Official NBA 2013 - 2014 Season Thread

As a Heat fan, I'm envisioning a scenario where the Pacers, Bulls, Nets, Thunder, Spurs, Rockets, and Clippers all lose their first round series and Miami gets to 16-0 their way to a title because no one that can challenge Miami would be left lol

As a Heat fan, I'm envisioning a scenario where the Pacers, Bulls, Nets, Thunder, Spurs, Rockets, and Clippers all lose their first round series and Miami gets to 16-0 their way to a title because no one that can challenge Miami would be left lol
Pretty sure Portland can challenge Miami

The Heat lost to the 76ers twice this season what is your point? You really are dumb.
And what is your point about the Heat "almost losing to the Bobcats" at home? You're the one that used that logic, br0. Stay consistent with your logic. If almost losing to the Bobcats at home means you're a bad team then it must mean you're a bad team to lose to the Sixers at home. I'm only using your thought processes here, pal.

And what is your point about the Heat "almost losing to the Bobcats" at home? You're the one that used that logic, br0. Stay consistent with your logic. If almost losing to the Bobcats at home means you're a bad team then it must mean you're a bad team to lose to the Sixers at home. I'm only using your thought processes here, pal.
You gave no reason as to why the Blazers couldn't hang with the Heat, that's why.

And then you wake up. I hope Miami doesn't repeat this year. Right now there's no clear cut picture of a Finals Preview to begin with. Let me remind you Miami is very lucky to have a team like the Bobcats in the first round. Not only that, but the Series went to waste the moment Al Jefferson injured his foot in which he's still playing with pain and all and still managed to drop 18-13rebs last game. If there is a team that you mention that MAY lose their matchup, it's the Bulls for their lack of Offense and inconsistent Shooters. Just be glad Miami only has a Kemba Walker to really worry about, better hope Wade's legs don't give up, hell. They can probably rest Wade if they down them 3-0 and knowing how long the series between MY NETS and Raptors could go 6-7 games, that's another major benefit for the Heat. But you can't count out the Pacers, Nets, Thunder, Spurs. Those teams have been highlighted all Season with their achievements. Like i said before, these Playoffs are highly competitive.

Last edited:
It's really heartbreaking for me to see Thunder lose the way they lose, but how about their coach? Doesn't he know any offense aside from giving the rock to Durant and Westbrook? It's also damning that no adjustments were made to free up Durant from Allen.

and yeah, bYrne trolling youu

You gave no reason as to why the Blazers couldn't hang with the Heat, that's why.
Meanwhile you're the only person on the planet that thinks the Blazers would beat the Heat in a 7 game series and that makes you so made that you deployed kindergarten logic with the "Heat almost lost to Bobcats at home therefore they're bad" argument and I'm pretty sure I lost a few IQ points reading that one, so if you ever want people on this forum to take you seriously you should probably never say something so imbecilic again.

The Heat have lost a grand total of one playoff series since LeBron joined 'em, and no way in fuck are the Blazers good enough to be the second team to do it. Aldridge is a damn fine player but he ain't no Dirk, kid. Hopefully you're old enough to know who Dirk is, based by your arguments earlier I'm not so sure.

And then you wake up. I hope Miami doesn't repeat this year. Right now there's no clear cut picture of a Finals Preview to begin with. Let me remind you Miami is very lucky to have a team like the Bobcats in the first round. Not only that, but the Series went to waste the moment Al Jefferson injured his foot in which he's still playing with pain and all and still managed to drop 18-13rebs last game. If there is a team that you mention that MAY lose their matchup, it's the Bulls for their lack of Offense and inconsistent Shooters. Just be glad Miami only has a Kemba Walker to really worry about, better hope Wade's legs don't give up, hell. They can probably rest Wade if they down them 3-0 and knowing how long the series between MY NETS and Raptors could go 6-7 games, that's another major benefit for the Heat. But you can't count out the Pacers, Nets, Thunder, Spurs. Those teams have been highlighted all Season with their achievements. Like i said before, these Playoffs are highly competitive.
This post is damn near incoherent and all I can say is that the Pacers and Thunder are clearly playing like trash and there's a higher chance of them losing their respective series than winning them at this point. Maybe you should actually watch the damn games.

Smogon: where the average IQ is significantly lowered by members like these

and yeah, bYrne trolling youu
I missed you too bbygurl:)<3

Last edited:
you cannot say a team is going 16-0 over and over, and then insult anyone for being illogical and stupid
aka I mentioned 16-0 one time in an excited post that was obviously pretty exaggerated (hence "I'm envisioning a scenario"), good try though pal

Last edited:
Meanwhile you're the only person on the planet that thinks the Blazers would beat the Heat in a 7 game series and that makes you so made that you deployed kindergarten logic with the "Heat almost lost to Bobcats at home therefore they're bad" argument and I'm pretty sure I lost a few IQ points reading that one, so if you ever want people on this forum to take you seriously you should probably never say something so imbecilic again.

The Heat have lost a grand total of one playoff series since LeBron joined 'em, and no way in fuck are the Blazers good enough to be the second team to do it. Aldridge is a damn fine player but he ain't no Dirk, kid. Hopefully you're old enough to know who Dirk is, based by your arguments earlier I'm not so sure.
Way to twist my words. I said they could challenge the Heat, I didn't say they were necessarily going to win. Believe it or not, there is a difference. I'm not saying the Heat are bad, they are obviously the best team in the NBA, but teams can definitely 'challenge' them.

Way to twist my words. I said they could challenge the Heat, I didn't say they were necessarily going to win. Believe it or not, there is a difference. I'm not saying the Heat are bad, they are obviously the best team in the NBA, but teams can definitely 'challenge' them.
Oh yes so you were arguing semantics. Gosh, you're my favorite kind of person.

Nah, that was a different shot. This one was in OT with 16 seconds left on the shot clock. It doesn't get more Westbrook than that.
Oh, my bad it looked like that shot and I wasn't paying attention to the scoreboard. Westbrook has put up plenty of stupid shots so I'm never surprised when he does that

aka I mentioned 16-0 one time in an excited post that was obviously pretty exaggerated (hence "I'm envisioning a scenario"), good try though pal
I counted you not refuting the multiple times other people quoted it as meaning you were still endorsing that ludicrous thing. You cannot purport ridiculous things as fact, even if it is a little glib to anyone with a brain, and then start calling other people stupid right and left. This is the most unjustified attempt at escalating a fight in a long time.

Now look, the Heat are going to make the East finals. The Pacers never had a realistic chance at taking them down, I pegged Bulls>Nets>>Pacers as the teams who could realistically take them coming in. The Bulls are losing to the fucking Wizards, and the Heat defense is going to trash that shitwreck of a team. The Heat are going to lose 3-5 games, maybe even trail a series, that is how this team works! They slog out series with superior defense and get bailed out by Lebron's preternatural talents in the especially hard moments pre-finals, then pre-finals everything comes down to random luck (last season they had the luckiest finals win ever, would have put them down to 1-2). Whoever comes out of the West will challenge the Heat because it will be by far the best team the Heat have faced, even if it is the Blazers or some other no defense team.

Grizzlies and Clippers are the biggest two non-Spurs threats to Heat, and I am already laughing a little at the fact they are going to face each other for the third fucking year in a row if they win their r1s. Life trolls some fellas sometimes, and it keeps trolling those two teams into wearing each other out.

It is not like I do not appreciate a good round of dickery man, but you are really just lobbing pejoratives around with no justification for the aggression. All someone did was start reacting to you saying something fucking ridiculous.

You know me, I do not need a "good try"; I am not out to twist anything. Just out for obsessing over sports to unnecessary levels & maybe a little dickery <3

I counted you not refuting the multiple times other people quoted it as meaning you were still endorsing that ludicrous thing. You cannot purport ridiculous things as fact, even if it is a little glib to anyone with a brain, and then start calling other people stupid right and left. This is the most unjustified attempt at escalating a fight in a long time.

Now look, the Heat are going to make the East finals. The Pacers never had a realistic chance at taking them down, I pegged Bulls>Nets>>Pacers as the teams who could realistically take them coming in. The Bulls are losing to the fucking Wizards, and the Heat defense is going to trash that shitwreck of a team. The Heat are going to lose 3-5 games, maybe even trail a series, that is how this team works! They slog out series with superior defense and get bailed out by Lebron's preternatural talents in the especially hard moments pre-finals, then pre-finals everything comes down to random luck (last season they had the luckiest finals win ever, would have put them down to 1-2). Whoever comes out of the West will challenge the Heat because it will be by far the best team the Heat have faced, even if it is the Blazers or some other no defense team.

Grizzlies and Clippers are the biggest two non-Spurs threats to Heat, and I am already laughing a little at the fact they are going to face each other for the third fucking year in a row if they win their r1s. Life trolls some fellas sometimes, and it keeps trolling those two teams into wearing each other out.

It is not like I do not appreciate a good round of dickery man, but you are really just lobbing pejoratives around with no justification for the aggression. All someone did was start reacting to you saying something fucking ridiculous.

You know me, I do not need a "good try"; I am not out to twist anything. Just out for obsessing over sports to unnecessary levels & maybe a little dickery <3
This:
lol heat almost lost to the bobcats at home just stop
Is what I was making fun of him for, someone has to be completely dense to think this is any sort of valid point

I do legitimately think that if the Heat get a path to the Finals that goes Bobcats>Raptors>Wizards (very possible at this point), then they could very well 12-0 that part or at least have very little road bumps along the way. Miami does not have problems with guard-oriented teams like the Raptors and Wizards when it gets to the playoffs (less so the Wizards since they have Nene and the Polish Hammer doing work, but I still don't see a Wizards-Heat series going more than 6 max, probably just 5).

I honestly picked Clippers to come out of the West and I still think so after what I've seen, I'm not sure I'd be too afraid of them with their terrible free throw shooting and their average defense...it's mostly the Spurs and Grizzlies that terrify me out of the West, so I'm a Mavs fan for the next 3-5 of their games :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)