League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

i'm surprised on how the na lcs scene has grown

if you compare spring/summer split 2013 to spring/summer split 2014 the skill diference is ridiculous, every team is so much better, and they're even better at this summer

Props to C9, they are the ones who grew the na scene tbh, their dominance started making people sweat. this is no game anymore niggas

also dig should not be underestimated, their bot lane is crazy good, and crumbz is a great jungler, their mid lane needs work but both players are talent so they have to bootcamp, and top is fine. Id say the last 4 places are a tossup on who's more consistent tbh.

Just went 7-3 in my provisional matches. I am Silver II now Garen's Shadehunters. I lost two games to shit teams and an afker, and one game to a smurf who hard carried them. Going to get Gold soon.

Just went 7-3 in my provisional matches. I am Silver II now Garen's Shadehunters. I lost two games to shit teams and an afker, and one game to a smurf who hard carried them. Going to get Gold soon.
may the tilt commence. ;__; that shit got me and I was almost at my silver promos I was 2/4 and I was about to win my last one but then I just threw so hard and then I kept on spiraling to mid b3 and now I'm low b2 because fuck me I am suck.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
i'm surprised on how the na lcs scene has grown

if you compare spring/summer split 2013 to spring/summer split 2014 the skill diference is ridiculous, every team is so much better, and they're even better at this summer

Props to C9, they are the ones who grew the na scene tbh, their dominance started making people sweat. this is no game anymore niggas

also dig should not be underestimated, their bot lane is crazy good, and crumbz is a great jungler, their mid lane needs work but both players are talent so they have to bootcamp, and top is fine. Id say the last 4 places are a tossup on who's more consistent tbh.
Yeah it is really hard to judge the bottom 4. My issue with Dig is there weak mid lane, and I really feel like cruzer isn't especially strong. If they could get someone along the lines of Shiptur I think they rise to top of the bottom 4. Either way it should be a really interesting split and I can't wait to see how LMQ matches up with the top teams.

How do you guys think C9 is going to do with Hai out for allstars? Honestly right now I think they are either going to be 4th above TPA or 5th. I can't see them doing much with a replacement midlaner as they will only have a few weeks to practice.

i no i r mean gai but:

errbody i wanted 2 b kikd out of lcs got kikd out =p
dat mean u nin10dood
n shiptur

n dat butterbal zuna

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Meteos and the rest of C9 are still in LCS, so is Dyrus, so I didn't get my wish. Oh so is Innox the worst top laner NA. And Cop.

Hmm rough life =\

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I think that the example of XDG and Coast ought to convince teams that there simply isn't a place for a well-liked "shotcaller" who cannot compete on an individual level any longer, ie Zuna or NintendudeX. Players in general are becoming more and more self-sufficient as individual entities, thus meaning that as long as they are on the same page about general goals they shouldn't need someone yelling at them to tell them what to do every ten seconds. This puts an emphasis on individual play, for better or for worse.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Kassadin gonna be fotm again. Spread the word

The last week of NA LCS was pretty depressing
- Nien stepped down
- Coast got relegated. They were my favorite underrated team (or should I say, "team") coming into this split because of all the wild entertainment that you can get by watching their games. Not sure if anything else can come close. Coast had probably the weakest game sense out of all the LCS teams but some of the strongest individual playmaking potential and could at any day upset the strongest teams. Although it didn't help that Shiphtur basically disconnected himself from the rest of the team coming into relegations.RIP =(
- I predicted EG's relegation and that didnt come out right so that's 2 predictions wrong for the week. >:(
- Hai's incident.
- Xpecial benched.
- Bischu retiring.
- Benny retiring.

Anyways I'll feel really odd not seeing Shippy or Zion in the next LCS. Scarra confirmed that d Shiphtur won't happen (at least...for now), and Zion's status remains a mystery (but it was hinted at one of the CLG interviews that he'll probably not be their choice).

In any case UncleSam is right. Regi noticed this a while back and stepped down for a stronger player at the price of some shotcalling. It ended up going really well for TSM. Admittedly, there remains to be issues as TSM's wins are generally more brute-force ish than strategic so they don't have a lot to fall back on if they can't overpower their enemies. That's not to say TSM is strategically weak, however.

super early predictions for NA summer split

1.) c9
2.) CLG (believe)
3.) TSM
4.) china
5.) dig
6.) col (bold prediction alert)
7.) crs
8.) eg

also I need solo q help I lost 4 plat series' in a row and dropped to gold 2

super early predictions for NA summer split

1.) c9
2.) CLG (believe)
3.) TSM
4.) china
5.) dig
6.) col (bold prediction alert)
7.) crs
8.) eg

also I need solo q help I lost 4 plat series' in a row and dropped to gold 2
pffffffffft

1. C9
2. LMQ
3. TSM
4. CLG
5. Col
6. Crs
7. Dig
8. EG

RODAN

Banned deucer.
#1 dig, goldenglue is gonna come back and hold this split together
#2 c9, they are good but not enough to stop cruzer the bruzer
#3 chinamen, cruzer is so used to tower dives that it doesnt even matter how chinky they are
#4 curse, forever fourth
#5 clg, fuck jibaku
#6 eg, while innox may be the best individual player this split i think hes going to have troubles with the others
#7 col, as if crumbzz isnt gonna shatter brokenshard
#8 tsm, i think they have finally succumb to their own hype and have become a machine rather than actual people

Jibaku

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
1. C9
2. CLG*
3. TSM**
4. LOMO***
5. CRS
6. DIG****
7. COL
8. EG

Notes & Assumptions:
* CLG's new toplaner being at least on Dyrus' level and can easily communicate with the team
** Xpecial is kept and the team gets along well again
*** No roster changes/no 6 man rotating roster. Uzi is already confirmed to remain in china, though.
**** Scarra is kept (pretty much confirmed but still).
- I'm expecting the top 4 to be relatively similar in power, so I won't be too surprised at any order. Curse and Dig also have historically been similar in power.
- Also expecting Curse to not have wild roster changes because they always do that =/

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
1. CLG
2. C9
3. LMQ
4. TSM
5. CRS
6. COL
7. DIG
8. EG

I think if Seraph comes in and can cleanly transition as CLG's new top laner, then C9 will have much more trouble with CLG overall due to Balls no longer being almost guaranteed a winning lane situation, and I also believe that LMQ's raw mechanical skill could give trouble to C9 in the early game as well meaning that it will be harder for C9 to maintain its stranglehold on dominance, whereas CLG is allowed to exhibit the best balance between strategic understanding and individual skill level.

TSM will stay strong but now will no longer be the strongest mechanical team in NA, coupling that with they're lower strategic acumen they will be falling slightly behind LMQ.

From 4th to5th we see an impressive drop in relative skill level where things are all more up in the air. CRS will most likely be top 2 of the bottom 4, being relatively the strongest/most consistent of these teams. Col's flash of potential against Coast shows that they can at once be very stupid and lucky and sometimes being downright brilliant, and I think they will show a slightly better showing than the other lower teams simply due to their imaginative approach in responding to various strategies allowing them to cheese out some wins. EG and Dig are mostly trapped by old favorites and bad lanes with 1 or 2 players of talent being held back by the rest of the team. I think QTpie and Crumbzz will manage to have more impact on games than Pobelter can so I give Dig the edge, although only slightly. I also expect that both Dig and EG will be relegated after this split due to this lack of overall skill and a poor grasp of the macro level strategy that is garnering importance in the NA scene.

what about eu?

1. Fnatic
2. Alliance
3. SK
4. Roccat
5. C Wolves
6. Gambit *
7. Millenium
8. Supa Hot Crew

* There's been rumors that Alex Ich might want to join a new super team and that he doesn't like the attitude of some of his teammates. They looked pretty meh ending the spring split and I think Gambit will start to fall apart this season just due to internal conflict and frustration that they're not seeing as much success as they used to. I could see the team disbanding if they don't make it to worlds, and I don't think they will.

Last edited:

Jibaku

EU's in a mess atm and I'm losing track as to what's happening. That and the EU LCS is historically difficult to predict. AAnywaaays...

- Copenhagen Wolves losing Forg1ven is a massive blow and it may be difficult to find someone at his level. He was definitely at least tied for the #1 ADC in EU during his time in the LCS.
- Millenium's relatively recent acquisition of Kottenx to replace Araneae has gotten them great results towards the end of the split. He was perhaps the MVP of the entire Bo5 against NiP and is looking to propel Millenium out of last place.
- I don't expect SK to fall off anytime soon. They showed a strong performance as the split went on and they got their confidence. Also they have the legendary Incarnati0n as their coach. Alliance too.
- No comment on super team / Gambit
- Supa Hot Crew looked amazing during relegations. Unfortunately, their support player just retired after being benched, and no replacement has been announced.

updated @ roster changes:

1) C9
2) TSM
3) CLG
4) LMQ
5) DIG
6) CRS
7) EG
8) COL

1) FNC
2) ALL
3) SK
4) ROC
5) MIL
6) SHC
7) GMB
8) CW

Last edited:

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
1) CLG
2) LMQ
3) DIG
4) CRS
5) COL
6) EG
7) TSM
8) C9
C9 and TSM can die in dumpster fires.

1) FNC
2) SK
3) ALL
4) ROC
5) GMB
6) SHC
7) CW
8) MIL

has this happened to anyone before?

I've literally never seen or heard of this and I have no clue why it says that

I don't remember anything weird happening, maybe some weird lag for like a minute but that's it. That's interesting though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)