Gen 6 Simple Questions, Simple Answers (XY Ubers Edition - read before posting a thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
what can 100% counter swagplay? (this is actually a serious question)

edit: let me rephrase the question: what can 100% counter swagplay AND is not utter crap at ubers?

Last edited:
what can 100% counter swagplay? (this is actually a serious question)

edit: let me rephrase the question: what can 100% counter swagplay AND is not utter crap at ubers?
Stuff like Lum Berry Ground-types (Groudon, Landorus-T for example) can keep the hax away for a turn and hopefully take out whatevers doing it. If theres a team of swagplay users than you just have to hope for some favourable luck unfortunately. Stuff immune to Thunder Wave help a lot with avoiding complete hax, and also stuff like Blissey that don't really care about Foul Play/ hitting itself.

Are Focus Blast and Thunder generally considered the two best coverage moves for GeoXern? HP Fire doesn't OHKO any target that Focus Blast doesn't other than Scizor. And using it in place of either of the former two moves leaves you reliably checked by Heatran or Ho-Oh respectively.

+2 Focus Blast also does enough damage to OHKO Mega-Scizor with a little prior damage.

+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Scizor: 288-339 (83.7 - 98.5%) -75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Are Focus Blast and Thunder generally considered the two best coverage moves for GeoXern? HP Fire doesn't OHKO any target that Focus Blast doesn't other than Scizor. And using it in place of either of the former two moves leaves you reliably checked by Heatran or Ho-Oh respectively.

+2 Focus Blast also does enough damage to OHKO Mega-Scizor with a little prior damage.

+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Scizor: 288-339 (83.7 - 98.5%) -75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
hp fire hits aegis/zor though you really shouldn't be using geomancy with either of them alive and kicking anyways. Not to mention the calc is incorrect due to most mega zors running some awk specially defensive spread.

Thunder/sub is excellent on geomancy xern though

Should I run Modest or Timid with MM2Y? How many speed EVs should I run for said nature so I can outspend necessary threats?
Always Timid or else you won't outspeed the base 130s like other Mewtwo forms and Mega Gengar. If Timid, 176 speed EVs are all you need to outspeed Jolly/Timid Base 130s. 192 EVs lets you outspeed neutral natured Deoxys-A. I'm not sure if would be worth running max EVs just to speed tie with opposing MM2Y.

Last edited:
which move does more damage rayquazas outrage or rayquazas vcreate AND REMEMBER I WANT EITHER OUTRAGE OR VCREATE AS THE ANSWER, I DONT WANT ANY ANSWER OTHER THAN ONE OF THOSE TWO
Both are literally the same base power. Outrage leaves you confused after 2-3 while V Create drops your stats. V Create can be boosted by sun while Outrage can leave you settup fodder for Xerneas.

Is there a thread like this for xy ubers?
Because I found it really helpful
Is anyone else excited about omega ruby and alpha sapphire?

Last edited:

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Is there a thread like this for xy ubers?
Because I found it really helpful
Is anyone else excited about omega ruby and alpha sapphire?
Theorymon and I had a discussion about a thread like this and how it should more or less eclipse the Viability Ranking thread or have the roles of each pokemon listed on the thread itself. To answer your question though, there isn't, sadly. I have quite a bit on my plate right now but otherwise I would start it myself. I don't think the mods would have any objections to a thread like that.

Last edited:

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
What are some good options to fight E-Killer Shadowforce / Refresh Arceus?
Quagsire; Mega Gengar can come in on the first turn of a predicted Shadow Force and DBond it down; Groudon can phaze it or deal enough damage to make it handleable for another Teammate; Defensive Yveltal handles E-Killer quite nicely; Skarmory can phaze Stallkiller; I'm not sure if Stallkiller runs Adamant or not, but Mega Mewtwo X will always live a Jolly Silk Scarf +2 Extremespeed and proceed to OHKO with Low Kick; Spamming Will-O is always an option since Stallkiller doesn't run Recover although Recover on Ekiller is BS anyways.

There are other methods that are slipping my mind I'm sure, but Stallkiller is one of the more dangerous E-killer variants since the conventional Burn + Phaze method is just stalling the inevitable because of Refresh.

Ive been wondering about something recently:

What is Smogon's definition of our tier? Is xy ubers still a "banlist" or does it count as an actual tier? Im askong because after a while it gets tiring hearing OU players belittle our metagame as nothing more than the place where their unwanted stuff goes.
Considering it has its own sub forum, I'd say its a tier, those OU players dont know what they're on about quite frankly

Ive been wondering about something recently:

What is Smogon's definition of our tier? Is xy ubers still a "banlist" or does it count as an actual tier? Im askong because after a while it gets tiring hearing OU players belittle our metagame as nothing more than the place where their unwanted stuff goes.
http://www.smogon.com/mentorship/primer
Second paragraph of "Competitive Discussion"
You're welcome.

To summarize, its viewed as a tier.

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I am new to the Uber tier and I really want to know why is Chansey worse than Blissey when in OU Blissey is worse than Chansey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)