Guys, how about Double Dance Volcarona?

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz / Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Ground] / Giga Drain / Hidden Power [Rock]​

This set would act similarly to Double Dance Landorus-T, Terrakion, or Haxorus. Facing an offensive team that you'll need the speed against? Set up a QD. Facing a bulkier team? Tail Glow!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-112313281
Lopunny seems like a much better Linoone in Mergemons. Extremespeed/Shadow Claw is perfect coverage and can be supported by Drain Punch or any of the Elemental punches.
Clefable is a really dangerous Shell Smasher with Magic Guard. It gets extra damage with Life Orb and its sashes can't be broken by hazards. Life Orb and White Herb look the ideal sets since they can put Clefable's natural bulk to good effect. It is nearly impossible to switch into thanks to its amazing coverage and outspeeds a surprising amount of Pokemon. Cloyster itself also improves with BoltBeam coverage and Knock Off.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/infinite-customgame-17256
As Jag said, Clefable is a THREAT. I run SS/Moonblast/Fire Blast/Stored Power and it has taken out a TON of threats. In particular it is pretty good at luring in and taking out Steels with Fire Blast.
Cradily could be an anti-meta special wall. Maybe it's because my opponent got walled easily by it.
Talonflame is still a massive threat, and can take out so many new threats with priority.
Mega Aggron is a beast. It can take physical hit after physical hit, paralyze, get rid of hazards with Defog, and heal itself up.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/infinite-customgame-17301
Clefable best lategame cleaner
I wasted my Mega Banette there, but it still was able to take out that scary Bibarel with Destiny Bond.
Greninja is a HUGE threat. DO NOT underestimate it. EVER.
Tangrowth benefits from Will-O-Wisp and Roost. Talon gave it gifts, although Tangrowth gave Talon back more.

Does Floette-E gets acces to Flygkn's movepool? It could definetly abuse that Special Movepool and acces to roost

Does Floette-E gets acces to Flygkn's movepool? It could definetly abuse that Special Movepool and acces to roost
Yep. I'm going to do that to keep it simple. (Note that I did the same thing with all Pokemon that have alternate formes.)

Turn Up

formerly Jack C
Slurpuff
-Unburden
Sitrus Berry

-Belly Drum
-Play Rough
-Earthquake
-Whatever (Thief, Wish, Cotton Guard, Slack Off etc.)

A Fairy type with earthquake is nothing to mess around with, Ground covers the things that play rough can't, being Fire, Steel and Poison. and even if running a bulky set after the unburden boost from experience, this thing outspeeds pretty much everything. I noticed Slurpuff and Slowking together, and I just thought Why Not? and look what happened

Guys, I'm thinking of making a major change and a minor change to Mergemons. I'd like you guys to vote on it.

First, the minor change.
Should I allow standalone Meloetta-P and Darmanitan-Z in Mergemons? Keep in mind that they'd merge with Meganium and Dedenne, like their base forms.
Edit: POLL CLOSED

Now, the major change.
Should I revamp Mergemons to have Pokemon merge both ways? This means that Pokemon get the movepool of both Pokemon next to them in ABC order. This means that Absol merges with not just Abomasnow, but with Accelgor as well. Accelgor merges with Absol and Aegislash, Aegis merges with Accelgor and Aerodactyl, and so on. Should I do this?
Edit: POLL CLOSED

Last edited:
I think that first thing would be pretty cool. I've always wanted to use these forms by themselves.
I'm leaning towards no for the latter however. It would be good for giving Pokemon that didn't get anything a bit more freedom, but some Pokemon are amazing enough as it is. I mean take Greninja for example. It would merge with GROUDON, giving it a really fast Eruption, Earth Power, Swords Dance, Stealth Rock. Then Lopunny's getting Close Combat and Crunch from Lucario... It might be too much.

On the second one, I say no, that would kind of ruin it in my opinion, giving everything too much power and so much overpowering would not be healthy.

On the second one, I say no, that would kind of ruin it in my opinion, giving everything too much power and so much overpowering would not be healthy.
lol, but if everything has too much power, you'll have to redefine too much power and it will be kinda healthy i guess? i just like the idea (got it from a guy in the OMs room, don't remember who it was but whatever)

The minor change is definitely good, as we've always wanted to play those pokes like this.

The major change is iffy, since it would cause a complete metagame shift, and the meta is pretty good as it is; i don't really support this one.

On another topic:
I don't know if this has been mentioned, and i don't feel like reading the rest of this either, but the first thing i noticed was belly drum + extremespeed snorlax. I mean, seriously.

+6 252+ Atk Snorlax Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 675-795 (95.8 - 112.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
That's pretty broken if you ask me. It has enough bulk to set up, enough power to really do damage, and it has an amazing movepool. When there are no resists left, you lose.

And the results for the first poll are...
Results!.png

YES! Majority rules, so Mergemons will merge both ways from now on.
Edit: And the results for the second poll are...
Results 2!.png

Yes! Meloetta-Pirouette and Darmanitan-Zen can be used as standalone Pokemon in Mergemons!

Last edited:
all right Nidoking/queen @ leftovers
sheer force
modest
252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 SpD
Earth Power
Ice Beam
Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Thunderbolt
Calm Mind

Unfortunately still no recovery for Furfrou.

Edit: Nidoking should use Nasy Plot

Last edited:
Uh-oh! Raise your ninjas everyone!

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast/Thunderbolt

Greninja @ Life Orb/Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Play Rough
- Earthquake/Crunch

Prepare for trouble!

canno

formerly The Reptile
Yanmega is between Xerneus and Yveltal, meaning it get 2 great moves - Geomancy and Oblivion Wing

Yanmega @ Power Herb
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 148 Spd / 252 SAtk / 104 HP / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Oblivion Wing
- Substitute / Hidden Power [Ground]
- Bug Buzz / Hidden Power [Ground]

This set is pretty amazing. 148 is all you need to outspeed scarf base 110 at +2. The rest goes into SpA and HP (4 Def EVs for an odd HP number). Oblivion Wing is its best STAB, as it makes Yanmega seem bulkier than it seems, especially with the SpD boost from Geomancy and its already decent-ish HP and Defense. If you are using Tinted Lens, all you really need is Sub and Bug Buzz, but HP Ground is an option over those. If you want to run Speed Boost, I'd recommend running all the coverage and a spread of 44 Spd / 252 SAtk / 208 HP / 4 Def is recommended - 44 Speed being what you need to outspeed base 130 scarf at +3.

I'm really confused here... the OP doesn't really explain it well, or demonstrate how this works at all, and when I open the spoilers all it says is "work in progess"... what is going on?

I'm really confused here... the OP doesn't really explain it well, or demonstrate how this works at all, and when I open the spoilers all it says is "work in progess"... what is going on?
Pokemon other than corsola get paired with the pokemon in front of and behind it alphabetically (Zygarde is behind Abomasnow and vice versa). paired pokemon can use all of eachothers moves. for example yanmega can use geomancy and oblivio wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)