pokemon) the .sav does not save.

I'm sorry if the thread was dead but I have a question.
When I try to save the changes in my sav by using the Save As command, it says "Game could not saved".

Also when trying to save normally (after editing a pokemon) the .sav does not save.
The thread isn't dead until I cease to provide support for the app :-)

Is the file you're trying to edit read-only or in a folder you can't edit? Try copying it to your Desktop first or running Java as administrator.

I am trying to load this .sav file i have editted in openemu and it just loads my old save with a level 5 mudkip. I am playing ruby on a mac. thnks for your help.

try saving again in the game (ruby) then with this new save, edit the poke or whatever, some times the blocks of the save pass from 14 to 0, if you understand me

I am trying to load this .sav file i have editted in openemu and it just loads my old save with a level 5 mudkip. I am playing ruby on a mac. thnks for your help.
Reason for this is each save file consists of 2 save files - this is so the game can restore the previous file if corruption occurs. What has happened is the flags of which game is the current and which the backup have got mixed around. Easily resolvable by opening and saving TWICE between using different editors.
Metropolis Editor detects which is the current save and edits that one.

I'm having a problem with saving. It fails even if I make no changes. I originally used it to "trade" the other 2 starters to my team. Currently trying to "trade" evolve my graveller and kadabra.

Edit: It creates a 0KB file when trying to save.

Edit 2: Actually, I think I used A-Save previously because I couldn't get Metropolis to save anything.

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)