Almost Any Ability XY (Suspect Over: Weavile banned, Keldeo Stays)

Status
Not open for further replies.
something totally untested but:
Gengar@Leftovers
Normalize
Timid
4hp/252 Spa /252 Spd
-Skill swap
-Shadow ball
-Focus Blast
-Substitute/Hypnosis/Dazzling Gleam/Hidden power (fire)/etc.

skill swap normalize onto the opponent slower than you and get a free turn. seems fun <3

something totally untested but:
Gengar@Leftovers
Normalize
Timid
4hp/252Spa /252 speed
-Skill swap
-Shadow ball
-Focus Blast
-Substitute/Hypnosis/Dazzling Gleam/Hidden power (fire)/etc.

skill swap normalize onto the opponent slower than you and get a free turn. seems fun <3
It's a good idea but first of all use black sludge second of all unlike in balanced hackmons where gengar can use this to get of a free shell smash in regular metagames gengar doesn't even get nasty plot (WTH gamefreak) so the only thing you can do on the switch is burn em set up a sub for sub disable or toxic if you feeling ballsy.

It's a good idea but first of all use black sludge second of all unlike in balanced hackmons where gengar can use this to get of a free shell smash in regular metagames gengar doesn't even get nasty plot (WTH gamefreak) so the only thing you can do on the switch is burn em set up a sub for sub disable or toxic if you feeling ballsy.
*replace Gengar with Mismagius for nasty plot set*

edit Jaguar360 interesting set but just wondering what does Dark Pulse hit?

Wailord is far too slow to use Specs Water Spout and there are better options for Drizzle Pokemon, for example Greninja or Keldeo. Even if they are slightly less powerful they hit hard and fast enough to make up for it.

Also don't get the hype for Pansage, it sounds a lot like a waste and only to be used for fun teams. After all it's stopped cold by status or Taunt Pokemon (Taunt Pansage risks getting hit by an attack), priority Pokemon, Weavile, Magic Bounce / Guard Pokemon, and all Grass-types. I'd much rather use a Pokemon that helps my team cover up other threats than some Leech Seed staller that can't actually stall very effectively.

Also, even if I were to use Pansage, it should probably run max Speed to beat opposing Pansage's Taunt. In addition, TeamSpaceBird's set uses Nature Power, but what's the point?

ok let's make this post more useful and talk about more threats

Weavile @ Life Orb
Trait: Refridgerate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Quick Attack
- Frustration
- Knock Off

Return can also be used but I like messing with Ditto :)

This guy has been the MVP for many of my matches, and I'm surprised nobody talked about it (bar Oi's mention of it after Kyub's ban). Fake Out + Quick Attack is a potent revenge killing combo and with Refridgerate boosts they actually do quite a number. Frustration is (very) powerful STAB and Knock Off is Knock Off, preventing stuff like Metagross or Cresselia from dumping on you (you'll need to hit the former on the switch tho). Ice + Dark forms pretty good coverage together, both being fantastic offensive types, and Weavile's power makes up for whatever it misses out on (eg. Frustration 2HKOes Bisharp iirc). Fake Out + Quick Attack as Ice-type moves keep so many things in check; it prevents Landorus-T, Dragonite, Thundurus-T and Noivern from sweeping you freely, as well as picking off threats from slightly more than half HP. The fact that Fake Out is basically free damage means we've essentially got a base 104 power Ice-type priority move without factoring STAB, and if you think about it it's scary as hell. Now add on to the fact that Weavile's two other moves are extremely spammable; Frustration will wreck anything that doesn't resist it with base 132 power before STAB, while nothing wants to switch into a powerful Knock Off and have their item removed. Ladies and gentlemen, we've got a monster.

Of course, there are checks to this thing. Keldeo is probably a safe bet as it resists both STAB moves and isn't too difficult to fit in. Metagross can switch into anything but Knock Off and Bullet Punch Weavile to death, ditto for bulky Scizor, and they both can recover the damage from multiple Frustrations. idk what else tbh, my teams rely a lot on checking it and not hard countering it, ie. Steel-types or just revenge killers.

How do you guys deal with Weavile?
I use that exact set on my team and although I didn't build it around Weavile, it, alongside Aerilate Noivern, has put in the most work. It is hardwalled by most bulky waters, however.

This may be a noob question, but how does megas work?
They keep their original ability, as in they get the ability they're actually supposed to have.

So a good strategy is using an ability that works on the switch-in, for example Download or Intimidate. Maybe Magic Guard/Bounce?

DusclopsOP:

Dusclops@Eviolite
Ability:Truant
EVs:252 HP 128 Def 128 Sp.Def
Careful Nature(or any defensive nature which does not lower the other Defense stat)
-Skill Swap
-Mean Look
-Curse
-Pain Split

Im surprised ive never seen anyone suggesting or even using this set(If someone has, sorry) Anyways Mean Look the opponent, Skill Swap them truant, Pain Split, if they damaged you a lot and Curse them. It KOs everything! EDIT: If they dont have taunt or their ability is not illusion
I would use Infestation instead of Mean Look because it traps as well as inflicting residual damage. And if you want to use skill swap, try Normailze, not Truant.

(Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Thunder Wave
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

The bulk is fucking unreal.

(Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Thunder Wave
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

The bulk is fucking unreal.
Instead of T-Wave, try Curse. It will power up Gyro Ball, while T-Wave will just weaken it.
You might also try a sassy nature and some SpD EV's, since Curse will up your Defense stat.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but I just wanna throw out Poison Heal Goodra for anyone who might like it. Goodra's tanking ability and double leftovers recovery is pretty nice.

Saw this little devil and couldn't help but share:

Heliolisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Lightningrod / Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Electrify
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Electrify is like a nobody move, largely ignored, even though it is the signature move of Helioisk's evolutionary line. If Helioisk moves first, the target's move that turn is automatically an Electric-type attack. It also works on status moves (yes, this includes Toxic). Use this to activate Lightningrod, and you have a free Special Attack boost. Fire away with a nice STAB T-Bolt or use Dark Pulse/Focus Blast for good coverage.

Volt Absorb is another option, albeit inferior in my opinion. You may want to pair this ability with Life Orb should you use it. Motor Drive can be used, but is not really necessary as you will want a Special Attack boost more than Speed. Plus, you have Timid for that little extra speed.

There are only a few counters to this set that make Helioisk's butt itch-Pranksters and other priority abusers as Electrify has normal priority. But with the proper support (as in taking out the Pranksters before sending in Helioisk) this thing can wreck/confuse/OHKO some threatening sweepers.

See for yourself: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/almostanyability-116982914

Last edited:

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
oh god what did i borned

my dark past has finally come back to haunt me.

Glad to see AAA has taken off so well!

Edit: As a word of advice, you should go ahead and ban Zen Mode, Multitype and Flower Gift except on their original users. Not because they're OP or anything, but because they literally do nothing due to how they're coded ingame on anything other then their original users.

Last edited:

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- ExtremeSpeed

I haven't played a lot of AAA matches, but this set seems promising. Netting a KO with ESpeed is easier because the opponent doesn't know you have Moxie. This should also work for Dragonite as well, I guess. Depends on your team. If you already have Noivern, Lucario covers for Noivern very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)