Not open for further replies.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Haruno
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username Haruno
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 3pm-12am GMT-7 all days
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a sophomore in college. I'm a psychology major. I mostly play ubers/doubles though I've always tended to neglect smogon's main tier and was hoping to get involved into ou abit since from what others have said, I am absolute garbage at it (losing to ojama in monotype tour when I was using ghost vs his fight for example) among other things. So yeah :(
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Sure, but I suck at tournaments =(

Username: Lohgock
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Lohgock
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+2; most of the time
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi, I'm an 18 years old German, about to finish school this month. I've been playing Pokemon for ages now but only Singles yet. When I arrived home from German VGC yesterday, I decided trying to get into Doubles since I begin to really love the format. At first I wanted to try it out alone but seing how I failed at VGC even though training a lot before made me think of the tutoring program and how every good VGC-player had a coach. Yes, I'm aware there's a big difference between VGC and Smogon Doubles but I like Doubles even more than VGC, so I decided I'd rather learn Doubles.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: jup
Are you interested in playing for the Round 84 Tutee Tournament?: Yes

Laga has agreed to tutor me! :)

Last edited:
Username: Kavatika
Pokemon Showdown: Kavatika
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4 (EDT); I'm usually available for a little bit at 11:30 am and again at 1:30 pm for a limited time on weekdays, but I'm usually on at around 7:30 or 8 pm every day
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU (or XY UU if it's available yet)
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a high school sophomore in a smallish Michigan town. I usually have plenty of time for the forums thanks to school-issued iPads, and I've been a consistent user since September. I mainly play LC but I'm interested in expanding my horizons. I need help being more confident with my teambuilding as well so yeah
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 84 Tutee Tournament?: prolly not since I have exams early next month

Usernae: DeG5
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Pokemon Showdown! Beginnar2
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT+8, 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Tell us a little about yourself:I' really interested in Pokemon, as I played my first game, a fake handed-down Pokemon Ruby and I loved it. I then played Pokemon White, then I got a 3DS for my birthday and I play Pokemon X. I don't have any experience in competitive battling, but I have made an okay OU team.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Okay.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 84 Tutee Tournament?: Alright, It'll be nice to test out the skills I will have learnt.
Explanation: I want to learn about all the tactics and such so that I can contribute to different threads on my strategies, rather than just being a person who goes by brute force.

Last edited:
Username: Dark_Psiana
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Dark_Psiana
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2, mostly in the evening or in the afternoon
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Doubles/VGC
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 19yo German, studying physics at university. I Played DPP and BW Singles for a long time and played VGC this season, going 5-3 in Bochum. To generally improve my double skills and get in touch with a new metagame, I would really like to learn more about XY Doubles.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 84 Tutee Tournament?: No

Username: scout102
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:skatakid27
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Central Time Zone. Fluctuates, but I'm at my computer most of the time. Mid Afternoon to late evening 12 - 9 pm
What tier do you want to learn?: UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college student in Texas, I go to UT and I have been a big fan of pokemon since I was really young playing pokemon yellow on my gameboy color. Some of my friends are high ranked pokemon players and they seem to have a good time with it, so I want to get involved. I played pokemon showdown a lot through highschool, but never did anything super competitive. I have a basic working knowledge of the game. Other than that I am a computer science major and love playing video games and meeting people who are passionate about the same things I am!
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: For sure, that's why I'm here!
Brief explanation of why I should be tutored if I have fewer than 25 posts: I have tons of free time, and I love pokemon. I don't have 25 posts but that's only because I recently found this community and want to be a part of it because everyone seems really awesome! I'm a respectful guy and am more than willing to take constructive criticism from people who know what they are talking about! Hope you will consider me
Are you interested in playing for the Round 84 Tutee Tournament?: Sure thing, should be a good way to show what I learned from my mentor.

Username: Reign of Hail
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Uniterflash
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Standard Time (UTC-05:00)
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU or XY Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Well im 14 and currently a freshman in high school. My favorite charact I made this account when I was like 10 years old and trying to make my first competitive team (It was a hail team) ,but I stopped pokemon after selling my ds for and switching to 360. So I saw x and y started saving got the game a moth ago and have over 100+ hours on it now!.Brief explanation of why I should be tutored if I have fewer than 25 posts: So even though I have less than 25 posts I want a tutor because I want to learn the meta and be able to compete at the highest level as well as be an active component of this community. Most of all I suppose, I just want to have fun doing so.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Um Sure.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 84 Tutee Tournament?: Sure sounds fun!

Last edited:
Username: ScoobyDoom
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Pizza Seller
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST Anytime since it's summer
Tell us a little about yourself: I recently, as in a few hours ago, became a Sophomore in university. Since starting university, I've had less time to dedicate to Pokémon. Now that it's Summer, I have a lot more time to devote to Pokémon. Since starting VGC, I've also had a craving to play OU again thanks to Joey/PokeaimMD. With XY OU being completely foreign to me, I decided to try and acquire a tutor to help me through the way to try and become a competent player like Joey. My hobbies include, sports, anime, cooking, manga, and fishing. Being tutored before, I love having interactions with a tutor, even if it's not about Pokémon. Hopefully, through this experience, I will not only acquire a skillful teacher, but a good friend. With this experience, I hope to branch out more on the forums such as SPL, tutoring, and or team rating.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely
Are you interested in playing for the Round 84 Tutee Tournament?: If I feel competent enough, I'd love to play.

Username: Tehbestest
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: tehbestest
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern time zone/ Typically weekday nights(9:00-on) and weekend afternoons(2:00-on) , but my work schedule isn't consistent so that may change
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU primarily, but I'm interested in UU and RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been a fan of pokemon since it came to the States and since I've learned about competitive battling in Gen 3 I was always interested in getting into it. However, I didn't understand how EVs and IVs work as a kid and as a teen I found it to be too much of a time sink to really try competitive battling. Now that they've made generating good pokemon a lot easier with special training and the assortment of items, along with my discovering of Pokemon Showdown, I finally want to try to become a competitive Pokemon battler.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course
Are you interested in playing for the Round 84 Tutee Tournament?: Yeah, it sounds like an excellent chance to gain experience.
Brief explanation of why I should be tutored if I have fewer than 25 posts: This is my first post on this forum as this thread was what pushed me from being a lurker to attempting to become an active community member. Hopefully, getting a tutor can be the first step to becoming a member of the Smogon community.

Username: Lord Ninjax
Showdown Username: Lord Ninjax
Timezone and Hours: IST, 8-10 on weekdays and 6-10 on weekends
Tier to Learn: Any one of the following: ADV OU, DPP OU, BW OU, XY OU (BW and XY at a higher level, since I already know the basics)
A little about myself: I'm a 15 year old high school student from India, I read a lot and am pretty good at math and science as well. I've been playing Pokemon since I was 8, though I only started Competitive Battling about a year ago. I'm currently trying to make myself into a better player after crashing out of my first two tournaments, and want to pick up all of the tiers specified (one at a time though). I also have a YouTube channel where I post Pokemon Walkthroughs, along with HALO and Minecraft stuff (channel name is Lord Ninjax: Its my gamer handle)
Tutee Talk: Yes, I'm willing.
Round 84 Tutee Tournament: Sure, I like Tournaments so why not.
PS: I sent this application from my iPhone and cant work out how to copy paste text, so I hand typed all the specified categories.
I also signed up and got passed over last round

Last edited:
Username: geovanicaon
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username [DD]geovanicaon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability
: GMT -3, mostly at night but exceptions may apply.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm brazilian, lawyer, love pokemon since I was 11. Wanting to learn how to properly play so I can stop sucking. Own a Pkm Y version and my main focus is wifi battling after I actually learn competitive.

Last edited:
Username: Ultimathunder
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Ultimathunder
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8, in the mid afternoon, varies on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU, XY Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college student in California, majoring in Neurology and Psychology. I enjoy playing Pokemon and other video games like TF2. I mostly play Doubles, but I'm interested in DPP and Ubers, and would like to get better at them :].

I signed up back in Round 82 and was skipped

Last edited:
Username: swhannell
Pokémon Online/Pokémon Showdown/Shoddy Username: swhannell
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT 6pm -12am (though I'm quite flexible with times).
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC 14
Tell us a little about yourself: I am currently studying at University and am in my final year. Pokémon Blue was the very first video game I played and I have been hooked ever since to the world that is Pokémon, buying every generation up to now. I have since been tutored in round 81 in XY doubles and am now at a level where I feel confident in my abilities, certainly with doubles. At the moment what I am struggling most with is building an effective team that suits my play style.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 83 Tutee Tournament?: I'm not very good at tournaments but I can give it a shot. Last time was a disaster.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: I tend to only post when I absolutely must, rather than post just to get my numbers up. I feel once I get into the swing of things I will post more and more.

I signed up for round 83 and was skipped

Username: aznshents
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: aznshents
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, -5GMT. Free evenings after 11PMEST, or days before ~5/6PMEST.
What tier do you want to learn?: Playing XY Wifi mostly, so VGC but also Wifi
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 23 years old and I'm a performer at Disney World for a living. I played through RBY, GSC, RSE, and then explored the DS ones briefly on emulator before I realized I really really wanted to battle online. So here I am. A week into owning Y, and beaten the Elite Four and ready to start battling but with no idea on how to create a fantastic team due to lack of experience.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 84 Tutee Tournament?: Sure!

Brief explanation: I am of an extremely competitive nature. All the games I play are multiplayer online because simply put, I love the thrill of competition. have been wanting to competitively battle since I explored Pokemon on DS. I raced through the game just to be able to start IV breeding and putting teams together, and I have been pouring for days reading threads about what should go into making teams and how certain pokemon are.

Last edited:
Username: JuniBoy
Pokemon Showdown Username: JuniBoy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: (GMT -4:00) Tuesday and Thursday I cant, the other days I'm available in the morning until 12:30pm and all day after 4pm saturdays and sundays all day
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU / TeamBuilding
Tell us a little about yourself: I was in the previous 101 tutoring with pwnemon, we were practicing doubles but my internet connection was with problems and I had to wait for a technician to come by my house to fix the modem, thats why I didn't finished my session with him. Like before I want to learn how to play competitive, got problems building a pokemon (which nature, ev's, etc.) and building a team, I'm very noob about competitive, but I'm very interested, if I have to study something first before playing competitive I'll do it.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, no problem at all.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Thanks everyone for signing up. For anyone wondering why they got skipped remember that we give priority to people who got skipped last round, then it's first come first serve depending on the tiers requested.

EDIT: All tutors have been assigned, thanks for filling up the doubles spots guys.

Remember that if your tutor goes inactive, PM us and we'll nuke a missile up their ass. If you're a tutor and your dude goes inactive, let us know and you get to pick a new tutee.

Limitless - Albus - UU
Manaphy - Ultimathunder - Ubers
Jirachee - Felony - OU
Mizuhime - Dark_Psiana - Doubles
Laga - Lohgock - Doubles
Remedy - Adrima - OU
Trinitrotoluene - Dietcoke101 - OU
Molk - trillyntruly - OU
Funkasaurus - Melonz - LC
Delko - Enki - BW
Ojama - Not the Messiah - OU
youngjake93 - Demerzel - Doubles
BlankZero - Sunny. - Doubles
Metal Sonic - Dirty Bum - OU
BKC - afterburn - DPP
ShootingStarmie - Inflikted - BW
Pwnemon - Blizzard - Doubles
Hot N Cold - asbdsp - ADV
FLCL - Randa - UU
Dice - The1NintendoFreak - OU
Treecko - Max Carvalho - OU
Ace Emerald - autriastar - OU
DTC - EmeraldEnchanter - RU
Tokyo Tom - Hubbystuff - BW
Royalty - Cadence - UU
Jio - swhannell - VGC
Human - The Sinful Bird - VGC
macle - Flame Emblem - LC
Cherub Agent - jynx - OU
Fried Rhys - Duplicated - OU
Goddess Briyella - Pokemasta77 - LC
EonX- - s_aman - UU

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)