Bringing Out the Big Guns: OU bulky offense

Hello guys, I'm jordan, and I suck at pokemon :x not really,but whatever, anyway, the inception of this team came around 2 sets that I've not really seen a lot in X/Y for whatever reason: Choice band Tyranitar, and sub mixed cube. Two pokemon that each hit like a monster truck, and were then supported by more hard hitters, anyway, all advice is appreciated.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spd
Adamant Nature
- earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- pursuit
Step 1) click stone edge
Step 2) watch things die.
In all seriousness, this thing is a monster, bulky enough to take most non SE STAB moves, And powerful enough to ko right back, the set is taken right from smogon with pursuit replaced be ice punch, as I didn't really see a need for pursuit in this meta. Crunch alternative stab, super power for more coverage. 76 speed evs to outspeed base 70s, but idk if that's relevant this generation, need advice on this
Considering replacing ice punch with earthquake to better deal with aegislash

Dragonite Lum Berry
Ability: multiscale
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- dragon claw
- fire punch
- roost
- dragon dance
Currently testing over kube, although it isn't exactly an answer to my burn problem, it does help with the fighting weakness, specifically giving me a check to barroom, because it was. A problem and gives me a true set up sweeper. Still open to suggestions for this slot

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 HP / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Favorite set of my favorite mega. This scizor serves as my special wall and is able to take 2 shadow balls from aegislash, roosting and dancing in between, then getting the ko w/ knock off. No bug stab simply because all the moves I think are necessary.although sword dance could be switched with u turn for more of a pivot role.

Deoxys-Speed @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 204 Spd / 252 SAtk / 52 Atk
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Psycho Boost
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- superpower
Fast pokemon is fast. How fast is he? The evs are just enough to Outspeed scarfchomp and ko with ice beam he's generally the designated revenge killer and the frailest team member. I'm not running the mixed set because everything I calced with fire punch, hp fire was doing more damage, so I stuck with pure special and put the remaining evs in hp because 252+ speed seemed like a waste. Psycho boost is my nuke button, while ice beam and hp fire have good coverage together.

upload_2014-4-20_16-33-27.jpeg

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- will-o-wisp

Usually lead whenever Deoxys doesn't need to taunt something. Modest over timid because I don't know of anything I need to Outspeed before/after trick, and modest nature still outspeeds and OHKO standard greninja. I'm not sure what to use in the last slot, so it's dark pulse for now

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 232 Def / 252 HP / 24 Spd
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Roost
- Defog
- Whirlwind
Obligatory mega pinsir counter. Also a nice check for bisharp,which can be a problem for my team.this set is really standard, except, counter, I got the idea in lobby chat one day, and it's been working great, and this is what stops mega mawile from being a giant pain in the ass

Importable
Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 232 HP / 24 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SAtk / 200 Spd
Mild Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Substitute

Deoxys-Speed @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Psycho Boost
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Taunt

EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Dark Pulse

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Roost
- Defog
- Whirlwind

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-111950682
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-112039040 I played pretty poorly, but I'd like critiques on this
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-113362681 proud of this 6-0

Attachments

Last edited:
I have a few minor changes, so here they are.

First, use Superpower on Deo-S with a Naive nature in order to get OHKO's on shit like Tyranitar, while still doing good damage to Steel-types/Chansey. Oh also run 20 Attack EV's to guarantee it OHKO's max HP Tar.

Also for the last slot for Rotom-W run Will-O-Wisp > Dark Pulse, it's nice to get fast burns on the opponent, and it's ESPECIALLY nice once you've Tricked away the Scarf.

Also, on BandTar, I'd run Pursuit > Ice Punch to make sure the Lati's can't freely switch out and then I'd run EQ > Superpower to give yourself a reliable way to hit Aegislash.

Other than that though looks good. Hope theses changes helped :)

cool team! lots of bulk. Just curious why 24 spd on skarm?
Thanks for picking that up, it's ps's default Skarmory spread, and was used to.Outspeed wobbefet oh so long ago.
Op updated
Suggestions on Deoxys replacement? I like it, but there are certain things it can't revenge kill, and relies a lot on on its coverage quad damage

Oh ok for a good deoxys replacement since your going offensive on it how about a good offensive psychic type AKA alakazam maybe?

Hello guys, I'm jordan, and I suck at pokemon :x not really,but whatever, anyway, the inception of this team came around 2 sets that I've not really seen a lot in X/Y for whatever reason: Choice band Tyranitar, and sub mixed cube. Two pokemon that each hit like a monster truck, and were then supported by more hard hitters, anyway, all advice is appreciated.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- pursuit
Step 1) click stone edge
Step 2) watch things die.
In all seriousness, this thing is a monster, bulky enough to take most non SE STAB moves, And powerful enough to ko right back, the set is taken right from smogon with pursuit replaced be ice punch, as I didn't really see a need for pursuit in this meta. Crunch alternative stab, super power for more coverage. 76 speed evs to outspeed base 70s, but idk if that's relevant this generation, need advice on this
Considering replacing ice punch with earthquake to better deal with aegislash

View attachment 12355

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
Mild Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Substitute

Obligatory mega venusaur counter. Many people don't understand what teravolt does-its mold breaker with a cooler name. This means that thick fat and levitate are negated, letting earth power and ice beam doing full damage. Substitute is there to turn one free turn into several free turn, also allows to stop things like spore and will wisp, two things this team other wise has no answers for. The reason for no outrage is simply because I wanted to run substitute, and I felt the coverage moves were necessary.I can't remember why I ran two hundred speed, I think it was to Outspeed base 85s

I love cube, but I'm considering replacing him for something, I'm just not sure what yet, possibly offensive heatran

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 HP / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Favorite set of my favorite mega. This scizor serves as my special wall and is able to take 2 shadow balls from aegislash, roosting and dancing in between, then getting the ko w/ knock off. No bug stab simply because all the moves I think are necessary.although sword dance could be switched with u turn for more of a pivot role.

Deoxys-Speed @ Life Orb
EVs: 204 Spd / 252 SAtk / 52 Atk
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Psycho Boost
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- superpower
Fast pokemon is fast. How fast is he? The evs are just enough to Outspeed scarfchomp and ko with ice beam he's generally the designated revenge killer and the frailest team member. I'm not running the mixed set because everything I calced with fire punch, hp fire was doing more damage, so I stuck with pure special and put the remaining evs in hp because 252+ speed seemed like a waste. Psycho boost is my nuke button, while ice beam and hp fire have good coverage together.

View attachment 12356
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- will-o-wisp

Usually lead whenever Deoxys doesn't need to taunt something. Modest over timid because I don't know of anything I need to Outspeed before/after trick, and modest nature still outspeeds and OHKO standard greninja. I'm not sure what to use in the last slot, so it's dark pulse for now

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 232 Def / 252 HP / 24 Spd
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Roost
- Defog
- Whirlwind
Obligatory mega pinsir counter. Also a nice check for bisharp,which can be a problem for my team.this set is really standard, except, counter, I got the idea in lobby chat one day, and it's been working great, and this is what stops mega mawile from being a giant pain in the ass

Importable

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-111950682
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-112039040 I played pretty poorly, but I'd like critiques on this
I really like your team. I have a suggestion though. You should try to experiment with Dragonite. Dragonite with incredible overall stats could be a great asset to your team. Also with the ability Multiscale, it can take hits at full health. Weakness policy Dragonite is a huge threat with DDance. Not saying your team is bad and you need dragonite, but I would think if you experiment with dragonite, it would do really greatly in combination with your team. Overall, your team seems to do great with its offensive part and while providing great coverage with the pokemon's defensive stats.

Rohep

Banned deucer.
You kinda have a big fighting weakness, and deoxys-s isn't going to be taken any STAB fighting hits well for you. If you like bulky offense, aegislash could be helpful to your team. Azumarill is also an excellent pokemon, but if you run the BD set, it can't really switch into fighting hits. Also, counter is cool on skarmory, but most physical attackers will switch out, and I personally think brave bird would be more beneficial. It really hurts the some of the frailer attackers that skarm switches in on, and hits conk (a huge threat to your team) hard. 0 Atk Skarmory Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Conkeldurr: 224-266 (54.1 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I really like your team. I have a suggestion though. You should try to experiment with Dragonite. Dragonite with incredible overall stats could be a great asset to your team. Also with the ability Multiscale, it can take hits at full health. Weakness policy Dragonite is a huge threat with DDance. Not saying your team is bad and you need dragonite, but I would think if you experiment with dragonite, it would do really greatly in combination with your team. Overall, your team seems to do great with its offensive part and while providing great coverage with the pokemon's defensive stats.
Will consider running d nite, do you have suggestion to replace it?

You kinda have a big fighting weakness, and deoxys-s isn't going to be taken any STAB fighting hits well for you. If you like bulky offense, aegislash could be helpful to your team. Azumarill is also an excellent pokemon, but if you run the BD set, it can't really switch into fighting hits. Also, counter is cool on skarmory, but most physical attackers will switch out, and I personally think brave bird would be more beneficial. It really hurts the some of the frailer attackers that skarm switches in on, and hits conk (a huge threat to your team) hard. 0 Atk Skarmory Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Conkeldurr: 224-266 (54.1 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Yea conk is pain, and.usually requires sacking something to kill it, and while I have considered aegislash, there was ultimately no room for him, and I can't really justify aegislash>Deoxys speed as that leaves.me. without an effective revenge killer, as kube is too slow. Azu was originally rotom, but the need for more special presence took precedence

Things this team needs atm: an answer to av conk and megacham.
fairy coverage.
Something else that can switch into will o wisps so that rotom is so heavily worn down.
Possible revenge killers to take Deoxys speed's job.

Oh ok for a good deoxys replacement since your going offensive on it how about a good offensive psychic type AKA alakazam maybe?
Since this team is Bulky offensive, I do not think Alakazam could take a hit.

Will consider running d nite, do you have suggestion to replace it?
Well, since Skarmory is the top over used defogger in the game, people can already be prepared for what to expect from skarm. You could take out Skarm and replace with Dragonite. Well what about a Defogger with bulk? Well Scizor could learn Defog and is very unpredictable because usually scizor's are known to simply attack dealing deadly damage. If you invest some EV's into scizor, it can be bulky. You should definitely experiment with this.

"Xlstevo, post: 5402931, member: 218230"]Since this team is Bulky offensive, I do not think Alakazam could take a hit.

Well, since Skarmory is the top over used defogger in the game, people can already be prepared for what to expect from skarm. You could take out Skarm and replace with Dragonite. Well what about a Defogger with bulk? Well Scizor could learn Defog and is very unpredictable because usually scizor's are known to simply attack dealing deadly damage. If you invest some EV's into scizor, it can be bulky. You should definitely experiment with this.[/quote]

Umm scizor is already bulky, it has enough investment to beat mixed aegislash 1 on 1, with shadow ball hax, I've used Defog scizor in ubers before, just didn't like it, and Replacing skarm means I need to find another designated wall. Atm I'm looking for a dnite set I like, and will test it over kube.

Alakazam was good last gen, but I haven't used it this gen, someone have a good move set for top tier threats?

Rohep

Banned deucer.
Charizard Y also hurts your team, even Tyranitar can't switch in on a fire blast and live the following solar beam.
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. 180 HP / 4 SpD Tyranitar: 304-358 (78.7 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I know you love the banded Tyranitar, but you need a fast revenge killer, faster than rotom-wash. I suggest aegislash over rotom-w or deoxys-s, and Scarf Terrakion over T-tar.

Charizard Y also hurts your team, even Tyranitar can't switch in on a fire blast and live the following solar beam.
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. 180 HP / 4 SpD Tyranitar: 304-358 (78.7 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I know you love the banded Tyranitar, but you need a fast revenge killer, faster than rotom-wash. I suggest aegislash over rotom-w or deoxys-s, and Scarf Terrakion over T-tar.
Solar. Beam needs a turn to charge, so ttar can check zard y. I'd actually love to run mixed aegislash> rotom but the problem of will o wisp becomes a lot worse of a problem, so any idea on how to fix that?

Rohep

Banned deucer.
Solar. Beam needs a turn to charge, so ttar can check zard y. I'd actually love to run mixed aegislash> rotom but the problem of will o wisp becomes a lot worse of a problem, so any idea on how to fix that?
Ah true, tyranitar's sand stream negates the drought. As for the will o wisp problem, celebi provides a fighting resist and can heal bell and has natural cure, so that would be a good choice for your team. It does have many weaknesses, however. A bulky dragon dancer with a lum berry also fits your preferred style of play well.

Oh shit yeah you're right. I screwed up on the PS slider XD
236+ reaches 500 speed while scarfchomp with +speed reaches 499.5
Ooh I messed up, I was using base speed , not actual speed, good thing I haven't seen a scarf chomp yet.

Breloom is really giving me a lot of trouble. Ddance lum night sounds like a good answer to this atm.
Would 252/252 jolly really be necessary, what are some speed and ko benchmarks it has?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)