Kyurem-B(itch) and Hyper Offense (peaked 1826 Elo and #77 on the ladder)

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Teambuilding Process:

Basically me and my friend came up with the idea for laddering with a DeoSharp Hyper Offense team during a Showdown Live for my channel and so most of the teambuilding and testing occurs in the video below, including my idea to include Kyurem-B to pressure Defog and stall.

tl:dr version of the video, Deoxys-D and Greninja suck dick.

------------------------
The Team:

Not Ubers (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Mild Nature
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

Kyurem-B is definitely the star supporter of the team, smashing through common stall team archetypes such as MegaVenuTran that typically harass offense teams, while recovering possible status damage and LO recoil with Roost. (Note: Teravolt allows Kyurem to bypass abilities like Thick Fat, Multiscale and Levitate, making Mega Venusaur, Dragonite, and Rotom-W respectively susceptible to Kyurem’s moves.)
Chansey is really the only common stall Pokemon that stands up to Kyurem, which is why I have considered Outrage over Fusion Bolt for a Physical STAB that can 2HKO the blobs, however, Bisharp and Zard X often have few problems handling Chansey anyway.

Kyurem slays some common users of Defog like Zapdos and Mandibuzz to ease pressure off of Bisharp, as well as bulky Ground types like Landorus-T and Hippowdon that can threaten Charizard-X.
Max speed allows Kyurem to outspeed and OHKO threats like Standard Lucario and Dragonite, as well as outspeed 267 Spd Zard X and Jolly Mega Ttar.

A Mild nature is used to power up Kyurem’s devastating Ice Beam and Earth Power while keeping his monstrous Attack intact for Fusion Bolt, which allows for Super Effective blows on Skarmory and Azumarril, while fully taking advantage of Kyurem’s better resistances on the Special side to make switching into Pokemon like Rotom-W easier.
Kyurem is also the only Pokemon on this team that handles Quagsire well.

GUCCI (Excadrill) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Jolly Scarf Mold Breaker Excadrill is a Pokemon I was initially very skeptical about, but after some testing it delivers quite well and matches the fast paced offense style of this team, sometimes landing surprise KOs on speedy Pokemon like Talonflame and Greninja that could otherwise bully a frail, offensive team like this one while also providing a semi-reliable way of removing opposing hazards only (unlike Defog).
JollyScarf Excadrill also provides a failsafe against many dangerous set up sweepers that Deoxys-S often can’t handle such as +1 Adamant Zard X and +1 Mega Tyranitar.

Being locked into Earthquake sounds like a terrible idea on paper, but Excadrill manages to spam it quite well thanks to Mold Breaker, allowing it to hit Pokemon with Levitate like Latios.
Access to its secondary STAB allows Excadrill to heavily damage Fairy types that can harass Kyurem and Thundurus with either their typing or special bulk respectively, while Rock Slide can take down opposing Thundurus and other Flying types.
I did end up trying Latios over Excadrill at one point but it made the team very Pursuit weak and extremely Tyranitar and Aegislash weak bar Bisharp, plus, Defog often ended up blowing away my own hazards too which was annoying. Excadrill just had better synergy with the team overall, making a solid offensive core with Zard X.

DefNotUbers (Deoxys-Speed) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Superpower

As evidenced by the previous member, this team loves to go fast, and Deoxys-S is no exception. Deoxys is often a solid lead to set up entry hazards quickly and efficiently early game, then switching out to preserve its usefulness as a revenge killer, or to simply set up hazards again once the opponent’s Defog or Rapid Spin user is gone.

Ice Beam is a great coverage move to counter other hazard leads like Garchomp (running just enough SAtk EVs to OHKO it) and Landorus-T, and can also deal decent damage to common Defog Pokemon like Latios and Mandibuzz.
I opted for a STAB move in Psycho Boost instead of another entry hazard move for a strong, reliable option to hit targets for neutral damage before going down. Psycho Boost also allows Deoxys-S to smack Fighting types like Keldeo and Conkeldurr, which my team is otherwise very weak to, and Deoxys-D sets up multiple hazards better anyway.

Superpower ensures I'm not fodder for other Bisharp and Tyranitar and also allows me to hit opposing Excadrill hard.

Choice Scarf Garchomp is another huge threat that Deoxys can reliably revenge kill for my team, otherwise it easily runs through me in the hands of a smart player.

Lt. Aldo (Bisharp) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

The second half of the legendary DeoSharp core is quite the nifty attacker indeed, thanks to its excellent ability Defiant. Bisharp is a great answer to the Defoggers that Kyurem can’t really handle on its own, Latios, Latias, and Scizor, and even gets an Attack boost if they use Defog on it, making him a great partner to have on teams with a suicide hazard lead.
Cancelling out the secondary effect of King’s Shield also makes Bisharp a nice Aegislash check, being able to spam Knock Off at will against it and do a huge chunk to it even in Shield form.
Iron Head hits Pokemon that resist Dark for a decent chunk, including Tyranitar, Mandibuzz and Azumarril, the chance to flinch is nice too.

Aside from discouraging Defog, Bisharp is a decent answer for wearing down slower, bulkier Pokemon like Ferrothorn, Mandibuzz, Scizor, and Chansey by removing their items.
A couple of Zard X’s typical checks like Defensive Gyarados and Landorus-T only make Bisharp stronger rather than weaker with Intimidate, and Bisharp can deal a massive chunk to these Pokemon with Knock Off as well as crippling them by removing their Leftovers for Zard to come back in and sweep later.
Fast, offensive Pokemon are also threatened by Bisharp thanks to its access to a powerful STAB priority move in Sucker Punch, and if hazards are up Bisharp can often KO many common offensive threats.
Stealth Rocks have been added in the 4th slot simply because all the other moves I tried saw little use and Stealth Rock allows Deoxys-S to use Spikes and Bisharp threatens a lot of the common Defoggers and Spinners, not to mention the plethora of switches it forces, making it a great hazard setter.

GENWUN! (Charizard) (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 40 HP/ 252 Atk / 216 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Near the end of our teambuilding process we realized we hadn’t used our Mega slot yet, and the first Pokemon that came to mind for the team was Charizard-X.

Zard-X has great synergy with the rest of the team, especially Excadrill, and is my main late game sweeper, often sweeping successfully with just one boost thanks to Deoxys-S’s reliable hazard setting, Kyurem and Bisharp’s wall breaking capabilities, great dual STABs, and good offensive stats. Charizard also added a little more bulk to the team and can further support itself with reliable recovery in Roost, mostly from hazard damage and priority attacks.

Charizard is the team’s go to switch in to bulky Steel type Pokemon not weak to Earthquake, such as Ferrothorn and Scizor, and often has few issues setting up on them. Charizard X is also a decent answer to the common Zard-Y teams, being able to set up on Zard-Y itself and then blow through some of its common teammates with relative ease, even benefitting from Drought.
Zard runs just enough Speed EVs to outspeed opposing neutral natured Kyurem-B unboosted and Scarf KyuB at +1 (fuck that thing seriously), the rest invested in some extra bulk.

Volke III (Thundurus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave

Nasty Plot Thundurus is a staple on offense for good reason, being the main muscle of the team on the special side, and being able to set up on and pressure physically tanky Pokemon that can wall most of my team. Thundurus gets great coverage from just HP Ice and its excellent Electric STAB, and often has little problem sweeping teams late game once faster checks have been KOed.
Speaking of faster threats, Thundurus also services the team defensively with Prankster Thunder Wave to cripple fast threats for Kyurem, Bisharp , and Zard-X to KO later, or to halt a rampant sweeper that managed to set up on me. Once again, the 4 EVs in Def instead of HP maximize the number of times I can switch in on Rocks.
Life Orb gives HP Ice a much needed kick in power to OHKO threats like Garchomp and Landorus-T without boosts while also making Thundurus incredibly powerful after single Nasty Plot

Conclusion:

Obviously the team isn’t perfect, and there are still some threats that concern my ability to climb the ladder:

As stated earlier, ScarfChomp outpaces and KOes nearly my entire team and cannot be paralyzed with Thunder Wave, which is simply awful, meaning I have to rely on Deoxys to keep it in check.
I had a similar problem with a Sand Rush Excadrill once, and I ended up losing that battle because I couldn’t even rely on Deoxys to outspeed it or KO it.
Quagsire is a real nuisance to break, the best I can do usually is Knock Off its Lefties then dance around it in order to safely switch Kyurem-B in to avoid switching in on Toxic (this has happened before and while I still won the match it was not fun at all). Chansey provides a similar problem, though Bisharp and Zard both set up on it.
Keldeo checks so much of my team it isn't even funny, and it also resists quite a few of my attacks and every time it safely comes in with those damn Spectacles it becomes a guessing game to conserve one of my Pokemon. Azumarril is also in this boat to an extent.
Fuck Baton Pass.

Last edited:

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Hello Darkonness.

I'm not sure what ladder scores on PS can be taken seriously (I'm like 1950s or some shit in less than an hour) so I can't really gauge this team's ability to function by that alone.

That said, it's time for me to get into the rate.

Things with any strong Fighting-STAB like Keldeo look like huge pains for this team to deal with: seriously, besides the not-so-bulky Deo-S, you have zero switch ins really. Your weakness to MegaDD Tyranitar is so huge that it's probably going to get top priority from me in terms of adjusting the team to deal with it. +2 murders everything alive on this team. Scarf Garchomp / Excadrill / Landorus-T / anything with a Ground-STAB looks rather annoying to face, especially since Thundurus is not switching in safely at all.

First, I'm going to fix these weird as Zubatshit sets, though.

The first order of change should be Deoxys-D > Deoxys-S, especially since you are trying to benefit from the Spikes, and Deo-D is the best at getting the spikes up then Deo-S. (Item choice and moves up to you -- anything is better than that Deo-S; personally, Red Card is neat since fuck you Baton Pass bullshit).

Erm, I'd use Life Orb Roost KyuB, if only because a.) the power is needed in this metagame; b.) Fusion Bolt isn't breaking Chansey anyway it's gonna stall you out of Fusion Bolt PP easily so what's the point really; c.) Roost provides much more longevity, and d.) Substitute is not at all that useful seeing how hard it is to set up / maintain it when you need the LO against stall for many reasons (reason A is Clefable and reason B is Venusaur, as without the LO boost you're missing out). You can switch those HP evs out and put them into attack if you want to hit Chansey harder,but it really doesn't matter quite frankly. Probably be best to go into SpA anyway.

Charizard-X is good with nature and attacks . . . but what the hell are you doing with no HP evs? Do you know just how many games I'vewon using my DDRoostCharizard thanks to me living by 1% to the HP investment (fuck you Keldeo, seriously)? Because Adamant max speed outruns an impressive achievement of absolutely nothing that Adamant nature does without max speed (unless Modest Mega-Zam and Jolly Dragonite count?? -- and iirc you speed tie the ladder example). Run only [/b]266[/b] (or was it 267?) speed (not evs but speed tier) so jolly MegaTTar can't outspeed you, and invest the rest into HP.

Now we can move on to that weird as hell Thundurus. What are you doing with Nasty Plot + Thunder Wave (especially considering you run HP Ice and not HP Flying). That set is too weird for me to grasp.I don't even know what it's doing -- what can it do that Scarf Excadrill isn't (every common scarfer Excadril can't outspeed is a Ground Type -- think Garchomp and Landorus-T -- and so they won't be paralyzed). Without the proper move coverage, Nasty Plot falls very short,especially with . . . ahem . . . Sitrius Berry and not Life Orb. I honestly have no idea what to do with it. Honestly, you'd probably do better with DD Gyarados in Thundurus' place (no I'm not making a mistake no where did I say run Mega Gyarados). Either Moxie or Intimidate works, but note that Initimidate allows you to set up on the threats to the team while Moxie enables easier sweeps. It's preference depending on how you play really. I'd prefer Moxie but Intimidate is the safest option. It helps with every threat against this team besides the +2 Mega Tyranitar. Gyarados does well since it's pretty versatile: you can run Taunt / Substitute on it to stop Stall, and can even utilize Bounce if you wanted (although KyuB breaks everything you'd use Bounce to hit except the Conkeldurr). Also note that the item choice is open too, like you can run an item depending on what you feel is the biggest threat: if you feel like you can't play around Mega Tyranitar even with Scarf Excadril, feel free to run Rock-resist berry so that you may get another Dragon Dance on the Tyranitar; run Lum Berry if you find Thunder Wave Thundurus an issue; and run Leftovers is you prefer longevity (and maybe even a Substutitute, too).

Honestly, Swords Dance on Bisharp is so lackluster: use the Taunt instead. I run a similar team to yours (I intentionally made some changes to make your team a bit more different and unique to mine, since I didn't want the fixes to basically be my team) but, Taunt Bisharp + DeoD + ZardX is a core I've been using myself. You see, Taunt prevents Defog's use entirely, and most stall has answers to +2 Bisharps (like Quags) so Taunt really messes them up. You stop stall cold with it; it's more effective than Swords Dance by far in this regard. Taunt also shuts down Baton Pass since no one Baton Passess into Espeon on Bisharp. (And fuckwits on that shitty Baton Pass thread say common OU mons can't adjust. MY ASS imo.)

Other than that, I don't have much to say. I avoided making some fixes so it wasn't too similar to my team (I'll share you my team if you PM, but otherwise...)

Good Luck! :)

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
Hello Darkonness.

I'm not sure what ladder scores on PS can be taken seriously (I'm like 1950s or some shit in less than an hour) so I can't really gauge this team's ability to function by that alone.

That said, it's time for me to get into the rate.

Things with any strong Fighting-STAB like Keldeo look like huge pains for this team to deal with: seriously, besides the not-so-bulky Deo-S, you have zero switch ins really. Your weakness to MegaDD Tyranitar is so huge that it's probably going to get top priority from me in terms of adjusting the team to deal with it. +2 murders everything alive on this team. Scarf Garchomp / Excadrill / Landorus-T / anything with a Ground-STAB looks rather annoying to face, especially since Thundurus is not switching in safely at all.

First, I'm going to fix these weird as Zubatshit sets, though.

The first order of change should be Deoxys-D > Deoxys-S, especially since you are trying to benefit from the Spikes, and Deo-D is the best at getting the spikes up then Deo-S. (Item choice and moves up to you -- anything is better than that Deo-S; personally, Red Card is neat since fuck you Baton Pass bullshit).

Erm, I'd use Life Orb Roost KyuB, if only because a.) the power is needed in this metagame; b.) Fusion Bolt isn't breaking Chansey anyway it's gonna stall you out of Fusion Bolt PP easily so what's the point really; c.) Roost provides much more longevity, and d.) Substitute is not at all that useful seeing how hard it is to set up / maintain it when you need the LO against stall for many reasons (reason A is Clefable and reason B is Venusaur, as without the LO boost you're missing out). You can switch those HP evs out and put them into attack if you want to hit Chansey harder,but it really doesn't matter quite frankly. Probably be best to go into SpA anyway.

Charizard-X is good with nature and attacks . . . but what the hell are you doing with no HP evs? Do you know just how many games I'vewon using my DDRoostCharizard thanks to me living by 1% to the HP investment (fuck you Keldeo, seriously)? Because Adamant max speed outruns an impressive achievement of absolutely nothing that Adamant nature does without max speed (unless Modest Mega-Zam and Jolly Dragonite count?? -- and iirc you speed tie the ladder example). Run only [/b]266[/b] (or was it 267?) speed (not evs but speed tier) so jolly MegaTTar can't outspeed you, and invest the rest into HP.

Now we can move on to that weird as hell Thundurus. What are you doing with Nasty Plot + Thunder Wave (especially considering you run HP Ice and not HP Flying). That set is too weird for me to grasp.I don't even know what it's doing -- what can it do that Scarf Excadrill isn't (every common scarfer Excadril can't outspeed is a Ground Type -- think Garchomp and Landorus-T -- and so they won't be paralyzed). Without the proper move coverage, Nasty Plot falls very short,especially with . . . ahem . . . Sitrius Berry and not Life Orb. I honestly have no idea what to do with it. Honestly, you'd probably do better with DD Gyarados in Thundurus' place (no I'm not making a mistake no where did I say run Mega Gyarados). Either Moxie or Intimidate works, but note that Initimidate allows you to set up on the threats to the team while Moxie enables easier sweeps. It's preference depending on how you play really. I'd prefer Moxie but Intimidate is the safest option. It helps with every threat against this team besides the +2 Mega Tyranitar. Gyarados does well since it's pretty versatile: you can run Taunt / Substitute on it to stop Stall, and can even utilize Bounce if you wanted (although KyuB breaks everything you'd use Bounce to hit except the Conkeldurr). Also note that the item choice is open too, like you can run an item depending on what you feel is the biggest threat: if you feel like you can't play around Mega Tyranitar even with Scarf Excadril, feel free to run Rock-resist berry so that you may get another Dragon Dance on the Tyranitar; run Lum Berry if you find Thunder Wave Thundurus an issue; and run Leftovers is you prefer longevity (and maybe even a Substutitute, too).

Honestly, Swords Dance on Bisharp is so lackluster: use the Taunt instead. I run a similar team to yours (I intentionally made some changes to make your team a bit more different and unique to mine, since I didn't want the fixes to basically be my team) but, Taunt Bisharp + DeoD + ZardX is a core I've been using myself. You see, Taunt prevents Defog's use entirely, and most stall has answers to +2 Bisharps (like Quags) so Taunt really messes them up. You stop stall cold with it; it's more effective than Swords Dance by far in this regard. Taunt also shuts down Baton Pass since no one Baton Passess into Espeon on Bisharp. (And fuckwits on that shitty Baton Pass thread say common OU mons can't adjust. MY ASS imo.)

Other than that, I don't have much to say. I avoided making some fixes so it wasn't too similar to my team (I'll share you my team if you PM, but otherwise...)

Good Luck! :)
First of all thanks for the great rate and feel free to disregard anything I said about PS ranking honestly. It's just a gratuitous trend I see on these toxic as hell RMT forums and I thought eh why not.

I really like the idea of LO KyuB so I'll definitely test that instead, thank you.

If you watched the video you would know why I came to dislike Deo-D. But you do have a point in regards to Spikes sucking on Deo-S. So instead what I might do is divert those 24 HP EVs to Attack and run another coverage move like Superpower or Knock Off. There's been too many situations in which I wished I had one of those moves. Probably Superpower since you mentioned my massive Ttar weakness.

Also thank you for suggesting a more efficient Zard X, I could definitely use the extra bulk. But I'll also ask if Jolly max Speed does anything significant? Because I could also just switch to that.

I'm a bit skeptical about your Bisharp suggestion just because I think it's a tad slow to be running Taunt but I suppose it's worth a try anyway since I do hate dEniissss or whatever his name is.

And finally I actually based that Thundurus off of one on an existing, successful team that is currently in the RMT archives(as shown in the video), and it also ran Nasty Plot + Thunder Wave and it's worked for me pretty well actually so I'm gonna go ahead and keep it for now (I dislike the idea of having so much more physical offense than special offense by replacing Thundurus with Gyarados). I'll give LO a shot on it though (the one I saw in the archives used Leftovers and I thought that was even more pointless than having a Sitrus, I mean at least Sitrus comes in handy for a couple justifiable situations).

Thanks again for the rate

Last edited:

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
EQ>roost on DD sweep, you arent relying on him to sweep whole teams cause he cant. A lot of common threats 2hko charx doing more damage than roost brings back. EQ gives you much more sweeping capability, allowing you to take care of heatran and opposing fire types like darmanitan (ik its uu but to me it shoule be ou because its a BEAST). Azumarill counters scarfchomp and fits HO perfectly despite its speed. It would also help you with conkeldurr, which without deo-s can be a problem (and deos cant switch in to knock off anyways).

Knight of Cydonia

I COULD BE BANNED!
Shurtugal "I'm like 1950s or some shit in less than an hour" That's pretty impressive you must have been winning nearly a battle a minute!

As for the team there are a couple of things you can change to increase its effectiveness. First off a better spread for your Zard would be 144 HP / 240 Atk / 4 SDef / 120 Spd - since you run Adamant you can afford to go bulkier. This lets you set up on defensive Rotom-w etc while still outspeeding the relevant stuff after the boost such as Greninja, and the scarfers like Keldeo at +2. Sitrus Berry is more situational than Lefties or Life Orb in general, either of these are better, more consistent options for Thundurus.

For Bisharp you can probably change the moveset to improve the match up against stall. I would try Pursuit over Swords Dance. This lets you wear down Chansey without it switching out freely so Kyurem-B can clean up the rest easily against standard stall teams. If Quagsire is bothering you still even with this change preventing Kyurem-b being stalled out, you can actually try Grass Knot on Bisharp over Swords Dance. Sounds crazy I know but it works against the standard stall teams and it could be especially effective for your team since it walls so much of it as it stands.

Seems solid enough apart from this, good luck.

Ok so here's my rate :)

First, I think EQ > Flare Blitz would be a wise choice. I know not running a Fire-STAB might seem weird, but right now Offensive Tran seems really annoying for this team as nothing really wants to switch into a Fire Blast except for Charizard-X. As such, I think running EQ to hit it super-effectively would be very helpful.

As of right now I'm seeing a serious Fighting weakness in this team. You mentioned Keldeo being a bitch and I can easily see why. I do like Scarf Excadrill, but I feel like A. It has a hard time Rapid Spinning for Zard-X/Thundy due to it being Choice-locked and B. If only adds to your weaknesses of Fighting. As such, I think a Lati > Excadrill would be a smart decision. With it, you can Defog more easily, giving shit like Charizard-X much more longevity. It also gives you something to actually switch into Specs Keldeo.

Since ScarfDrill is gone, I think you're really in need of a revenge killer. My recommendation would be switching Deo-S to a LO Stealth Rock variant. This give you a way to revenge shit that you mentioned being a threat to your team while still being able to set up hazards quite easily. It also means you don't have to use Deo-S; something you pointed out that you hated.

Finally idk what Shurtugal was talking about, your Thundy set is awesome. The only thing I would change would be Life Orb/Leftovers > Sitrus Berry. Life Orb is helpful for breaking stall, while Leftovers give you more longevity.

I think one threat to this team with my changes would be Bisharp; I think you're going to have to learn to play around it in order to beat it. Like, you really can't let this thing get a Swords Dance up or else it's basically GG... I mean it already KO's Excadrill with Sucker Punch anyways at +2 so it's not like it can revenge kill it anyways... You may want to consider running HP Fighting on your Lati to OHKO it (252 SpA Life Orb Latias Hidden Power Fighting vs. 32 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 411-484 (147.3 - 173.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO)

Anyways good team/peak, hope these help :)

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
New peak 1819 after some changes. Thanks everybody!

Changes that are probably staying and will be updated on the post ASAP:

LO Roost Kyurem is amazing thanks Shurtugal for recommending it.

Superpower > Spikes on DeoxysS and I might switch to LO on it too. Still on the fence about that. Will do calcs later to decide.

The extra HP EVs on Zard I suppose. But not being able to outrun opposing Kyurems is annoying. May bump the speed back up to neutral 96 if I see opposing Kyurem enough.

Not convinced about losing SD on Bisharp tbh. Out of all the suggestions for that slot Pursuit has been the most useful though.

LO > Sitrus on Thundurus will probably happen.

LightningLuxray Kyurem, Deoxys-S and Excadrill already handle Heatran well and I'm just not too keen on losing my most powerful and spammable move. Seriously Flare Blitz is my most used move on Zard and without it Mega Scizor walks all over my team.
I already tested Latios and it was very underwhelming. Will test it again though.

UPDATE: Met my goal of top 100! Whooo!

Again, thanks everyone

Last edited:
Yo, sorry it took a while. It will be hard suggesting reasonable changes to a pretty well built team lol. Most of the people here already mentioned some pretty good changes. I would suggest Pursuit > Swords Dance on Bisharp. Lati@s pose a huge threat to your your main wallbreaker and sweeper, especially since you run less Speed on XZard. Bisharp effectively traps both and sets the stage for XZard to sweep late game, unobstructed. Just watch out for those HP Fires (and I could swear some run HP Fighting).

Not much to say really. Great team! Hope my suggestions help. Good luck on the ladder!

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Knight of Cydonia (Yeah, I meant like 1-2 hours, I worded that incorrectly. I have about 100+ battles total -- like 90+ wins and a 12 or so losses.)

Anyway,

Earthquake on ZardX is redundant when KyuB can lure Heatran and Earth Power it imo @LightnigLuxray

As for the Latios > Excadril, I'm not sure how that'd work when using Deo-S considering it's a suicide hazard lead (suicide hazard lead + defog support doesn't seem ideal to me). Darkoness, seeing as how you are considering other moves over Spikes, it tells me that you aren't trying to utilize the Spikes hazard. I'd put on Life Orb on Deo-S -- it forces enough switches to get SR.

Defog support is fine if you utilize Deo-S as more of a revenge-killer with SR since Exca's scarf role won't be needed as much due to the extra power oomph being enough for Deo-S to fill this role. Mind you, it will be harder to set SR, but honestly the Defog support is probably for the best.

That said, I'd invest in either Taunt or Pursuit (or even both if you find yourself not using Iron Head) over Swords Dance as well.

Good Luck!

PS: While KyuB is nice, I feel like the team is no longer using KyuB to pressure Defog users since you aren't utilizing what it brings to the table: it allows Spikes to stay on the field. I'd feel Deo-D + Scarf Exca would probably be better then Deo-S + Defog, especially since KyuB pressures Defog users and ZardX can utilize the Spikes very well! Also, Excadril Scarf is a pretty good answer to KyuB imo, as it lures in and KOs Life Orb with IHead and can wall Outrage and revenge KO Scarf (and nullify Fusion Bolt). With Scarf Exca on this team, I see no reason to run maximum speed on the ZardX you no longer need to jump Scarf KyuB imo -- it's forced to Outrage, and you can go into the Excadril. Please consider a DeoD variant, as it fully utilizes every Pokemon on this team much more efficently: KyuB pressures Defog, ZardX and Gyara abuse the hazards for an easy sweep, Excadril is guaranteed Spin so they can lategame, and Bisharp's Taunt with KyuB makes SpikeSpamming a sinch.

Knight of Cydonia (Yeah, I meant like 1-2 hours, I worded that incorrectly. I have about 100+ battles total -- like 90+ wins and a 12 or so losses.)

Anyway,

Earthquake on ZardX is redundant when KyuB can lure Heatran and Earth Power it imo @LightnigLuxray

As for the Latios > Excadril, I'm not sure how that'd work when using Deo-S considering it's a suicide hazard lead (suicide hazard lead + defog support doesn't seem ideal to me). Darkoness, seeing as how you are considering other moves over Spikes, it tells me that you aren't trying to utilize the Spikes hazard. I'd put on Life Orb on Deo-S -- it forces enough switches to get SR.

Defog support is fine if you utilize Deo-S as more of a revenge-killer with SR since Exca's scarf role won't be needed as much due to the extra power oomph being enough for Deo-S to fill this role. Mind you, it will be harder to set SR, but honestly the Defog support is probably for the best.

That said, I'd invest in either Taunt or Pursuit (or even both if you find yourself not using Iron Head) over Swords Dance as well.

Good Luck!

PS: While KyuB is nice, I feel like the team is no longer using KyuB to pressure Defog users since you aren't utilizing what it brings to the table: it allows Spikes to stay on the field. I'd feel Deo-D + Scarf Exca would probably be better then Deo-S + Defog, especially since KyuB pressures Defog users and ZardX can utilize the Spikes very well! Also, Excadril Scarf is a pretty good answer to KyuB imo, as it lures in and KOs Life Orb with IHead and can wall Outrage and revenge KO Scarf (and nullify Fusion Bolt). With Scarf Exca on this team, I see no reason to run maximum speed on the ZardX you no longer need to jump Scarf KyuB imo -- it's forced to Outrage, and you can go into the Excadril. Please consider a DeoD variant, as it fully utilizes every Pokemon on this team much more efficently: KyuB pressures Defog, ZardX and Gyara abuse the hazards for an easy sweep, Excadril is guaranteed Spin so they can lategame, and Bisharp's Taunt with KyuB makes SpikeSpamming a sinch.
Lol Cube does not lure Tran, like literally almost every single Kyurem-B runs Earth Power... o_o

Also the reason I suggested Defog support is because I also suggested turning lead Deo-S into Life Orb Deo-S, making Defogging your own hazards a lot less of an issue.

But yeah, I agree that Deo-D + Scarf Exca may be better since he's already had so much success with the team as-is.

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
Mmmm I'm liking the new rates thank you.

Now begins the climb to top ten!
So the first order of business is going for Deoxys-D > Deoxys-S.
Deoxys-S has been great but I also much prefer ScarfDrill over Lati@s. That's just my personal preference and I feel much more comfortable playing with ScarfDrill. And like Shurtugal said I'm really missing out without Spikes.
But yeah the first Deo-D set I tried was piss.
Shurtugal and LightningLuxray want to recommend a Deo-D set for me?
Oh and Shurtugal any suggestions on a Gyarados spread?

Last edited:
Here's the Deo-D set that's been going around the ladder recently:

Deoxys-Defense @ Mental Herb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 120 SDef / 96 Spd
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Superpower
- Mirror Coat

Superpower nails Bisharp, Mirror Coat to OHKO Aegislash with its own Shadow Ball. Mental Herb to stop Taunt users and guarantee you get at least one layer of hazards down. EVs allow you to outspeed Adamant Bisharp and OHKO it while also allowing you to live a LO boosted Shadow Ball from Aegislash.

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
I'll give that a shot, thanks!

So I used the Deoxys-D recommended above as well as a couple others I found. I peaked again but after I switched to Deo-D I tumbled. :/
Hard. Yeah now I'm barely scraping 1700 now. Fuck that thing.
Also tested Gyarados, eh. I mean Thundurus isn't much better still and is the weakest link for sure but I'm not sure what to replace it with.
I may just retire this team. The Deoxys-S version was clearly the best one for me.
#77 peak isn't too bad of a run.

Last edited:
I'll give that a shot, thanks!

So I used the Deoxys-D recommended above as well as a couple others I found. I peaked again but after I switched to Deo-D I tumbled. :/
Hard. Yeah now I'm barely scraping 1700 now. Fuck that thing.
Also tested Gyarados, eh. I mean Thundurus isn't much better still and is the weakest link for sure but I'm not sure what to replace it with.
I may just retire this team. The LO Deoxys-S version was clearly the best one for me.
#77 peak isn't too bad of a run.
Hmm...I want to adopt this team for awhile. It looks really damn solid and I think it can go higher. I feel as if adding a strong tank in somewhere would really help. I just need to figure out who.

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
Hmm...I want to adopt this team for awhile. It looks really damn solid and I think it can go higher. I feel as if adding a strong tank in somewhere would really help. I just need to figure out who.
Then it would kind of cease to be Hyper Offense. It's already quite bulky for HO with KyuB and Zard X. But do as you wish with it. I'm not likely to make any further changes to this RMT unless someone is really convincing. This version has been the best so far and I plan to Gen it soon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)