UU Volt-Turning team

Hi! This is my first post and rmt. I would also like to say before the tons of criticism that I like to do things in a really farfetched way, so while some things seem peculiar, they seem to work for me.

Crobat
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

Crobat is nice and fast, a decent lead against hazard setters thanks to Defog. Acrobatics is for reliable stab, as opposed to the recoil inducing Brave Bird, and still hitting at a decent 110, and higher PP. U-turn is obviously apart to the whole volt turning concept of the team. Roost is always nice to have, either to stall or restore some last-hope HP.

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Roost
- Earthquake

Gligar is another lead, and the basic physical wall of the team. He couples Greatly with Victini, allowing the user to use an ice type move and easily bring in the massive sweeper. Stealth Rock is for setting up rocks, obviously. U-turn is for the key concept. Roost for stall healing. Earthquake for reliable stab.

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse

The mega and special wall of the team, Amphy here is used mostly for its massive special attack. A stab thunderbolt or even volt switch hits incredibly hard, meaning volt switch is a good option to cripple any switches, and them switch in the best counter.

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

Rotom Heat is here for a fire type and a decent annoying pokemon. Not only can it cripple opponents with thunder wave, overheat rips up any pokemon, unless it's resisted its almost a guaranteed KO. And if the opponent is paralyzed, he goes fast as well. He's the backup sweeper, you could say. Thunderbolt is reliable stab, volt switch is keep things going.

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt
- V-create
- U-turn

Victini is the staple of the team, he sweeps everything with V-create with no doubt, again, a guaranteed KO, 99% of the time. Zen headbutt is reliable stab, bolt strike is for pesky water types, U-turn is again, for the concept.

Swampert @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Yawn

Swampert, the only pokemon without U turn or Volt Switch. Yawn is perfect for sweepers to stop them in their tracks. But what's so weird? The item? Yes, it raises attack when HP is under 1/3rd. Complimented by stab, and torrent, a waterfall hits unbelievably hard. To get technical, it would do x2.5 damage. And this is all without any moves or waste of time. Is it worth it? Sometimes. But since Swampy isn't too fast, he can't use it as great as others could, although it can most definitely help our in a pinch, like the Liechi Berry says in its description.

This team honestly is not that good. It is weak to common Water attacks, with only Ampharos to pivot into them only when Mega Evolved. It also has some pretty mediocre sets, such as Itemless Crobat, Liechi Swampert, and Gligar on a offensively biased team. You are also absurdly weak to Rocks, becoming overreliant on a Defog. All setup sweepers can beat you as you lack any relavant revenge killer, and you are quite easy to setup on. This makes you a piece of cake the moment anything boosts its speed. On top of this, Mega-Houndoom 6-0's you, as it will OHKO every mon you have at +2 / with Sun up. You are also extremely status weak, which can become an issue for such a offensive team. Overall, this team needs help in order to succeed in the metagame, but has some hope.

In order to fix all of the above issues, I highly reccomend replacing Gligar with Scarf Mienshao. This is because Gligar severely hamper's your team's ability to succeed, not only losing tons of offensive pressure on the opponent, but also creating more weaknesses with the rest of your team. Mienshao can still U-Turn, and I added it due to it being able to be a reliable revenge killer (the best in the current meta), as well as being a great check to Mega-Houndoom, OHKO'ing it every time. This takes a lot of pressure off the rest of the team, and just makes the team more solid.

The next thing I would do is to change Rotom-H to Offensive Shaymin. Reducing the amount of SR weak mons down to two can be important for a Volt-Turn team as you often will not get the chance to use Defog. Offensive Shaymin is good for the team, as it still has Amazing bulk, meaning it can consistently pivot into Water types such as Mega-Toise without issue, taking some pressure off of your team to tank a hit. It also has Natural Cure, a major boon to the rest of your rather status weak team, switching in and out to prevent the rest of your members from being statused.

Minor Changes:
Crobat: Black Sludge > No Item, as having Recovery + Brave Bird negate's large amounts of BB's recoil, but a reliable STAB as well as reliable recovery to pivot in more often is key. 176 HP / 192 Def / 4 SpD / 136 Spe EV Spread. It maximizes your bulk, allows you to outspeed everything up to 115 base speed pokemon such as Azelf, and the 4 Spd lets you beat the uncommon but still existing Download mons.
Swampert: Leftovers > Liechi Berry, as swampert currently is the glue holding your team together, meaning it will need recovery to help it switch in more than once. Liechi Berry is also very unreliable to activate, and Swampert's low speed means that even under 25% with a boost it wont do anything. Stealth Rocks > Ice Punch, as Swampert is a much better stealth rocker for your team than gligar, and helps you support your team.

Hope this helped.

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator / Reckless
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Psychic / Air Slash
- Rest / Synthesis

Thank you for your help! You are correct on most of these. I used to have a Hitmontop instead of Gligar, however it was somewhat useless, and I wanted a more offensive pokemon. I guess I forgot about it using rapid spin. I will use your suggestions. Again, thank you!

Its a decent team but these things i would change;

Crobat: Since you use him for defog and not for a taunt anti-lead i would recommend a different moveset and ev spread. Brawlfest suggested a tanky supportish Crobat just for the defog but if you want to use him more offensivly i'd recommend this set.

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
~ Brave Bird
~ Defog
~ Roost
~ U-turn

You can swap infiltrator with inner focus to counter Fake out leads but sometimes Infiltrator does come in handy. Brave Bird is a must if you have Roost to negate the recoil and with Black Sludge most damage is recovered. Personally i think taunt is amazing on such a fast Pokémon stopping many stall walls like Florges, Suicune and such. They cant Wish Protect or Rest Sleep Talk stall you out to ensure their victory. I have been trying out Crobat without Roost to give him the Defog and Taunt. The EV spread makes sure to kill certain things while being able to take a hit.

Gligar: As Brawlfest suggested, remove Gligar. Gligar and Swampert do basically the same thing: Stealth Rock. Gligar can have taunt to stop other Stealth Rock leads but is a bit too slow for that. Scarfshao is amazingly fast and is able to outspeed even scarfed Victini. Mienshao Crobat is also a fun combo to play around with giving there U-turns and resistances.

Rotom-H: Having 2 Fire Pokémon is also not adviced because sometimes you just cant switch in with a defogger/rapid spinner. Therefore crippling your possiblities in switching as you dont want to take 25% damage for free. Vicitni also give you the Fire type and even has an Electric move so Rotom-H is a bit unnessesary in this team. Shaymin is a good alternative, dealing with the bulky Water types. Due to the absence of any special wall you might want to consider Specially Defensive Shaymin:

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpDef / 8 SpA
Calm Nature
~ Leech Seed
~ Substitute
~ Seed Flare
~ Hidden Power (Fire)

With this set you can switch into a special attacking water type for example, Substitute and while behind it Leech Seed the incoming Pokémon. Now you arent behind a sub anymore but you have the leech seed on the opponent and therefore gaining enough recovery to be almost at full HP again. Now you can switch into whatever you want while gaining the Leech Seed recovery. I like this moveset on Shaymin as it can check many Pokémon and is only countered by Grass types or Magic Bounce. Though Hidden Power Fire can do alot to Mega-Aggron and grass types.

Swampert: It is best to use Swampert as a defensive Stealth Rocker. With a defensive EV spread it can still hit hard due to its high Atk and take many physical hits with great health and defense.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 8 Atk
Impish Nature
~ Stealth Rock
~ Waterfall
~ Earthquake
~ Toxic/Roar

Try some things out from either Brawlfest or my own suggestions and see what works best or you think is better for your playstyle. Play with what youre comfortable with but try different things and see how it works

Good luck on the future battles and teambuilding ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)