Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 38 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
To celebrate a streak of 686 in Battle Maison's Super Doubles (see here), I'm hosting a giveaway! I've aggregated 5783 Battle Points from that streak and previous battles, and I want to share it (and foreign spitbacks) with other people. :)

Instructions:
Each person may select up to 192 BP's worth of items or an Ability Capsule.

For example, you can have:
  • Ability Capsule
  • Choice Band + Choice Specs + Choice Scarf + Life Orb (48 * 4)
  • Toxic Orb + Weakness Policy + Assault Vest + a complete set of Power Items (16 + 32 + 48 + 16 * 6)

But please don't ask me to trade you 96 Pokemon carrying Vitamins. XD

Each item will be carried by a 4 IV or 5 IV foreign spitback--most of them are Japanese, but I've got a few Spanish and French Pokemon around. If I run out of those, I'll trade a 5 IV spitback or something.

We will be exchanging Friend Codes and discussing the terms of trade over synIRC. My username is Quanyails, and I typically hang out in #cap, though please PM me instead of asking me in a public channel if you're interested in this giveaway. If I'm not on, send me a Conversation.

I'm not looking for anything particular in return. Rare Candies would be nice. :P If you're generous, I'll take those female spitbacks in special balls, non-competitive legendaries or shinies... (if you're up for it, send me a shiny Virizion from Pokecheck) or even the elemental monkey you caught in Santalune Forest five minutes ago, if that's all you're willing to trade. I need space in my PC, anyway.

Last edited:
What does following somebody on the forums actually do? I don't get alerts or anything when they post or update their status :/

hey i asked earlier but no one replied. probably because it was so late.

but does anyone have any advice to a moveset for accelgor? I'm interested in how this guy has changed in XY.

I was thinking of a stall trapper set timid, sticky hold, 253 speed, 252 hp, 4spA, with the moves substitute, yawn and infestation, encore/recover

or a speedy spikes user with spikes, substitute, bug buzz and focus blast 252 speed 252 spA 4hp

any thoughts on these sets or ideas on others?

but does anyone have any advice to a moveset for accelgor? I'm interested in how this guy has changed in XY.

I was thinking of a stall trapper set timid, sticky hold, 253 speed, 252 hp, 4spA, with the moves substitute, yawn and infestation, encore/recover

or a speedy spikes user with spikes, substitute, bug buzz and focus blast 252 speed 252 spA 4hp

first set is probably done better by shuckle. Second set is the way to go IMO.

Agreed. Accelgor has just about 0 bulk..interesting idea though. Also, replace sub with with giga drain and run either life orb or focus sash

Last edited:
Reposting for new page. I'll likely be ending this around the end of the week.
GIVEAWAY TIME

As a bit of promotion for my shop (and the new Trophy Case section), I will be doing a giveaway. Here is the fabulous prize:

Adamant nature
31/31/28-29/28-29/31/31
Caught by me (meaning I can nickname upon request)

For this giveaway, I'd like to do a little poll. All I'd like are honest responses. The last question asks for your favorite number. I'll use an RNG and whoever's number is closest wins.
1. What are things my trade thread has done well?
2. How can I improve the thread?
3. What are 3 suggestions you have for new Apricorn Ball females I should add?
4. Are there any Dream Radar (Dream Ball)females I should add? If yes, who?
5. What is your favorite number?

Rules are below, please read them first.

1. Do not post in this thread or on my wall. Please PM me.
2. This Zygarde is STRICTLY NON-REDIS! There is no excuse for redistributing this Zygarde. You have been warned.
3. Please number your answers (1 for question 1, 2 for question 2, etc.), it makes things so much easier.
4. RNG will go up to 1000. Entrants that posted before this edit have numbers below 1000, so this will not affect them.

@lmitchel0012 - Diancie doesn't evolve from Carbink any more than Manaphy evolves from Phione. They're separate species.

BTW, I have a question.

Is it possible to figure out your TSV by just looking at a shiny you encountered yourself? I found a shiny bellsprout a while ago and still have it in my box. Is there any way I can somehow use that bellsprout to figure out what my shiny value is? To be honest, the standard way people usually check it now kind of goes over my head.

@lmitchel0012 - Diancie doesn't evolve from Carbink any more than Manaphy evolves from Phione. They're separate species.

BTW, I have a question.

Is it possible to figure out your TSV by just looking at a shiny you encountered yourself? I found a shiny bellsprout a while ago and still have it in my box. Is there any way I can somehow use that bellsprout to figure out what my shiny value is? To be honest, the standard way people usually check it now kind of goes over my head.
Checking your own TSV or ESV is impossible without a third party software or device.

yeah i was thinking about shuckle too, but i figure that an opponent will underestimate Accelgor for being easy to take down and for its unimpressive offensive capabilities. so the opposing poke would rather set up with some sort of boosting move and take an attack then retaliate. that's where that moveset comes into play giving it the edge in speed that shcuckle will never have and substitute protecting it from non-sound attacks.

sounds good on paper but im wondering how it sounds to be used.

Agreed. Accelgor has just about 0 bulk..interesting idea though. Also, replace sub with with giga drain and run either life orb or focus sash
focus sash will probably give it more chance to use spikes. plus it can let it possibly yawn a talonflame :p

Moderator edit: Don't double post.

Last edited by a moderator:

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Is it possible to figure out your TSV by just looking at a shiny you encountered yourself?
Only if you find a shiny Spinda (and even then it's hard).

A much simpler approach would be to trade any Pokémon you've hatched/caught on the save-game in question to someone who can check the TSV for you. :)

Hey, does anybody have a spare pomeg berry? I was ev training a Pokemon and accidentally killed the wrong horde and got my evs all messed up lol and I don't feel like waiting 2 days to grow one haha

I have a handful of Adamant Thick Fat Pursuit Snorlaxes for trade. They're all 3IV, but given Snorlaxes don't care about their SpAtk or Speed, that's not bad. Most are missing either Def or SpDef. I have two females for trade, and I'd like something a little nice for them (such as a matching Pokeball), simply because they're the rarer sex.

For trade:
  • 5IV Careful Pursuit + Stealth Rock Larvitar
  • 5IV Quiet Overgrow Giga Drain + Leaf Storm Bulbasaur
  • 3-4 IV Adamant Huge Power Belly Drum + Aqua Jet Marill
  • 3 IV Naive Sand Veil/Rough Skin Gibles (only males left)
  • 3 IV Naughty Justified Play Rough Absols (though males have 4)
  • I can breed 5IV Timid Agility Mareep
5IV for 5IV, 3-4IV for 3-4IV. Willing to trade more than one 3-4 for a 5.

I'd like:
  • Bold Encore HA Poliwag
  • Adamant Swift Swim Kabuto
  • cool stuff, feel free to offer :D
Does anyone have a Friend Safari with Poliwhirl in it I could add?

acam333 I have some Pomeg Berries. You don't have to give me anything special for it.

Do you have a PP Max you could spare for the berry?
No:/ I have a pp up tho? I could also trade you a trophy shiny or something else. Pm me
Edit: never mind, I'm getting one from someone else, thanks anyways

I have a handful of Adamant Thick Fat Pursuit Snorlaxes for trade. They're all 3IV, but given Snorlaxes don't care about their SpAtk or Speed, that's not bad. Most are missing either Def or SpDef. I have two females for trade, and I'd like something a little nice for them (such as a matching Pokeball), simply because they're the rarer sex.

For trade:
  • 5IV Careful Pursuit + Stealth Rock Larvitar
  • 5IV Quiet Overgrow Giga Drain + Leaf Storm Bulbasaur
  • 3-4 IV Adamant Huge Power Belly Drum + Aqua Jet Marill
  • 3 IV Naive Sand Veil/Rough Skin Gibles (only males left)
  • 3 IV Naughty Justified Play Rough Absols (though males have 4)
  • I can breed 5IV Timid Agility Mareep
5IV for 5IV, 3-4IV for 3-4IV. Willing to trade more than one 3-4 for a 5.

I'd like:
  • Bold Encore HA Poliwag
  • Adamant Swift Swim Kabuto
  • cool stuff, feel free to offer :D
Does anyone have a Friend Safari with Poliwhirl in it I could add?

acam333 I have some Pomeg Berries. You don't have to give me anything special for it.

Moderator edit: Don't double post.
Sorry, forgot about that:/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)