Hearthstone [IRC Channel #Skillstone]

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Okay I've grinded Mage quite a bit and am hitting unranked with a nice splash running Trump's basic mage (suggested by Matthew ) albeit with a few modifications.

So I have access to the following expert cards that I'm considering:

Mage Specific:
1x Pyroblast

Neutral:
1x Abusive Sergeant (Works great lategame with the Shattered Sun Cleric + Gurbashi + Hero power combo)
1x Amani Berserker (Same drill as above with Shattered+Abusive+Hero power to activate enrage)
1x Acolyte of Pain (Gnomish a very underwhelming card, plus behind a taunt nice draw rate with Board cleaning+shattered)

so will mixing up these with my standard deck help it improve? I don' have very many any other cards, and I don't have the slightest clue about deck synergy. What am I looking to remove here?

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Acolyte is a great addition to the deck. I don't know if I like the Gurabashi I find it too slow but regardless they sound like solid additions

Okay I've grinded Mage quite a bit and am hitting unranked with a nice splash running Trump's basic mage (suggested by Matthew ) albeit with a few modifications.

So I have access to the following expert cards that I'm considering:

Mage Specific:
1x Pyroblast

Neutral:
1x Abusive Sergeant (Works great lategame with the Shattered Sun Cleric + Gurbashi + Hero power combo)
1x Amani Berserker (Same drill as above with Shattered+Abusive+Hero power to activate enrage)
1x Acolyte of Pain (Gnomish a very underwhelming card, plus behind a taunt nice draw rate with Board cleaning+shattered)

so will mixing up these with my standard deck help it improve? I don' have very many any other cards, and I don't have the slightest clue about deck synergy. What am I looking to remove here?
Besides those basic decks, trump also does a series where he tries to get a fresh account to legend as fast as possible without spending money. One of the classes he's done this with is Mage.

https://sites.google.com/site/trumpdecks/freetoplay

As you can see he runs both Amani berserker and acolyte of pain in his free to play Mage deck, and both would be excellent additions. Abusive seargent has the issue of almost every 2/1 in that it's horrible to drop early vs 1/3rd of the classes, but does at least have some late game value with that battlecry. Pyroblast is way overcosted for what you get but it's not bad to have one as a finishing blow. I think definitely add the breaker and alcolyte, maybe on the other two.

Is it me or did the NA ladder just go full-on anti-hunter around rank 6-7? I'm under 50% tonight so far :/

Yeah, I play hunter. Hate me all you want, but I don't have all those required epics/legendaries to play any Druid deck, let alone Warrior Control. I'll take donations for packs/dust though :P

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Is it me or did the NA ladder just go full-on anti-hunter around rank 6-7? I'm under 50% tonight so far :/

Yeah, I play hunter. Hate me all you want, but I don't have all those required epics/legendaries to play any Druid deck, let alone Warrior Control. I'll take donations for packs/dust though :P
Depends what version of hunter you are running, tons of rogues running around now to counter the zoo/ non face hunter / Druid meta.

I still think face hunter is the best version, since it doesn't lose to rogues like the other ones do

That's pretty cool actually. He's probably one of my favourite high level players to watch.

I've seen WORSE hands, but yeah. Mostly as Control Warrior where I end up with Grom, Rag and Cairne in my starting hand AFTER mulliganing 3 cards.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Bolt/Axe/Mana Tide is a bad opening hand now? :X That's one missing Al'akir short of "the nuts."

I don't have all those required epics/legendaries to play any Druid deck, let alone Warrior Control. I'll take donations for packs/dust though :P
While I transitioned to using a few more Legendaries in my list (picking up Sylvanas in a pack, for example), it's not all that necessary for Druids. Many Druid decks will use no legends at all besides usually Cairne, The Black Knight (due to the popularity of other Druids) and occasionally Ragnaros, which is largely out of favor at the moment due to BGH being everywhere right now. Not every control deck requires a boatload of legends.

Last edited:

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus

For someone who's trying to grind mage this is absolute bullshit. Waste of hard earned money. smh. Thanks blizzard. -_-. Not even a single neutral

edit: opened two more packs and same result. Got on BS all classes taunt card with field damage death rattle, that's it.

Last edited:

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bolt/Axe/Mana Tide is a bad opening hand now? :X That's one missing Al'akir short of "the nuts."

While I transitioned to using a few more Legendaries in my list (picking up Sylvanas in a pack, for example), it's not all that necessary for Druids. Many Druid decks will use no legends at all besides usually Cairne, The Black Knight (due to the popularity of other Druids) and occasionally Ragnaros, which is largely out of favor at the moment due to BGH being everywhere right now. Not every control deck requires a boatload of legends.
It's incredibly bad against tempo rogue. Especially bad against savjz

For someone who's trying to grind mage this is absolute bullshit. Waste of hard earned money. smh. Thanks blizzard. -_-. Not even a single neutral

edit: opened two more packs and same result. Got on BS all classes taunt card with field damage death rattle, that's it.
The irony is that as someone using rogue, I'd kill for a Defias Ringleader :(

But instead I get a bunch of other random crap cards like you said. It is tempting to just straight up DE all non-main class cards I don't care about just so I can make the rogue ones I do want.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

haha, you'll run into a flying ton of shits like that, don't start being pissed quite yet man :D

I'm having so my fun with my shamiracle deck grinding, and surprisingly it does so well, I've done one 30 damages turn, was dope

Oh and an arena with 3 legendaries as shaman, dat was some good shit d;

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hi i've been playing a shitload of hearthstone feel free to add me: fatecrashers@gmail.com and maybe we can have some matches for funsies

last season i went with a druid deck which was reasonably successful while so far this season warlock has served me well (handlock cos i tend to run out of steam with zoo)

had to clear out a quest, win 2 games with mage.
won 2 games in 2 with my mage deck, faced an annoying warlock, that took a good 10 minutes to win, lots of taunters and spell cards. eventually they ran out of tools

Matthew

The new Warrior control deck (the more aggressive one with the Kor'krons) is really fucking sweet. It's also way better than the previous Warrior control.

Just noting.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
UTH needs the removal of charge, but apparantly that would make it suck... which is a lie.
What would be the point of UtH doggies without charge? Isn't the card supposed to function as an AOE card for hunters? Card draw from Starving Buzzard is the strength of the UtH combo, and I don't think the removal of charge would be helpful in this regard.
IMO as a shaman player this change is definitely nice, but I didn't mind UtH before and this seems sort of unnecessary - it seemed like the "vocal majority" when it came to complaints about the card.

Ok I give up on fucking arena mode, even if I get decent cards the opponents always lucksac into better ones or conveniently into the ones they need while mine stay buried. Fuck paying an extra 50g for 1 lousy pack basically with my win ratio, I'll just go back to buying them at 100g each.

I am getting the same combo with snake trap with Buzzard as people do with UTH, there would be no problem with it

and i got the beast out of a pack the other day, might try him in hunter.

Ok I give up on fucking arena mode, even if I get decent cards the opponents always lucksac into better ones or conveniently into the ones they need while mine stay buried. Fuck paying an extra 50g for 1 lousy pack basically with my win ratio, I'll just go back to buying them at 100g each.
Every time this happens to me, I just stop playing Arena and go back to watching popular Arena streamers who are better at it than I am. It's helped me every time so far. In fact, it might be time for me to do this again because I've been struggling the past few days (and it's ALWAYS after a really good 8+ win run).

What would be the point of UtH doggies without charge? Isn't the card supposed to function as an AOE card for hunters? Card draw from Starving Buzzard is the strength of the UtH combo, and I don't think the removal of charge would be helpful in this regard.
IMO as a shaman player this change is definitely nice, but I didn't mind UtH before and this seems sort of unnecessary - it seemed like the "vocal majority" when it came to complaints about the card.
Basically, the Hearthstone subreddit wins. Again :/. That community is starting to piss me off, actually.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I don't think UTH was a broken card but you have to admit that in Hunter it offered a great deal more synergy than is currently seen with Hearthstone's limited card pool. Eventually it should in no way be unreasonable, but I understand why it might seem that way right now. But then making it a 3 also isn't much of a nerf at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)