Super-Effectivemons

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Can't we just say that Ditto is Ditto and Ranger Mike is trolling us?
I think Ranger Mike's actually making a good point. Ditto would be able to check anything if it runs a super-effective move. He'd be like a niche Pokemon, capable of easily countering most offensive threats with a Choice Scarf. But there are some Pokemon that had a pre-evolution that was weak to a move, but the final evolution isn't anymore, such as Scizor having Diamond Storm since Scyther was weak to it, making Ditto's niche a bit situational, but effective nonetheless.

I think Ranger Mike's actually making a good point. Ditto would be able to check anything if it runs a super-effective move. He'd be like a niche Pokemon, capable of easily countering most offensive threats with a Choice Scarf. But there are some Pokemon that had a pre-evolution that was weak to a move, but the final evolution isn't anymore, such as Scizor having Diamond Storm since Scyther was weak to it, making Ditto's niche a bit situational, but effective nonetheless.
Okay, this makes sense to me now. I doubt it'd be OU in this metagame, however.

Guys has anyone stated that
1 mega mawile gets v-create

2 rotom w with leech seed/spikey shield/ cotten gaurd

3 latios/latias get quiver dance

Sorry if im late on these and theyve been stated i showed up tardy to the party

Wait a minute, your telling me Kyurem-B gets Shift Gear, Dragonite gets Geomany, Magnezone gets Fire Blast, Greninja has the best move pool ever, and Espeon gets Tail Glow?!

My god, so many ideas.

EDIT: Tail Glow Swoobat, anyone?
Another Edit: Just realized Swoobat/Woobat isn't weak to Bug, damnit,

Last edited:
Wait a minute, your telling me Kyurem-B gets Shift Gear, Dragonite gets Geomany, Magnezone gets Fire Blast, Greninja has the best move pool ever, and Espeon gets Tail Glow?!

My god, so many ideas.

EDIT: Tail Glow Swoobat, anyone?
Geomancy requires lefties to be replaced and do you really want to run roost? Shift gear is pretty cool and there arent to many steel types for magnezone to trap greninja is pretty awesome its like s+ rank espeon is never to be used offensivly and in such an offensive metagame you shouldnt be trying to baton pass.

Geomancy requires lefties to be replaced and do you really want to run roost? Shift gear is pretty cool and there arent to many steel types for magnezone to trap greninja is pretty awesome its like s+ rank espeon is never to be used offensivly and in such an offensive metagame you shouldnt be trying to baton pass.
I'm not sure about Espeon. In this meta, it gets Secret Sword from Eevee, and can bounce back nasty status moves like Spore, two big advantages that no other Psychic type gets.

Wobbuffet and Gothitelle get Quiver Dance and Heal Order :O (and in Wobbuffet's case, it actually gets decent attacking moves)
A set like this could destroy stall teams:

Gothitelle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: IDK but I guess u want him to be bulky
- Trick
- Taunt
- Quiver Dance
- Special Attack of your choice

Switch in when the opponent's poke is using a non-attacking move, trick a scarf, taunt, set-up, profit.
Edit: Actually, a recovery move or a second coverage move is probably better than taunt, since u can already set-up without it.

Last edited:
Wobbuffet and Gothitelle get Quiver Dance and Heal Order :O (and in Wobbuffet's case, it actually gets decent attacking moves)
A set like this could destroy stall teams:

Gothitelle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: IDK but I guess u want him to be bulky
- Trick
- Taunt
- Quiver Dance
- Special Attack of your choice

Switch in when the opponent's poke is using a non-attacking move, trick a scarf, taunt, set-up, profit.
Edit: Actually, a recovery move or a second coverage move is probably better than taunt, since u can already set-up without it.
While it is 4mss at its finest even after a ad I fell got hotels is to slow to taunt a lot if pokes even at +1

Bro, you won't need to use Roost after +2 Speed, SAtk and SDef boosts. All you're gonna worry about is Ice Shard. Also, Roost is not uncommon on Dragonite.

Also, Baton Pass is still a top tier threat. Here are some new moves they obtain:
- Scolipede gets Amnesia (+2 SDef; with Iron Def, this guy's crazy OP)
- Gorebyss and Vaporeon get Cotton Guard AND SPORE (+3 Def)
- Espeon & Mew get Tail Glow/Nasty Plot & Taunt & Dark Void (+3/2 SAtk; don't forget stored power either)
- Mr. Mime gets Shift Gear, Curse & Acid Armor

Notable Offensive Others:
Gallade gets Shift Gear, Play Rough, Roost and Brave Bird (shift gear is the only thing that makes it surperior to MegaCham)!
Mega-Cham gets the above minus shift gear. Gets Shadow Sneak too.
Scizor gets 75BP Flame Charge and other random good stuff from Scyther.
T-Tar gets all the goodies from Rock/Ground prevos! Notably, Shift Gear, Leaf Blade, Close Combat.
Hawlucha and Pinsir get all the great Flying-type moves.
Volcarona and Keldeo get Oblivion Wing.

Ya'll jizzing over set-up sweepers and just ignoring the two new kids on the block, meowstic-m and mega-bannette.

Pranksters with topsy-turvy, straight from hackmons now in your meta. also riolu with heart swap.

Anyway, mega-Bannette. Best mega? Maybe not, but definitely good now. A set that looks something like this would wreck faces and just generally make set up sweepers cry (pfft, shit gear and tail glow are for nerds)

Banette @ Banettite
- Topsy-Turvy
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Force
- Dark Void

Meowstic-M here is a bit hilarious, in addition to running all the things it could before (and more) a fun set could be one that I'm going to call "the hypocrite".

Meowstic (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
- Topsy-Turvy
- Tail Glow
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock

The idea here is to switch in on a set up, topsy turvy, then do the exact thing they were going for...setting up. There are probably (definitely) better sets but that just seems like so much fun to do.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ya'll jizzing over set-up sweepers and just ignoring the two new kids on the block, meowstic-m and mega-bannette.

Pranksters with topsy-turvy, straight from hackmons now in your meta. also riolu with heart swap.

Anyway, mega-Bannette. Best mega? Maybe not, but definitely good now. A set that looks something like this would wreck faces and just generally make set up sweepers cry (pfft, shit gear and tail glow are for nerds)

Banette @ Banettite
- Topsy-Turvy
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Force
- Dark Void

Meowstic-M here is a bit hilarious, in addition to running all the things it could before (and more) a fun set could be one that I'm going to call "the hypocrite".

Meowstic (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
- Topsy-Turvy
- Tail Glow
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock

The idea here is to switch in on a set up, topsy turvy, then do the exact thing they were going for...setting up. There are probably (definitely) better sets but that just seems like so much fun to do.
For the Meowstic set, I personally prefer Topsy-Turvy, Destiny Bond, Parting Shot, and Taunt, pretty much anti-set up. Someone else on my team has Spore, so I didn't think Dark Void was that necessary.

Is there anything that could possibly use magnet rise?
Most Rock types, i think....
Hmmm....

Makes me think about moves like Gravity and stuff...

What about gravity nidoking?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)