Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 172 SDef / 84 Def
Bold Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Mega ven is here to put some extremele bulky or traths to my team to sleep and slowly sap his hp away with Leech seed + giga drain. Sludgebomb is there for the fairy coverage and some pesky grasstypes. The ability thick fat that he gains from his mega is extremely good in the current meta where almost everyone is using a Zard Y or X.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Foul Play
- Defog
- Whirlwind

After the suggestion of Dalai_Drama that i lacked ground coverage and a phazer is needed for a stall team i got his idea on mandibuzz. I must say he das so far a better job in certain situations than umbreon ever could. If i dont want to risk in switching my clefable to go up against a poison type that is setting up i can always whirlwind to get rid of them. So i dont have to rely on clefable all the time to get rid of setuppers. Defoq is here for the extra removal of entry hazards if needed. (and when i get spinblocked all the time)Toxic is on her for to get rid of other mandibuzz and pokemon that will be a pain to get rid off.

Umbreon is one of my fave pokemon and has been on most of my teams with this exact so far. I am open for changes on her so maybe to use something like a curse baton pass set to make an immortal sableye? We will see :p I choose Wish over Moonlight because 1. wish isnt weather depended and might be able to be passed over for a (safer) switch in or get a mon back on its feet after a well predicted switch.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell
- Moon Light

This is for me the first time using a clefable and used a generic ev spread from the b/w smogon analyses. I gave her SR because it is really handy to get rid of those pesky Zard Y, non mega evolved zard and finish of talonflame on the switch in. Soft-boiled is here to get my hp back obviously I might change Cosmic Power for now since i havent been able to use (since most of the times my clefable gets 2 shotted :/ after setting up the SR)

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 SDef / 4 Def / 252 HP
Sassy Nature
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield
- Substitute
- Toxic

Honestly i want to get rid of eagislash and get a non gen 6 mon in his place so i can use the team in bw2 when im fighting my friends or am in a tourney in my uni. I went for a subtox set on him because this bad boy can force switches on my opponents and get off a free sub. After this i have either the choice to use king shield to gain more hp back or go for toxic to start the toxic stalling. Sacred Sword is here for the better coverage for walls like umbreon and ferrothorn.

Sableye (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

I fell in love with this guy the moment i used this set. His typing is out of this world no weaknesses at all. I gave him will-o-wisp to criple any physical attacker or any other mon that cant be effected by toxic or poison spikes. Confuse ray is here just for the pure annoyance factor it gives to people and might even force a switch (might be swotched with substitute for a safety net and extreme stalling). Foul play is to cover up for his wacky attack stat and allows me to abuse pokemon like pincir.

Tentacruel (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spd
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Protect

I first had the ability Rain dish on her but i havent met a single rain dance team in OU yet except for my own rain dance team. This is why i switched it with liquid Ooze to surprise some gigadrainers like venusaur and roselade. tenta is my spinner and has the opportunity to absord poison spikes or any toxic my opponent wants to trow at me. Scald is here for the cover for Fire types i was lacking and to be able to get a lucky criple if my sableye wasnt able to do so.

Import:
Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SDef
Bold Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Foul Play
- Defog
- Whirlwind

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell
- Moonlight

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield
- Substitute
- Toxic

Sableye (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Tentacruel (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spd
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Protect
Kicked Members

SoulDew (Umbreon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Foul Play
- Wish
- Protect

Last edited:
Sableye (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Taunt / Toxic
- Foul Play / Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Sableye didn't have a lot of defense. He cannot be a mixed wall. Confuse Ray is simply based on luck, and is not swagger. Taunt to shut down other walls is better, or toxic for special attacker/ fire mons.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SDef / 4 Def / 252 HP
Sassy Nature
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield
- Substitute
- Toxic

Aegislash cannot tank ground moves and knock off. U can tank more mons with the special set. Shadow Ball hit harder than sacred sword.

Umbreon didn't add nothing for the team

EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Foul Play / Knock Off
- Defog
- Whirlwind

Ground immunity over umbreon. Clefable can still wishpass. But now u can phaze with Whirlwind and defog.

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled

With unaware u can tank a mon even after 6 calm mind, cure your team status with heal bell, cure yourself with sofboiled without wasting a turn and wishpass. This set is the only reason to run clefable in a stall. For the cosmic power set u didn't have way to kill clefable's counters, set up can be hard.

Tentacruel is totally meh, this gen. The worst thing is the ground weakness, wich other water mon didn't have. U can remove hazard with mandibuzz now, U have 2 defensive walls, 2 special defensive wall, one mixed wall; are enough for a stall.
U can think to add a revenge killer/stallbreaker, for kill other walls or simply finish the work.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power Flying
- Icy Wind

U can kill the world with keldeo. A lot of SAtk, with a special move that hit the defense is what a stall needs.

Sorry if i changed 2 mons and some set, but this is the only way to do build a better team.

Thanks for the tips, but on a side note clefable cant learn soft-boiled while having the ability Unaware. This is because unaware is the hidden ability (released in gen 5) and soft-boiled can only be optained through a move tutor in fire red/ leaf green. Because of this ill switch Soft-boiled with MoonLight and drop Wish for stealthrock since i really do need atleast 1 entry hazard.

Pretty solid team, it can stop a lot of top-tier threats. However, what if a threat gets too many boosts under its belt? I think these days stall teams really need at least one unaware user. Your team has good synergy, but putting in an unaware user would make the team better, and let it handle baton pass.

Updated team and import im still missing a lightning absorber so i might try out Thundurus-T with volt absord and maybe replace it in the spot of tentacruel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)