Almost Any Ability XY (Suspect Over: Weavile banned, Keldeo Stays)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Anyone tried anything like this out? Mean Look prevents opponent from switching while Encore+Disable force them to struggle to death

Gardevoir@Mental Herb
Ability: Prankster
Calm
Evs: 252 HP/252 SpD
Mean Look
Encore
Disable
Taunt

Or hazards. Or sandstorm. Or hail. Or status and a damaging move. Or knock off.

EDIT: Or Trick/Switcheroo. Or grass types with rough skin/iron barbs.
No, no, no... You guys, Pansage is a late-game staller, used to pick off weakened enemies with no way of breaking a sash. Pokemon that run hyper offensive sets and could be otherwise detrimental to your team.

EDIT: Oooh... Pansage gets Taunt. Didn't see that there. Whoops.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
No, no, no... You guys, Pansage is a late-game staller, used to pick off weakened enemies with no way of breaking a sash. Pokemon that run hyper offensive sets and could be otherwise detrimental to your team.

EDIT: Oooh... Pansage gets Taunt. Didn't see that there. Whoops.
Can't you run the same set with Smeargle?

Can't you run the same set with Smeargle?
No... Smeargle can't have Prankster, it's banned. Plus, Smeargle would have trouble with Magic Bouncers.

I also found that a similar set works with Black Sludge Venusaur or Mega Venusaur - Leech Seed, Subsitute, Synthesis, and Sludge Bomb (to circumvent Taunt and possibly induce poisoning).

You saw it here first, kids:

look im wavnig (Cofagrigus) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Haze
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Infestation / Shadow Ball / Destiny Bond

(Alternatively: Calm Nature with 252 HP/ 252 SDef / 4 Def)

---

With powerful attackers wrecking everything in this meta, a good wall needs to be both robust and versatile. Cofagrigus with Prankster has just the right stats, movepool, and ability (heh) to accomplish almost any task that's thrown at it. It's a safeguard against boosting sweepers, non-Fire type physical attackers, and much more depending on what move is run in the fourth moveslot. It's the ultimate last resort, getting the Will-O-Wisp or Destiny Bond off on many otherwise unstoppable sweepers.

The contents of fourth moveslot should vary depending on your team's style. Infestation is a great option for residual damage and trapping. The combination of Infestation and burn damage is truly a force to be reckoned with, and, in conjunction with an early Pain Split, it can kill off even Pokemon with Leftovers before they are released. The problem with running it is that you lack a real attack option and will be reliant on residual damage and weak to Taunt. Stallier teams would probably get the most benefit from Infestation.

Shadow Ball is the go-to "normal attack" for Cofagrigus, and it pretty much explains itself. It's a safe choice that can be applied well to many situations, and it's very reliable, coming off a somewhat-respectable 95 base attack stat.

Finally, Destiny Bond. Destiny Bond is terrifying with Prankster. Probably better for more offensively-inclined teams who want an answer to a wider variety of threats, Destiny Bond is an excellent last resort for getting rid of those pesky overconfident sweepers. At the very least, Destiny Bond can give your opponent eight (or more) turns of Prediction Hell.

Well, that's all I've got to say about the good ol' 'Gus. I highly recommend you give him a spin; Prankster is an excellent reason to slap the crazy coffin on your team.

You saw it here first, kids:

look im wavnig (Cofagrigus) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Haze
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Infestation / Shadow Ball / Destiny Bond

(Alternatively: Calm Nature with 252 HP/ 252 SDef / 4 Def)

---

With powerful attackers wrecking everything in this meta, a good wall needs to be both robust and versatile. Cofagrigus with Prankster has just the right stats, movepool, and ability (heh) to accomplish almost any task that's thrown at it. It's a safeguard against boosting sweepers, non-Fire type physical attackers, and much more depending on what move is run in the fourth moveslot. It's the ultimate last resort, getting the Will-O-Wisp or Destiny Bond off on many otherwise unstoppable sweepers.

The contents of fourth moveslot should vary depending on your team's style. Infestation is a great option for residual damage and trapping. The combination of Infestation and burn damage is truly a force to be reckoned with, and, in conjunction with an early Pain Split, it can kill off even Pokemon with Leftovers before they are released. The problem with running it is that you lack a real attack option and will be reliant on residual damage and weak to Taunt. Stallier teams would probably get the most benefit from Infestation.

Shadow Ball is the go-to "normal attack" for Cofagrigus, and it pretty much explains itself. It's a safe choice that can be applied well to many situations, and it's very reliable, coming off a somewhat-respectable 95 base attack stat.

Finally, Destiny Bond. Destiny Bond is terrifying with Prankster. Probably better for more offensively-inclined teams who want an answer to a wider variety of threats, Destiny Bond is an excellent last resort for getting rid of those pesky overconfident sweepers. At the very least, Destiny Bond can give your opponent eight (or more) turns of Prediction Hell.

Well, that's all I've got to say about the good ol' 'Gus. I highly recommend you give him a spin; Prankster is an excellent reason to slap the crazy coffin on your team.
I have actually tried the same Infestation/Will-O-Wisp idea with Eviolite Dusclops and it is awesome.

Dusclops gets Taunt, too.

DusclopsOP:

Dusclops@Eviolite
Ability:Truant
EVs:252 HP 128 Def 128 Sp.Def
Careful Nature(or any defensive nature which does not lower the other Defense stat)
-Skill Swap
-Mean Look
-Curse
-Pain Split

Im surprised ive never seen anyone suggesting or even using this set(If someone has, sorry) Anyways Mean Look the opponent, Skill Swap them truant, Pain Split, if they damaged you a lot and Curse them. It KOs everything! EDIT: If they dont have taunt or their ability is not illusion
EDIT: Alternatively Normalize and infestation works in place of Truant and Mean Look

Last edited:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
DusclopsOP:

Dusclops@Eviolite
Ability:Truant
EVs:252 HP 128 Def 128 Sp.Def
Careful Nature(or any defensive nature which does not lower the other Defense stat)
-Skill Swap
-Mean Look
-Curse
-Pain Split

Im surprised ive never seen anyone suggesting or even using this set(If someone has, sorry) Anyways Mean Look the opponent, Skill Swap them truant, Pain Split, if they damaged you a lot and Curse them. It KOs everything!
The problem is they get several free turns before you skill swap them, which they can taunt (what I would do), set up on you, or do other things. It's basically entrainment Durant.

Referencing the Dnite set I was talking about earlier...

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

It serves as a great Keldeo check and also can compete w/ Noivern, as Espeed gets +2 priority and is STAB. Additionally, it get x1.6 because of Aerialate and LO

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Referencing the Dnite set I was talking about earlier...

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

It serves as a great Keldeo check and also can compete w/ Noivern, as Espeed gets +2 priority and is STAB. Additionally, it get x1.6 because of Aerialate and LO
It's actually x1.69 .-.

Maths

You could also try slashing in fire punch instead of dragon claw for skarmory, but I don't know if that could even 2hko skarm

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Landorus gets Aerialate Explosion, which pretty much destroys anything that doesn't resist it

252+ Atk Choice Band Aerilate Landorus-T Explosion vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 435-513 (110.4 - 130.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

My team is totally gimmicky, but sometimes can be surprisingly effective. Just swept three Pokémon with Sneasel. :)

Sneasel @ Eviolite
Prankster
Adamant 4 HP / 252 Att / 252 Def
Assist
Thief
Focus Punch
Counter

Pranskter Assist is really useful; but all the Extremespeed going around is tough to deal with. Sneasel is jsut about bulky enough to take Dragonite's Extremespeed and Counter, it seems; but not if rocks are up.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
My team is totally gimmicky, but sometimes can be surprisingly effective. Just swept three Pokémon with Sneasel. :)

Sneasel @ Eviolite
Prankster
Adamant 4 HP / 252 Att / 252 Def
Assist
Thief
Focus Punch
Counter

Pranskter Assist is really useful; but all the Extremespeed going around is tough to deal with. Sneasel is jsut about bulky enough to take Dragonite's Extremespeed and Counter, it seems; but not if rocks are up.
Is this an assist based team? If so, you should post the rest of your team so it makes a bit more sense...

Reactions: EV
I think we need to consider a Dragonite ban. Most teams have one (including mine) and the only offensive counters it has are faster Dragonites, Weavile, and Pixilate E-speed faster Pokemon. It's defensive counters are limited to Skarmory.

Last edited:
apparently, poison/dark with levitate and bug/steel with flash fire would also have no weaknesses (not counting mold breaker, turbo blaze etc.) just throwing it out there

Weaville@Life Orb/Choice Band / Expert Belt
Technician
Jolly/Adamant
4hp/252Atk /252Spd
-Ice Shard
-Pursuit/Knock Off/Bite
-Aerial Ace
-Power Up Punch /Revenge

I think we need to consider a Dragonite ban. Most teams have one (including mine) and the only offensive counters it has are faster Dragonites and Pixilate E-speed faster Pokemon. It's defensive counters are limited to Skarmory.
252 Atk Refrigerate Weavile Fake Out vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Dragonite: 336-400 (103.7 - 123.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)