Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2014-114286341

three Will-o-Wisp misses and one sleep powder miss in a row - please dear programmer in here, check the formula for accuracy. this is just sick and unrealistic. I mean come on 3 * 85 % and 75 % accuracy. Even hydro pump hits more accurate :(
It's easy enough to check this yourself on Github. You'll see that the accuracy formula is correct and this was just bad luck. But the odds of all those misses were 0.084375%, so it is unlikely you'll experience this in the future.

I would like to report a bug in the Hidden Power´s Type...

Each Time i put Hidden power in a Pokémon´s Moveset, In Battle It shows That hidden Power´s Real type is Dragon

This may Cost some people their matches.... But i just wonder if this happens just to me or to someone else...

In this Case My Keldeo´s HP type was Grass... But then in battle it changed to Dragon Type
Hidden Power is dependent on IVs. If you want HP Grass but manually set 0 Atk IVs, don't expect to get Grass :| (Use 1 IV instead)

Charizard X turns Shiny on its own and yes I've checked, the shiny button has not been selected. It happens randomly, sometimes Zard X will be normal, sometimes shiny.

I think Double-Edge recoil is supposed to be calculated at the end of the 2nd hit in Parental Bond similar to phazing only occurring after the 2nd hit of Circle Throw. This is a pretty crippling glitch.

I think Double-Edge recoil is supposed to be calculated at the end of the 2nd hit in Parental Bond similar to phazing only occurring after the 2nd hit of Circle Throw. This is a pretty crippling glitch.
Mega-Kangaskhan is hurt by recoil after every attack. It's why Ferrothorn with Rocky Helmet was such a great counter to it when it was in OU.

I believe i've found a problem on gen1, from what i've been told critical hits are supposed to ignore reflect and light screen.
I can confirm that critical hits on Gen1 DO NOT ignore reflect or light screen. They will still do 2x damage, but it includes the reflect or light screen into consideration which crits should by-pass.
Example:
Tauros' body slam will do 40% damage to chansey or with reflect, 20%. However the problem is the critical hit so:
Tauros' body slam(crit) will do 80% damage to chansey or 40% with reflect. The body slam should ignore the reflect and still do 80% if it's a critical hit. (i think that's how the in-game mechanics are anyways?)

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Last edited:
This bug has been reported many times before and i'm sure it's known. I don't know if it's going to be fixed or even if it's possible to fix but I do agree that it should be at least put on the list of "known bugs" and a fix could possibly be considered, because it's one of the most game breaking bugs and makes reflect alakazam and reflect chansey almost impossible to defeat.
I don't think it would be that hard to code, i mean they could just change the code for the critical hits to do 4x damage if reflect or light screen is up. That would get the same results, yes?

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-114881689

Turn 19. I stay frozen 10 turns in a row. This is a 0.0000059049% chance (calculated by a friend). I used “Roar” every turn, and when I finally thawed out on the 11th turn, I went for Synthesis instead. Is there a mechanic (or a glitch) I don’t know that makes you stay frozen if you go for Roar?

Fun fact: earlier on I had 2 more turns of freeze, so it’s a whopping 12 turns in a row total (didn’t go for Roar those 2 turns, I think… don’t remember).

Edit:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-114886205

Turn 24. Opponent uses Blast Burn on my King’s Shield, displays “Must Recharge”, but then uses it again anyway. Certainly this is a bug? Pretty much lost me the game.

Last edited:
This is just a misleading graphical glitch, a pokemon does not have to recharge from recharge moves if it hit protect/detect. However the "Must Recharge" still shows
I don’t understand what you’re saying. Is PS bugged and it shouldn’t have shown Must Recharge, or is the game bugged and shows Must Recharge even though it shouldn’t?

In Doubles, Metal Burst hits the last opponent to use a move against my team, rather than hitting the last opponent to hit the user of Metal Burst.

It's like this:
Aggron/Goodra vs Heatran/Mamoswine

Heatran uses Heat Wave on both of my team
then Mamoswine uses Icicle Crash on Goodra to KO
Aggron then uses Metal Burst, which I'm inclined to believe was supposed to hit Heatran, but hit Mamoswine instead.

Is this actually a bug though?

Gen1 doesn't have illegal movesets implemented on the simulator. I can confirm exeggutaur doesn't anyways, so I assume the rest do not. Here's the list i found from this post:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/rby-and-gsc-illegal-movesets.78638/

Nidoking: Fury Attack + Thrash Exeggutor: PoisonPowder + Stomp Sleep Powder + Stomp Stun Spore + Stomp Eevee: Tackle + Growl Vaporeon: Tackle + Growl Jolteon: Tackle + Growl Focus Energy + ThunderShock Flareon: Tackle + Growl Focus Energy + Ember

Not sure if it's on my part, but for around two days now this keeps happening:
Connection to ladder server failed with error: Error: socket hang up; please try again later
Any way to fix or is it a thing with pS! right now?

Can we fix the glitch where Showdown randomly deletes half of your EVs the milisecond before you click accept battle? I am tired of losing and then finding out it was because 200 EVs randomly disappeared on 3 Pokemon.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
In Doubles, Metal Burst hits the last opponent to use a move against my team, rather than hitting the last opponent to hit the user of Metal Burst.

It's like this:
Aggron/Goodra vs Heatran/Mamoswine

Heatran uses Heat Wave on both of my team
then Mamoswine uses Icicle Crash on Goodra to KO
Aggron then uses Metal Burst, which I'm inclined to believe was supposed to hit Heatran, but hit Mamoswine instead.

Is this actually a bug though?
This is a bug
Not sure if it's on my part, but for around two days now this keeps happening:
Connection to ladder server failed with error: Error: socket hang up; please try again later
Any way to fix or is it a thing with pS! right now?
Not a bug, problem with server
Can we fix the glitch where Showdown randomly deletes half of your EVs the milisecond before you click accept battle? I am tired of losing and then finding out it was because 200 EVs randomly disappeared on 3 Pokemon.
It... doesn't do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)