Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For sure it's the same pose that's quite easy to see. But proportions are totally different, shading is totally different, line work completely different. Also your tentacles are green/black when they should have been black/green :d

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Oh hey I guess the tentacles are the wrong colors, I forgot I used a flipped pokedex entry as a base for it which explains it. But last I checked Zygarde can physically change the pattern of his body which can flip the colors but I'm not quite sure.

Oh hey I guess the tentacles are the wrong colors, I forgot I used a flipped pokedex entry as a base for it which explains it. But last I checked Zygarde can physically change the pattern of his body which can flip the colors but I'm not quite sure.
That's nice, but sprites are generally based on the default art or battle position of the mon, not any flavor stuff.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
how did blastoise get over the colour limit?

I'm fixing this.

TIRED OF THESE BAD MOUTHS

someone could probably QC the bottom mouth lines.

I'll probably also take this as the chance to redo the back completely.

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Double post for justice: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-18-part-11-sprite-submissions.3505233/

If you don't know about Create-A-Pokemon they need sprites for their newest in-development creation. It also helps count towards an art badge (in addition to this thread of course). A thriving CAP is one of the reasons the BW styled sprites are so necessary for the simulators, so helping where we can there is cool stuff.

Also on the CAP side of things if someone eventually got around to this by the time we get the full XY minisprites that would also be fantastic: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/capmon-sprite-revamping.86078/page-13#post-5033914

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Double post for justice: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-18-part-11-sprite-submissions.3505233/

If you don't know about Create-A-Pokemon they need sprites for their newest in-development creation. It also helps count towards an art badge (in addition to this thread of course). A thriving CAP is one of the reasons the BW styled sprites are so necessary for the simulators, so helping where we can there is cool stuff.

Also on the CAP side of things if someone eventually got around to this by the time we get the full XY minisprites that would also be fantastic: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/capmon-sprite-revamping.86078/page-13#post-5033914
Jeez quan didnt waste any time at all with those cap sprites but when its ready for animation you know where to find me c:

I made some edits to the mouth and colors. I think lighting on the cannon top like I put is a good Idea though it's I butchered it in the sprite. I also edited the Chest lines. The bottom one needs to be tweaked though.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
While I like what you did to the main cannon's shading, I cant help but think if the base of the cannon itself is on a wrong angle. I think this because of how the opening to the right (its left) of the cannon is. It makes it look as if the cannon is tilted to the left (his right) instead of being straight. I think fixing the shell would fix the problem.

The arm cannons could use a bit more work btw

And on the third month, aXl rose from his grave to return to the sprite thread once more.

Tyrantrum (Front)
New---------Old----------

So, anyway, time to talk about the dinosaur at hand. Major edits include:
-A visit to the dino-orthodontist
-Taming that wicked hairdo
-Turning its neutral stance into a neutral stance and not a roaring stance
-A seriously needed pedicure
-Re-plating the back and knees

Feels glad to be back in this project, and I look forward to seeing what you guys have to say about my first contribution after my extended sabbatical of shame. Might come back next week, since I'm not entirely done with school yet, but I'll see if I can man up and bear using the immensely less amazing work areas I'll have available to me during my last few weeks there.

Also, Snivy101 (Chris White) , seconding literally everything Typh had to say and adding that the cannon opening seems to be too rounded and thick compared to the more square opening it normally is, and the cannon could potentially be pointed at a higher angle, at least according to what I'm seeing on the in-game pokedex. The chest also has an awkward spot near the chin where it suddenly breaks the curve the belly had going for it, and the left foot (our right) should come down a pixel or two as it is closer to the viewer and thus should be slightly more prominent.

Sláinte!

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Some nearly finished

I did this back independent of the front for the most part. I'll see now about doing edits on both of them soon. Pass me any feedback of course.

BenTheDemon

Banned deucer.
I really think these sprites are fantastic, but Greninja's shiny sprite is way too light grey. Shiny Greninja is much darker than it's current sprite.

I started the pancham's back animation. I only need to do the frame which pancham eats his leaf. Maybe tomorrow or thuersday it will be finnished, but i would like to read your opinion.(the fram rate and the size will be fixed when at the end)

Do you like thiscarbnik's movement? I've done two version, it has been very easy to animate:
Version1: the ears always are in movement

Version2: the ears are moved when carbnik is down.

If you like, i will do the back sprite.

Question: Can carbink close its eyes? I supposed yes...

Have we ever considered N-kin's Greninja sprite? It seems to have a better style of BW sprites. Also the pose seems much cooler. The only thing we'd really have to make a major edit on is the Tongue, which would just need to be lowered a bit to fit the idle style in XY or Smash Bros.

And yes, I think we should use some Smash bros references when animating Greninja.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
For Carbink animation, I prefer the ears not to move at all, but bottom one seems better, also Carbink doesn't blink unless he's alseep, could be wrong however.

For N-kin's Greninja I like it much better than the one we have now, colors match up better, better pose, etc.

In reply to Solid: I didn't realize they were based off official art, but I thought some few official sprites used some of that flavor trivia in the sprites.

N-Kin's Greninja was considered (page 65 for those who care), but the consensus from the top was that Quanyails was better.

And yes, Carbink was reserved by princessofmusic. Make sure something isn't reserved before you try animating things please.

you know carbink was already reserved right?
I didn't kwon that Carbnik was reserved. This animation take me 10 minutes, it was easy.

Now we can compare two carbink's sprite when princessofmusic will finish his version. I think is better if there are many versions of the same pokemon, because the people could choose which they like more.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
I didn't kwon that Carbnik was reserved. This animation take me 10 minutes, it was easy.

Now we can compare two carbink's sprite when princessofmusic will finish his version. I think is better if there are many versions of the same pokemon, because the people could choose which they like more.
Guess its not a big deal. I showed her my version of an animated carbink a while back and it helped give her some ideas when she gets the chance to start on it. Just make sure to check that chart first and reserve what you want before starting next time. It would give people a chance to give the sprite a final check to see if theres nothing else off with it or for people to tell you if its taken or not. Saves you alot of time that way. It doesnt apply to this situation but theres not much things worse than having to start an animation over after finishing it because someone decides to fix the sprite up afterwards. Editing tyrantrum is fine. It really is. Go right ahead. I dont mind. Really. Its for the best. *cry*

Last edited:

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Do we need more vivillion forms?
Edit: If we do, which ones do we need, which are already done? I'd be glad helping to make them.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)