2014 Music

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I went to see Within Temptation on Saturday at Wembley. Their support band (Delain) played two songs that mentioned Jesus and Within Temptation played a song featuring Xzibit. I've never felt so trolled in my life.

On the plus side, they played their two best Mother Earth songs (title song & Ice Queen) so that made up for all the pop-rock BS from their latest two albums.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Hospital uploaded the preview of "Jelly Belly", from S.P.Y's Back To Basics Chapter 1 LP, and it is sounding tremendous. I cannot wait for it (the Back To Basics Chapter 1 EP) to be released.

Last edited:
Release the Panic: Recalibrated by Red is cool, but I prefered the normal version
From Water to War by Nine Lashes i also good.
But Fragile Immortality by The unguided was a disapointment.

We'll see what else is released this year.

Release the Panic: Recalibrated by Red is cool, but I prefered the normal version
From Water to War by Nine Lashes i also good.
But Fragile Immortality by The unguided was a disapointment.

We'll see what else is released this year.
Run and Escape is a good, nostalgic song and would be even better without the underwhelming production.

can't believe Arch hasn't posted about the new Swans yet. ;)

it's massively dense and is going to take a long time to unpack, but i definitely dig it.

can't believe Arch hasn't posted about the new Swans yet. ;)

it's massively dense and is going to take a long time to unpack, but i definitely dig it.
After a cursory listen last night I think I might like it more than The Seer. We'll see though, definitely needs more time. In other news...

http://idylls.bandcamp.com/album/prayer-for-terrene

An absolute sonic beatdown of a record, just north of completely unlistenable at times, but man am I digging this atm. I don't really want pin any specifc genre to this record, but it is noisey, always. Produced by Kurt Ballou of Converge, and his production style is, as always, amazingly raw and evocative.

Ohmylord I've actually patiently been waiting for the new Swans record instead of spoiling it with a leak. I'm waiting for my autographed vinyl copy to come in but I ended up caving and went to go buy a second vinyl today (present for somebody later who knows.) This is obviously heavily influenced by first time listening factor, but this might be my favorite Swans record. Gira obviously goes fucking insane, and ironically that sort of primal energy probably makes this one of the most accessible Swans records ever.

I personally think this record's gonna be even bigger than the Seer popularity wise. The big droning epics are missing here and replaced with some flail worthy jazz and smash-your-wall-because-I'm-gonna-dance-like-Ian-Curtis basslines. I actually think this is going to be the first Swans show I go to where the crowd will actually be, gasp, grooving with the songs. The last two shows I've gone to have been reasonably low key with people just kind of swaying back and forth. Also jesus christ these songs at the unholy noise level of Swans live shows is gonna be SO DAMN HYPE.

TL:DR Swans fanboy here giving it the thumbs up. This is probably the third Swans record I'll be giving a perfect score (along with The Seer and Soundtracks For The Blind.)

If you haven't gotten into the revitalized Swans yet, this is definitely the album to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)