5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I have the frames set to 1-1 as the video instructed.

Spent the last few days looking up different tutorials & articles on RNG and still having no luck generating seeds.
That's why you haven't gotten any results.. You need to give yourself some more room to work with, ie setting the frames higher..

Doesn't really matter when i set the frames too, the generator popup stays there only for less than ~<5s still not generating anything.

Getting the same result no matter what i put for the date and frames (1-(1-6)100)

• I'm using RNGReporter 9.96.5 Beta
  • I'm attempting to get a shiny Tepig with a specific IV spread (28/31/31/30/30/30) straight from the gift box.
  • I'm trying to hit frame 58 on seed 21A59B86C5EC2C2 (on 4/24/14 at 00:20:13). I'm not using the C-Gear so I'm under the impression I don't have a delay to be concerned with. The MAC address of my 3DS is 34-AF-2C-C0-81-EC.
  • I verified my seed by putting the generated starter's stats into an IV calculator and seeing whether the IVs matched up with the IVs of the seed.
  • Here's the post I made in another forum asking about this:
    I am currently RNGing for a shiny starter in Pokemon White. I RNGed for my TID and SID so that a specific PIDRNG frame on a specific seed would be shiny, hit my seed for my IV spread, and when I checked my IVs on the initial check (no frame advancements), everything seemed to be fine. Then I restarted, supposedly hit my seed, saved once to advance the PIDRNG, and checked the Pokemon again. This time, though, it had completely different IVs. I've repeated this several times so I don't think it's a matter of my not hitting my seed correctly. The MTRNG shouldn't be advancing if I'm just standing in my house by the gift box, right? So if I'm hitting my seed the IVs should always be the same? I've checked five or six guides and tutorial videos and none of them have been particularly helpful in figuring this out. (If I'm missing something crucial/obvious please don't talk down to me because I've been researching this as extensively as I can for the past two days, so I'm not coming into this with no effort or background.) Anyway thanks in advance for any help.
  • The results without frame advancement were an Impish nature and an IV range around the expected values. The results with one frame advancement (one save) were a Serious nature with an IV range too low to include any of the IVs of the spread on the seed I was supposed to hit. Nowhere on the seed near the starting frame are any two adjacent frames that are Impish followed by Serious. I've tested this a good five to ten times and checked the seeds adjacent to the seed I'm aiming for and it's not that I'm missing the seed somehow. I also tried it with other numbers of frame advancements and found results that also didn't match up anywhere with the order of the frames on the seed. I can do those again and record them if that would help.
  • I've already RNGed my TID and SID for this file as well as several shinies on another copy of White so I know what I'm doing, I just can't figure out what's wrong with this specific situation.
  • That's all the info I can think of right now, if there's anything else I need to put in here just let me know and I'll edit. I've been working on this on and off for twelve hours so I'd just like to get it resolved (even if the resolution is "you're stupid and you messed up somewhere, you have to completely start over")...

• I'm using RNGReporter 9.96.5 Beta
  • I'm attempting to get a shiny Tepig with a specific IV spread (28/31/31/30/30/30) straight from the gift box.
  • I'm trying to hit frame 58 on seed 21A59B86C5EC2C2 (on 4/24/14 at 00:20:13). I'm not using the C-Gear so I'm under the impression I don't have a delay to be concerned with. The MAC address of my 3DS is 34-AF-2C-C0-81-EC.
  • I verified my seed by putting the generated starter's stats into an IV calculator and seeing whether the IVs matched up with the IVs of the seed.
  • Here's the post I made in another forum asking about this:
    I am currently RNGing for a shiny starter in Pokemon White. I RNGed for my TID and SID so that a specific PIDRNG frame on a specific seed would be shiny, hit my seed for my IV spread, and when I checked my IVs on the initial check (no frame advancements), everything seemed to be fine. Then I restarted, supposedly hit my seed, saved once to advance the PIDRNG, and checked the Pokemon again. This time, though, it had completely different IVs. I've repeated this several times so I don't think it's a matter of my not hitting my seed correctly. The MTRNG shouldn't be advancing if I'm just standing in my house by the gift box, right? So if I'm hitting my seed the IVs should always be the same? I've checked five or six guides and tutorial videos and none of them have been particularly helpful in figuring this out. (If I'm missing something crucial/obvious please don't talk down to me because I've been researching this as extensively as I can for the past two days, so I'm not coming into this with no effort or background.) Anyway thanks in advance for any help.
  • The results without frame advancement were an Impish nature and an IV range around the expected values. The results with one frame advancement (one save) were a Serious nature with an IV range too low to include any of the IVs of the spread on the seed I was supposed to hit. Nowhere on the seed near the starting frame are any two adjacent frames that are Impish followed by Serious. I've tested this a good five to ten times and checked the seeds adjacent to the seed I'm aiming for and it's not that I'm missing the seed somehow. I also tried it with other numbers of frame advancements and found results that also didn't match up anywhere with the order of the frames on the seed. I can do those again and record them if that would help.
  • I've already RNGed my TID and SID for this file as well as several shinies on another copy of White so I know what I'm doing, I just can't figure out what's wrong with this specific situation.
  • That's all the info I can think of right now, if there's anything else I need to put in here just let me know and I'll edit. I've been working on this on and off for twelve hours so I'd just like to get it resolved (even if the resolution is "you're stupid and you messed up somewhere, you have to completely start over")...
You have calculated your initial starting frame right?
If you are getting different IVs than the seed states, you have missed your seed. Are you using an external timer to help you know when to start your game?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
That's not possible. And if it was, you should've asked that in the Most Generation RNG thread, thing.
It is possible. The problem is that no gives enough of a shit to gather the information anywhere.

You have calculated your initial starting frame right?
If you are getting different IVs than the seed states, you have missed your seed. Are you using an external timer to help you know when to start your game?
I have calculated my initial frame, yes, and I'm landing on it. I'm using my computer's clock to help me know when to start the game and I'm allowing for a seven second delay (not eight because I found seven through my own calculations). So basically do I just keep trying?

EDIT:: I got it figured out and got my shiny! I think pressing A to start the game rather than using the touch screen was affecting the seed somehow. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
So I've been trying to RNG Amanita's Eevee in Black 2. I've found a good IV spread on frame 2 but I've run into a problem. The guide on Smogon says that gift pokemon like Eevee start at frame 8. Supposedly the game advances 8 frames when getting the gift, meaning that if the target frame was 8, I wouldn't have to do anything other than start the game at the right time and claim the eevee. So I used the (Target Frame) - (Initial Frame) - (Starting Frame) + 1 method described on the guide, but this equation gives me 2 - 1 - 8 + 1 = -6? I don't understand how you advance negative frames. I'm probably doing something wrong, I've only successfully RNGed two pokemon and they were both stationary legends on frame 1. So is there an upper limit to frames that loops over back to 1, e.g. if you were at frame 255 or something like that and you advanced a frame, would you go to frame 1? I've got a picture of what I've been doing.

http://postimg.org/image/u328290sj/

^ Just like how you put the minimum and maximum IV frame at 1 to RNG the legends, set the min and max to 8 for gifts. If that doesn't give you any options for the spread you're looking for, I'd first recommend searching under different years and then try adding keypresses to your profile.

A word to the wise, that Eevee is hard-coded to never be a female.

Last edited:
So I've been trying to RNG Amanita's Eevee in Black 2. I've found a good IV spread on frame 2 but I've run into a problem. The guide on Smogon says that gift pokemon like Eevee start at frame 8. Supposedly the game advances 8 frames when getting the gift, meaning that if the target frame was 8, I wouldn't have to do anything other than start the game at the right time and claim the eevee. So I used the (Target Frame) - (Initial Frame) - (Starting Frame) + 1 method described on the guide, but this equation gives me 2 - 1 - 8 + 1 = -6? I don't understand how you advance negative frames. I'm probably doing something wrong, I've only successfully RNGed two pokemon and they were both stationary legends on frame 1. So is there an upper limit to frames that loops over back to 1, e.g. if you were at frame 255 or something like that and you advanced a frame, would you go to frame 1? I've got a picture of what I've been doing.

http://postimg.org/image/u328290sj/
You need to find an IV frame that starts on frame 8, not 2.
Then you should copy the seed into the main window of the RNG reporter to see what natures you will get. Don't forget to press the "calculate initial PRNG frame". Then advance the PRNG frame with chatots :)

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You find an IV frame that starts on 1. Gift Pokemon have always been on frame 1, not frame 8. The only exception to that is the Larvesta gift egg (and possibly the Happiny one in BW2) that starts on IV frame 2. Frame 8 is only for eggs from the daycare.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Is there a guide somewhere on Dream Radar abuse w/ RNG Reporter? I remember there being one here in the forums way back, but it was deleted upon the change to XenForo (social group post), and I don't remember the process anymore since it's been several months since RNGing the DR Genies.

Trying to RNG a shiny kyurem with the seed 65DC73B08C43539B. Frame 21, shiny frame of 122, starting frame of 59 I've been able to catch the kyurem with right IVs a couple of times, but with a nature that does not appear anywhere near the target shiny frame of 122, after the 63 chatot cries.

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I have 4 pokes in my party that I used to advance the IV frame 20 times, and use chatots to get to frame 122 from 59 for the nature and shinyness. Any help, or something crucial that I am overlooking?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Trying to RNG a shiny kyurem with the seed 65DC73B08C43539B. Frame 21, shiny frame of 122, starting frame of 59 I've been able to catch the kyurem with right IVs a couple of times, but with a nature that does not appear anywhere near the target shiny frame of 122, after the 63 chatot cries.

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I have 4 pokes in my party that I used to advance the IV frame 20 times, and use chatots to get to frame 122 from 59 for the nature and shinyness. Any help, or something crucial that I am overlooking?
Walking in an area where you can encounter wild Pokémon advances the PIDRNG for every single step and turn you make. Find a frame 1 IVRNG spread.

Wait, I though that there were no wild pokemon in kyurem's chamber?

edit: i does not seem that wild encounter in that cave is possible. does it advance the PIDRNG anyways because it's a cave or something??

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)