Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

oh dream radar is difference from dream world :p , i see :) . thanks
Yeah Dream Radar is a downloadable "game" on the 3ds :)
I RNGd a bunch of pokemon from there, including the legendaries :) just PM me if you have questions about RNGing on there :)

I'm trying to abuse my Platinum TID/SID, but I've just got a few quick questions.

1: For the first timer, I have to hit A to boot up the game from the DS menu, right?
2: For the second timer, the guide says to hit A on the TV screen with the message about the red Gyarados. However, the message is different in Platinum, but is the result still the same?

I'm trying to abuse my Platinum TID/SID, but I've just got a few quick questions.

1: For the first timer, I have to hit A to boot up the game from the DS menu, right?
2: For the second timer, the guide says to hit A on the TV screen with the message about the red Gyarados. However, the message is different in Platinum, but is the result still the same?
1. Yes
2. Yes, as long as it's the TV screen you press A from when the second timer ends :)

Hey friends,

I'm trying to RNG Raikou, but I didn't hit my seed yet (using the other two roamer locations to confirm) and am a little confused and have some questions.

1) Is there any difference between PikaTimer and EonTimer? The only good video on RNG'ing roamers (by the guy with the accent) is using PikaTimer, and also seems to have a different technique for hitting his delay than I've read on this board and on the Smogon guide. Rather than opening the game from the DS system menu when the first timer hits zero, he goes in game and does a soft-reset in front of Lance when the first timer hits zero. Then he re-opens his file when the second timer hits zero. Does this difference in method have to do with the timer he's using?

2) I also read here that you should note the location of your roamers before you save, because it will help you determine whether you hit your seed, but I don't see an explanation as to how to use that information. Isn't the location of your two roamers enough to determine whether you've hit your delay/seed?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

1) I guess, I've tried both and I believe the beeps for eontimer helps me hit more accurately compared to pikatimer's; you should try both and check which timer helps you more to precisely hit your seed. Also what you watched is probably what the person in the video is more comfortable in hitting, I've tried both Soft reset method and start game from the menu method, and I'm more comfortable hitting close to my spread more with the soft reset method.

2) I tried inputting no roamer locations "meaning I left the boxes blank and unchecked" (the ones you noted before saving), and I didn't get any roaming pokemon locations that are tied to my seed. I've also tried inputting a different number on one of the locations and it comes up as having a different corresponding roaming pokemon location. This means that it is in fact necessary to take note of their locations (doing it once will suffice).

Hope this helps. :3

Ohhhh okay I see, that makes sense, forgot there was a space to input not only whether the roamers were alive, but where they were. thanks!

Hmm...The delays I'm hitting don't seem right. When I use "Search Roamers" I've been getting combinations (of Entei and Latios) with no matches, but I've gotten the same two each twice, so it seems like there's something I'm doing consistently wrong. (Though, on my very first attempt I got a valid match, but for a delay that was off by about 50)

Hmm...The delays I'm hitting don't seem right. When I use "Search Roamers" I've been getting combinations (of Entei and Latios) with no matches, but I've gotten the same two each twice, so it seems like there's something I'm doing consistently wrong. (Though, on my very first attempt I got a valid match, but for a delay that was off by about 50)
What are the ranges that you search for? Have you calibrated the game correctly?
I had problems with the roamers myself for a while. They were never in the place they should be, but the Elm/Irwin calls confirmed my seed and delay. When I then KOd the roamers and defeated Lance again, they started acting like they were supposed to :)

Ranges? Not sure what you mean (Delays I have +/- 50, seconds I have +/- 2)

I think I'm calibrated right...490 for HGSS, though I updated a few times based on the delays I seemed to have hit. I'm going for 1498, and sometimes I've gotten these weird non-matches, but based on the locations of E and L when I load my file, I've hit 1492, 1494,1496, 1500, and 1502, but not 1498.... -_-

Ranges? Not sure what you mean (Delays I have +/- 50, seconds I have +/- 2)

I think I'm calibrated right...490 for HGSS, though I updated a few times based on the delays I seemed to have hit. I'm going for 1498, and sometimes I've gotten these weird non-matches, but based on the locations of E and L when I load my file, I've hit 1492, 1494,1496, 1500, and 1502, but not 1498.... -_-
So at least you're close to the delay you want :) just keep trying!
Have you tried RNGing something else before the roamers? You are with Lance right now right? That's why you don't do Irwin calls?

Hey, guys. It's been a while since I've tried RNGing for 4th Gen, so I don't have my calibration info for SS and I'm rusty on how to get it again. The RNG guide talks about using EonTimer, but I remember not having to use that before. I'm getting weird results trying to calibrate without it and using just RNG Reporter. I guess I can't do that anymore?

Hey, guys. It's been a while since I've tried RNGing for 4th Gen, so I don't have my calibration info for SS and I'm rusty on how to get it again. The RNG guide talks about using EonTimer, but I remember not having to use that before. I'm getting weird results trying to calibrate without it and using just RNG Reporter. I guess I can't do that anymore?

I just did some gen 4 RNG abuse, so I'm ripe for helping out

Are you trying to RNG a pokemon or your TID/SID? Also, I would suggest using EonTimer(you might have been using Pikatimer instead), it makes the process a lot easier.

Yeah you need to calibrate your delay and second using EonTimer :)
Try first using 490 as your delay and 14 as your second.
http://nuggetbridge.com/breeding/4th-and-5th-generation-rng-calibration/
http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpphgss_rng_part1#setupeon
Those are two good guides for calibration :)

I just did some gen 4 RNG abuse, so I'm ripe for helping out

Are you trying to RNG a pokemon or your TID/SID? Also, I would suggest using EonTimer(you might have been using Pikatimer instead), it makes the process a lot easier.
Just getting things in order to RNG a few Wondercard Pokémon in the near future. All I think I needed previously when I was calibrating the first time (around the time HGSS came out) was just RNG Reporter; I didn't have either timer program then. I don't remember what version it was, though.

Thanks for the links, Elena.

Art Vandelay

Banned deucer.
Yeah Dream Radar is a downloadable "game" on the 3ds :)
I RNGd a bunch of pokemon from there, including the legendaries :) just PM me if you have questions about RNGing on there :)
would the dream radar "game" be affected by the whole GenIV/V wifi being shut down? Like I think May 20th was the date, could I still RNG and get my pokes after that?

So, how can I make sure I hit my delay in Platinum for my starter? I obviously do not have the coin toss app, so I don't think there's a way to check it. At the very least, is there a way to make sure I'm hitting even/odd delays?

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
So, how can I make sure I hit my delay in Platinum for my starter? I obviously do not have the coin toss app, so I don't think there's a way to check it. At the very least, is there a way to make sure I'm hitting even/odd delays?
When I RNG'd my starter in HGSS, i verified whatever Delay i hit by manually looking at the adjacent/closest seed to my target in the Seed To Time window, then copypasting them in the Reporter's main window to look if a certain frame matched the starter's nature, characteristic and rough estimate of its IVs (i used the starter's starting frame as a guide too). I didn't have problems with Odd/Even delays since my games always spit Even delays, no matter what, courtesy of my Emerald.

When I RNG'd my starter in HGSS, i verified whatever Delay i hit by manually looking at the adjacent/closest seed to my target in the Seed To Time window, then copypasting them in the Reporter's main window to look if a certain frame matched the starter's nature, characteristic and rough estimate of its IVs (i used the starter's starting frame as a guide too). I didn't have problems with Odd/Even delays since my games always spit Even delays, no matter what, courtesy of my Emerald.
Hmm, alright then, I'll keep doing that. The Sinnoh starters all have a starting frame of 1, right?

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hmm, alright then, I'll keep doing that. The Sinnoh starters all have a starting frame of 1, right?
Yeah, and that would make it much easier to verify whatever frame you got, unilke the more "erratic" starting frames of Kanto/Johto starters; unless there are NPCs wandering around willing to troll you.

Yeah, and that would make it much easier to verify whatever frame you got, unilke the more "erratic" starting frames of Kanto/Johto starters; unless there are NPCs wandering around willing to troll you.
Well, I (think) I'm getting delay 3957 but I need 3960. I got the odd # delay with my LG cart in the DS. If I just take it out, it should be at even frames now, right?

EDIT: yay 40000th post in this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 33)