2013/2014 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Spurs lol First, they hire AVB after he fucked up and now, they're considering Moyes ?
I don't think that we really need to sign a left back. If Shaw goes to United, it's probably a good thing; that money is better spent on a new striker (especially since Mourinho seems adamant on rejecting Lukaku). Cole can be offered another year and we have Bertrand returning to the club.

Chelsea line up vs Liverpool: Schwarzer
Azpi Luiz Cahill Ivanovic
Matic Lampard
Salah Oscar Willian
Ba

I'd like to see Ba and I hope that Mourinho wasn't too impressed by Torres' skillfull flashes against Atletico because he'll dodge a couple of players, link up well but he 'll never score. Not in big matches anyway.

I'd much rather have Diego Costa than Cavani.
Chelsea linked with Alberto Moreno (Left back that plays for Sevilla)
Also linked with Vidal but I am sure that is just paper talk. Don't think that would actually happen.
We need to get rid of a lot of players in the summer, like Mikel, Ramires.

HBK

According to the Daily Mail, Mourinho plans to give Hilario a start on Sunday........At this rate, we might even see Van Ginkel, Ake or Kalas.
And we've been needing to get rid of Mikel for a while now. If Mourinho stays beyond this season, Ramires won't be going anywhere because Mourinho loves his work ethic.

HBK

Juve were ok, that early goal really shocked them but they managed to get the all important away goal. They'll still go through, imo. Didn't really watch the all spanish affair but Valencia have it in them to come back from 0-2.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd much rather have Diego Costa than Cavani.
Chelsea linked with Alberto Moreno (Left back that plays for Sevilla)
Also linked with Vidal but I am sure that is just paper talk. Don't think that would actually happen.
We need to get rid of a lot of players in the summer, like Mikel, Ramires.
problem with costa is that while he helps chelsea's counter attack, he doesn't help where they already struggle; breaking down teams sitting back. He's a very good player but chelsea needs to look for more breadth in what they can do rather than trying to get better at something they already do very well

problem with costa is that while he helps chelsea's counter attack, he doesn't help where they already struggle; breaking down teams sitting back. He's a very good player but chelsea needs to look for more breadth in what they can do rather than trying to get better at something they already do very well
True. Chelsea need a creative midfielder as well. Apart from Hazard, we don't have anyone creative enough. We had a certain Mata but he was sold... that being said, I would love Modric at Chelsea.

HBK

Hazard isn't exactly creative either. But his pace and dribbling ability make him a nightmare for defenders by virtue of which he can create chances even in deadlock situations. We need a central midfielder who can orchestrate the play. We got Matic, the guy who runs around and does all the dirty work; we need the other half of the midfield puzzle. Modric would be perfect but I don't see why he'd want to leave now or why Madrid would be willing to sell him. He's playing regularly and doing well unlike when he first came to the club. We had a better chance of signing him then.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hazard isn't exactly creative either. But his pace and dribbling ability make him a nightmare for defenders by virtue of which he can create chances even in deadlock situations. We need a central midfielder who can orchestrate the play. We got Matic, the guy who runs around and does all the dirty work; we need the other half of the midfield puzzle. Modric would be perfect but I don't see why he'd want to leave now or why Madrid would be willing to sell him. He's playing regularly and doing well unlike when he first came to the club. We had a better chance of signing him then.
Rakitic seems the most likely player who could do this

Tbh I really think chelsea needs someone like Koke, Rakitic or Modric than a striker.
Lukaku, eto and someone else would suit chelsea perfectly fine; but I have no idea what Mourinho and Emenalo have in store for the upcoming transfer window.

RIP Vilanova, you don't know what you've got til you've lost it. I don't blame Barca fans for complaining about having Vilanova last year cos anyone can be impatient for success but it just makes you think what a circus life is and then it's gone.

Also lumped money on Van Gaal to Utd, hopefully I can slowly accumulate more and more on low risk bets in my own little circus.

edit: Stekelenburg was bigged up so much in the past, was linked with all the big teams, but somehow he went to Fulham and had a bad season and now sits on the bench behind Stockdale. Wtf happened lol!?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)